HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: E+J: 4 Bites of Tender Steak. PART 30

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

jillvstheworld wrote:
Ducklings4 wrote:
gymchick43 wrote:Did you notice the start of today's vlog didn't have a intro and instead it was little preview clips of the vlog like how ruby starts her vlogs? Lol Jared taking notes //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201709 ... ba5173.png

Also interesting, Carls tweet:

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201709 ... a7885b.jpg

Ellie's reply:

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201709 ... 4a0706.jpg

Doesn't Ellie realize that they are guilty of this with the kids as well as ALL of the Griffiths! lol Bonnie coming to mind with the hand slicing and ruby many times. I honestly kinda agree with this carl guy, like who thinks "let me grab the camera before treating my injured child"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ellie and Jared with Jackson's bee sting

And let's not forget how they pulled out the camera when Calvin stopped breathing not once, but TWICE, and then didn't call 911 or get him to the ER. Ellie's such a damn hypocrite.
She also pulled the camera out right away after she lost (and found) Jackson that one time in the city.
canmom2
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by canmom2 »

onbreak wrote:
Cgl33 wrote:She's been sweet to Jackson ever since he was the one, not Calvin, to be excited about a baby brother or sister. It's all about Ellie, after all.
Ihow can you not be excited when your dingbat mother says the baby will be here in a minute

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
Yeah remember when that happened. I was thinking that was a stupid thing to say to a 3 year old.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Bethypooh51 wrote:So I have been watching 8 passengers. Not because I like them but because I want to figure out why they are doing so much better then Ellie and Jared and these are my observations. As annoying as Ruby is she really does vlog real life. Like the kids having a tantrums and hitting each other, and all kinds of moments that real families have...unedited. I know she edits a lot out, but not like Ellie and Jared. Ellie and Jared's life is so sterile and unrelatable. Like they are afraid to show us who they really are. Ruby's husband still works so you get a real feel for what life is like for a mom with a large family to take care. Honestly I am not a Ruby fan but she does take motherhood to the next level. I think a lot of LDS woman are like that though. They at least appear to be supermoms on the outside. I sure hope her husband doesn't quit his job because I honestly think that it will change her whole channel if he does. Like I used to love Bonnie when it was just Bonnie and the kids with Joel when he was home from work but now that Joel doesn't work it is just not the same. Ok those were my observations. Note to Jared - stop your silly lectures!! They are annoying and none of us watch them!!!

Okay, hello! It's posts like this that make YTMD literally one of the BEST business tools for vloggers. Honest and well thought-out input from your toughest critics, open to access for free, anonymously?? Ding ding ding. Any vloggers looking to improve their numbers (aren't they all?) who don't read here are just plain stupid.

But anyway, while I don't agree with everything you said about 8passengers (I'll leave that topic for another thread haha), I do see where you were going with your point. I think that, another key element that separates 8 passengers and Bonnie (and other successful channels) from E+J is that Ruby and Bonnie know who their audience is and they produce content accordingly. Ellie and Jared on the other hand, are all over the place with what audience they're trying to target. It's like, they're constantly trying to have their cake and eat it too, but that's just not how it works!

When E+J first started, they were purely adult audience oriented. Then, for whatever reason (maybe they realized their BFF DB's success was coming from the younger demographic), they started to water it down - bring in more "FUN", "NEW" and "EXCITING" content to attract the kids. That worked for them for a little while, but then when they decided to go back to their old roots and try and go more adult oriented again (fertility talk and all of the ~juicy~ [literally] *gag* details) they tried to water it down at the same time to appease their child audience.

They need to realize they just can't do both! They need to pick a target audience and stick to it - and go full throttle with the content instead of half-assing and "playing it safe". Because what they have now resembles something of melted vanilla ice cream that has also been watered down - unappealing and unappetizing for vanilla ice cream lovers and water lovers alike.

P.S. You're welcome Ellie and Jared. The Pits of HellImage would like to receive our payment in the form of 10,000 Lush bombs. Come on, pay up. We know about your secret stash. Image
canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

HelloSweetie wrote:Just watched today's vlog. Does it bother anyone else that Ellie immediately turned the camera on instead of giving Cal that lesson? How did she not call Jared in a panic? Something about it seemed off. Obviously she was stressed because she was out of breath, but she obviously wasn't panicked before she walked to the front door or she would have shouted to Jared right? Being so out of breath to me suggests she found him far enough outside that she had a real chance to panic, and/or had to run to him.

They are at the end of their road, but just past their street are two other roads running the opposite direction of theirs. If he made it to either of those roads he could get hit by a car or lost very easily.
Yes i agree i think he was further away ot into something she looked scared. I dont think here laughing had to do with oh this is funny as much as she was scared. I think she might of found him in a dangerous situation. She did nothing when he stopped breathing, nothing when he almost drowned and nothing when he fell backwards and hit his head. And because she shared it with us i think it really scared her.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

These two are recreating e+j beach pic. lol I was watching out for Ellie having a bump but she's wearing her shower curtain again. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201709 ... 7ed92e.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201709 ... 3dc9c3.jpg[/img]

littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

Random question, are the numbers for the amount of new posts in each thread wrong for anyone else on Tapatalk? This thread said 12 new posts but there was just one I haven't read.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

littlebaby wrote:Random question, are the numbers for the amount of new posts in each thread wrong for anyone else on Tapatalk? This thread said 12 new posts but there was just one I haven't read.

Yes! I will get a notification saying that there are "25 unread posts" and I will think something juicy happened. And nope.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:These two are recreating e+j beach pic. lol I was watching out for Ellie having a bump but she's wearing her shower curtain again. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201709 ... 7ed92e.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201709 ... 3dc9c3.jpg[/img]

Can I just say-- EWWW? If they were really a couple, I wouldn't have a problem. But ick. And it just proves how staged those pictures of Ellie and Jared kissing are. Real people just don't do that. It's like they're trying to convince us how in love they are. Or maybe themselves.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Bethypooh51
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bethypooh51 »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
Bethypooh51 wrote:So I have been watching 8 passengers. Not because I like them but because I want to figure out why they are doing so much better then Ellie and Jared and these are my observations. As annoying as Ruby is she really does vlog real life. Like the kids having a tantrums and hitting each other, and all kinds of moments that real families have...unedited. I know she edits a lot out, but not like Ellie and Jared. Ellie and Jared's life is so sterile and unrelatable. Like they are afraid to show us who they really are. Ruby's husband still works so you get a real feel for what life is like for a mom with a large family to take care. Honestly I am not a Ruby fan but she does take motherhood to the next level. I think a lot of LDS woman are like that though. They at least appear to be supermoms on the outside. I sure hope her husband doesn't quit his job because I honestly think that it will change her whole channel if he does. Like I used to love Bonnie when it was just Bonnie and the kids with Joel when he was home from work but now that Joel doesn't work it is just not the same. Ok those were my observations. Note to Jared - stop your silly lectures!! They are annoying and none of us watch them!!!

Okay, hello! It's posts like this that make YTMD literally one of the BEST business tools for vloggers. Honest and well thought-out input from your toughest critics, open to access for free, anonymously?? Ding ding ding. Any vloggers looking to improve their numbers (aren't they all?) who don't read here are just plain stupid.

But anyway, while I don't agree with everything you said about 8passengers (I'll leave that topic for another thread haha), I do see where you were going with your point. I think that, another key element that separates 8 passengers and Bonnie (and other successful channels) from E+J is that Ruby and Bonnie know who their audience is and they produce content accordingly. Ellie and Jared on the other hand, are all over the place with what audience they're trying to target. It's like, they're constantly trying to have their cake and eat it too, but that's just not how it works!

When E+J first started, they were purely adult audience oriented. Then, for whatever reason (maybe they realized their BFF DB's success was coming from the younger demographic), they started to water it down - bring in more "FUN", "NEW" and "EXCITING" content to attract the kids. That worked for them for a little while, but then when they decided to go back to their old roots and try and go more adult oriented again (fertility talk and all of the ~juicy~ [literally] *gag* details) they tried to water it down at the same time to appease their child audience.

They need to realize they just can't do both! They need to pick a target audience and stick to it - and go full throttle with the content instead of half-assing and "playing it safe". Because what they have now resembles something of melted vanilla ice cream that has also been watered down - unappealing and unappetizing for vanilla ice cream lovers and water lovers alike.

P.S. You're welcome Ellie and Jared. The Pits of HellImage would like to receive our payment in the form of 10,000 Lush bombs. Come on, pay up. We know about your secret stash. Image
Loved your post and totally agree with you 100%!!!

winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

HelloSweetie wrote:Just watched today's vlog. Does it bother anyone else that Ellie immediately turned the camera on instead of giving Cal that lesson? How did she not call Jared in a panic? Something about it seemed off. Obviously she was stressed because she was out of breath, but she obviously wasn't panicked before she walked to the front door or she would have shouted to Jared right? Being so out of breath to me suggests she found him far enough outside that she had a real chance to panic, and/or had to run to him.

They are at the end of their road, but just past their street are two other roads running the opposite direction of theirs. If he made it to either of those roads he could get hit by a car or lost very easily.
I was actually surprised that she vlogged during the action for once. Normally it would be her and Jared closing the vlog and she would slip in something like, "I'm so thankful for my kids, life is so short, Calvin scared us today".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

winniewise wrote: I was actually surprised that she vlogged during the action for once. Normally it would be her and Jared closing the vlog and she would slip in something like, "I'm so thankful for my kids, life is so short, Calvin scared us today".

Yeah, I agree with this. I could see how some could argue that, "No matter what they do, they just can't win!" In fact, I was kind of waiting for a response trying to call us out on that.

But the problem is, she finally vlogged something "in the moment" at the worst time! Like, of all the times they've given us a lame summary of something that happened that they didn't vlog, and she chooses THIS time to vlog in the moment??? Where is the logic with these people? I'm tired of trying to find it.
PenelopeG
Informer
Informer

Unread post by PenelopeG »

Ok I am at the mall where they are. I'm not going to meet them but I'll be around. About 30 minutes before the event and there's only 15 people in line. There's no stage set up or anything it's just a line which is weird because the events here usually have a stage

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

winniewise wrote: I was actually surprised that she vlogged during the action for once. Normally it would be her and Jared closing the vlog and she would slip in something like, "I'm so thankful for my kids, life is so short, Calvin scared us today".

Yeah, I agree with this. I could see how some could argue that, "No matter what they do, they just can't win!" In fact, I was kind of waiting for a response trying to call us out on that.

But the problem is, she finally vlogged something "in the moment" at the worst time! Like, of all the times they've given us a lame summary of something that happened that they didn't vlog, and she chooses THIS time to vlog in the moment??? Where is the logic with these people? I'm tired of trying to find it.
Exactly. I feel like 5 minutes later (after she had reprimanded Cal and given him a good talking to) would have still been "in the moment" but would have felt a little less exploitative. I mean, we have to assume she took Cal into the office so she could get the vlog camera right? She obviously didn't have it in her hand already. And why didn't Jared know right away?

What lesson is Cal going to learn when his mom is cuddling him and talking to him through the viewfinder? Maybe he will understand, but I really feel that using an incident like that for vlog entertainment then has an upside, and I really wouldn't want my kids to ever get that impression.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:

Exactly. I feel like 5 minutes later (after she had reprimanded Cal and given him a good talking to) would have still been "in the moment" but would have felt a little less exploitative. I mean, we have to assume she took Cal into the office so she could get the vlog camera right? She obviously didn't have it in her hand already. And why didn't Jared know right away?

What lesson is Cal going to learn when his mom is cuddling him and talking to him through the viewfinder? Maybe he will understand, but I really feel that using an incident like that for vlog entertainment then has an upside, and I really wouldn't want my kids to ever get that impression.
Yep! Agree with all of this.

I've been wondering about Jared too. The only thing I can think of is that he was downstairs putting Jackson to bed and Ellie was caught up in the moment once she realized Cal was gone and just went into action. BUT the thing that gets me is, if Jared was putting Jackson to bed, I would assume Ellie would've/should've been putting Calvin to bed at the same time? What could she have been doing for so long at this time that made her think, "Oh I should probably check on Calvin?" Especially if she didn't notice/hear him unlocking (he had to have had to try a couple of times) and opening the front door and everything.

I get that sometimes things like that can "happen so fast" but, I don't know... it's very questionable.
GetYouTubesTied
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by GetYouTubesTied »

nutbagmcgee wrote:The cookbook will be a disaster. The only thing I could see being interested in is the bread/rolls.
Cover design? Check. Absolutely radiant.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

The other question I have is how Cal got out of his room since they used to lock him in? Maybe it was just that he didn't use to know how to open the door, and now he does?
pplove85
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pplove85 »

HelloSweetie wrote:The other question I have is how Cal got out of his room since they used to lock him in? Maybe it was just that he didn't use to know how to open the door, and now he does?
I think Ellie said they usually wake up from the sound Calvin opening the lock in his door but this time they forgot to lock it
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

GetYouTubesTied wrote:
nutbagmcgee wrote:The cookbook will be a disaster. The only thing I could see being interested in is the bread/rolls.
Cover design? Check. Absolutely radiant.
A+ work! ImageImageImage
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

I'm not a fan of Ellie or Jared's, but I really do think that Jared is a far more attentive parent. All the incidents that the boys have had so far have been while Jared wasn't there. For Calvin's first incident not breathing, Ellie had to call Jared to come into the room. The time at the store she was with Bonnie and Jared wasn't there. Then there was the time she lost Jackson near that skating rink, and now this time where she just needed to check on Cal. People give Missy crap for not being attentive enough to her boys and always being distracted, but I don't think that Ellie is that much better. I think she's become so dependent on Jared that she actually relies on him to help watch the boys too much, or bad things happen. Ellie is "off" in the evening when they are done vlogging right? What if she just retreats to her bedroom and doesn't even listen for the boys after that. I'm thinking the first indication she should check on Calvin was the fact that his door was open.

The whole story makes no sense to me, and I think it's because something is being hidden. Either it didn't happen like Ellie says at all, or it was much worse than described. I'll also admit there is a part of me wondering if she sets these incidents up for attention. That would be crazy I know, but what supposedly happens, and how it is handled later just don't add up.

Plus we know the scene with Cal locking himself in the bathroom that one time was definitely a set up so they do have a history of these things.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

PenelopeG wrote:Ok I am at the mall where they are. I'm not going to meet them but I'll be around. About 30 minutes before the event and there's only 15 people in line. There's no stage set up or anything it's just a line which is weird because the events here usually have a stage

How did it go???

Return to “Ellie and Jared”