E+J: The Lessons of Karma - Part # 31

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J: The Lessons of Karma - Part # 31

Unread post by natalka81 »

nutbagmcgee wrote:Right now Bonnie and Joel are at $24,000+ a month with no network.
E and J are at 17,000 a month with a network taking 30% of that.

They are going to go broke. They won’t be able to maintain their lifestyle much longer.
I'm definitely not doubting you but I'm just wondering how you know this. The only site I'm familiar with is social blade and the range is so big that I can never really get a sense of how much people are actually making.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

natalka81 wrote:
nutbagmcgee wrote:Right now Bonnie and Joel are at $24,000+ a month with no network.

They are going to go broke. They won’t be able to maintain their lifestyle much longer.
I'm definitely not doubting you but I'm just wondering how you know this. The only site I'm familiar with is social blade and the range is so big that I can never really get a sense of how much people are actually making.
I use Vid IQ, its an extension for Chrome.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

nutbagmcgee wrote:
natalka81 wrote:

I use Vid IQ, its an extension for Chrome.
Vloggers that post here have said it's far more accurate.
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

I know we have discussed this up and down before but it just makes me roll my eyes how they said they would still have this house/life style even without Youtube. No, no you wouldn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

calliepaige84 wrote:I know we have discussed this up and down before but it just makes me roll my eyes how they said they would still have this house/life style even without Youtube. No, no you wouldn’t. Image

I would LOVE for them to say what career Jared would have that could provide this lifestyle without youtube.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
calliepaige84 wrote:I know we have discussed this up and down before but it just makes me roll my eyes how they said they would still have this house/life style even without Youtube. No, no you wouldn’t. Image

I would LOVE for them to say what career Jared would have that could provide this lifestyle without youtube.
He was going to school for PT right? But something happened and he gave up on that and started selling cellphones. Just out of curiosity, even if he had become a PT, would he be making enough to live like they are? I'm guessing no. Plus we all know that Ellie would not still be doing hair with two kids, plus she wasn't quite Vidal Sassoon status...
Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

So, when Ellie isn't feeling well she gets to stay in bed all day, but when the kids don't feel well she pushes them to get up and do things and shoves a camera in their face. Nice.

Sweet Jackson seemed sleepy and irritable the entire vlog. She should have just let him rest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

I would say they are running their household as a business so they can claim electricity and other bills. Their house is their office. All the gas and miles on the van for business trips hotels for business trips. Their donations (church and Ivf grant) all claimed on taxes. They didn't buy the van and doubt they are buying the 4WD. They have done several commercials. Jackson has done a carpet one. They can claim so much on their taxes i doubt they are paying any taxes. They are certainly living an extravagent lifestyle but I don't think they feel any pinch. When we saw them different a few months ago and most thought they were fighting over money as time went on I think they were fighting over Penny. You know Jared didn't want her at that trainer and it is around that time I noticed they fell distant to Jareds parents.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

canmom2 wrote:I would say they are running their household as a business so they can claim electricity and other bills. Their house is their office. All the gas and miles on the van for business trips hotels for business trips. Their donations (church and Ivf grant) all claimed on taxes. They didn't buy the van and doubt they are buying the 4WD. They have done several commercials. Jackson has done a carpet one. They can claim so much on their taxes i doubt they are paying any taxes. They are certainly living an extravagent lifestyle but I don't think they feel any pinch. When we saw them different a few months ago and most thought they were fighting over money as time went on I think they were fighting over Penny. You know Jared didn't want her at that trainer and it is around that time I noticed they fell distant to Jareds parents.
Do you know how tax deductions work?

Even if they didn't spend a penny and saved everything they had, they won't be able to maintain their current lifestyle post YT. It's just not possible to save more than you earn in a month.

And I suppose the hundreds they have spent in trainers fees was also somehow free or deducted? If so, they better hope the IRS doesn't audit them.
formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

Playsinrain wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:

He was going to school for PT right? But something happened and he gave up on that and started selling cellphones. Just out of curiosity, even if he had become a PT, would he be making enough to live like they are? I'm guessing no. Plus we all know that Ellie would not still be doing hair with two kids, plus she wasn't quite Vidal Sassoon status...
He got his BS but he was never accepted into a PT program. So he had to get a job at Verizon instead.

IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

HelloSweetie wrote:
canmom2 wrote:I would say they are running their household as a business so they can claim electricity and other bills. Their house is their office. All the gas and miles on the van for business trips hotels for business trips. Their donations (church and Ivf grant) all claimed on taxes. They didn't buy the van and doubt they are buying the 4WD. They have done several commercials. Jackson has done a carpet one. They can claim so much on their taxes i doubt they are paying any taxes. They are certainly living an extravagent lifestyle but I don't think they feel any pinch. When we saw them different a few months ago and most thought they were fighting over money as time went on I think they were fighting over Penny. You know Jared didn't want her at that trainer and it is around that time I noticed they fell distant to Jareds parents.

Even if they didn't spend a penny and saved everything they had, they won't be able to maintain their current lifestyle post YT. It's just not possible to save more than you earn in a month.

And I suppose the hundreds they have spent in trainers fees was also somehow free or deducted? If so, they better hope the IRS doesn't audit them.
Most people on these boards don't know how they work. A tax deduction doesn't make something free. It doesn't offset the cost. They are living way outside their means... at a slight discount.
canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

HelloSweetie wrote:

Do you mean dog trainers. I dont think they paid a cent they advertised that place for 1/2 vlog.
I really dont think they are spending as much money as you think. I doubt they are buying the 4WD . Ellie talked about the cooler bags forever sure they were free or well discounted. Same as LUSH she talks about that more than Jared talked of the van pretty sure she gets a good discount if not free. Do you think they ever pay for hello fresh?
Yes i understand taxes I work in the tax Dept. Do you? Small business are pretty lucky when it comes to tax deductions.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

formerctfxcer wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
He got his BS but he was never accepted into a PT program. So he had to get a job at Verizon instead.

Sux how there's only 1 PT program in the whole country

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

canmom2 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

Do you mean dog trainers. I dont think they paid a cent they advertised that place for 1/2 vlog.
I really dont think they are spending as much money as you think. I doubt they are buying the 4WD . Ellie talked about the cooler bags forever sure they were free or well discounted. Same as LUSH she talks about that more than Jared talked of the van pretty sure she gets a good discount if not free. Do you think they ever pay for hello fresh?
Yes i understand taxes I work in the tax Dept. Do you? Small business are pretty lucky when it comes to tax deductions.
Then I guess they are set for life as long as the freebies last forever.

Too bad they won't. They will dry up as the channel loses steam.

And no, I'm not in the tax dept and I doubt you are too given what you've said. Regardless, I do know how far that amount of income will and won't get you in a month, and how much needs to be saved for retirement and children's futures. I'm also familiar with business deductions as my husband owns his own business too, and we have a financial advisor and accountant. If you think they are set for the future, you're naive. And all the things you're stating they featured in vlogs should have been declared or those vlogs demonetized.

You can continue to argue with someone else now because I'm done.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

YOU would say that, but the IRS would not. In order to deduct all the living expenses you outlined above, they would have to use their entire home regularly AND exclusively for their business, the IRS indicates that the use must be regular and exclusive. My guess is that they can deduct Jared's office and that's it. Maybe Ellie's "filming room", but if they are claiming that, they are lying.
canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

Pency wrote:
YOU would say that, but the IRS would not. In order to deduct all the living expenses you outlined above, they would have to use their entire home regularly AND exclusively for their business, the IRS indicates that the use must be regular and exclusive. My guess is that they can deduct Jared's office and that's it. Maybe Ellie's "filming room", but if they are claiming that, they are lying.
They film all the rooms kitchen LR basement Masterbathroom bedrooms kids bedroom ocassionally garage backyard . This is their job. I never said they were set for life i said just they have more disposable income monthly than you guys let on.
HS if your husband owns a business and isn't getting a ton of deductions time to find a new accountant. All those things i listed are deductible and even if they don't allow the whole house as a business it is more than Jareds office. They go to vlogger fair airfare, hotel, prizes given out all deductible. The IVF grant and church tithing deductible and any other donations they have. Gas driving to SLC for meetings deductible. It's not hard to figure out. I doubt at the end of the year they actually pay very little in taxes after all the deductions.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

^^^^ he gets plenty of deductions, but he's also smart enough to realize that it's cheaper to not spend frivolously just for a deduction.

A lifestyle like B&J's is definitely more responsible for the income they make.

To pay little in taxes after that many deductions, they would have to spend a TON of money. Thus proving the argument that they are spending too much and saving too little.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

canmom2 wrote: They film all the rooms kitchen LR basement Masterbathroom bedrooms kids bedroom ocassionally garage backyard . This is their job. I never said they were set for life i said just they have more disposable income monthly than you guys let on.
HS if your husband owns a business and isn't getting a ton of deductions time to find a new accountant. All those things i listed are deductible and even if they don't allow the whole house as a business it is more than Jareds office. They go to vlogger fair airfare, hotel, prizes given out all deductible. The IVF grant and church tithing deductible and any other donations they have. Gas driving to SLC for meetings deductible. It's not hard to figure out. I doubt at the end of the year they actually pay very little in taxes after all the deductions.
...they also sleep in those rooms, live in those rooms, cook in those rooms and use them as storage? What part of "exclusive" do you NOT understand?

As far as travel expenses: $0.50/on the mile and 50% of all meals related to EXCLUSIVELY business travel only - not vacations. I'm an accountant, and before you go around spouting tax knowledge maybe do some research.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

canmom2 wrote:
Pency wrote:
They film all the rooms kitchen LR basement Masterbathroom bedrooms kids bedroom ocassionally garage backyard . This is their job. I never said they were set for life i said just they have more disposable income monthly than you guys let on.
All the tax deductions in the world and a million free trips are not paying their utilities, property taxes, mortgage payments, camper payments, and everything else we have talked about... its really getting redundant now. I'm not sure who's "tax dept" you say you work for but i think they need to find someone more qualified.. I know jack shit about taxes and still know that you are WAY off in thinking they can just live off tax deductions and free cruises.
canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

I already told you their utilities and some of their mortgage payment would be claimed on their taxes. Their house is their office not just Jareds office. If you own a construction business and rent an office that is claimed on your taxes same as their house would be. You guys are not looking at it as a business. This is what they do for a living. Lets make it simple gross income is 100000 a year you take all your deductions which is everything i listed and take that off your hross income. Poof you just brought your taxable income down to 50000.
Of couse just an example we dont know what their total deductions are or their true income . When i googled it for 2016 it was over
Any time they have a meeting over pizza claimed. Any payroll they pay and their house would be a large %claimed. I know their income is over 100000 but i also think deductions are more than 50000 but just need to keep it simple.
Yes of course the power bill still needs to be paid but less of their money goes to taxes if any.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”