E+J: 4 Bites of Tender Steak. PART 30

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: E+J: 4 Bites of Tender Steak. PART 30

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

amyfalafal wrote:Do comments bring in youtube $$$ too? How does that work? Why do they keep the comment section open? I feel like If I had a youtube channel as successful as theirs (what it once was...) I wouldnt be able to gut good or bad comments. I wouldnt want the good ones getting to me, or the bad ones putting me down. Pits of Paradise recently did a video addressing the haters about her adopting her unwanted niece-it's a weird situation that she should expect to have negative feedback. Yet she keeps the comments up. I wonder if more comments being bonus dollars in? Does anyone know?

They should just disable the comments, and be done with all that blocking of comments and users. They put too much effort into youtube, and it's not paying off.
They live for the praise, and for every critical comment there are probably 100 that are ass kissing. They can't give that adoration up.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

"viewer engagement" puts you higher on YouTube's search results. It means that people are actually watching and paying some kind of attention. That's why vloggers are always saying "Like and comment" or asking questions and saying "Answer in the comments". Views are important, but likes and comments are too. Even those stupid "Can I get a like because my hamster died?" and "Which one are you? #1 Ellie etc" comments. It doesn't matter what they say, as long as they're commenting.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Vincere »

amyfalafal wrote:Do comments bring in youtube $$$ too? How does that work? Why do they keep the comment section open? I feel like If I had a youtube channel as successful as theirs (what it once was...) I wouldnt be able to gut good or bad comments. I wouldnt want the good ones getting to me, or the bad ones putting me down. Pits of Paradise recently did a video addressing the haters about her adopting her unwanted niece-it's a weird situation that she should expect to have negative feedback. Yet she keeps the comments up. I wonder if more comments being bonus dollars in? Does anyone know?

They should just disable the comments, and be done with all that blocking of comments and users. They put too much effort into youtube, and it's not paying off.
Comments do not generate revenue. Only the ads played during/at the beginning of the video, or those that are on the sidebar etc bring in money. Get AdBlock.

Comments are there to create a connection between YouTuber and his audience etc. I think a channel without comments is quite sad. You decide to put your life online but you can't read negative comments? I think the views will drop drastically if they disable them, and people will always find a way to go around it. Either have forums like this, or you can just upload their videos on another platform and enable comments, or even upload them on YT and say it's for criticism etc which copyright laws do not apply to.
canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

Blehmieux wrote:i get what people are saying about ellie not wanting to miss out on sympathy garnered by being a special needs mom, but i disagree.

i feel like if they did know calvin had some kind of issue, the mormon pressure to hide anything wrong plus ellie having to admit that she, the amazing perfect saint ellie, made an "imperfect" child, would keep them from openly speaking about calvin's issue. i just can't see ellie willingly admitting that an extension of herself (since it seems she sees calvin that way) is not perfect.

I think anyone that has a child that has any kind of disorder would take offence to the term "imperfect" child. I have suspected for a long time that Calvin should have a diagnosis but that doesnt make him imperfect. He is hard to soften up to but i blame Ellie 100% for that not Calvin. She made Jacks the underdog and its 100% her fault that Cal is not as easy to like.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

This article explains why comments are important and how YouTube uses them to rank videos in keyword search results. If you post a video and use the keywords "back to school shopping" for example, not only the videos with lots of subscribers and views will place high in the results, but so will videos with lots of comments. It is important for the connection between vloggers and their audience, but it's really important for business too.
http://go.yumyumvideos.com/blog/youtube ... ction-tips

flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

canmom2 wrote:
Blehmieux wrote:i get what people are saying about ellie not wanting to miss out on sympathy garnered by being a special needs mom, but i disagree.

i feel like if they did know calvin had some kind of issue, the mormon pressure to hide anything wrong plus ellie having to admit that she, the amazing perfect saint ellie, made an "imperfect" child, would keep them from openly speaking about calvin's issue. i just can't see ellie willingly admitting that an extension of herself (since it seems she sees calvin that way) is not perfect.

I think anyone that has a child that has any kind of disorder would take offence to the term "imperfect" child. I have suspected for a long time that Calvin should have a diagnosis but that doesnt make him imperfect. He is hard to soften up to but i blame Ellie 100% for that not Calvin. She made Jacks the underdog and its 100% her fault that Cal is not as easy to like.
i used "imperfect" because that's what i believe ellie would see him as if he had a disorder
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Blehmieux wrote:
canmom2 wrote:

i used "imperfect" because that's what i believe ellie would see him as if he had a disorder
I understood that. The quotes made it clear to me that you meant what Ellie would consider "imperfect", not you.

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

To reiterate: diagnosis = implication that *she* made an imperfect child. By telling people how hard he kids are, with no diagnosis = sympathy for poor Ellie.

I couldn't find the quote again, but it was from a few days ago where the toilet training was being discussed.

I believe Ellie told sabotaged Jackson's toilet training in order to prevent him from having further independence from her, even though she seems to enjoy distance from him because he's harder to control.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

So, I was being sarcastic about Jared using the tropical storm approaching the OBX for views, but sure enough...[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... 0a90a3.jpg[/img]

lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I think autism was blocked simply because people had been asking if Cal was autistic.

I really think it's giving them too much credit to think they have had him tested. Ellie doesn't think two year olds can talk, yet she noticed a delay and had him assessed?

If they couldn't see an obviously crooked neck, I find it unlikely they picked up in the subtle signs of autism.
I completely agree. Just out of curiosity though, did you happen to see people mentioning autism in the comments yourself? Or are you making an educated guess with that? I'm only wondering because I can't imagine anyone commenting that outside of YTMD, but I find it interesting if even their minions are beginning to question it too.
This is taking it out of context. She didn't make an educated guess or see anything but was replying to my comment I thought it was at least noticeable they blocked "autism", because who knows what's happening behind the scenes. Someone else here has discovered "autism" is blocked (and "neck" and "8passengers"). I wonder if the pediatrician or healthcare workers at regular checkups would have missed it and how trustworthy E+J are in their communication to them or to what extend this would matter.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And who is he trying to convince? Us, or himself? These pictures where he's picking her up and kissing her are so annoying, because they're so posed and fake. Real people don't kiss like that. At least nobody I know does.[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... ea58b8.jpg[/img]

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

E+J: 4 Bites of Tender Steak. PART 30

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lmmomSD wrote:And who is he trying to convince? Us, or himself? These pictures where he's picking her up and kissing her are so annoying, because they're so posed and fake. Real people don't kiss like that. At least nobody I know does.[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... ea58b8.jpg[/img]

He does this all the time and it's so fake. All I can think is "who is suffering by having to take the picture?"

They are trying too hard and that usually indicates a problem.[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... 64ed0a.png[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... cdf1ce.png[/img]
Last edited by HelloSweetie on Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:And who is he trying to convince? Us, or himself? These pictures where he's picking her up and kissing her are so annoying, because they're so posed and fake. Real people don't kiss like that. At least nobody I know does.[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... ea58b8.jpg[/img]

He does this all the time and it's so fake. All I can think is "who is suffering by having to take the picture?"

They are trying too hard.
The replies are awful too. Everyone is acting like this is real. Ewwww.

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

lovingthisforum wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I think autism was blocked simply because people had been asking if Cal was autistic.

I really think it's giving them too much credit to think they have had him tested. Ellie doesn't think two year olds can talk, yet she noticed a delay and had him assessed?

If they couldn't see an obviously crooked neck, I find it unlikely they picked up in the subtle signs of autism.
I completely agree. Just out of curiosity though, did you happen to see people mentioning autism in the comments yourself? Or are you making an educated guess with that? I'm only wondering because I can't imagine anyone commenting that outside of YTMD, but I find it interesting if even their minions are beginning to question it too.
This is taking it out of context. She didn't make an educated guess or see anything but was replying to my comment I thought it was at least noticeable they blocked "autism", because who knows what's happening behind the scenes. Someone else here has discovered "autism" is blocked (and "neck" and "8passengers"). I wonder if the pediatrician or healthcare workers at regular checkups would have missed it and how trustworthy E+J are in their communication to them or to what extend this would matter.
Your child's doctor only knows what you tell them. If you don't bring up speech issues the doctor won't know something is wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Did anyone actually watch the "Why do we vlog?" vlog? So tempted to say "Why do people vlog? Money." But I know it'll get deleted, plus a bunch of minions will hammer me saying that I should be grateful that they share their lives with us.

lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

lmmomSD wrote:"viewer engagement" puts you higher on YouTube's search results. It means that people are actually watching and paying some kind of attention. That's why vloggers are always saying "Like and comment" or asking questions and saying "Answer in the comments". Views are important, but likes and comments are too. Even those stupid "Can I get a like because my hamster died?" and "Which one are you? #1 Ellie etc" comments. It doesn't matter what they say, as long as they're commenting.

Likes and comments load to engagement, and indirectly generate money.The higher the engagement the higher the odds your video will be recommended by YT to new viewers and the higher position in the recommendation, like 1 of the videos that are shown (with squares) at the end of the video you just watched. The higher the odds new and old viewers will click and watch your video (= $$), of which a percentage will stay as subscribers (= watch more videos = $$).
crowmtmom78
Informer
Informer

Unread post by crowmtmom78 »

I think it was on a summer haul that Ellie said she knew that these swim trunks didn't fit very well and she wouldn't be using them much. Yet, the last several times that they have shown Jackson in swim trunks, he is wearing these or that green pair. Neither pair are long enough to completely cover his bottom and the are too big in the waist to stay up. I guess they like his bottom half showing for all of the internet to see, including sexual predators. But, what do we expect, after what Jared did to Lincoln. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... 0de7a4.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

crowmtmom78 wrote:I think it was on a summer haul that Ellie said she knew that these swim trunks didn't fit very well and she wouldn't be using them much. Yet, the last several times that they have shown Jackson in swim trunks, he is wearing these or that green pair. Neither pair are long enough to completely cover his bottom and the are too big in the waist to stay up. I guess they like his bottom half showing for all of the internet to see, including sexual predators. But, what do we expect, after what Jared did to Lincoln. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... 0de7a4.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Those look like my sons boxer briefs lol

kittypurry
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by kittypurry »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/neighbors-form ... d=49489376

So fun!

littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

The vlog was titled "why do we vlog" because they watched a bunch of old home videos of Jared's dad and some of his mom once they were married. Then Jared gave a speech about how he never got to hear his grandfather's voice and he never wanted his kids to feel that, so he's glad the vlogs exist for their kids to watch in the future.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”