Ellie + Jared - Entitled Assholes Part #18

OrangeMeow
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ellie + Jared - Entitled Assholes Part #18

Unread post by OrangeMeow »

HelloSweetie wrote:There appears to be a lot of newer posters on this board since the move. I'm curious to know, was it the move itself that changed your mind about E&J, or something else?
I've been reading more than commenting, but lately they're so ridiculous I want to comment on the board. I think the point that changed my mind on them was when they "generously donated" toys, however the toys had been given to them for free.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

OrangeMeow wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:There appears to be a lot of newer posters on this board since the move. I'm curious to know, was it the move itself that changed your mind about E&J, or something else?
I've been reading more than commenting, but lately they're so ridiculous I want to comment on the board. I think the point that changed my mind on them was when they "generously donated" toys, however the toys had been given to them for free.
You must have missed when they gave Ellie's mom and dad their old phones. They ass patted themselves hard that vlog.

If they are going to make a big deal of that, I think it's safe to say they aren't doing a bunch of other good deeds and just not vlogging it.
OrangeMeow
Talker
Talker

Unread post by OrangeMeow »

HelloSweetie wrote:
OrangeMeow wrote:
You must have missed when they gave Ellie's mom and dad their old phones. They ass patted themselves hard that vlog.

If they are going to make a big deal of that, I think it's safe to say they aren't doing a bunch of other good deeds and just not vlogging it.
Oh I did miss that! What a bunch of morons. Especially as people of faith, good deeds should be done and not bragged about.
Toffie89
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Toffie89 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
tnchk1187 wrote:
OrangeMeow wrote:Is today's vlog title click bait?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
No... she really seemed to lose Jackson. It wasn't discussed a ton but showed her after she found him a good distance from where she said she was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She was frantic and thought someone took him, yet she still stopped to turn the camera on first once she found him. Then gave him no lesson on staying with the group, just talked to the camera Image. He wasn't just a few feet away.... that was yards!
(Hope I'm doing the quoting right, it's my first time)

I actually don't think that this is a scenario where Jackson could have done something different. From what I got he stopped at the ice skating rink and Ellie missed it. He's just a young child living in his small world. He probably started day dreaming about ice-skating and all of a sudden Ellie and the group had moved on. This is all on Ellie. She should be thanking her lucky star that nothing happened to that sweet child! And perhaps implement a buddy system when out and about with all the cousins!

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
ljhighland1
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ljhighland1 »

Long time lurker for me, I've known they are rediculous for a long time Image

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
jclose93
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jclose93 »

Did anyone hear in the vlog today what Ellie said to Jackson as she was vlogging after she found him? She asked him if he wanted to go ice skating, he said "yeah" and then she proceeded to say that mommy and daddy are going to come back to the ice skating rink and get hot chocolate and go ice skating as a date. She made no mention of Jackson getting to do it so she basically flaunted the fact that she's going to get to do that and jackson isn't, right after he said he wanted to go ice skating and was obviously very intrigued by it. Please correct me if I misinterpreted what she said, don't think I did though. She's seriously unbelievable.

yoyo16
Informer
Informer

Unread post by yoyo16 »

I'm pretty sure that the giving back thing they're doing for the holidays is the "light the world" project their church is doing. Carlie and her husband made a video about it. I wonder if it's considered a sponsor or if they're doing it to promote the Mormon church and their beliefs.
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016120 ... 4431f4.png[/img]
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016120 ... 452910.png[/img]

mountaingirl
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mountaingirl »

amf2224 wrote:The highlight of the vlog today was when Ellie once again said "kids's" ......... Image when will she learn that's NOT a word!!! I can't even type it out before auto correct corrects it!

she knows, she is contrary on purpouse, alot of people tell her in comments how wrong she is on things but she keeps doing them. thats the worst thing to me, people that know theyre wrong but dont care and are spiteful
yoyo16
Informer
Informer

Unread post by yoyo16 »

We'll find out tomorrow what this long awaited project is. It's most likely the light the world project, something that they haven't even thought of. They are probably just tagging along, doing it because everyone else is doing it.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Toffie89 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
tnchk1187 wrote: No... she really seemed to lose Jackson. It wasn't discussed a ton but showed her after she found him a good distance from where she said she was.

She was frantic and thought someone took him, yet she still stopped to turn the camera on first once she found him. Then gave him no lesson on staying with the group, just talked to the camera Image. He wasn't just a few feet away.... that was yards!
(Hope I'm doing the quoting right, it's my first time)

I actually don't think that this is a scenario where Jackson could have done something different. From what I got he stopped at the ice skating rink and Ellie missed it. He's just a young child living in his small world. He probably started day dreaming about ice-skating and all of a sudden Ellie and the group had moved on. This is all on Ellie. She should be thanking her lucky star that nothing happened to that sweet child! And perhaps implement a buddy system when out and about with all the cousins!

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
That thumbnail is really freaking horrid. If I were Ellie, I never would have posted that. And she's holding Jackson, so it's totally staged.

And Ellie, it's a part. Apart means "away from". And of course Carlie spelled Advent wrong. These people make me crazy! Why is it the least educated that are the most successful? Shay, E&J, DB, OK Baby, are idiots and take it in, and the only educated ones (C&K) limp along with 50,000 views/vlog. Arrrrgh.
Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Rake it in, not take...

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Today was the kickoff to the LDS "25 ways in 25 days" season. We can expect to see E&J follow along this list all month. Jared was featured in an ad for this, so whatever they did today was most certainly about the kickoff event.[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016120 ... 5b4486.png[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016120 ... 3d2649.png[/img]
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Some of those are barely qualified as "giving back". Going to church? Asking your kids what you should pray about? I love #23: "Do you owe anybody an apology?" Ellie would never admit to that!

Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

There were too many posts I wanted to reply to on here so forgive me for making my own post in response.

First off, to the person who said that they used to be so much more relatable, but now everything seems hush hush which leaves them with boring and empty vlogs - THANK YOU! Honestly, reading that post made me kind of sad in a pathetic way..lol...like reminiscing on times with an old friend that you haven't seen in far too long.

When I first started watching E+J (almost 2 years ago) I absolutely adored them (mainly Ellie. Jareds always been, well, Jared). I admired Ellie for how strong and happy she seemed despite her struggles, and loved hearing them talk about their HONEST daily life. Something has definitely changed and has been getting progressively worse since Calvin was born. It's not that the Ice Palace is what sent me over the edge, but I think that, along with several other factors of course, their move into the new "home" made them even harder to relate to. When I used to love them, watching their vlogs (and I mean this in the least weird way possible) kind of felt like home. It felt like, cozy, you know? Everything about the vlogs back then was warm and inviting. Genuine. In the year or so leading up to the new house, and now that they're actually in, their vlogs literally project the feeling in the house. Cold. Empty. Boring. It's sad, really.

As far as her anxiety goes - I have struggled with extreme anxiety since I can remember living and I'm sure many, many people including myself would have LOVED to hear Ellie open up about it. And not in some staged, -"Click the link in the description below to watch my new video on my channel where I talk about anxiety! And by talk about anxiety I really mean my NEW house, my NEW puppy, my BABY, my lipstick, and I mention anxiety once!! Please click it because we need money to pay off our Ice Palace!!!"- kind of open up. Like, really genuinely and sincerely open up. Honestly, if she did that, I think a lot of people would warm back up to her, because I sure would.

And lastly, today's vlog...I don't know...didn't quite add up to me. I'm sure this could be considered nitpicking but it just left me feeling confused and skeptical. I could totally be wrong, so please feel free to point out if I missed something, but:

1) It was odd that Ellie pulled out the camera before she had actually gotten to him. My first thought was that this obviously isn't normal behavior for any (justifiably) panicked and concerned parent who just thought they had lost their child but then I thought; this is Ellie with Jackson we're talking about here so...how could I be surprised?

2) Ellie said she "ran from clear over there" and pans the camera to, what looks very far away. Ellie, being the weak, sickly, out of shape woman that she is, (I sincerely mean that in a factual way, not meant to be insulting) it was VERY strange that she wasn't more out of breath if she had truly just ran her fastest all that distance and was so panicked. Tell me that doesn't seem fishy. She seemed /slightly/ out of breath as she started to walk back, but no more than just for the mere fact that she was carrying Jackson, walking with a quickness to get back to the group, and talking at the same time.

and 3) As Ellie walks back, she doesn't even get far before we can see behind her in the shot that, you can't see the ice rink? There's a building, or cars, or trees or something there (I can't remember exactly and I'm not going to go back and check lol) that prevents you from being able to see the area she had just come from. If she really looked down and couldn't find Jackson, how would she even know to run over there? There were hundreds of other places he could have gone, how did she know to run to a place where she couldn't even see? I saw someone mention maybe they had walked by there and he had gotten left behind, which may very well be, but even then, HOW could you walk THAT far before realizing your 2 year old wasn't with you?! I'm not a mom, so I am by no means underestimating how difficult it may be to keep track of your children at times, but come on! That can't be normal?!

Conclusion: Either it was set up for views, Ellie largely exaggerated the situation for views, OR she just truly could not give two shits about Jackson actually being missing or "taken" as she said so freaking casually. They all seem plausible.

BLESS YOU if you actually read all of this! Forgive me for the novel, I needed to get that off my chest! Hahaha

P.S. I wanted to shove forks in my ears when Ellie was saying (with laughable enthusiasm) that her and Jackson were matching, and someone points out "and Calvin too" and the tone in her voice COMPLETELY changes into this goo-gooey annoying baby voice that just oozes her infatuation with Calvin as she replies.

Ceirsten8676
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ceirsten8676 »

Yikes! Ellie's skin is almost as bad as Missy's.[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016120 ... f22a8b.png[/img]

tgo93
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tgo93 »

HelloSweetie wrote:Today was the kickoff to the LDS "25 ways in 25 days" season. We can expect to see E&J follow along this list all month. Jared was featured in an ad for this, so whatever they did today was most certainly about the kickoff event.
Oh my god I have so many problems with that list it isn't even funny. "Promote a vision charity" - how about DONATE to a vision charity!! Dec 5th starts good and then cops out with pray for sick loved ones, sorry, but that isn't really doing anything that is helpful in a practical way. It bothers me because I would say about half of it at least is actually encouraging doing great stuff but a lot of the more religious based options seem kind of like cop outs where you aren't actually helping someone...
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

I'm skeptical too. The title pissed me off before I even clicked it, because that is such a careless way to phrase it, particularly for a couple who started out in the TTC community. It's YouTube and I pretty much expect clickbait...it still bothered me. Maybe I'm just super touchy, but it was completely lacking in class.

As for the actual "loss" of Jackson... IDK. The likelihood of four adult women losing a two-year-old, versus "professional vloggers" setting up a scene, seems low. I generally don't nitpick on moms whose kids get lost in stores because shit happens and I'm sure it's utterly terrifying. But this instance was sketchy to me, maybe just because I don't view Ellie as a worried mom with integrity, but instead as a materialistic person who wants more money (by way of views on YT).

I am really glad they took away Calvin's Wubbanub. Ellie didn't handle it the way I would have, but that applies to basically any given situation. I don't really believe he's handling it super well. That kid was attached to his paci, had it in his mouth constantly, even when playing. I don't know why E+J feel like they need to lie about basic stuff like this.

Also, for all of Ellie's excitement about putting garland on her bannister and decorating the Ice Palace for Christmas, I feel like Bonnie's Christmas decor is much better. It's the family pictures all over again, lol.

Edit: Also, promote a vision charity on social media... Including the eyeglasses emoji?!! Wow.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

lmmomSD wrote:Some of those are barely qualified as "giving back". Going to church? Asking your kids what you should pray about? I love #23: "Do you owe anybody an apology?" Ellie would never admit to that!

I'd personally make Ellie an Advent calendar with the LDS '25 days in 25 ways' motto and every single door she opened would say #23. Maybe even an annual calendar with the same concept.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Ok just a couple minutes into the vlog but paused it to say this. Seriously how did Calvin graduate physical therapy? His neck is still very noticeably crooked.
Enchantedbybeautyy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Enchantedbybeautyy »

They're gifting in vitro to a subscriber? The way the video started out I thought they were announcing an adoption or something.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”