Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J: Treating Our Anxiety With Self Care & Destination Travel | Part 124

Unread post by Vincere »

https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/stylebyellie
Congratulations on the milestone of 7 consecutive days of losing subscribers!
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

Will viewers notice or care that comments were on for this one, but turned off on the one that turned out to be controversial for them? Will they notice that only positive ones are making it? Personally the fact that there is only 48 comments looks bad for them and it probably would be better to just leave them turned off.

Yep, the negative slide of subscribers continue!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

E+J: Treating Our Anxiety With Self Care & Destination Travel | Part 124

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201906 ... 04b5b4.jpg[/IMG]

Their designers are just sucking up. I’m sure Ellie is one of the smaller clients, but prob not the smallest. I find that hard to believe.

Also “It’s so hard thinking” Image

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201906 ... 432484.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

HelloSweetie wrote:[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201906 ... 04b5b4.jpg[/IMG]

Their designers are just sucking up. I’m sure Ellie is one of the smaller clients, but prob not the smallest. I find that hard to believe.

I took it that their business was the smallest. Not the Ellie.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Ducklings4 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201906 ... 04b5b4.jpg[/IMG]

I took it that their business was the smallest. Not the Ellie.

Oh my apologies.

This info still shouldn’t be exciting. It means they are paying more than they can probably afford.

Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

I think that they are trying to imply that their next collection would be something that celebrities would wear.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

Imagine having it all and throw it away like that because your entitled. I wonder if they ever reflect and think about where it went wrong. It could help them reconnect with their audience.
I actually don't think that their vlogs are that horrible, I just don't like watching them. I even prefer them over Bonnie who used to be the fave of all the Griffiths sisters but something is different with her vlogs, like she's not convincing anymore and I can't how mean she is to her children.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I didn't watch yesterdays vlog with the $1000 challenge, and I wont be watching todays either. Why are they sharing old footage from their trip? And making sure to mention Daily Bumps in the title? I think its safe to say that Jared is worried about their views/income.
Today's video just seems SOOOOO desperate.
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:22 am I didn't watch yesterdays vlog with the $1000 challenge, and I wont be watching todays either. Why are they sharing old footage from their trip? And making sure to mention Daily Bumps in the title? I think its safe to say that Jared is worried about their views/income.
Today's video just seems SOOOOO desperate.
I clicked briefly and it's starts out with Jackson with the go pro and I said nope, not watching this one! I think after getting with DB, E and J decided they would start doing vlogs like them. IMO that's called be tone deaf to your viewers!! They commented loudly to E and J last year that if they started doing vlogs like DB they would quit watching. Plus the vlogs with them on the beach didn't boost their views.

They need to be worried-they are in the negative again today at this point. I checked Bonnie's deal on social blade-she is up 4,763 subscribers for the month and E and J are down -654 for the month.
Liz_444
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Liz_444 »

If you don't want to give them a view, you can watch it here: https://invidio.us/watch?v=rBloSbklrEk
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Okay, comments are disabled on this vlog. Must have been a lot of negatives again. Just leave comments off on all vlogs. This looks a lot worse on them.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Does denial really run that deep? I feel like they are either intentionally sabotaging the channel, or are genuinely confused about the falling subs and keep going back to the old “let’s try another DB vlog” fallback and keep expecting to see different results. Is this possible?

Or I really wonder if the slow unsubscribing looks bad for the channel and if Jared isn’t tenting to get all the older subs to do it all at once so they can hopefully get it over with and start picking up a younger audience?

We now know the delay isn’t to help Jared edit. He should have had this vlog done days ago to run them all in order. Skipping days abs jumping around looks really lazy and unprofessional.

gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

HelloSweetie wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:46 am Does denial really run that deep? I feel like they are either intentionally sabotaging the channel, or are genuinely confused about the falling subs and keep going back to the old “let’s try another DB vlog” fallback and keep expecting to see different results. Is this possible?

Or I really wonder if the slow unsubscribing looks bad for the channel and if Jared isn’t tenting to get all the older subs to do it all at once so they can hopefully get it over with and start picking up a younger audience?

We now know the delay isn’t to help Jared edit. He should have had this vlog done days ago to run them all in order. Skipping days abs jumping around looks really lazy and unprofessional.

I think you're right, that they are just trying to dump their adult audience as fast as they can so they can attempt to build a new much younger audience. My question then, is why are they continuing with Bollie? All of their marketing is to their audience.

I would argue that the denial does run deep with them as well as the lack of any kind of analysis of their customers and market research.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

HelloSweetie wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:46 am Does denial really run that deep? I feel like they are either intentionally sabotaging the channel, or are genuinely confused about the falling subs and keep going back to the old “let’s try another DB vlog” fallback and keep expecting to see different results. Is this possible?

I haven't seen a channel succeed when they change to try to attract younger viewers. It is a huge gamble. They also communicate poorly with their viewers and this is destroying their channel. One thing Clintus TV did was he told his viewers the what and why he tried new things like challenges etc. It made a difference with retaining his established viewers who stuck by him and eventually he went back to his old style of vlogging. He also didn't delay vlogs, skip days and looks far from lazy with the time he puts in trying to grow his Twitch channel.
silverrain
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by silverrain »

I'm confused about why they are trying to change their channel direction again, after how poorly it went last time. They will never be DB. DB at least had a mixture of both a child and adult audience when they decided to direct their attention towards the younger crowd. E&J's child audience is probably non-exsistent because the attention is always on Ellie. They would honestly be better off trying to start a new channel than using their main channel at a poor attempt to become DB. It seems like all family vloggers are going downhill as a whole. I don't see E&J ever recovering, this is just the beginning of the end for them. I just really hope they put money back for Jackson and Calvin's education.
LilaRose
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LilaRose »

I'm recovering from surgery and will be having the next surgery next week, so I have too much time to watch youtube videos :)

Yesterday youtube recommended me the following video which seems to be Cullen's podcast "don't tell your mom". This episode he filmed during the DBEJCK Vacation so it was Cullen, Katie, Bryan, Missy, Ellie and Jared. I watched it not because they were talking about interesting things (they actually weren't at all, just listening to it without the video would have put me to sleep), but because I wanted to watch Ellie and Ellie&Jared interacting in an environment where they don't actively film by themselves. Trying to watch Ellie without any antipathy or whatever, just from a neutral standpoint. And seriously, she looked pretty sick. She's very skinny again, her face looked pale, greyish and sunken in. She was socially awkward as well and didn't really seem to be part of the rest of the group. To me she looked like a deathly ill teenager among a group of lively adults. I don't know, it actually worried me. She looks like she isn't in a good state at all and that she urgently needs help and possibly some dramatic life changes.

Edit: And yes I do blame Jared as well as her family for not seeing or ignoring what's going on and not pushing her to get some real help so she can be a happy person and a good mother again.

ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

LilaRose wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:21 am I'm recovering from surgery and will be having the next surgery next week, so I have too much time to watch youtube videos :)

Yesterday youtube recommended me the following video which seems to be Cullen's podcast "don't tell your mom". This episode he filmed during the DBEJCK Vacation so it was Cullen, Katie, Bryan, Missy, Ellie and Jared. I watched it not because they were talking about interesting things (they actually weren't at all, just listening to it without the video would have put me to sleep), but because I wanted to watch Ellie and Ellie&Jared interacting in an environment where they don't actively film by themselves. Trying to watch Ellie without any antipathy or whatever, just from a neutral standpoint. And seriously, she looked pretty sick. She's very skinny again, her face looked pale, greyish and sunken in. She was socially awkward as well and didn't really seem to be part of the rest of the group. To me she looked like a deathly ill teenager among a group of lively adults. I don't know, it actually worried me. She looks like she isn't in a good state at all and that she urgently needs help and possibly some dramatic life changes.

Edit: And yes I do blame Jared as well as her family for not seeing or ignoring what's going on and not pushing her to get some real help so she can be a happy person and a good mother again.

I watched that too. It looked like Ellie and Jared were huddled together as if they were afraid or something. It was very strange. They seemed like they had nothing in common with the others. Maybe Ellie missed her security blanket - Bonnie.
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

ba1006 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:01 am
LilaRose wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:21 am I'm recovering from surgery and will be having the next surgery next week, so I have too much time to watch youtube videos :)

I watched that too. It looked like Ellie and Jared were huddled together as if they were afraid or something. It was very strange. They seemed like they had nothing in common with the others. Maybe Ellie missed her security blanket - Bonnie.
I don't think she looks any worse than she normally does and I would say lack of nutrition will cause most of all of the issues she has. Ellie is also an adult and while the adults around her should speak up, she is ultimately responsible for herself and nutrition. I only watched like 5 minutes but there was Jared sitting there holding the mic nicely between them both that it would pick up either of them if they were to speak and Ellie kept pulling it out of his hand and at one point reemed it out of his had. She's just bitchy and wants it to be all about her. One of the vlogs from this trip Jared was over enthusiastically vlogging and Ellie the entire time sat with her back to the camera on her phone.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

gopedjane wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:03 am

I don't think she looks any worse than she normally does and I would say lack of nutrition will cause most of all of the issues she has. Ellie is also an adult and while the adults around her should speak up, she is ultimately responsible for herself and nutrition. I only watched like 5 minutes but there was Jared sitting there holding the mic nicely between them both that it would pick up either of them if they were to speak and Ellie kept pulling it out of his hand and at one point reemed it out of his had. She's just bitchy and wants it to be all about her. One of the vlogs from this trip Jared was over enthusiastically vlogging and Ellie the entire time sat with her back to the camera on her phone.

She doesn't look more sick than she usually does, she's just not wearing any make up. Bonnie looks the same without makeup, it's either the food and nutrition or genetics because I think that Ruby and some of her children have the same issue.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Namm wrote:
gopedjane wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:03 am

She doesn't look more sick than she usually does, she's just not wearing any make up. Bonnie looks the same without makeup, it's either the food and nutrition or genetics because I think that Ruby and some of her children have the same issue.
Why would they pick that as a thumbnail? "We're screeching again! Click on the link!"
I think part of it is that Missy and Katie do look robust and healthy (relatively) and she looks worse next to them. I agree that the whole Griffiths clan in general looks sallow.
Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Return to “Ellie and Jared”