John and Joan (IVF grant recipients)

TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: John and Joan (IVF grant recipients)

Unread post by TheOneWhoBlogs »

Playsinrain wrote:
TheOneWhoBlogs wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:Let me get this straight. The moms pumping at her work had to sit and stare at a picture of a dead baby while they pump milk for their babies? :(.

Also I'm glad that Joan's scan went well I hope she continues to have a healthy pregnancy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Am i the only one who found that entire explanation very..Entitled? I Mean,i understand,she lost her child.but it isnt fair for people to have to stare at a picture of a dead kid while they pump.that's sick.
No i found it just as entitled. It really sits badly with me. I feel like a nice print of a fox with something about the room being in memory of Maeve would be more than sufficient. It's really not something i would want to see while i pumped, and it gives off that same vibe to me as her post about the mother that lost her older child, "be thankful you had him/her for so long" . Too me it reads as "you better be thankful for your baby bc look mine is dead, see my dead baby? Shes dead..." It's really hard for me to feel insensitive for someone in Joan's shoes, and in my heart i do feel horribly for her.. but the way she acts as if she's the only mother in the world that has lost a child and that EVERYONE should know that she's lost a child just doesn't sit well with me. Like how she will work maeve's death into any conversation. It's just not ok to me. But then again, i have never been in her situation, so i also feel not ok about judging her as well.

As someone who's a loss mom,I do not go around showing photos of my daughter to ANYONE,They do not see the light of day.They are for ME and my family,and i'd have to be forced at gunpoint to put a picture of her in my work place.
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Honestly I've always found the pictures of Maeve a bit disturbing. I know a lot of you feel bad for her but I just think she's psycho. Losing a baby is terrible but everyone's lost someone that they love and has to move forward. She and Maeve are not special snowflakes.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Warning that this is a personal post, and probably a very unpopular opinion that is likely fueled by my own anger and grief but idgaf at all. My best friend's brother (28 yrs old) was murdered a few weeks ago on their mom's birthday. He was giving a coworker a ride home to a bad neighborhood and someone who had a beef with the other dude shot and killed both of them. He was senselessly killed while doing someone a favor and truly has nothing to do with whatever was going on between the garbage in his passenger's seat and the trash who killed him. Joan's comments dismissing the loss of other people's children in favor ofvher own makes my blood boil and my hands start to shake. Their mother also had a stillborn daughter, though that was 30 odd years ago at this point. I dare Joan to ask her which one hurt more, because I guarantee her stillbirth doesn't even come close. I get that maybe it's not a fair comparison, but Joan loves the pain Olympics and she's going to lose in the face of any mother who lost a child they actually got to know. She's a needy attention hog and nothing gets her more attention than Maeve. She's going to keep milking it until people finally grow a pair and tell her to get a grip.
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

I just want to know why Joan starts following loss moms? Like why does she go out and search for people who are grieving? I know she’s grieving but she is also pregnant..idk I’m torn. I’m sure she’s looking to relate but if I were her I’d be trying to relate with other pregnant moms instead of going out of my way to follow newly still birth moms..if that makes sense lol

TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper

Amelia322 wrote:I just want to know why Joan starts following loss moms? Like why does she go out and search for people who are grieving? I know she’s grieving but she is also pregnant..idk I’m torn. I’m sure she’s looking to relate but if I were her I’d be trying to relate with other pregnant moms instead of going out of my way to follow newly still birth moms..if that makes sense lol

She's still following new ones? That...I'm pretty sure that falls under this 'entitled' catogory.... Like... "Hey.Hey. Look at me! I'm pregnant! Ik'm pregnant and you're not!"
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Rolling my eyes so hard at John's IG rant to those judgemental and his employment history. Sorry he had to work on low rent or "ghetto" apartments, but at least he didn't have to live in one! I guess it's easy to judge others when you are lucky enough to have constant GFM's to help support your lifestyle during times of unemployment. It's an insane rant to have when your wife is posting pregnancy pics and consumed with thoughts of pregnancy and fortune. He just doesn't seem as invested at all in having a child. The rant is super immature, and definitely doesn't make me think he's any LESS entitled!
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

"Look at all these jobs I've been fired from for reasons that weren't my fault" lol okay
endellion
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by endellion »

John was so irritating in the latest video. She works in a bead shop which can't pay very well and he seems to think he's too good for any job. Their house is not finished. I don't see how they're going to support a child. I would be so nervous about finances but they don't seem bothered at all.
Koshka
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Koshka »

I just saw the latest video. It’s the first video I have seen in months. It is a bit sad that she feels disconnected from this baby, but it does make me happy to know that she wants to bond with this baby. At times I wonder if she really is okay. I can see her go off to idk where when she is talking. Or maybe it’s her tone of voice?

I’m hoping she doesn’t obsess so much about her first child once this one is born. It seems like she is aware a bit and feels guilty because she wants to enjoy this pregnancy and not regret stuff. I really hope it all goes well for them. I wouldn’t want their second child look back at these and feel unloved or sad because the attention was on older sister the whole time. :(

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Koshka wrote:I just saw the latest video. It’s the first video I have seen in months. It is a bit sad that she feels disconnected from this baby, but it does make me happy to know that she wants to bond with this baby. At times I wonder if she really is okay. I can see her go off to idk where when she is talking. Or maybe it’s her tone of voice?

Yes! I find it so hard to watch her. She has an odd way of taking. Almost as though she's constantly tired or on a sedative.
Hilly
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Hilly »

I really hope the pregnancy goes well and they have a healthy baby i have been following them since they entered the giveaway

But something I noticed and it pissed me a little
She offers no support or even words of encoruagment to women who went through what she went through

I scroll in the comments (instagram) sometimes and few times i see women saying they went through this and how happy they are for joan she will just reply with something about her no sorry that you went through this no nothing

Even in a recent post regarding ellie and jared a woman replied she had a still birth but cant afford IVF and when is joans next bump update ... joan replied with when she will post the videos and not a word for that womans loss i feel she is so selfish with all the support she gets she wont bother saying something nice to someone who is suffering like her too
FreeFinn
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by FreeFinn »

On the topic of Joan's voice,
I found this old video of her from 2011

Listen to how different she sounds
Free Finn!
TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper

FreeFinn wrote:On the topic of Joan's voice,
I found this old video of her from 2011

Listen to how different she sounds
That's...sad...she used to be human.
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18
MandyJ
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MandyJ »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Koshka wrote:I just saw the latest video. It’s the first video I have seen in months. It is a bit sad that she feels disconnected from this baby, but it does make me happy to know that she wants to bond with this baby. At times I wonder if she really is okay. I can see her go off to idk where when she is talking. Or maybe it’s her tone of voice?

Yes! I find it so hard to watch her. She has an odd way of taking. Almost as though she's constantly tired or on a sedative.
I can’t watch her at all anymore. She is so kind numbingly boring and her voice sounds so whiny all the time even when she is talking about happy things. It’s like nails on a chalkboard for me.

Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:

or on the verge of crying

Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Hilly wrote:I really hope the pregnancy goes well and they have a healthy baby i have been following them since they entered the giveaway

But something I noticed and it pissed me a little
She offers no support or even words of encoruagment to women who went through what she went through

I scroll in the comments (instagram) sometimes and few times i see women saying they went through this and how happy they are for joan she will just reply with something about her no sorry that you went through this no nothing

Even in a recent post regarding ellie and jared a woman replied she had a still birth but cant afford IVF and when is joans next bump update ... joan replied with when she will post the videos and not a word for that womans loss i feel she is so selfish with all the support she gets she wont bother saying something nice to someone who is suffering like her too
Because she’s had it worseImage

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

How awful!

I know exactly what you mean. It's pretty much what I said. And the difference in the way my friend has handled what happened to her and her son compared to Joan is also telling. My friend donated her son's organs, and takes some solace in that, but has also spent a lot of her time since her son died trying to help others. She has bad days, of course. She's not a saint! But she doesn't use her tragedy to get special treatment. The opposite. She finds meaning in trying to help others deal with their grief. And she would never in a million years tell another grieving parent that they have it better than she does, for any reason.
RootBeerFloatie wrote:Warning that this is a personal post, and probably a very unpopular opinion that is likely fueled by my own anger and grief but idgaf at all. My best friend's brother (28 yrs old) was murdered a few weeks ago on their mom's birthday. He was giving a coworker a ride home to a bad neighborhood and someone who had a beef with the other dude shot and killed both of them. He was senselessly killed while doing someone a favor and truly has nothing to do with whatever was going on between the garbage in his passenger's seat and the trash who killed him. Joan's comments dismissing the loss of other people's children in favor ofvher own makes my blood boil and my hands start to shake. Their mother also had a stillborn daughter, though that was 30 odd years ago at this point. I dare Joan to ask her which one hurt more, because I guarantee her stillbirth doesn't even come close. I get that maybe it's not a fair comparison, but Joan loves the pain Olympics and she's going to lose in the face of any mother who lost a child they actually got to know. She's a needy attention hog and nothing gets her more attention than Maeve. She's going to keep milking it until people finally grow a pair and tell her to get a grip.
How awful!

I know exactly what you mean. It's pretty much what I said. And the difference in the way my friend has handled what happened to her and her son compared to Joan is also telling. My friend donated her son's organs, and takes some solace in that, but has also spent a lot of her time since her son died trying to help others. She has bad days, of course. She's not a saint! But she doesn't use her tragedy to get special treatment. The opposite. She finds meaning in trying to help others deal with their grief. And she would never in a million years tell another grieving parent that they have it better than she does, for any reason.
So sorry for your loss, and that of your friend's family.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Tapatalk messed up my post! Sorry for the weird quote.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
kait98
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by kait98 »

Has anyone watch the LeRoy's... The lost their son at a few months old about 11 years ago to a Heart Defect. They seem to do a very, very good job at keeping his memory alive yet continuing to live a "normal" life. Granted they had their daughter before and 3 kids after, but hopefully Joan will be able to get to the point that Shanna is at sooner rather than later for the sake of this baby.
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

I find it so strange that her co workers and friends dont know shes pregnant and she's announcing on her facebook page soon? Dont they know she vlogs? Dont they know they were given E&J's Grant last year? Im confused.. Are they just naive to youtube where she works/lives? It cant be.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”