lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: E+J: The Cycle of Life - Part 23

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Scar2016 wrote:Jared Mecham 'colloquialism' #169, Apr 27th 2017 @ 6:16 mins:

''And by golly gee willerkers..''

What the AF?
I said some weird things when I was serving in family restaurants and stuff happened and I couldn't say "Aww, f*ck me!" . But I never, ever got that bizarre. I said 'Boogers" and "Crikey". But that just sounds rehearsed. Nobody outside of an old movie like "The Apple Dumpling Gang" says "gee willikers".

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by winniewise »

lmmomSD wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:This is a good point. Have any of the Mormon vloggers gone over their due date and not been induced at least a week before the due date?

I know Collette, Carlie, Ellie and Bonnie (at least with Linc) were. What about Jennika?
I _think_ Jennika had PJ past her due date, but not induced. She went into labor naturally. They were even seemingly throwing shade at DB trying to evict Finn from the womb at 37 weeks. They were saying "We want her to come, of course, but not until she's ready". I'm not positive she was overdue, but I seem to recall her being at least a few days past her due date.
So many vloggers act as though the due date is a guarantee, or an expiration date. It's called "Estimated Delivery Date" for a reason. It's an estimate based on your last period. And it assumes a 28 day cycle. Sorry for preaching to the choir. It just aggravates me.

It bugs me too! Utah (or maybe it's just the vloggers we see) is definitely stuck in the past when it comes to labor and delivery!
Bonnie has never made it to her due date, she's always induced at 39 weeks just because. She was even mad at the hospital for "making" her wait an hour to start pushing with Olivia and she was upset that her doctor DIDN'T give her an episiotomy!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

winniewise wrote:Bonnie has never made it to her due date, she's always induced at 39 weeks just because. She was even mad at the hospital for "making" her wait an hour to start pushing with Olivia and she was upset that her doctor DIDN'T give her an episiotomy!
WTF? Where did Bonnie say this?
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

Scar2016 wrote:
winniewise wrote:Bonnie has never made it to her due date, she's always induced at 39 weeks just because. She was even mad at the hospital for "making" her wait an hour to start pushing with Olivia and she was upset that her doctor DIDN'T give her an episiotomy!
Starts at around 9:35

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Scar2016 wrote:
That's nuts! Why would you want that if you don't need it? Yeah, I want stitches, and burning every time I pee and having to use that cooling foam on my vagina. (Which BTW, is heavenly when you're all itchy from stitches and sore "down there" after giving birth!) Wow.

whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by whys0seri0us »

lmmomSD wrote:
Scar2016 wrote:
That's nuts! Why would you want that if you don't need it? Yeah, I want stitches, and burning every time I pee and having to use that cooling foam on my vagina. (Which BTW, is heavenly when you're all itchy from stitches and sore "down there" after giving birth!) Wow.

I'm guessing she would want that because she thinks it will make her vagina stretch less?! Or maybe because if you tear naturally it can sometimes be worse. That's the craziest thing I have ever heard though.

Not being cut was specifically in my birth plan. Also you increase your chances of tearing or needing to be cut if you are induced. I swear these Mormon women know NOTHING about their bodies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

That's old school. I can remember when some docs still believe an Episiotomy was better than tearing. Bonnie also had PSD with Linc, so maybe she thought this would help relieve pressure on her pelvic bone? Who knows???
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

lmmomSD wrote:
Scar2016 wrote:

I have to agree with Bonnie. I tore into my rectrum wall like that with my first. Since it was a tear it was not controlled. My first was 9lbs 10oz on her due date. My second was 10lbs 1 oz induced 3 days early and I did get an episiotomy and I did not tear into my rectrum. I had the episiotomy for the next two one was induced a week early. The nurse did not believe he was coming and let him sit there when I said I needed to push. He ended up with fluid in his lungs and was sent to the NICU. My doctor was furious that the nurse did not page her the moment I said things were changing. When I had number four two and a half weeks early, her numbers matched my ten pounder, my doctor told the nurses not to touch me. I pushed out that baby without a contraction and she was 8 lbs 4 oz. so with two of Bonnie's complaints I sympathize. Don't let a baby sit to rest they just get fluid in their lungs and get the episiotomy because the tear was much more painful to heal. I could even quote Ellie that I was afraid to go except as y'all know they give stool softness for that reason. Sorry for the personal story, I just did. Not want people thinking I blindly drink the Griffith Girls koolaid.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Ouch. My sister had big babies-- 10 pounds, 12 ounces for my niece, and had a 4th degree laceration, so I get that. But if you don't need it, why get it? That's all I am wondering. With those big babies, you probably need one. How big was Lincoln? I don't remember.

start-the-fire
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by start-the-fire »

Really? You've never met such a tender​ kiddo? What about your first-born son?!Image

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

start-the-fire wrote:Really? You've never met such a tender​ kiddo? What about your first-born son?!Image

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
Notice no mention of having to take his toys away because prince cal never gets disciplined. Smh.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Even Sam can't make him look as cute as Jackson. I blame Ellie for letting him walk around with that Wubanub hanging out of his mouth for a year. Jackson has the same genes but doesn't have the buck teeth. Hope they're saving for Calvin's orthodontics! Poor guy. He's also pretty bald for a kid his age. That doesn't help.
For the people who wonder if there's something going on with Calvin's development-- do his ears look a little low-set to anyone else? That's a big red flag. I sometimes think they are, and sometimes think it's just the angle and maybe his crooked neck playing tricks on my eyes.

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

Is there a way to Adblock pics of Calvin?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I just can't warm up to that kid! Actually, I think I would rather spend the day with Oliver than Calvin if I had to pick one. Similarly, is probably pick Bryan over Jared, and Missy over Ellie....

What a change from the first few threads in this forum when I was a full blown minion (but hated DB).
whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:I just can't warm up to that kid! Actually, I think I would rather spend the day with Oliver than Calvin if I had to pick one. Similarly, is probably pick Bryan over Jared, and Missy over Ellie....

What a change from the first few threads in this forum when I was a full blown minion (but hated DB).
Omg I agree 100%. ImageImageImage and I would choose Missy over jared as well!

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Speaking ill of a child....

There's a special place in hell for all of us.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

But we'll have cookies! And I made a lemon pound cake with Meyer lemons off my brother's tree this week. My daughter and I are going to have to take extra walks.

formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

In my birth month group on Facebook, so many women are trying to have their babies ASAP as soon as they hit 37 weeks. Maybe it's a millennial thing? I'm not sure but they all remind me of theses vloggers!

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

Around 2005-2010 the doctors around here (Alabama) were inducing women as early as 36 weeks just for convenience. One of my friends had a scheduled c-section just because she wanted too.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

While we are on the subject of things hat are different with delivery....

It seems that the hospital Ellie and Bonnie delivered at has a nursery the babies can go to so you can have a break. They stay in the room with their moms/dads here now (unless there is an issue). Is this still common in the US?

Return to “Ellie and Jared”