Ellie and Jared: Views as low as Ellie's Iron PART 42

endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Ellie and Jared: Views as low as Ellie's Iron PART 42

Post by endof » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:42 pm

Ducklings4 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:35 am
endof wrote:Though I am not a fan of grandpa Griff either, because of the home videos roughhousing baby Julie, does anyone know why he does his woodsy manly thing,shooting guns four wheelers etc more with his son in laws rather than his own son!
I think Beau has a real life job and Jared and Joel do not. You don’t see Kevin out there either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t see Kevin participating in anything much with them not even conversation and I doubt it has to do with he has a job I think a phd professor sees nothing knowledgeable in their actions and may possibly find them immature just a thought! Kevin has nothing in common with them and I appreciate him for not following the pack and standing out!
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by endof » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:43 pm

ba1006 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:04 pm
Ducklings4 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:35 am
endof wrote:Though I am not a fan of grandpa Griff either, because of the home videos roughhousing baby Julie, does anyone know why he does his woodsy manly thing,shooting guns four wheelers etc more with his son in laws rather than his own son!
I think Beau has a real life job and Jared and Joel do not. You don’t see Kevin out there either.

Pretty sure I saw Beau with them this time
Oh he does ho sometimes but it is more often Joelyne and Jaredine!
silverrain
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0

Post by silverrain » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:55 pm

They have to be making decent money though to qualify for the loan on the new property. That or they paid cash, which again would mean they’re making decent money. If they got a loan they would have to prove their debt to income ratio could support it so they can’t be living off credit and racking up debt.
I think they’re spending more then they should considering the possibility that Youtube could end at any point but I do think for the most part they’re spending what they earn without a ton of debt (or savings) building up.
[/quote]

I don't think E&J are on the actual loan since just Joel was able to put the property under escrow by himself without consulting E&J first. They probably have a verbal agreement that E&J pay half. I can believe Joel and Bonnie have enough money from YT to afford a half a million dollar loan since their own house is so small probably paid off, plus they have more viewers. There is pretty much no way E&J would qualify with their debt to income ratio with their home and Tesla and their viewers so rapidly declining.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by FakingIt_MakingIt » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:01 pm

silverrain wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:55 pm
They have to be making decent money though to qualify for the loan on the new property. That or they paid cash, which again would mean they’re making decent money. If they got a loan they would have to prove their debt to income ratio could support it so they can’t be living off credit and racking up debt.
I think they’re spending more then they should considering the possibility that Youtube could end at any point but I do think for the most part they’re spending what they earn without a ton of debt (or savings) building up.
I don't think E&J are on the actual loan since just Joel was able to put the property under escrow by himself without consulting E&J first. They probably have a verbal agreement that E&J pay half. I can believe Joel and Bonnie have enough money from YT to afford a half a million dollar loan since their own house is so small probably paid off, plus they have more viewers. There is pretty much no way E&J would qualify with their debt to income ratio with their home and Tesla and their viewers so rapidly declining.
[/quote]

Maybe. But Bonnie was supposedly surprised too so I think the offer Joel made on his own was in no way official.
gopedjane
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gopedjane » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:53 pm

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
silverrain wrote:

Maybe. But Bonnie was supposedly surprised too so I think the offer Joel made on his own was in no way official.[/quote]

You only need to make 50 a year to get approved for a 250 mortgage. They make well above that. I don’t find the land that expensive but that much land where I live would be much much more. It really depends on how much they own on their current home or if it’s all paid for. I think they invested too much money into their current home because they won’t see a return on their investment and will lose a lot of money. That kind of investment should be towards your forever home (which we know Ellie convinced Jared it was). Still if they were to sell it, would likely have enough to build a new home or a large portion of the funds they need to build a new home on the land and all of the utilities they need to put in.

The issue like others have said is that this money if they don’t make the right career moves will dry up and they should be saving more for their retirement and kids education. I don’t find they buying this land as big as a deal as Ellie buying 2x a $600 pair of shoes and a $1700 seminar. Those purchases pile up fast and drain bank accounts and max credit cards.

Kylieloulou
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Kylieloulou » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:04 pm

silverrain wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:09 pm
If their interior designer's website for their house was correct and they actually did spend $750,000 to 1,000,000 on their house they must be severely underwater on it. They would probably be lucky to get $550k for it in their area. Their views are sinking, and they literally can not move out of their house which must have an enormous house payment. Plus the Tesla, and now the land. What are they thinking?
Just being familiar with the valley here there is no way that estimate the interior designer gave was accurate. In 2016 they would have paid for a house in that size in the 450-550K range (which would include the price of the land). At least that was the range new builds were going for at the time. I think the interior designer threw out that number because that's the target price range she wants her clients to be in to afford her services.
chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by chloe6124 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:08 pm

They say typically for every. 70k you make you can get approved for 300k in mortgage. Now that can differ if there are any debts.

I don’t think there house is in the million dollar range. I think the above poster is right. It’s more in the 550k range.

ba1006
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ba1006 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:14 pm

silverrain wrote:
[/quote]

If you watch Ellie and Jared's podcast, Jared admitted that he and Joel put an offer in on the property together. He said that the wives didn't know so the whole Joel did it on his own was a lie.
Kylieloulou
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Kylieloulou » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:17 pm

silverrain wrote:

The parcels post purchase were in the Hoellein name but since look like they've been moved into a trust with a generic name that doesn't disclose their last names. I believe to do that you can't have a loan on the parcel so they must have paid cash. How they divided up ownership is anyone's guess but looks like its part of a trust now. That could get interesting if one of them were to die and remarry. Probably why they were getting their will set up.
HelloSweetie
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by HelloSweetie » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:25 pm

Kylieloulou wrote: The parcels post purchase were in the Hoellein name but since look like they've been moved into a trust with a generic name that doesn't disclose their last names. I believe to do that you can't have a loan on the parcel so they must have paid cash. How they divided up ownership is anyone's guess but looks like its part of a trust now. That could get interesting if one of them were to die and remarry. Probably why they were getting their will set up.
They didn’t have to pay cash necessarily. They could have opened a trust account and put cash into it from their own individual loans. This trust could have been opened in any name. As co-owners of Bollie, they should be familiar with trust accounts since it makes money more easy to pay out to family to avoid higher taxes.

They could have saved up half a million to pay cash, but I find this very unlikely given how high their spending habits have also been. I think people grossly overestimate how far “that much money” can go.

silverrain
Amateur
Amateur

Post by silverrain » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:39 pm

chloe6124 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:08 pm
They say typically for every. 70k you make you can get approved for 300k in mortgage. Now that can differ if there are any debts.

I don’t think there house is in the million dollar range. I think the above poster is right. It’s more in the 550k range.

Goodness, I thought the general rule of thumb was 2.5x your annual gross income. I couldn't imagine trying to afford a 300k house on a 70k income even without debt.

I think their interior designer was probably estimating the entire project, including their ridiculous 50k backyard and the 10k basement couch. When they built their house they were at the top of their game. Their at less than 1/4 of the monthly viewers they had at the time, so I bet they're regretting alot of those purchases now.
gopedjane
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gopedjane » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:25 pm

silverrain wrote:
chloe6124 wrote:

Goodness, I thought the general rule of thumb was 2.5x your annual gross income. I couldn't imagine trying to afford a 300k house on a 70k income even without debt.

I think their interior designer was probably estimating the entire project, including their ridiculous 50k backyard and the 10k basement couch. When they built their house they were at the top of their game. Their at less than 1/4 of the monthly viewers they had at the time, so I bet they're regretting alot of those purchases now.
I think the landscaping was much more than 50k.

Kylieloulou
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Kylieloulou » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:31 pm

HelloSweetie wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:25 pm
Kylieloulou wrote: The parcels post purchase were in the Hoellein name but since look like they've been moved into a trust with a generic name that doesn't disclose their last names. I believe to do that you can't have a loan on the parcel so they must have paid cash. How they divided up ownership is anyone's guess but looks like its part of a trust now. That could get interesting if one of them were to die and remarry. Probably why they were getting their will set up.
They didn’t have to pay cash necessarily. They could have opened a trust account and put cash into it from their own individual loans. This trust could have been opened in any name. As co-owners of Bollie, they should be familiar with trust accounts since it makes money more easy to pay out to family to avoid higher taxes.

They could have saved up half a million to pay cash, but I find this very unlikely given how high their spending habits have also been. I think people grossly overestimate how far “that much money” can go.

Interesting to hear about. I admit I know extremely little about trusts and I'm sure that's a topic that can get complicated. If you divide $480K into three parcels that's about $160K something for an approx seventeen acre parcel. Its crazy that they got that price for that kind of acreage. I live 10 minutes from the town E&J are in. If you want something close to town here, where the university is the going rate for a ready-to-build lot is about $100K for a third acre parcel five minutes from town... maybe up to $160K if you want closer to a full acre with a flat lot five or ten minutes from town. Those parcels they purchased are REALLY far out and the price reflects that. I can't imagine having a forty or fifty minute round trip drive ahead of me if my kids wanted to attend gymnastics class or sports in town. It would be awesome land for retirement but not my idea of fun now that I have school age kids.
HelloSweetie
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by HelloSweetie » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:50 pm

gopedjane wrote:
silverrain wrote:
chloe6124 wrote:

I think the landscaping was much more than 50k.

I was going to post the same thing. The excavating, levelling, landscaping, fence, playground/hobbit hole creation, etc would have easily cost more than $50k since they hired a crew to do all of it and weren’t able to do any of the work themselves.

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by onbreak » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:47 pm

The sisters launched bollie last year. They get property this year.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by FakingIt_MakingIt » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:29 pm

onbreak wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:47 pm

Well, they are hugely upselling their China made items 😂 ... seriously though, why they claim Bollie made the purchase posssible I don’t understand.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by onbreak » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:55 pm

Bollie Brand was a million dollar gamble.
Im all for buying property. God's not going to make anymore dirt......

ba1006
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ba1006 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:44 am

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:29 pm
onbreak wrote:

Well, they are hugely upselling their China made items 😂 ... seriously though, why they claim Bollie made the purchase posssible I don’t understand.
I really don't understand why anyone would buy those overpriced cheaply made "custom" products they sell. I thought it was mostly young people who watch them but I guess not. I wonder if they will start selling children's clothing.
mariaamzmt
Amateur
Amateur

Post by mariaamzmt » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:07 am

ba1006 wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
onbreak wrote:

Well, they are hugely upselling their China made items Image ... seriously though, why they claim Bollie made the purchase posssible I don’t understand.
I really don't understand why anyone would buy those overpriced cheaply made "custom" products they sell. I thought it was mostly young people who watch them but I guess not. I wonder if they will start selling children's clothing.
To be honest, I think that’s what they should of done if you wanted to sell clothing. With all the kids in their family they have a wide selection of sizes and opinions from children of different ages. Plus Utah is full of large family households.

They sell things that ONLY THEY like so they don’t have much of a range of different styles.

They really messed up. I guess they can still do it in the future, but it would’ve been better if they done it from the beginning.. they would of made better bank.

True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by 131618 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:52 am

ba1006 wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
onbreak wrote:

Well, they are hugely upselling their China made items Image ... seriously though, why they claim Bollie made the purchase posssible I don’t understand.
I know. I'm shocked that are selling as much as they are. When they first revealed it I was sort of intrigued by the robe but #1 after the description/honest reviews I'm glad I didn't but #2 I'm not a person who casually drops $60-100 on a clothing item. I think 90% of their sales are due to internet fame. Everybody who is obsessed with them wants a "token"

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by endof » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:33 am

onbreak wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:55 pm
Bollie Brand was a million dollar gamble.
Im all for buying property. God's not going to make anymore dirt......

True! Me too! Not off the tears and psychological damage of my kids!
me_too926
Amateur
Amateur

Post by me_too926 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:57 am

OK why is Ellie suddenly trying to be a big make-up Volgger, I know she did that a LONG time ago, but she was never good at it. And her style and make-up is never good now. So why is she spending hundreds of dollars to go to a make-up seminar and suddenly posting make-up videos for Bollie... i think she is trying to get into the make-up scene to either advance their YouTube more or to get more free stuff.
HelloSweetie
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by HelloSweetie » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:10 am

me_too926 wrote:OK why is Ellie suddenly trying to be a big make-up Volgger, I know she did that a LONG time ago, but she was never good at it. And her style and make-up is never good now. So why is she spending hundreds of dollars to go to a make-up seminar and suddenly posting make-up videos for Bollie... i think she is trying to get into the make-up scene to either advance their YouTube more or to get more free stuff.
I think it’s just to be able to justify buying all the products she does, and writing them off for tax purposes.

HelloSweetie
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by HelloSweetie » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:18 am

Changing her personal channel to Bollie was also a mistake. Most people are unsubscribing in large numbers. There was a time when she was making almost $100k on her channel alone. Shoving Bollie down the throats of those who were looking for the beauty tutorials and “sit down” videos was a bad idea. I think she’s trying to get those people back because without them, they don’t have anyone to sell Bollie too.

Sure they are making money from Bollie, but they are making far less from their channels and alienating viewers. This will sink Bollie eventually. Bollie only sells because it’s basically their merch.

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201902 ... ce06fe.jpg[/IMG]

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by FakingIt_MakingIt » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:25 am

me_too926 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:57 am
OK why is Ellie suddenly trying to be a big make-up Volgger, I know she did that a LONG time ago, but she was never good at it. And her style and make-up is never good now. So why is she spending hundreds of dollars to go to a make-up seminar and suddenly posting make-up videos for Bollie... i think she is trying to get into the make-up scene to either advance their YouTube more or to get more free stuff.
Maybe it was part of the deal when they cut back on daily vlogging? Jared had to know skipping weeekends would result in fewer videos which would result in less money. Maybe she agreed once Tommy was born and the family settled that she would post more to make up the difference?

Return to “Ellie and Jared”