E+J - Whose Whine Is It Anyway? Part 22

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

Thread title thanks to Boredomatitsfinest.

In the last part...

- Ellie went to Hawaii on a girls trip with Bonnie, Aspyn, April and Jinger. Ellie simulates a BJ on a cocktail while looking at the waiter.
- Calvin, the eternally favoured child remained annoying AF.
- Jackson remained ignored by his mother, despite him being the best thing this family has going for them.
- Ellie and Jared talk about babies everyday, even though they're "not TTC". :?
- Ellie has a crush on Morgan.
- Ellie has a meltdown in the kitchen.
- Jackson starts pre-school.
- Ellie's Aunt Sonya passes away. Ellie makes no mention of it on the day all of her siblings are crying. Ellie proclaims "IT'S A WONDERFUL DAY" all smiles.
- Jared's hair got greyer. Ellie keeps pointing it out. Jared's hair turns even more grey.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: E+J - Whose Whine Is It Anyway? Part 22

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Kinda weird that Ellie doesn't know what a lisp is when her "best friend" has one...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Penny has no respect for Ellie. Jumps on her, doesn't come when she calls... Bahaha. And Ellie, dogs don't have hands. She was talking about Penny running around the living room with a "sock in her hand".

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by tratra58 »

No shoes or soaks on Jackson in the restaurant. I am assuming he was going into a play area. I would have said keep the soaks on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

tratra58 wrote:No shoes or soaks on Jackson in the restaurant. I am assuming he was going into a play area. I would have said keep the soaks on.

I thought that was nasty too. Barefoot in the restaurant and the play area. Ick.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:Penny has no respect for Ellie. Jumps on her, doesn't come when she calls... Bahaha. And Ellie, dogs don't have hands. She was talking about Penny running around the living room with a "sock in her hand".

I know she is a puppy, but I don't see much improvement with Jared's training her. However, she is getting a lot of treats.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

tratra58 wrote:No shoes or soaks on Jackson in the restaurant. I am assuming he was going into a play area. I would have said keep the soaks on.

I feel like there's a lot of barefoot and/or pyjama wearing in restaurants with this family (Ruby, Bonnie, too). To me the only person who should be in that state is maybe an infant in a carrier, but after that it's just a bit much. I guess the pyjamas aren't the end of the world or anything, but it's just not very nice. And bare feet, apart from being inappropriate, are also unsanitary/potentially dangerous.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

natalka81 wrote:

I feel like there's a lot of barefoot and/or pyjama wearing in restaurants with this family (Ruby, Bonnie, too). To me the only person who should be in that state is maybe an infant in a carrier, but after that it's just a bit much. I guess the pyjamas aren't the end of the world or anything, but it's just not very nice. And bare feet, apart from being inappropriate, are also unsanitary/potentially dangerous.
I'm surprised they are allowed to go without socks in a play area like that. Most of the places I've seen have those sock dispensers and you have to buy some in order to be able to play (if you don't have any). No bare feet allowed for hygienic reasons.
sandiego97

Unread post by sandiego97 »

tratra58 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Penny has no respect for Ellie. Jumps on her, doesn't come when she calls... Bahaha. And Ellie, dogs don't have hands. She was talking about Penny running around the living room with a "sock in her hand".

I know she is a puppy, but I don't see much improvement with Jared's training her. However, she is getting a lot of treats.
Not trying to defend them really, but labs are harder to train (they take more time). Whereas for DB, their Australian Shepherd should've been much easier and they still sent her off. I have both a lab and an Aussie and it was WAY easier to train our Aussie because labs are bigger dogs and stay puppy-like for a longer period of time (they're super crazy as puppies and really calm as adults). That being said, I still think Penny should have a bit more training then what we've seen. Not sure if they're doing a puppy class or anything (like once a week, for an hour), but they probably should so she can socialize and actually get trained. Our Aussie is 8 months old now and we are still doing classes with her, but our trainer likes to say we're not training the dog, we're training the owners on how to train their dogs.
I think they could definitely use something like that to advance her training (also it's not like they're "too busy" when they are both stay-at-home parents).
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

sandiego97 wrote:
tratra58 wrote:

Not trying to defend them really, but labs are harder to train (they take more time). Whereas for DB, their Australian Shepherd should've been much easier and they still sent her off. I have both a lab and an Aussie and it was WAY easier to train our Aussie because labs are bigger dogs and stay puppy-like for a longer period of time (they're super crazy as puppies and really calm as adults). That being said, I still think Penny should have a bit more training then what we've seen. Not sure if they're doing a puppy class or anything (like once a week, for an hour), but they probably should so she can socialize and actually get trained. Our Aussie is 8 months old now and we are still doing classes with her, but our trainer likes to say we're not training the dog, we're training the owners on how to train their dogs.
I think they could definitely use something like that to advance her training (also it's not like they're "too busy" when they are both stay-at-home parents).
Thanks for the good information. My thoughts are also if they don't have Penny well trained, especially as she grows larger, she has a better chance of becoming an outdoor dog. I tend to think Jared realizes this and might look at some outside help with training Penny. I am not convinced Penny will remain indoors especially if they have a fence put in soon.

On another note, I am surprised with all the money they spent, the garage is not heated.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They really need to take Penny to classes. Labs are people pleasers, but they are definitely rambunctious, and Ellie and that clicker aren't doing it. I agree that training teaches the owners how to work with the dogs, and it's not as if they don't have time.
Does anyone know why Jared's brother was cutting down all the trees?

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

It looks like another Mecham is going to vlog and that is Maria, Ryan's wife. There was a link on Matt and Em's channel.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:They really need to take Penny to classes. Labs are people pleasers, but they are definitely rambunctious, and Ellie and that clicker aren't doing it. I agree that training teaches the owners how to work with the dogs, and it's not as if they don't have time.

Matt's vlog today talked about the trees were essentially full of live/dead bugs.
Last edited by tratra58 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:They really need to take Penny to classes. Labs are people pleasers, but they are definitely rambunctious, and Ellie and that clicker aren't doing it. I agree that training teaches the owners how to work with the dogs, and it's not as if they don't have time.

Matt vlogged today and they talked about the trees were essentially full of live/dead bugs.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Our 2nd set of labs were brothers. My then 7 year old son and I took them to a click and treat trainer. We were consistent with the training. My youngest was 3 at the time. She could even get both labs to respect her by just turning her back to them, they knew she was not playing with them and they would walk away. When she had play dates I told them to do the same thing.
When you do click and treat you must time your click precisely. For a down as soon as Dog's front legs are down you click then treat. You also can substitute the click with a word. We say YES. You don't always have a clicker, but you always have your voice. Unless Ellie trains consistently as well as Jared Penny will probably not respect her like she does Jared. As a family we all worked with our dogs.
I now have an English Bull Terrier. He requires constant training more than any of our labs, we had 4. I treat our dogs like they are family.
All dogs need their owners to be their advocate and their pack. I hope Penny gets this life. As you can see my kids have grown up and I am the crazy dog lady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

lmmomSD wrote:

I thought that was nasty too. Barefoot in the restaurant and the play area. Ick.

Most restaurants with a play area have a strict SOCK ON rule?? Gross...
fortwendy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by fortwendy »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

Most restaurants with a play area have a strict SOCK ON rule?? Gross...
Shoes bring in mud/dirt/whatever's on the ground (dog poo), and bare feet have warts, sweat, fungus. Socks are the best option.

I'm trying to think of a restaurant that has a play area that isn't McDonalds or Burger King. We must be missing out in Canada...
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

Just watched yesterday's vlog, and it wasn't awful. Ellie looks healthy, and it seems she's okay staying home over night without Jared. She wasn't nearly as irritating as I remember. As a matter of fact, Jared wasn't at all obnoxious. He looks visably older, but was in good spirits. Jackson is so cute and seems happy to be in pre-school. How'd he get to go? I didn't see that coming. Ehh, Calvin...uhm, he's got a face only a mother can love? I'm not a fan. I'd never let a child in my charge go play without socks on. It's unhygenic, as been stated, and it's so easy to pick up a nasty fungus. Maybe I'm crazy, but it looked to me that when Ellie was in the office at the end of the vlog, Penny seemed to give her a dirty look! Do dogs do that or am I imagining things?
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

WhatSheSaid wrote:Just watched yesterday's vlog, and it wasn't awful. Ellie looks healthy, and it seems she's okay staying home over night without Jared. She wasn't nearly as irritating as I remember. As a matter of fact, Jared wasn't at all obnoxious. He looks visably older, but was in good spirits. Jackson is so cute and seems happy to be in pre-school. How'd he get to go? I didn't see that coming. Ehh, Calvin...uhm, he's got a face only a mother can love? I'm not a fan. I'd never let a child in my charge go play without socks on. It's unhygenic, as been stated, and it's so easy to pick up a nasty fungus. Maybe I'm crazy, but it looked to me that when Ellie was in the office at the end of the vlog, Penny seemed to give her a dirty look! Do dogs do that or am I imagining things?
Jared is really quieter with his parents and brothers. I was wondering if Jared would recognize his brothers' (Matt and Ryan) channels to help them by saying check them out, but it doesn't seem like he thinks of this. I image Penny likes Jared better.
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

I truly have never cared about anything less than I care about Jared's separate footage when they're away from each other. Every single time I skip over his parts. I definitely watch for the kids and in general I prefer Ellie over Jared. Still not the biggest fan of her, but she's more interesting to watch (interesting as in i feel like I'm conducting a psychological study on her every time I watch a vlog).

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Return to “Ellie and Jared”