• Advertisement

Precious Calvin the favored child

Re: Precious Calvin the favored child

Postby WhatSheSaid » Mon May 08, 2017 4:52 am

Theresa wrote:I think my point was that people read way too much into this, while it's just convenience. The nursery upstairs, other kids downstairs. Calvin will move down when the next kid comes. Also, when you have the room, why not give each kid it's own? Probably makes sleep training much easier too.

Calvin should be sleeping through the night, and before they moved he was sleeping through the night. So why not put them both downstairs in a room of their own? Ellie has a history of unusual behavior with Calvin. He was nearly a year old before he got to see that there was more to life than looking at the ceiling. She didn't sit him up in her lap at the table, he either layed him in a rocker, on the floor, or laid him in her lap. She didn't give him so much as a rattle to play with. She neglected to treat him in an age or developmentally appropriate manner. At the time, the board was of the opinion that Ellie was not trying to meet Calvin's needs, ie she failed to seek medical attention for two separate episodes when she claimed he wasn't able to breathe. Instead, she was trying to use him to meet her own needs. And, in the mean time, Jackson was pretty much shunned by his mother. In fact, I just read that Ellie expressed the fact that she missed Calvin over social media and didn't say boo about Jackson. Do you not agree that that is a bit odd? If, in fact, there was another kid to put in the basement with Jackson, I might feel differently and agree with you.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper

Advertisement

Precious Calvin the favored child

Postby HelloSweetie » Mon May 08, 2017 6:24 am

E&J chose the house design and intentionally built a house where their 2 year old would have his room in the basement. They planned for Cal to have the bright and beautiful main floor bedroom near theirs, and for Jackson to have the dark rear-facing basement bedroom. That is an odd choice for sure. It's fine for children to sleep on different floors from their parents, but it isn't right to so obviously favour one over the other. This was the perfect home they envisioned. Favouritism was definitely at play.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Re: Precious Calvin the favored child

Postby gopedjane » Thu May 11, 2017 6:55 pm

I was wondering about the bedrooms. I assumed they were sharing​ a room. Seems like an odd design to choose. Why wouldn't you put 3 bedrooms on the main level, office in the basement. I personally would not put a toddler on a different floor. My dad lost his adult cousin in a fire because he couldn't get out of the basement.
gopedjane
Informer

Previous

• Advertisement

Return to Ellie and Jared