Ellie + Jared - Entitled Assholes Part #18

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ellie + Jared - Entitled Assholes Part #18

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Enchantedbybeautyy wrote:They're gifting in vitro to a subscriber? The way the video started out I thought they were announcing an adoption or something.
My gut physically churned when they called it a Contest. It's basically The Ellie & Jared Gameshow. Aka mainstream TV but on YouTube.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by minmouse »

I think it is very generous but it doesn't sit well with me either. Maybe its because E&J will pick the two finalists and god only knows what their criteria will be. I also think there could have been something that would benefit more of their viewers. They cater more to a younger crowd and I wonder how many of the 1 mil subs are going through IVF? I hate how they are calling it changing someone's life. Yes, that is a possibility yet it is only one cycle and it may not work. I wonder how they'll handle that? There is a possibility they will fund a cycle and have it fail. Whatever happens i hope they respect the winners privacy.
youvegottobekidding
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by youvegottobekidding »

As someone who has also battled years of infertility and has spent almost $100k on treatments, I would enter in a heartbeat if I hadn't already had my daughter. I don't care if they are doing this for the wrong reasons are ulterior motives. This is a great way to give back.

Someone mentioned the possibility of a same sex couple entering. That is a great point! I will be watching carefully to see if couples of all diversities are offered the opportunity to win. I will never watch again if it doesn't happen.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

New thread: http://ytmommadrama.com/viewtopic.php?f=217&t=10197

Hate to break it in the middle of what seems a heated discussion about their giveaway.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

That whole idea of having E&J pick the finalists and the viewers pick the winners bugs me. It should be random. I wouldn't want my chance at in vitro left up to a bunch of nine year olds who think E&J are goals. Yes, it is very generous, and I can't imagine how grateful the winners will be, but I still think they're winking at the camera saying "look how kind and generous we are! Take that, haters!"

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I agree that the couples that enter won't care about Ellie and Jared's motivations. They just want the grant and the chance to have a child. I totally get that. But I do feel creeped out as a byatander by the idea that they're dangling this "prize" in people's faces and using it as a publicity stunt to increase their subscribers and view count. It's not like winning a purse or any other giveaway. This is a $15, 000-$17,000 medical procedure that has the potential to give someone a child. I wish they had sponsored IVF for a needy couple in a way that didn't feel like a contest or a publicity stunt.
ellawski
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ellawski »

HelloSweetie wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I don't t know if it's just my personal experience factoring in, but this doesn't feel right to me. It's a nice thing to do, but I feel like there must have been a better way. Why not make a private donation to the clinic they went to? We don't need to see the people it will help. I also didn't like how much Ellie mentions traveling and how they had saved for this.... as she sat on her $10000 couch in her million dollar home.

Again, I hate to be the one to nitpick, and will say it's is nice and sure to change someone's life, I just don't think it's the best subscriber giveaway. I read the comments everyday and see people sharing their stories. E&J ignore those comments. This seems like a sneaky way to bring up their fertility struggle again, and bring in some new views by following the winner's fertility progress.
I personally wouldn't be comfortable hand picking the family that gets the grant and having to reject all the other applicants. It would break my heart to have people fill out an application and make a video and then have to tell them "no." There are going to be many dissapointed people. They're going out of their way to make this "gimmicky" to attract attention to themselves at the expense of the people who desperately want a child.
Exactly. Glad I'm not the only one that had a less than positive reaction. It feels like there's an agenda. This is the perfect way to make the attention, extra views (and self ass pats) last, while talking about how they are changing lives. It's one cycle. What if it fails? I'm glad they are doing something, but wish it was more out of their hands and less of a win-win for them. A true gift with no agenda. I might feel differently had they not turned their back on the IF community this whole time,, or it hadn't been at a time when their church is watching and tweeting about giving and using them as an example.

I also find it interesting that Ellie is donating then money we have to assume they had saved for themselves.

And regarding Cal graduating.... his neck does still look awful! I wonder if this is a matter of the PT only being able to take him so far if his parents aren't putting the work in?
This is exactly what I think. Agree 100%.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

I can't really comment on the "contest", I have too many personal feelings about it.

But here's what I want to comment on: WHY does Ellie actively avoid Calvin's PT appointments? I know it's been brought up again and again, but the past two times he's had an appointment, she's done pedicures instead, which is just SO strange to me. God it just irks me.
Emmalinelola1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Emmalinelola1 »

P

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “Ellie and Jared”