episa
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J: 4 Bites of Tender Steak. PART 30

Unread post by episa »

stylesp1girl wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:And autism is a spectrum. People think of autism like Hollywood has portrayed it. Like Rain Man. There's all kinds of manifestations. I have no idea if Calvin actually has it or not. But saying he doesn't because he laughs and is responsive isn't right either.
That's one reason I get so angry at anti-vaxxers. As if autism is the worst thing that could happen to your child.
Justmyperception, thank you for sharing. You probably helped some people understand. My son has Asperger's, and we didn't really pick up on it until the third grade. But we did get him lots of help, and he's thriving. Hang in there!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I do understand all of that about autism. I have family with it. I just look at Calvin and see a boy who chooses not to talk and who seems to study things closely. I think they are going to find he is very bright. He appears very studious. What I'm saying is I think he's quiet because he is studying everything. IMO
So agreed. I don't think there is anything wrong with Calvin. I think he talks more when cameras are off. I have a boy the same age and he can't talk in sentences. He talks more and more and every time I try to get it on camera he gets shy. Calvin seems more shy and quiet and that is ok to! I am appalled actually about how mean som people in here are about those small kids. That does definetly not make you any better than what you critizise others about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

episa wrote:
So agreed. I don't think there is anything wrong with Calvin. I think he talks more when cameras are off. I have a boy the same age and he can't talk in sentences. He talks more and more and every time I try to get it on camera he gets shy. Calvin seems more shy and quiet and that is ok to! I am appalled actually about how mean som people in here are about those small kids. That does definetly not make you any better than what you critizise others about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This isn't about your child, and unless you have had a camera on him a large part of the day, his ENTIRE LIFE, it isn't the same. Ellie and Jared IG the boys all the time, and Cal doesn't talk there either. He doesn't even talk when he's mixing with the Hoellein kids and playing from a distance.

Calvin isn't shy or quiet... he screams and screeches all the time. He may not have any issues, he may have some... you don't know any better than anyone else. This may be the case with your son, but Calvin isn't your son.

And congrats on being more moral than some of the posters here :?
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Wonder why this thread isn't locked yet?

amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

lmmomSD wrote:Wonder why this thread isn't locked yet?

We dont have a good title as they're on a break. lol nothing else to talk about.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

amyfalafal wrote:

We dont have a good title as they're on a break. lol nothing else to talk about.

There is a new thread. Has been for awhile.
http://ytmommadrama.com/viewtopic.php?f ... &start=725
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
amyfalafal wrote:

There is a new thread. Has been for awhile.
http://ytmommadrama.com/viewtopic.php?f ... &start=725
Oh snap I mixed it up as it was the first thread that came up. Sorry.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”