The Ellie Show: FUN! Edition Part #28

thanksalatte
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Ellie Show: FUN! Edition Part #28

Unread post by thanksalatte »

SweetDreams wrote:What bothered me about today's video was the way they talked about negativity vs positivity. It's like sharing anything REAL that's not sunshine and butterflies is considered negative to them. I wish they could better embrace the hardships of life without just covering them up with fake smiles and canned words. The positive attitudes seem so forced. I get it, life gets hard, but there's gotta be ways to share those days in an honest way without completely feeling exposed (but come on, you vlog for a living of course you will feel exposed sometimes). Even this q&a video where they did kinda open up about things was ended with the "WE'RE SO POSITIVE" message. I call bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel the same. I still feel put off by the whole pregnancy deal because it all seemed fake to me (I didn't browse this site at the time it happened, not sure if that is a common opinion). They definitely acknowledged that they have hardships, but everything is always candy coated, even the hard stuff they want to document so badly.

Also the i-card promo of yesterday's failed video right when she starts talking about the juicy stuff. Can't tell if I think it's a good idea (so it'll reach people who just click to that part) or if the whole video was just bait because their numbers have been mediocre? Maybe I'm being too critical.

Though I agree that she looked really nice in this video.
imnottired
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imnottired »

I think E and J chased away thier main audience. For the most part, adults and parents would watch them. I'm not sure if they were trying to transition to a toy channel or whatever the fuck thier gameplan was, but I think it backfired.

Don't get me wrong, there will be those die hard fans that will hang on until the very end, but I think we're beginning to see the end of E and J. I just hope they have a back up plan for a career.
Ceirsten8676
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ceirsten8676 »

It's Dallon. The captions have it spelled that way too

littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

ewokfan11 wrote:
littlebaby wrote:So regardless of what name they said, I'm REALLY surprised they said any name at all. Isn't that against all YouTube norms when thinking about future views and name reveals and blah blah blah? Also.. Jackson, Calvin, Dallon? Yikes..
I think they were f'ing with everyone... that wasn't a real name.
Someone mentioned Dallon is a popular name in Utah.. I wouldn't put it passed them lmao.

wonderwoman123
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by wonderwoman123 »

I'm sorry but come on. Have they convinced themselves that this was an actual miscarriage and we are just supposed to believe them. If that is true, let us see a copy of the miscarriage diagnosis you received from your doctor. We just do not believe you! You clearly did this for the money you receive from the pregnancy test company. We are not stupid people. Unfortunately, the adults who watched your channel knew better. You can get away with it for the kids that watch you though because they have yet to learn that people will do anything for money in this world. Including Ellie and Jared. It is sad. Also, you are not emotionally ready to have a baby now? BS Ellie, you are not getting pregnant so you have made that excuse up. If you got pregnant next month you would be SO EXCITED! You guys got sucked into this with all the money you were getting. Then you blew it. How about being honest with your viewers. This video today was clearly an I'm sorry video, we screwed up. However, it is disguised very well so that nobody realizes it. Start being honest!
phie20
Informer
Informer

Unread post by phie20 »

littlebaby wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:
littlebaby wrote:So regardless of what name they said, I'm REALLY surprised they said any name at all. Isn't that against all YouTube norms when thinking about future views and name reveals and blah blah blah? Also.. Jackson, Calvin, Dallon? Yikes..
I think they were f'ing with everyone... that wasn't a real name.
Someone mentioned Dallon is a popular name in Utah.. I wouldn't put it passed them lmao.

Just to clarify: I got that info from the comment section, I'm not from Utah so idk if it really is a thing there :?

Is Dallon a unisex name?
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I threw this out there when it first happened, but what if they got a bonus from ClearBlue if they got a positive on Mother's Day? Idk of any other reason for it to be so rushed and for the whole situation to play out the way it did on camera. What if Clearblue told them if they got pregnant by mothers day they would give them bonus cash, but Ellie knew she wasn't pregnant. they filmed it, then had to use Ellie getting her period as a miscarriage so they could still get that ClearBlue money. This would make sense by the lack of emotion when she was testing, the weird pre filmed Big Brother stuff... As fast as their channel is headed south, i can see them doing all this just to cash a bigger check from ClearBlue. It would be totally shitty of ClearBlue to offer them that sort of deal though... (or she never got her period at all and just faked the whole thing. I mean idk about yall but riding bikes in white shorts is not something i would happily do on day 2 of a miscarriage or my period. If she never got one, that makes sense as well as many of us have speculated that she doesn't have enough body fat to ovulate right now. They could keep saying they aren't trying if she's not having a period, bc that would be an excuse as to why she's not pregnant yet.)
I hope that when they do start trying again that this whole situation will knock Ellie and her pregnant farts down a few notches.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

I feel like Ellie and Jared did pretty well today, all things considered. However, I think someone already said this (HS?) but I do think that it was strategically timed and titled to get the views up. I also find it really infuriating when Jared talks for Ellie, even if I don't always like what Ellie has to say.
I read the comments here before I watched the vlog and was kind of expecting more of an apology from them for oversharing and being insensitive (don't know what made me think that would happen!) and instead got a convoluted speech just about how they would do it differently next time, and how comments can be hurtful, etc. All of this REALLY makes me wonder about vlogging, though. I mean, we've said it many times, but it's so baffling to me how someone could think their life is interesting enough to broadcast to millions of people (and yet, I am one of those millions who watch them!) and open themselves up to such scrutiny. Also, the impact on the family, especially the children, has to be enormous. I'd like to see studies on these kids when they get older to look at the effects this crap has had on them.

One more thing- I don't understand how anything remotely negative (i.e. maybe it's not a good idea to let your child jump head-first into a hot tub) is always seen by commenters (who are usually kids or tweens) as 'hating'. I wonder if this is a product of children not being taught how to give and receive constructive criticism these days.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Ellie was fine just a few days afterward. True many people can hide how they are feeling, but Ellie isn't one of them. The way she spoke about the miscarriage in today's vlog didn't seem genuine to me. I've been on the fence about whether she had a true loss or not, but after listening to her talk I'm now almost certain she found out that there was no trace of hcg in her blood, hence her saying she's "confused." Sorry, but as someone that has had many losses, confused was not at the top of my emotions. Scared, angry, frustrated, devastated, guilty, etc.... those are more common emotions than confusion. I know Ellie has a limited vocabulary, but it just goes so much farther than the word "sad." For her to be seemingly more upset now than a few days post-mc, it makes me think she's really sad because she has since realized that infertility is still an issue. She's confused that God isn't continuing to bless them, and she's sad that she can't get what she wants right away.

Not filming when they feel they have gotten hate just seems like a child taking their toys and going home if they can't win. Similarly, so is this new argument about not wanting to reveal too much until they are ready. They got pushback for valid reasons, but instead of trying to empathize with their IF audience, they have chosen to shut them out altogether.

I guess the talk just didn't seem as genuine to me. There were too many "we" answers for me to believe hey hadn't scripted everything. One things is for certain, in definitely glad that my husband are each individuals able to answer questions differently without having our lives so intertwined. E&J literally are becoming the same person with the same job, day, interests, etc. Is it really this way though? Definitely seems fake to me!
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

The Ellie Show: FUN! Edition Part #28

Unread post by littlebaby »

phie20 wrote:
littlebaby wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote: I think they were f'ing with everyone... that wasn't a real name.

Just to clarify: I got that info from the comment section, I'm not from Utah so idk if it really is a thing there :?

Is Dallon a unisex name?
I looked it up before I posted that comment and it seems like a thing out there. There's a few "famous" Dallons apparently? What an awful name imo. I also recall a website with a huge list of "Utah" names because apparently the Mormons go crazy trying to have unique white people names. It was a humorous list and reminded me of the photo of a pregnant woman with three awful "unique" names crossed out and a new also awful name circled for the next baby.

Edit: Clarification! It was a list of possible baby names and the circled one is the one she chose. I think it's hilarious.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201707 ... c60e1f.jpg[/img]

Anyway, back to E+J, it's Interesting if it is a unisex name, or at least if they're treating it like one. They don't seem like the type of people to go with a name like that. I'm obsessed with traditional boy names for girls, but if they're expecting to get pregnant with a girl, I can't imagine they'd go with that name so it's strange that's the name they chose to share. Or like other people said, it could just be a joke and/or they're throwing us off entirely.

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

HelloSweetie wrote:Ellie was fine just a few days afterward. True many people can hide how they are feeling, but Ellie isn't one of them. The way she spoke about the miscarriage in today's vlog didn't seem genuine to me. I've been on the fence about whether she had a true loss or not, but after listening to her talk I'm now almost certain she found out that there was no trace of hcg in her blood, hence her saying she's "confused." Sorry, but as someone that has had many losses, confused was not at the top of my emotions. Scared, angry, frustrated, devastated, guilty, etc.... those are more common emotions than confusion. I know Ellie has a limited vocabulary, but it just goes so much farther than the word "sad." For her to be seemingly more upset now than a few days post-mc, it makes me think she's really sad because she has since realized that infertility is still an issue. She's confused that God isn't continuing to bless them, and she's sad that she can't get what she wants right away.

Not filming when they feel they have gotten hate just seems like a child taking their toys and going home if they can't win. Similarly, so is this new argument about not wanting to reveal too much until they are ready. They got pushback for valid reasons, but instead of trying to empathize with their IF audience, they have chosen to shut them out altogether.

I guess the talk just didn't seem as genuine to me. There were too many "we" answers for me to believe hey hadn't scripted everything. One things is for certain, in definitely glad that my husband are each individuals able to answer questions differently without having our lives so intertwined. E&J literally are becoming the same person with the same job, day, interests, etc. Is it really this way though? Definitely seems fake to me!
All of this!!! I feel like they did well "all things considered", but yeah, I think you've hit the nail on the head here.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

littlebaby wrote:
phie20 wrote:
littlebaby wrote: Someone mentioned Dallon is a popular name in Utah.. I wouldn't put it passed them lmao.

Is Dallon a unisex name?
I looked it up before I posted that comment and it seems like a thing out there. There's a few "famous" Dallons apparently? What an awful name imo. I also recall a website with a huge list of "Utah" names because apparently the Mormons go crazy trying to have unique white people names. It was a humorous list and reminded me of the photo of a pregnant woman with three awful "unique" names crossed out and a new also awful name circled for the next baby.

Edit: Clarification! It was a list of possible baby names and the circled one is the one she chose. I think it's hilarious.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201707 ... c60e1f.jpg[/img]

Anyway, back to E+J, it's Interesting if it is a unisex name, or at least if they're treating it like one. They don't seem like the type of people to go with a name like that. I'm obsessed with traditional boy names for girls, but if they're expecting to get pregnant with a girl, I can't imagine they'd go with that name so it's strange that's the name they chose to share. Or like other people said, it could just be a joke and/or they're throwing us off entirely.

"Nayvie"? WTF. What are they going to name her sister? Armee?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I watched. And now want to vomit.
Plus side, she looks refreshed and rested
But.. I still don't think it was a genuine preggers announcement -the time line, dropped Dr call audio, and now the 'explanation of feelings' while not looking into the camera.. nope sorry. Hope making me sit through the 30 second ad can buy you another box of uncrustables
I know the word you want. It's embarrassed! You poor precious pearls, you had your feelings hurt, just yesterday you could have shared the LOVE with the other brothers who vlog. You could have taken a 2 min chat with Em who has been through loss. You have so many opportunities presented to you but you're still super selfish and very childish for a grown woman.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201707 ... 0c4da3.png[/img]

Well this is an interesting comment. Image I'm not sure what vlogs they've been watching??

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Shorty02 wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201707 ... 0c4da3.png[/img]

Well this is an interesting comment. Image I'm not sure what vlogs they've been watching??

I saw that comment and a few others, but I don't have the time to see what world the commenter comes from

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

ImageImageImage

amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

natalka81 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:Ellie was fine just a few days afterward. True many people can hide how they are feeling, but Ellie isn't one of them. The way she spoke about the miscarriage in today's vlog didn't seem genuine to me. I've been on the fence about whether she had a true loss or not, but after listening to her talk I'm now almost certain she found out that there was no trace of hcg in her blood, hence her saying she's "confused." Sorry, but as someone that has had many losses, confused was not at the top of my emotions. Scared, angry, frustrated, devastated, guilty, etc.... those are more common emotions than confusion. I know Ellie has a limited vocabulary, but it just goes so much farther than the word "sad." For her to be seemingly more upset now than a few days post-mc, it makes me think she's really sad because she has since realized that infertility is still an issue. She's confused that God isn't continuing to bless them, and she's sad that she can't get what she wants right away.

All of this!!! I feel like they did well "all things considered", but yeah, I think you've hit the nail on the head here.
You're so right. I am definitely under the impression Ellie had a mental breakdown during the time of the "miscarriage". I do not believe she had a miscarriage. Knowing her, or what they show us about her, she would be milking in the comments 24/7. Not hide away. I respectfully say mental breakdown, because I know it's a serious issue, she isnt likely going to get help for it. I absolutely called it that if she ever spoke of the "miscarriage" it would be so transparent that she didnt have it, based on what she says. Those who have had miscarriages, like myself, or those who had close friends who had them will know Ellie isnt being genuine.
BlueMountains
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BlueMountains »

I hope the the name to their next baby isn't Dallon, its not that bad I've heard worse, but definitely doesn't go with the boys names. Jackson, Calvin and Dallon would sound too similar and repition of the -in/on.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

Ceirsten8676 wrote:It's Dallon. The captions have it spelled that way too

Well it's a Utah name.
onbreak