Do you have a cleaning schedule/routine?

Shameless
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Do you have a cleaning schedule/routine?

Unread post by Shameless »

Hi guys, just wondering how many of you have a cleaning schedule/routine and whether or not you manage to stick to it.

I ask this because I find myself to be incredibly lazy a lot of the time. What can I say, I just love to sit on my ass lol.

I find I am fine doing the necessary every day tasks such as laundry, loading/unloading the dishwasher, cooking, cleaning the kitchen, etc. but I struggle with the bigger tasks such as vacuuming, mopping, cleaning the bathroom etc.

So what is your routine and do you stick to it?

I know a lot of people do the one-room-per-day thing but I just find that to be really pointless for me personally and I would rather clean the whole house in one day. Perhaps this is where my problem lies.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Do you have a cleaning schedule/routine?

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

I have the saaaaaame problem :lol:

Daily:
-dishes in dishwasher (runs overnight while we're sleeping)
-sweep downstairs floors
-clean kitchen countertops
-clean stove top
-make bed

Weekly:
-laundry (2x/week, Monday and Thursday)
-dusting (1x/week, Wednesday)
-mopping (1x/week, Friday)
-wheel out town trash can (1x/week, Wednesday night or Thursday morning before 10am)
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
FLOSSY77

Unread post by FLOSSY77 »

I just keep up with the daily stuff and do a deep clean Monday and Friday. Kids have a couple of chores during the week. I don't do weekend cleaning besides the normal upkeep. We have different laundry days for the kids. My husbands stuff goes to the cleaners on Mondays. DONE .
Farrus
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Farrus »

For a long time I tried to use different methods for cleaning, but I realized that they all aren't very suitable for me. I know that first of all I start by putting all things in their places so that nothing is lying on a chair or floor. Then I have my quick cleaning plan (twice a week) and the big cleaning plan (once a week and a half). I’m always looking for ways to clean faster and put less effort into it, for example, here bestcleaneradviser.com I found useful tips on how to wash windows easily and without removing the glass from the windows. I often read such lifehacks on the Internet and try to use these tips in my cleaning. As a result, my little cleaning takes more than an hour, a large cleaning takes 3 hours. This is provided that I wash the dishes after each meal, wipe the bathroom and do all those household chores that don't take more than 5 minutes immediately.

Return to “Life”