Daily Bumps Thread Participants

OhHiImSam
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Daily Bumps Thread Participants

Unread post by OhHiImSam »

Cgl33 wrote:So Ollie is a brat, has special needs, and is a serial killer?
Isn't it obvious?
cats-or-die
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by cats-or-die »

Who TF is this Trish bitch? LOL

xoxo gossip cat
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I don't know, but whenever a new person complains that they can't say anything without getting jumped on, I start to twitch.
And before anyone gets their knickers in a twist, I like new people as a rule. I am glad to see fresh ideas and new opinions. And anytime a "fan" comes to the dark side, I rejoice.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
CanYouJustNot
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CanYouJustNot »

cats-or-die wrote:Who TF is this Trish bitch? LOL

xoxo gossip cat
Insinuates a toddler is a future serial killer then decides they actually like the bumps and we're the ones who are wasting our time. Image
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

Am I the only one who is uncomfortable with making fun of Ollie's speech?
I mean, yeah, criticize B&M for his shortfalls in that area, but to go so far as translating it is icky to me. It's unnecessarily mean. I might be alone here, but, gah, it's not that kids fault, yaknow?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
:roll:
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

I don't think it's mean necessarily but I think it's weird and creepy to copy down everything he says in vlogs
ghostgrrl
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ghostgrrl »

Making fun of Oliver's speech is in poor taste. It's not his fault that he has issues and obsessively writing out everything he says? Not funny, not informative, very strange and mean spirited in my opinion. If it was an adult, whatever (I see people doing this on the Ellie and Jared thread, that's fine) and maybe it's just because my own 2 and a half year old has speech issues that he's in therapy for, but damn. No matter what the reason for Ollie's impediments, he is a toddler and not responsible.
saltliferocks
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by saltliferocks »

While I agree with my girls, TheirMom and RootBeer, that we should use caution when discussing Ollie, I don't get the creepy or asshole vibe from the person/people who have been commenting. I think people are genuinely concerned for the poor kid. I am in no way an expert in child education, but even I want to shake The Dumbs at the way they ignore Ollie's verbal skills.
GG, I get what you are saying, though.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

Theirmom wrote:Am I the only one who is uncomfortable with making fun of Ollie's speech?
I mean, yeah, criticize B&M for his shortfalls in that area, but to go so far as translating it is icky to me. It's unnecessarily mean. I might be alone here, but, gah, it's not that kids fault, yaknow?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
No, you are not the only one. It's honestly pretty strange for adults to laugh at a two year old's speech.
The board sucks lately.
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

I wouldn't say I'm uncomfortable with them making fun of Ollie's speech. But as a mother to a kid who actually has a slight speech delay with her expressive language, reading the comments about Ollie makes me wonder if her delay is my fault. I've learned to just brush it off, though, and just keep scrolling.
cats-or-die
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I don't think people are making fun of him, but just pointing it out more and more. I personally find it annoying and discussed to death. I watched the vlog, I don't need a recap on everything Oliver said. I find that a bit obsessive and strange. Plus it makes us all look crazy and like we have all the time in the world to sit there an analyze what a toddler is saying.

xoxo gossip cat
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

ghostgrrl wrote:Making fun of Oliver's speech is in poor taste. It's not his fault that he has issues and obsessively writing out everything he says? Not funny, not informative, very strange and mean spirited in my opinion. If it was an adult, whatever (I see people doing this on the Ellie and Jared thread, that's fine) and maybe it's just because my own 2 and a half year old has speech issues that he's in therapy for, but damn. No matter what the reason for Ollie's impediments, he is a toddler and not responsible.
Most likely, it is not your fault. Yes, some children need speech therapy because there was a lack of stimulation while speech was developing, but most times it is not anyone's fault. And if you are aware of it, concerned, and seeking treatment, I'm going to say it was not your fault.
If Ollie needs speech therapy, it is likely that it won't be Bryan and Missy's fault. We are talking about kids in very deprived situations that suffer from neglect. Even if we disagree with their parenting, he's nowhere near neglected. Now, it would be their fault for not being honest with his pediatrician, which would delay therapy. I honestly think they believe in their hearts that he is advanced.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

zipadeedodah wrote:I wouldn't say I'm uncomfortable with them making fun of Ollie's speech. But as a mother to a kid who actually has a slight speech delay with her expressive language, reading the comments about Ollie makes me wonder if her delay is my fault. I've learned to just brush it off, though, and just keep scrolling.
As a (very infrequent) DB poster and fellow mama, I agree. My son's pediatrician is concerned that my son only babbles and has his own language, doesn't say mama or dada and just turned 13 months old. She wants to do early intervention if it hasn't improved by October. I talk and talk and talk to this kid and he's just a quiet kid, like his parents are (his dad and I keep to ourselves for the most part). We don't do baby talk, we talk to him like we would to each other. It makes me glad I don't daily vlog or vlog at all because we would have the same issues :/
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I got early intervention for my daughter by pushing it, and being honest with her pediatrician. I don't know how B&M can really believe Ollie is "advanced" after spending time with Macey Gaines. Either their pediatrician isn't asking, (mine didn't-- I had to bring it up) or they're lying.
As far as the translation of Ollie's speech goes, I don't think that person doing it is making fun of _him_. More Missy for her rant about him being "advanced".

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
sparklyfluff
Informer
Informer

Unread post by sparklyfluff »

zipadeedodah wrote:I wouldn't say I'm uncomfortable with them making fun of Ollie's speech. But as a mother to a kid who actually has a slight speech delay with her expressive language, reading the comments about Ollie makes me wonder if her delay is my fault. I've learned to just brush it off, though, and just keep scrolling.
It won't be, my second daughter was delayed then later turned out to have glue ear so the likely problem was she couldn't hear us very well. She makes up for it now at 11 though trust me! The problem I think a lot of us have with Missy though is that she claims he's advanced, so clearly ignoring any issue he may have, and therefore not even thinking about getting help for him.

Calling him ugly/mentally disabled/serial killer is people taking things way too far though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hannahbanana
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by hannahbanana »

I was watching some of their blogs (haven't watched them in awhile), but what are some posters calling Ollie, Odin? It's so annoying when people make up nicknames and overuse it. I haven't even heard it on any of the vlogs...
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

hannahbanana wrote:I was watching some of their blogs (haven't watched them in awhile), but what are some posters calling Ollie, Odin? It's so annoying when people make up nicknames and overuse it. I haven't even heard it on any of the vlogs...
It's because that's (supposedly) how Ollie pronounces his name, with a -din or -den sound at the end of his words. Dogden, Karden, Odin, etc.
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
liz749
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by liz749 »

We get it people, you'd never eat a chicken if you owned one for a pet and you'd totally get a housekeeper if you could afford one....NO ONE CARES! There should be an off topic DB thread lol so everyone can go share their personal stories and opinions on random things else where! It's fine to get off topic to an extent, especially if the topic is relatable, interesting, or at least gives us valuable insight to something the bumps are doing...but we don't need 5 pages where every single poster shares a personal story or says what they'd do in a situation! I get the bumps aren't super interesting and there's less and less to talk about every day but it's actually kind of nice when that thread is not moving a million miles an hour!

Ugh lol rant over

cats-or-die
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

liz749 wrote:We get it people, you'd never eat a chicken if you owned one for a pet and you'd totally get a housekeeper if you could afford one....NO ONE CARES! There should be an off topic DB thread lol so everyone can go share their personal stories and opinions on random things else where! It's fine to get off topic to an extent, especially if the topic is relatable, interesting, or at least gives us valuable insight to something the bumps are doing...but we don't need 5 pages where every single poster shares a personal story or says what they'd do in a situation! I get the bumps aren't super interesting and there's less and less to talk about every day but it's actually kind of nice when that thread is not moving a million miles an hour!

Ugh lol rant over Image

Wait, would you eat a pet chicken? Do you have chickens? Are you vegan? What about dogs would you eat dogs? Tell me all about YOU.
Image totally agree. The thread is so annoying right now.

PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Daily Bumps Thread Participants

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

People going on about favoritism as if they really think Bryan and Missy don't love Finn. Dear god. I can't believe so many adults, with multiple children think that it's possible Missy doesn't love her child.

Another thing I see mentioned a lot is when people bring up the fact Missy made Ollie's food... people, that was for a hot second! Just like the green smoothies. People talk as if his first year of life was much healthier than Finn's. No. not by that much at all.

ETA: I could just have posted this on DB's thread, but omg I can't handle most of the comments without rolling my eyes that I have started scrolling by nearly everything.

Return to “Boxing Ring”