Ellie & Jared: So Tender, So Fun... | Part 32

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ellie & Jared: So Tender, So Fun... | Part 32

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I'm having a great laugh at how Ellie is disappointed in the dog washing shower in the garage. I think every single person here thought that it having no sides was the stupidest thing ever, that it was splash everywhere and they would not be able to contain the dog or the water while using it. I clearly remember Ellie saying she din't want sides on it when they were building it. Its so funny that now, since her idea sucked, she's suddenly saying that she didn't understand how it was going to be installed. Yes you did, you dummy, it was just a stupid idea!
Mk1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mk1 »

janem wrote:Wow looking at their numbers from these videos while they’re gone.... so low. Jared must be beside himself. In comparison, Bonnie’s are higher or staying-the same as always.
On another notes since I’m so curious about them being with the Norton’s. The Norton’s lost an infant son to whooping cough eight years ago, this summer another son was hit by an SUV and in a coma, while at the hospital with that son, their house was robbed. So what they would have in common with E &J is beyond me except for the fact that they’re both LDS. The Norton’s are pretty well known for other things, not YouTube. Can’t see princess Ellie being able to relate to them at all. I really do think this was a Bonnie and Joel trip that the mechams wormed onto. Bonnie may have met the Norton’s in Hawaii when they were there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They really put the nail in the coffin with their Mother's Day pregnancy announcement and calling the IVF winners, I think. That really offended a lot of people who also are struggling or have struggled...not to mention, all the compassionate people out there who agreed it was inappropriate and disgusting of them to handle things that way. I don't feel sorry for them.
Mk1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mk1 »

janem wrote:Double post. I really think this strip has to do with Jared’s book and also that Family cookbook. Richie Norton works in publishing. Natalie is going to publish a book. I just wonder why, if it is the Family cookbook, why the parents didn’t go or ruby and her husband.
Natalie is putting a lot on her IG stories than the other two are. Which is interesting since they made it sound like Internet was iffy. Also looks like they’re staying in some very nice hotels.

Possible...but why spend the money to go halfway across the world to look for a publisher in a foreign country when there are plenty of publishers and whatever in the United States? I see what you're seeing (and I didn't know about anyone else publishing a book so it makes sense) but it also just seems very weird to me to go all the way to China to find a publisher for a book.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Mk1 wrote:
janem wrote:Double post. I really think this strip has to do with Jared’s book and also that Family cookbook. Richie Norton works in publishing. Natalie is going to publish a book. I just wonder why, if it is the Family cookbook, why the parents didn’t go or ruby and her husband.
Natalie is putting a lot on her IG stories than the other two are. Which is interesting since they made it sound like Internet was iffy. Also looks like they’re staying in some very nice hotels.

Possible...but why spend the money to go halfway across the world to look for a publisher in a foreign country when there are plenty of publishers and whatever in the United States? I see what you're seeing (and I didn't know about anyone else publishing a book so it makes sense) but it also just seems very weird to me to go all the way to China to find a publisher for a book.
Plus i would say there were Mormon book publishers that would snatch it up in a heartbeat. I've seen plenty of commercials online and on TV about Christian book publishers looking for submissions, i would say they have these same things in the Mormon community.
Mk1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mk1 »

Playsinrain wrote:If they are having to sand and reseal their floors this soon, i hope like hell they aren't paying for it. The person who finished their floors has no idea what they are doing and should be held at fault if they have already damaged those floors that much in a year.
True - but they waste so much money on so many unnecessary things to be "showy" and for status sooooo...if they have to pay for it at least it's a "maintenance" item for their house and not wasteful spending like they're notorious for.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:I'm having a great laugh at how Ellie is disappointed in the dog washing shower in the garage. I think every single person here thought that it having no sides was the stupidest thing ever, that it was splash everywhere and they would not be able to contain the dog or the water while using it. I clearly remember Ellie saying she din't want sides on it when they were building it. Its so funny that now, since her idea sucked, she's suddenly saying that she didn't understand how it was going to be installed. Yes you did, you dummy, it was just a stupid idea!
Didn't the builder obviously think she was nuts for not wanting sides? I seem to remember him shaking his head and she was adamant about having it her way. And we were all saying it was going to be a big mess. Don't they have a regular shower head instead of a hand held as well? Like any dog is going to stand under a shower and be cleaned effectively. You need a hand held to get up under the tummy, because they slash dirt up there.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

WEIRD Video.. Especially the bathing suits and bathtub clip. I cant unsee that!
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

Mk1 wrote:

The day before they were also looking at a lot of fabric shops, seamstress, tailors, etc. Not sure what that could be about.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

boredmamaneedsdrama wrote:
Mk1 wrote:

The day before they were also looking at a lot of fabric shops, seamstress, tailors, etc. Not sure what that could be about.
Well, one of the things the Navy officers in my family did while in Hong Kong before it was given back to China was get custom tailored suits. Don't know if they are still a bargain..

Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

Elle Lindquist just put out a video today addressing their younger son's speech delay. She said they've been talking to their doctor about it and working to get him help for a while. She also alluded to a bigger diagnosis that she wasn't ready to full discuss. I'm not a huge Elle fan but I really appreciated how she handled this. She talked about wanting to be open but also respecting Cohen's privacy and considering how he'd feel in the future. I don't watch them much so I don't know if Cohen's speech was a big, undiscussed elephant in the room but it was nice to hear he is getting help and know Elle's motivation for sharing what parts she did.

I think E&J would be SO much better off if they handled Calvin's issues in a similar way. Instead of Ellie's smug "I'm not filming xyz as much and I'm enjoying that", how about you take 2 minutes to address an utterly obvious problem by just saying, We're working through some stuff with Calvin and for his privacy, we are handling this off camera. Granted this is considering they are getting him some sort of help (which at this point I am going to choose to believe they are despite my better judgement because I would think even the very worst parents would have started to seek at least some help at this point). By not addressing it, they are creating more speculation and just come off as fake. I have so much more respect for a family that doesn't share as much but keeps it real when necessary than ones like E&J who choose to act like everything is perfect. By hiding things, they make it more taboo and seem like a total negative thing when it shouldn't be. I totally get not wanting some of this on camera for the whole world to see, especially for Calvin's sake because he deserves respect and privacy but I think it makes them look worse in the long run, like they were ashamed and embarrassed of his issues. That will probably have a bigger lasting impact on him than some casual discussion about him seeing some therapists off camera. Again, this is assuming he is getting some help. Who knows... Calvin is going to end up screwed up either way at this point...

Anyways, here's Elle's video. It'll be interesting to follow them as this progresses. Funnily enough, she's a big Ellie fan and made her cinnamon rolls in this video. Ellie could learn a thing or two from her and this video.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Sam and Jenn were getting a bunch of comments about Noah's speech a while back. And they discussed it really rationally. They didn't treat it as "hate". They thanked people for their concern and said that they were keeping an eye on it, and that if Noah needed help, they would definitely get it for him. It was really classy. I just don't understand why E&J and Bryan and Missy act as if acknowledging an issue is such a horrible thing. Lots of kids need help with speech or other things. It's not casting aspersions on their family or their parenting to mention it. Ignoring it, or pretending their children are "advanced" and the rest of us just don't see it, does make them bad parents in my book. Admitting that their child needs help, but that they are handling it off camera would be way too classy for these folks. They would rather pretend everything is perfect, or exploit things for views. If they gave a rats ass about their children's privacy, they wouldn't show them on the toilet or in the bathtub. I seriously doubt that they are getting Calvin help and hiding it to protect his privacy. If they are hiding something like that, it's to protect their "perfect, perfectly happy family" image.
Can't sleep. There's a police helicopter flying over my house talking over a PA about some suspect they're chasing.

formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

Just got a chance to watch Julie’s pregnancy test video and saw this comment. It’s crazy to me how some people don’t see a single negative think about Ellie.
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... 7d9028.jpg[/img]

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

I think it makes even more sense why ellie was full of rage after D&C beside the obvious of having a loss but she also had the loss of not being pregnant at the same time as Julie.

Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

I think that a lot of you who read here stopped watching, but........... I just really think we the need to talk about this:

WARNING: The following contains graphic content that may be disturbing to some viewers. Viewer discretion is advised.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... e02d36.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... 92e51a.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... 4da1ff.jpg[/img]
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

So inappropriate after having pandered to a child audience....

Just so inappropriate.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:I think that a lot of you who read here stopped watching, but........... I just really think we the need to talk about this:

WARNING: The following contains graphic content that may be disturbing to some viewers. Viewer discretion is advised.
The weirdest part to me???? They bought them for Bryan and Missy's adult only pool party but thought they were inappropriate for that.. but yet it's perfectly fine for their family friendly vlog channel??? If anything i think it would have been a damn hoot at the party.. even if they just came out in them and then went and changed into something more comfortable.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:I think that a lot of you who read here stopped watching, but........... I just really think we the need to talk about this:

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... e02d36.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... 92e51a.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... 4da1ff.jpg[/img]
They must have deleted this video lol what did they say/do in the video? [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... d73856.jpg[/img]

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

MommaLindsey2 wrote:

They must have deleted this video lol what did they say/do in the video? ]

It’s at the end of yesterday’s Amazon video.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Playsinrain wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:

They must have deleted this video lol what did they say/do in the video? ]

It’s at the end of yesterday’s Amazon video.
Oh I didn't watch the whole thing Image thanks

KayCeeee
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by KayCeeee »

I'm getting tired of these pre-planned videos. I get there's a delay but the content is particularly boring. Today's featured Jackson being totally sweet and adorable which is always a treat. But even sweet Jackson couldn't really hold my attention for long (not to mention he was SO over it about a minute into it). It's like they're really scraping the bottom of the barrel for content during this delay.

If any of you follow Jared on Instagram you'll see a series of pictures of them in Guilin. This is in southern rural China and is absolutely one of the most magnificent places in the country. I was just there a few months ago! But I have say, you really have to be quite an ambitious traveler to appreciate it there. Nobody speaks English, it's gritty, rural, often you take tuk-tuk carts to transport around, you haggle for everything you buy, and you won't find a McDonalds anywhere. Maybe I'm looking too much into it, but Ellie's face just looks kind of miserable in every picture Jared posts of her in China. I don't think princess is truly having a good time by the looks of it. And why does Jared feel a need to write about how great and wonderful Ellie is in every post? It's very contrived like he's trying to prove something. We see right through you, Jare Bear!

Return to “Ellie and Jared”