E+J - The Phantom Fetus! Part 25

CallieT
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J - The Phantom Fetus! Part 25

Unread post by CallieT »

Not trying to defend them, just be logical...

I think she was pregnant, for a couple reasons.

1. The nurse said the levels were lower than she would expect, and sure, we didn't get a number, but I'm sure if Ellie wasn't pregnant the nurse would know and tell her "your numbers indicate you AREN'T pregnant" not just "lower than expected".

2. I truly think that she got a fake positive preg test, and that it just wasn't showing up on camera. If she WAS faking it, why would she have shown us the pregnancy test that looked blank? She wouldn't have. She would have just photoshopped the thumbnail and never actually shown the test. Also the call to her mom was convincing to me. I think the reason the announcement vid was so weird was because they knew it was a bad sign that the line was so faint and so late to show up.

3. If she was getting her period, and not miscarrying, wouldn't her period be REALLY late? I know this is contingent on the fact that she ovulated in the first place, but Ellie's never actually been diagnosed with PCOS, right? So I don't think the test was necessarily wrong.

4. Her body WAS changing, very rapidly. I know she eats a lot of snacks and her metabolism will catch up eventually, but she's always had those late night 'treats' and such a rapid change honestly is unlike Ellie.

Just my thoughts!
CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

*real preg test, not fake
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

ewokfan11 wrote:We also have to remember these vlogs are E&J's POV and what they WANT people to see. I wouldn't be shocked at all if doormat Jared is editing the vlogs to put Ellie in a better light - and not look like a crazy, delusional liar. Ellie is humiliated and hiding and Jared probably wants to protect her.

They know the truth, but they'll never reveal the truth.
exactly.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

CallieT wrote:Not trying to defend them, just be logical...

1. The nurse said the levels were lower than she would expect, and sure, we didn't get a number, but I'm sure if Ellie wasn't pregnant the nurse would know and tell her "your numbers indicate you AREN'T pregnant" not just "lower than expected".

2. I truly think that she got a fake positive preg test, and that it just wasn't showing up on camera. If she WAS faking it, why would she have shown us the pregnancy test that looked blank? She wouldn't have. She would have just photoshopped the thumbnail and never actually shown the test. Also the call to her mom was convincing to me. I think the reason the announcement vid was so weird was because they knew it was a bad sign that the line was so faint and so late to show up.

3. If she was getting her period, and not miscarrying, wouldn't her period be REALLY late? I know this is contingent on the fact that she ovulated in the first place, but Ellie's never actually been diagnosed with PCOS, right? So I don't think the test was necessarily wrong.

4. Her body WAS changing, very rapidly. I know she eats a lot of snacks and her metabolism will catch up eventually, but she's always had those late night 'treats' and such a rapid change honestly is unlike Ellie.

Just my thoughts!
1. If her HCG was at all elevated they would likely test to follow through. They wouldn't tell you that you aren't pregnant based on quantitative analysis if you haven't had your period because the number could be climbing.

2. I absolutely think she had a fake positive. I think she tested until she finally had a positive, and then refused to believe the subsequent negatives. She beloved what she wanted to see and wouldn't listen to reason. I think her family were likely trying to caution her based on how they all remained quiet. Even Cullen seemed a bit wary about the line he saw (didn't see).

3. Every woman has a different cycle length. Her period isn't late unless she did in fact ovulate at Disneyland. They didn't temp, so no one knows for sure.

4. I think Ellie was just eating more because she thought she could be pregnant. Yes she was eating crap, but she also seemed to be eating more at meals as well. (Ellie usually eats junk food but doesn't eat a lot of actual meals throughout the day).

I have no doubt Ellie thought she was pregnant. I think she thought it the whole time! I think she jumped on a. Positive pregnancy test and just didn't want to see the obvious.... no matter how obvious it was.

Ignorance is bliss.
Last edited by HelloSweetie on Fri May 19, 2017 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ceirsten8676
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ceirsten8676 »

If I could be a fly on the wall in anyone's house, it would be the Mecham house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rullakebab
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Rullakebab »

I have to agree with amyfalafal. And I have been thinking since the beginning of their TWW that some way they will spin this into a pregnancy loss. I don't believe anything they say and what they show in their vlogs is 100 % in their control. Without showing an actual positive pregnancy test or sharing the actual number of her HCG levels, I don't believe she is actually miscarrying.

I don't like how they messed everything up with the MD announcement based on an evaporation line and then being all smug and smirky about other's infertility and miscarriages. Ellie was SMILING when she talked about her two friends who miscarried recently. And now she can't even show her face but it's ok when she decides to call and message about her pregnancy to people who are struggling.

I really hope this will knock some sense into their heads. They both are so delusional and I say again that I'm worried about their mental health. Especially Ellie's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

Just my thoughts!
I get where you're coming from. we all want to give her the benefit of the doubt. They chose what they show us and what they show us doesnt add up.

Answering your #3 "why would she show us a blank test" because she really wanted to be pregnant and convinced herself she was. She is definitely going through some phantom pregnancy, all joking aside, it can mess with your head. claiming pcos and infertility and ttc right after an iud was taken out makes no sense at all. it would literally be a miracle.
anastasialarue
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by anastasialarue »

amyfalafal wrote:
PookPook0307 wrote:Idk if i believe she was pregnant or not. I believe she really, really wanted to be. If i had a line and they were telling me i had HCG in my blood and then i got my period i would be devastated, but something about their vlogs is just off and i feel like a lot is missing.

If she was... she got pregnant their first month TTC #3... which makes me even more sick of them claiming infertility.

I know a couple women who had a chemical one month and then go on to get pregnant the next month and have a complication free pregnancy. Also, those women announced early with the chemical (they tested before period was due and then it showed up on time) then the next time they didn't announce until 12-14 weeks. So I am curious to see if they pick back up with the open TTC show or if now they go silent on that front.
You definitely can get pregnant quickly after a miscarriage. Your hormones are sky rocketed, because the pregnancy hormones are still in your system for a while. My doctors always said it takes about 3-6 weeks for those hormones to vanish, and that's if you're not lactating. I got pregnant after my stillbirth very quickly (2 months later) and had my first healthy rainbow baby after. Many women in my support groups have gotten pregnant very quickly afterwards. It's doable. But it's advised to wait due to PSTD (yes, you can get that if you weren't serving in the military), mental health and physical health. We waited between early miscarriages to get pregnant again.

I really think this is just her first period after her IUD was taken out. I never had an IUD but I just googled what it's like to get them taken out and what to expect and clotty bleeding is very common.
I already commented somewhere - that's what I had right after my IUD removal. Also just like Jared said lightheaded and pain. That's exactly what I had. And I know for sure I wasn't pregnant.

CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

HelloSweetie wrote:

Just my thoughts!
1. If her HCG was at all elevated they would likely test to follow through. They wouldn't tell you that you aren't pregnant based on quantitative analysis if you haven't had your period because the number could be climbing.

2. I absolutely think she had a fake positive. I think she tested until she finally had a positive, and then refused to believe the subsequent negatives. She beloved what she wanted to see and wouldn't listen to reason. I think her family were likely trying to caution her based on how they all remained quiet. Even Cullen seemed a bit wary about the line he saw (didn't see).

3. Every woman has a different cycle length. Her period isn't late unless she did in fact ovulate at Disneyland. They didn't temp, so no one knows for sure.

4. I think Ellie was just eating more because she thought she could be pregnant. Yes she was eating crap, but she also seemed to be eating more at meals as well. (Ellie usually eats junk food but doesn't eat a lot of actual meals throughout the day).

I have no doubt Ellie thought she was pregnant. I think she thought it the whole time! I think she jumped on a. Positive pregnancy test and just didn't want to see the obvious.... no matter how obvious it was.

Ignorance is bliss.
I don't know, I think a medical professional could easily tell the different in HCG levels between pregnant or not pregnant. Also, on the phone (so we know they're not lying) we hear her say "your levels are lower then we expect for how far along you are". I really think that since she said "how far along you are" the nurse is saying that the numbers indicate that Ellie is pregnant, but dropping since she's having a miscarriage. If they were at a non-pregnancy low I really think she'd say at the very least 'they indicate it's possible you're not pregnant or it's very early'.

I see what you mean about Ellie thinking she was pregnant, I agree that's a possibility. I do think that the fact that she showed us the pregnancy test really does indicate that she's not TRYING to deceive us. But when you consider the phone call and the ovulation test and the body changes I think it would be a huge coincidence for it to be a fake positive, I mean that's really uncommon and coupled with all the other factors I think it's really unlikely. I agree it's possible the ovulation test could be wrong but I don't really see any reason to think that, they're usually accurate. Or even if it was wrong I think it's more likely that she got pregnant at a later date when she really did ovulate rather then her not being pregnant at all.

As for the weight gain, that's something I still think strongly points towards pregnancy...she wasn't eating THAT much more to make her body change so much so fast, I think all those snacks are normal for her. Ellie is normally so skeletal I really think something else was going on.

But, we'll never know for sure! We can agree to disagree :)
CaliMae17
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by CaliMae17 »

On Jared's twitter pregnancy announcement, if you zoom in on the test, the +sign is noticeably dark. Why was she squinting on Mother's Day to see a line, but there was a blaring positive on that picture? I'm confused.
pirateayy07
Informer
Informer

Unread post by pirateayy07 »

Callie, maybe I misunderstand your first paragraph in response to HS. But I will say from my own experience as a medical professional and as a patient. I think the nurse's statement was her way of wording it without hurting Ellie's feelings, or saying "your level doesn't equate with someone who is 6wks pregnant", or you're not 6wks pregnant girlfriend! She's SAYING that without it exactly coming off rude or distrustful of what Ellie was thinking.

We as professionals can be guilty at times of wording things that may give ppl false hope in dismal circumstances. So I think this may have been the nurses best way at telling her. She wasn't confirming that she's indeed 6wks or even potentially because there's no way to even confirm ovulation unless they did an u/s to check for a corpus luteum, or bloodwork to check her progesterone levels.

And I'm leaning towards her weight gain being due to her subconsciously consuming more calories simply because she felt as though she had an excuse to by TTC.
Last edited by pirateayy07 on Fri May 19, 2017 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

If they really do have a deal with clear blue, this is my theory...
She was really pregnant, and she received a positive awhile back. I think she was probably testing every day using internet cheapies. They already planned to announce on mother's day, and the test leasing up to it weren't getting darker, but lighter. That's why they acted so weird.

I have no doubt she was pregnant with the nurse saying for "how far along she you" I think that confirms she did have hcG level that is considered pregnant, but really low.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

CaliMae17 wrote:On Jared's twitter pregnancy announcement, if you zoom in on the test, the +sign is noticeably dark. Why was she squinting on Mother's Day to see a line, but there was a blaring positive on that picture? I'm confused.
Photoshop. It's been discussed here since day 1. And Jared is known to use PS all the time to fudge with the thumbnail photos...all YTers do it!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: the body changes.

They weren't pregnancy related, they couldn't be.

She didn't get a positive until Mother's Day right? She had a negative test one week prior. So she was at most 7 days post implantation. The body changes she kept talking about could in no way be caused by a pregnancy that hadn't even happened yet.

*Edited to correct the math.
CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

pirateayy07 wrote:Callie, maybe I misunderstand your first paragraph in response to HS. But I will say from my own experience as a medical professional and as a patient. I think the nurse's statement was her way of wording it without hurting Ellie's feelings, or saying "your level doesn't equate with someone who is 6wks pregnant", or you're not 6wks pregnant girlfriend! She's SAYING that without it exactly coming off rude or distrustful of what Ellie was thinking.

We as professionals can be guilty at times of wording things that may give ppl false hope in dismal circumstances. So I think this may have been the nurses best way at telling her. She wasn't confirming that she's indeed 6wks or even potentially because there's no way to even confirm ovulation unless they did an u/s to check for a corpus luteum, or bloodwork to check her progesterone levels.

And I'm leaning towards her weight gain being due to her subconsciously consuming more calories simply because she felt as though she had an excuse to by TTC.
I definetly agree that health professionals can word things to give people false hope or just be polite, and I do think that's what she was doing. However, the way I interpreted it was she was tactfully saying 'you are pregnant but it's not viable' and giving her false hope of not miscarrying, instead of her tactfully saying 'hey you're not pregnant'. Because if she wasn't pregnant, there's really nothing to give false hope about, I think it would be obvious and she'd say 'I'm really sorry but your blood test was negative.' Also, I think it makes more sense to try to be tactful and polite like she was doing when suggesting a miscarriage. Miscarriages are tramautic, and upsetting. If she knew Ellie wasn't pregnant, I think the nurse would be upfront about it, and rightfully so because honestly there's NO reason to be upset over not getting pregnant your very first month of trying. I don't think the nurse would think she had any reason to be sensitive about that. Miscarriage on the other hand, I think it makes a lot more sense for her to say what she said without straight up breaking the bad news. I could be wrong though!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

CallieT wrote:
pirateayy07 wrote:Callie, maybe I misunderstand your first paragraph in response to HS. But I will say from my own experience as a medical professional and as a patient. I think the nurse's statement was her way of wording it without hurting Ellie's feelings, or saying "your level doesn't equate with someone who is 6wks pregnant", or you're not 6wks pregnant girlfriend! She's SAYING that without it exactly coming off rude or distrustful of what Ellie was thinking.

I definetly agree that health professionals can word things to give people false hope or just be polite, and I do think that's what she was doing. However, the way I interpreted it was she was tactfully saying 'you are pregnant but it's not viable' and giving her false hope of not miscarrying, instead of her tactfully saying 'hey you're not pregnant'. Because if she wasn't pregnant, there's really nothing to give false hope about, I think it would be obvious and she'd say 'I'm really sorry but your blood test was negative.' Also, I think it makes more sense to try to be tactful and polite like she was doing when suggesting a miscarriage. Miscarriages are tramautic, and upsetting. If she knew Ellie wasn't pregnant, I think the nurse would be upfront about it, and rightfully so because honestly there's NO reason to be upset over not getting pregnant your very first month of trying. I don't think the nurse would think she had any reason to be sensitive about that. Miscarriage on the other hand, I think it makes a lot more sense for her to say what she said without straight up breaking the bad news. I could be wrong though!
But if she hadn't had her period yet she could be pregnant. One hCG test alone means very little post-ovulation unless you know how many dpo it is. This is why they test every 48 hrs.

The re-test on Thursday would have confirmed a viable (or possibly non-viable) pregnancy, confirmed a loss, or would have revealed that it was unlikely for Ellie to have ever been pregnant that cycle.
Last edited by HelloSweetie on Fri May 19, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Refrigerator_Light »

See, we keep going back and forth about whether she was pregnant (I think no...) or if she had her period (yup!), but the biggest factor to me has been the complete silence on social media from them! If this was truly a "normal" miscarriage, why are they hiding? Why aren't they responding to the support from their minions? Their actions are very telling and very bizarre!
blahblahblahhh
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by blahblahblahhh »

HelloSweetie wrote:Re: the body changes.

They weren't pregnancy related, they couldn't be.

She didn't get a positive until Mother's Day right? She had a negative test one week prior. So she was at most 7 days post implantation. The body changes she kept talking about could in no way be caused by a pregnancy that hadn't even happened yet.

*Edited to correct the math.
Didn't they admit in the announcement video that they had been testing every single day prior, as well? It's not possible to be far along enough to have gained 6+ lbs., and "a cup and a half" to your boobs, and not even be able to get a positive test. The weight she is now looks similar to the weight she was pre Jackson, so obviously skeletal is not her "natural" state. We have all seen her toddler sized meal portions. If you have starved yourself and lowered your metabolism for close to 2 years now, then yes some decent sized meals and fattening late night snacks will easily pack on a few pounds.

Bethypooh51
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bethypooh51 »

Just an observation ...what are the chances that they had a sponsorship with ClearBlue pregnancy tests? Look at how Ellie is holding the test so you can see what kind of test they are using. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201705 ... 789a12.png[/img]

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

ja14 wrote:If they really do have a deal with clear blue, this is my theory...
She was really pregnant, and she received a positive awhile back. I think she was probably testing every day using internet cheapies. They already planned to announce on mother's day, and the test leasing up to it weren't getting darker, but lighter. That's why they acted so weird.

I have no doubt she was pregnant with the nurse saying for "how far along she you" I think that confirms she did have hcG level that is considered pregnant, but really low.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Ohhh see now I like your theory better than my own. Lol this is a good one.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”