BritneyandBaby: KFC Lips & Target Trips - Part 20

ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: BritneyandBaby: KFC Lips & Target Trips - Part 20

Unread post by ohaudrey »

thanks guys- I think climbing to the third row to buckle sounds like a pain but I also don't really understand the utility of third row SUVS. Does she have a pilot or?
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Also if y'all are talking about spending $$$$ unnecessarily- if she switched out bulkier convertible car seats for dionos she likey didn't find buyers for them (used car seats are a big no-no) and dionos are quite expensive- upwards of $500 for the pair. Why do that if you have a third row?
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

ohaudrey wrote:thanks guys- I think climbing to the third row to buckle sounds like a pain but I also don't really understand the utility of third row SUVS. Does she have a pilot or?
We want to get a pilot for the third row because I'm pregnant with baby #2 and we always have my niece and sister with us. So for us it's necessary. For Brit idk why she insisted on a third row when she hasn't even used it once.
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Blackswan wrote:
ohaudrey wrote:thanks guys- I think climbing to the third row to buckle sounds like a pain but I also don't really understand the utility of third row SUVS. Does she have a pilot or?
We want to get a pilot for the third row because I'm pregnant with baby #2 and we always have my niece and sister with us. So for us it's necessary. For Brit idk why she insisted on a third row when she hasn't even used it once.
She prob realized what a pain it is to get back there after having it. In theory it's great, in practice it's not for kids in car seats (that can't strap themselves in/out). And how with a third row in the pilot there's zero trunk space.
exracer
Informer
Informer

Unread post by exracer »

dazzled wrote:
exracer wrote:
dazzled wrote:I don't get what she needs the bassinet for, either, if she's planning on co-sleeping with behbeh gurl. If she didn't have the bassinet and would move the diaper utility cart thing somewhere else, she'd probably have enough space for a king size bed—which would make a lot more sense if she co-sleeps, since she didn't use the co-sleeper with Nolan, so she probably won't use the bassinet, either.
Co-sleeping doesn't always mean bed sharing. We co-slept, with our babies in the same room and then eventually in bed, but not as newborns. We had various set ups and bassinets, even side-carred the crib up to our bed for awhile. I am guessing that she'll use the bassinet for a few months, then eventually move the baby into bed with them.

I'm not going to lie, I like that bassinet. It does look really convenient because it's so adjustable and swivels.
I know what co-sleeping means. That's why I added the last sentence.

She also said she is going to put the DockATot, which is for babies 0-8 months, in the bed to do safe co-sleeping, so...
Ah, fair enough. I don't think I watched the Dock-A-Tot video. She sure likes to spend and justify her reasons for "needing" everything.

I think Britney will definitely want a new place, but I'm hoping Ean puts his foot down and calls her out on the fact that this kid won't need its own room for years. And I'm all for kids sharing rooms, I don't think there's anything wrong with that, especially when they're younger. I think it would be smart to wait until Nolan is a bit bigger and they need to make accommodations for him, and then find a place that works for him. The girls could share a room, but he's going to need ramps and accessibility. A one story house would be ideal for their situation.
sofreakingnotok
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sofreakingnotok »

Christmas was literally a week and a half ago, the kids got a pile of presents. Why do her they need more toys already? Have they even managed to play with all of the new Christmas toys? :roll:
future_wifey
Talker
Talker

Unread post by future_wifey »

sofreakingnotok wrote:Christmas was literally a week and a half ago, the kids got a pile of presents. Why do her they need more toys already? Have they even managed to play with all of the new Christmas toys? :roll:
I personally would have Waited to bring them to use their gift cards in a few months when they started begging for new toys again! But maybe Aria was begging to go to toys r us to use the gift card and that's why they brought them. I just wouldn't have kept bringing it up with her and I probably would have said that we should wait until after she plays with all of her toys from santa, but to each his own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
imapumkinseed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by imapumkinseed »

Did they get the toys r us gift cards for Christmas? I didn't watch that video but it's pretty strange to say you'd take it and spend it on clothes or wait a few months if the gift card was a present from someone else... my kids' grandpa sends cash for Christmas and they know it's theirs. We go to the toy store immediately even though they do get tons of toys at Christmas. It wouldn't be fair to use it on clothes or something they don't even care about, that's not a gift for them, it's a gift for me lol.

Family who send cash or gift cards usually expect a call or thank you card after Christmas letting them know what the kids picked and thanking them for the gift. At least that how I've always seen it.
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

My parents always let me pick out my gifts when I got sent cash and never influenced my decision because they knew it was mine. They realized it was a "good" idea wen I decided to spend half of it on a gift for my brother as well for us to share. She spent all my bat mitzva money on the party itself though. Other than that she saved it for when I wanted something. I would probably let them get something and if there's anything left over straight to the future fund it goes.
future_wifey
Talker
Talker

imapumkinseed wrote:Did they get the toys r us gift cards for Christmas? I didn't watch that video but it's pretty strange to say you'd take it and spend it on clothes or wait a few months if the gift card was a present from someone else... my kids' grandpa sends cash for Christmas and they know it's theirs. We go to the toy store immediately even though they do get tons of toys at Christmas. It wouldn't be fair to use it on clothes or something they don't even care about, that's not a gift for them, it's a gift for me lol.

Family who send cash or gift cards usually expect a call or thank you card after Christmas letting them know what the kids picked and thanking them for the gift. At least that how I've always seen it.
When I got money or gift cards from other people my mom always would encourage me to save it. I'm not saying don't spend it, but the idea that you have to spend money the second you get it is what gets a lot of people in trouble haha. And I never think it's too young to promote good spending/saving habits! But that's my person opinion :)

imapumkinseed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by imapumkinseed »

Generally I agree about teaching kids to save, and I do encourage that when they earn money or get allowance, etc. But when long distance family sends gift cards or money rather than shipping a big gift (also so that the kids can pick what they like) they usually mean for it to be used and enjoyed at that holiday, not saved. Money given to older kids (like bat mitzvah or birthday money as a teen) is different IMO, because the money IS the present. Little kids can't appreciate it the same way. Again just my experience with long distance relatives letting my kids pick their own gifts.
future_wifey
Talker
Talker

Yeah I totally understand that! You are right that they probably meant for it to be enjoyed during the holiday. And I don't have a lot of extended family, so I can't say I've had the same experience! Lol.

WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

Blackswan wrote:And why is Aria in the middle one? Why not put her on the outter one? It would make more sense since Aria goes to school and will be in and out of the car.
because it would be impossible to get the infant bucket seat into the middle with two car seats on either side.
Kitina13
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kitina13 »

Blackswan wrote:
We got a pilot when I was pregnant with baby number two and although I love the car, I wish I had gotten captains seats. The third row is nearly useless for us because of the two car seats in the second row. when we have guests visiting they would rather take their own car and follow us rather than climb and cram in the back. There's no option to put a seat in the middle either because the seatbelt comes from above. Anyway this has nothing to do with Britney and you may have already known these things but thought I'd comment anyway.
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

I got curious and kinda bored and went back to the thread where the girl gave away Britney's address and Britney came out here herself to just see what was going on.this happened in July I clicked on her profile and she was active a few weeks ago so just another reason to know she reads here but maybe it's not as often as we think.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

That's still pretty recent tho lol

Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

Kitina13 wrote:
Blackswan wrote:
We got a pilot when I was pregnant with baby number two and although I love the car, I wish I had gotten captains seats. The third row is nearly useless for us because of the two car seats in the second row. when we have guests visiting they would rather take their own car and follow us rather than climb and cram in the back. There's no option to put a seat in the middle either because the seatbelt comes from above. Anyway this has nothing to do with Britney and you may have already known these things but thought I'd comment anyway.
Hmmm that gives me something to think about. My niece is 9 and sister is 20 so they wouldn't care climbing in and out but it does sound really inconvenient nonetheless :| that sucks cuz I love the 2015 model.
Mamafirst
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mamafirst »

smom12 wrote:
Kryptonite wrote:
WheresMyCoffee wrote:LOVE the name of this thread. Probably one of my favorites|!
Mine, too!

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Yay I did a home run!!!! Lol

Definitely, I laughed my ass off when I read it! Image

Upallnight
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Upallnight »

blackroses wrote:I got curious and kinda bored and went back to the thread where the girl gave away Britney's address and Britney came out here herself to just see what was going on.this happened in July I clicked on her profile and she was active a few weeks ago so just another reason to know she reads here but maybe it's not as often as we think.
Or she's just not logged in when she's here.

future_wifey
Talker
Talker

Upallnight wrote:
blackroses wrote:I got curious and kinda bored and went back to the thread where the girl gave away Britney's address and Britney came out here herself to just see what was going on.this happened in July I clicked on her profile and she was active a few weeks ago so just another reason to know she reads here but maybe it's not as often as we think.
Or she's just not logged in when she's here.

True, but why would she log in some times and not other times if she doesn't comment? I mean I definitely think it looks like she reads here, but it's just a thought.

Return to “Britneyandbaby”