Ellie + Jared - Entitled Assholes Part #18

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ellie + Jared - Entitled Assholes Part #18

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I don't t know if it's just my personal experience factoring in, but this doesn't feel right to me. It's a nice thing to do, but I feel like there must have been a better way. Why not make a private donation to the clinic they went to? We don't need to see the people it will help. I also didn't like how much Ellie mentions traveling and how they had saved for this.... as she sat on her $10000 couch in her million dollar home.

Again, I hate to be the one to nitpick, and will say it's is nice and sure to change someone's life, I just don't think it's the best subscriber giveaway. I read the comments everyday and see people sharing their stories. E&J ignore those comments. This seems like a sneaky way to bring up their fertility struggle again, and bring in some new views by following the winner's fertility progress.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Also, Jared had a Tweet or IG that showed him on the phone with his dad. It looks like they have him doing marketing for them.
Metalheadmama666
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Metalheadmama666 »

I remember once upon a time. When everyone loved e+j.

Times have changed. I used to love watching this family daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hey girl hey007
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by hey girl hey007 »

I'm going to be honest. I cried...I also really want to enter...I wish everyone could win. My heart goes out to all the woman who want babies, and who really want this more than anything. I won't enter though. I know I won't win, I really hope someone deserving gets it. That's such a nice thing to do for their viewers.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

hey girl hey007 wrote:I'm going to be honest. I cried...I also really want to enter...I wish everyone could win. My heart goes out to all the woman who want babies, and who really want this more than anything. I won't enter though. I know I won't win, I really hope someone deserving gets it. That's such a nice thing to do for their viewers.
Did they say how the winner would be picked? I'd be shocked if the winner wasn't a picture perfect LDS couple.
Carolina
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Carolina »

This is an amazing gift, I think sharing the videos of everyone infertility stories is a good idea. Instead of content for nine year olds I will be able to relate to other couples with the same struggle my husband and I have been going through for ten years.

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

HelloSweetie wrote:I don't t know if it's just my personal experience factoring in, but this doesn't feel right to me. It's a nice thing to do, but I feel like there must have been a better way. Why not make a private donation to the clinic they went to? We don't need to see the people it will help. I also didn't like how much Ellie mentions traveling and how they had saved for this.... as she sat on her $10000 couch in her million dollar home.

Again, I hate to be the one to nitpick, and will say it's is nice and sure to change someone's life, I just don't think it's the best subscriber giveaway. I read the comments everyday and see people sharing their stories. E&J ignore those comments. This seems like a sneaky way to bring up their fertility struggle again, and bring in some new views by following the winner's fertility progress.
I personally wouldn't be comfortable hand picking the family that gets the grant and having to reject all the other applicants. It would break my heart to have people fill out an application and make a video and then have to tell them "no." There are going to be many dissapointed people. They're going out of their way to make this "gimmicky" to attract attention to themselves at the expense of the people who desperately want a child.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Correction: Ellie and Jared pick the "finalists" from the submitted applications and then let the viewers vote for the winner. Still feels very gimmicky and exploitative to me.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

HashtagBlessed wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I don't t know if it's just my personal experience factoring in, but this doesn't feel right to me. It's a nice thing to do, but I feel like there must have been a better way. Why not make a private donation to the clinic they went to? We don't need to see the people it will help. I also didn't like how much Ellie mentions traveling and how they had saved for this.... as she sat on her $10000 couch in her million dollar home.

I personally wouldn't be comfortable hand picking the family that gets the grant and having to reject all the other applicants. It would break my heart to have people fill out an application and make a video and then have to tell them "no." There are going to be many dissapointed people. They're going out of their way to make this "gimmicky" to attract attention to themselves at the expense of the people who desperately want a child.
Exactly. Glad I'm not the only one that had a less than positive reaction. It feels like there's an agenda. This is the perfect way to make the attention, extra views (and self ass pats) last, while talking about how they are changing lives. It's one cycle. What if it fails? I'm glad they are doing something, but wish it was more out of their hands and less of a win-win for them. A true gift with no agenda. I might feel differently had they not turned their back on the IF community this whole time,, or it hadn't been at a time when their church is watching and tweeting about giving and using them as an example.

I also find it interesting that Ellie is donating then money we have to assume they had saved for themselves.

And regarding Cal graduating.... his neck does still look awful! I wonder if this is a matter of the PT only being able to take him so far if his parents aren't putting the work in?
mountaingirl
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mountaingirl »

their contest seems like they are really proud of themselves, the entire time they were talking about it, they are so not genuine. plus i cant watch them anymore, she i just so weird, her and ruby's miranda sings lipstick bothers me and her horrible decor/color scheme just bugs me
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

Maybe there is an agenda, I don't know. I'm coming from a place where I've experienced the pain of years of infertility. If someone had offered to pay for treatment that I couldn't afford, even with an agenda, I wouldn't have cared. Just the chance at one cycle would be incredible for a couple that can't afford it.

It doesn't change my perception on how they parent or the kind of people that they are, but I personally can't criticize them for this.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

I'm side eyeing this majorly. My heart goes out to all of you that have personally struggled with infertility and I hope you are able to get your answers, treatments, etc.

But, I just have a hard time getting on board with this. I hope it goes to someone who really needs and wants it. I hope E&J have nothing to do with picking the winner though. I had to stop 1/2 way though the announcements. It all was a bunch of asspats to themselves and what a good person *GAG* Ellie is etc. I hope they prove me wrong, but I just am not liking this give away....
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

I couldn't keep watching their announcement, but please tell me this person that wins can have privacy etc. I am guessing that's part of winning is getting to be with them and share the journey. I hope I am wrong!!!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

workfromhomemom wrote:I couldn't keep watching their announcement, but please tell me this person that wins can have privacy etc. I am guessing that's part of winning is getting to be with them and share the journey. I hope I am wrong!!!
I hope they get privacy as well. Wanting to vlog the experience will give a strong preference to UT couples. Actually, if a couple from UT wins at all, it's probably going to look very shady.

Not to mention, the pressure that they will already be feeling going through the cycle will be hard enough without the added pressure from E&Js subs. What if the cycle wasn't a success? Or what if they had a loss? I think the privacy concern is going to be enough to keep some deserving couples from applying. E&J have said they keep medical things private now.... I hope the winner gets the same courtesy.
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

HelloSweetie wrote:
hey girl hey007 wrote:I'm going to be honest. I cried...I also really want to enter...I wish everyone could win. My heart goes out to all the woman who want babies, and who really want this more than anything. I won't enter though. I know I won't win, I really hope someone deserving gets it. That's such a nice thing to do for their viewers.
Did they say how the winner would be picked? I'd be shocked if the winner wasn't a picture perfect LDS couple.
Seriously though.. What if a lesbian couple enters.. Them being really religious, i dont think that would fly.. I dont see this going well..

Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

Were those even real tears? Why did this video seem so extremely fake? Like they were trying to hard to be so dramatic about their "journey".

Green Jello
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Green Jello »

I admittedly didn't watch the vlog but did they say if the winners get to choose which fertility clinic they want to go through? like if it is an out of state winner they will want to go through a clinic close to them. Or are they partnering with a Utah clinic and the winner has to go through that clinic?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Will they be able to deduct it since it's set up through a foundation?
perctpiper
Talker
Talker

Unread post by perctpiper »

Green Jello wrote:I admittedly didn't watch the vlog but did they say if the winners get to choose which fertility clinic they want to go through? like if it is an out of state winner they will want to go through a clinic close to them. Or are they partnering with a Utah clinic and the winner has to go through that clinic?

It is a grant they can use at any clinic. It's through a foundation that handles grants, which is why there is a third party involved. So, an out of state winner could go to any clinic in the US.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

perctpiper wrote:
Green Jello wrote:I admittedly didn't watch the vlog but did they say if the winners get to choose which fertility clinic they want to go through? like if it is an out of state winner they will want to go through a clinic close to them. Or are they partnering with a Utah clinic and the winner has to go through that clinic?

It is a grant they can use at any clinic. It's through a foundation that handles grants, which is why there is a third party involved. So, an out of state winner could go to any clinic in the US.
Not according to the website. This is a very small foundation that is just starting up. I wonder if this is a sneaky sponsorship for it? Sounds like you need to go to an approved clinic (Texas, UT, ID). There is no option to enter without being a subscriber and uploading a video with both partners in it. It's definitely not smelted at random like other grants. A list of the approved clinics is below as well as a link to the site. http://footstepsforfertility.org/about

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016120 ... c9d65d.png[/img]

Return to “Ellie and Jared”