Ellie & Jared: So Tender, So Fun... | Part 32

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ellie & Jared: So Tender, So Fun... | Part 32

Unread post by onbreak »

In the stauffer lifevlog while they were in China waiting to head home, Jim mentions the last hotel they stayed at was In a textile district and they had conferences and such going on all the time

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
SunnySide0
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by SunnySide0 »

Jared's Instagram story saying they're in Hong Kong is so obnoxious. They all start cheering and sort of yelling really loudly. You can see the Chinese locals around them all staring because they are so loud. I'm an introvert but that video was embarrassing to watch.
Mk1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mk1 »

SunnySide0 wrote:Jared's Instagram story saying they're in Hong Kong is so obnoxious. They all start cheering and sort of yelling really loudly. You can see the Chinese locals around them all staring because they are so loud. I'm an introvert but that video was embarrassing to watch.
I thought the same.
Stuuu3
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Stuuu3 »

Major eye roll
Stuuu3
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Stuuu3 »

Major eye roll
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Mk1 wrote:
SunnySide0 wrote:Jared's Instagram story saying they're in Hong Kong is so obnoxious. They all start cheering and sort of yelling really loudly. You can see the Chinese locals around them all staring because they are so loud. I'm an introvert but that video was embarrassing to watch.
I thought the same.
Between Ruby drinking Fanta at the wine tasting dinner in Italy, and this, the Griffiths and their friends are definitely doing their part to perpetuate the stereotype of the ugly American.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

The Q and A just proves how much Calvin absolutely doesn't/can't talk.
heymallie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by heymallie »

I cringed when I saw Jared’s Instagram story. I studied intercultural communication and if they are doing business there it’s going to fail epically. They all fail to even study the social norms, but this is e+j we are talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

lmmomSD wrote:
calliepaige84 wrote:In Natalie’s insta story they talk about a business that was built and they have been touring textile facilities/factories. I am even more confused now lol

I really hope they're not contracting for merch... I know I am reaching pretty hard. But why would a group of Mormons from Utah be touring textile mills?

So that they can keep up with M&B and have their own #chinachangedme theme?
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

I’m still just so puzzled what they’re doing in China with the Nortons. I would never have guessed that they were friends. Such a strange group. Hate that Jared is so loud and obnoxious.

Mk1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mk1 »

heymallie wrote:I cringed when I saw Jared’s Instagram story. I studied intercultural communication and if they are doing business there it’s going to fail epically. They all fail to even study the social norms, but this is e+j we are talking about Image

So interesting to me how different Bonnie's posts are vs. Ellie and Jared's. Bonnie and Joel seem to be having a great time, are taking things in and appreciate all the beautiful things that come with seeing new places and cultures. Then it seems like Ellie's always making a stink face in pictures (lots of pictures from the Nortons' IG) and just seems fake about the whole thing and not truly as into it as maybe Bonnie and Joel and everybody else. And the Nortons had an IG story post about enjoying getting to know this beautiful human (picture of Bonnie with her tagged). I definitely agree with all those who speculated this was Bonnie and Joel's trip and Ellie and Jared somehow ended up invited at the last minute for whatever odd reason. And then Jared running and screaming about the train/subway or whatever...?! What the heck? So unnecessary and irritating. Why do he and Ellie feel the need to act that way?
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

I really want to know when/how Ellie first contracted HSV-1. I wonder if it was from "all the guys" she notoriously and so scandalously made out with... lol.

I also wonder if that guy didn't want to kiss her cause he was scared of getting a cold sore. If you have the virus, it's super common to have an outbreak when you're sick because your immunity is down. I just can't help but chuckle imagining the scenario, of him hesitating to kiss her because he was grossed out/being cautious, and dumbstruck Ellie thinking that it/he was "SO weeirrraaad!" Haha Image
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Ellie & Jared: So Tender, So Fun... | Part 32

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:I really want to know when/how Ellie first contracted HSV-1. I wonder if it was from "all the guys" she notoriously and so scandalously made out with... lol.

I also wonder if that guy didn't want to kiss her cause he was scared of getting a cold sore. If you have the virus, it's super common to have an outbreak when you're sick because your immunity is down. I just can't help but chuckle imagining the scenario, of him hesitating to kiss her because he was grossed out/being cautious, and dumbstruck Ellie thinking that it/he was "SO weeirrraaad!" Haha Image
Nah all the Griffiths have it. I think they slobber all over their kids and just keep passing it down. If they have to suffer, so do their kids. Although Ellie isn't quite as bad about it as some of the other siblings.

Now that you say that, I bet that is the exact scenario that happened with Ellie and the guy who didn't want to kiss her!

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Mk1 wrote:
heymallie wrote:I cringed when I saw Jared’s Instagram story. I studied intercultural communication and if they are doing business there it’s going to fail epically. They all fail to even study the social norms, but this is e+j we are talking about Image

So interesting to me how different Bonnie's posts are vs. Ellie and Jared's. Bonnie and Joel seem to be having a great time, are taking things in and appreciate all the beautiful things that come with seeing new places and cultures. Then it seems like Ellie's always making a stink face in pictures (lots of pictures from the Nortons' IG) and just seems fake about the whole thing and not truly as into it as maybe Bonnie and Joel and everybody else. And the Nortons had an IG story post about enjoying getting to know this beautiful human (picture of Bonnie with her tagged). I definitely agree with all those who speculated this was Bonnie and Joel's trip and Ellie and Jared somehow ended up invited at the last minute for whatever odd reason. And then Jared running and screaming about the train/subway or whatever...?! What the heck? So unnecessary and irritating. Why do he and Ellie feel the need to act that way?
I said before they left that it was going to be exactly the way you're describing it! When Bonnie went to Hawaii with Joel and the kids, they stayed in and went to local places. Of course they did some touristy things, but they seemed to want to learn about where they were, not just run around screaming and acting like idiots. How can you take in anything when you are filming yourself running around yelling? Bonnie and Joel definitely have their flaws (who doesn't?) But at least they seem interested in learning something, and not just showing off.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lmmomSD wrote:
Mk1 wrote:

I said before they left that it was going to be exactly the way you're describing it! When Bonnie went to Hawaii with Joel and the kids, they stayed in and went to local places. Of course they did some touristy things, but they seemed to want to learn about where they were, not just run around screaming and acting like idiots. How can you take in anything when you are filming yourself running around yelling? Bonnie and Joel definitely have their flaws (who doesn't?) But at least they seem interested in learning something, and not just showing off.

Bonnie and Joel also seem very aware that all this fortune is TEMPORARY, so they are making the most of appreciating and enjoying it. Ellie and Jared haven't figured that out yet I don't think. They have no backup plan, so it's easier to just live in denial.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote:I really want to know when/how Ellie first contracted HSV-1. I wonder if it was from "all the guys" she notoriously and so scandalously made out with... lol.

Nah all the Griffiths have it. I think they slobber all over their kids and just keep passing it down. If they have to suffer, so do their kids. Although Ellie isn't quite as bad about it as some of the other siblings.

Now that you say that, I bet that is the exact scenario that happened with Ellie and the guy who didn't want to kiss her!

I don't think Ellie is any better for it than her siblings, it's just that she doesn't show as much affection for her older kids. Whentney are babies she slobbers all over them, shares meals and put their pacis in her mouth just as much as her siblings do.
GuavaMama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by GuavaMama »

Maybe they went to find a factory to print Jared’s book. I remember him saying that he was working on a book with his dad.

This lady is in their group.
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... f11829.jpg[/img]

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

GuavaMama wrote:Maybe they went to find a factory to print Jared’s book. I remember him saying that he was working on a book with his dad.

If they are looking for book printers, it's almost certainly that stupid cookbook Image
GuavaMama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by GuavaMama »

HelloSweetie wrote:
GuavaMama wrote:Maybe they went to find a factory to print Jared’s book. I remember him saying that he was working on a book with his dad.

If they are looking for book printers, it's almost certainly that stupid cookbook Image
Lol of course. I can’t believe that didn’t even cross my mind Image

Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

Do people typically go to China to tour book printing facilities when they are publishing a book? So strange.

Also, above when somebody said that Ruby drank Fanta at a wine tasting --- holy shit. 1) why was she at a wine tasting and 2) DRINK WATER sheesh this family has no class.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”