Unread post by actuallydear »

when do they come back?
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: E+J: "I can't believe it's not Tender!" Part #33

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Hong Kong was a part of the United Kingdom. It went back to China in the late 90’s I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J:

Unread post by Pency »

Thegoatsmeow wrote:I'm kinda surprised no one mentioned the kissing sit down video more. I thought it was strange that Ellie is friends with Jareds ex girl friend that he dated for 2-3 years. Also that his whole family likes her and that she's moving back to Utah and Ellie's excited about it... Is anyone else here friends with their S.O ex?? I get being civil if kids were involved or something, but I guess I was surprised by that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I am friends with my husband's ex. They dated in high school so it's really not a big deal to us at all, and she and her husband are close friends of ours. I think being friends with your husband's high school girlfriend is less weird than the normal Utah/Mormon thing of literally everybody getting married to their high school sweetheart because they need to be married immediately upon turning 18.
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

Pency wrote:
Thegoatsmeow wrote:I'm kinda surprised no one mentioned the kissing sit down video more. I thought it was strange that Ellie is friends with Jareds ex girl friend that he dated for 2-3 years. Also that his whole family likes her and that she's moving back to Utah and Ellie's excited about it... Is anyone else here friends with their S.O ex?? I get being civil if kids were involved or something, but I guess I was surprised by that!

I am friends with my husband's ex. They dated in high school so it's really not a big deal to us at all, and she and her husband are close friends of ours. I think being friends with your husband's high school girlfriend is less weird than the normal Utah/Mormon thing of literally everybody getting married to their high school sweetheart because they need to be married immediately upon turning 18.
Marriage is the goal when Dating for Mormons. Even in highschool so yeah its weird that Ellie is so close to this ex also know his family loves her too.
Personal my daughter's middle name is after my husband's ex. They didn't date long but stayed good friends until she suddenly passed of a brain aneurism. Some people think that's weird of me to allow my daughter to carry her name but from what I have been told she was good person and helped shape my husband to be the husband and father he is today. We all have a past and if you can't see where and why some is today because of what happened then than I don't think you can fully appreciate that person.
Although I think for Ellie she might like this girl so much Vesta she sees herself as the prize Jared was so lucky to get. This other woman in her eyes is probably way lower on the totem pole.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Don't know if it's been mentioned but it makes sense now why Ellie was SO pissed at the family gathering at the cabin of Thanksgiving 2016 when she thought Julie had just announced she was pregnant - Ellie wasn't in earshot and rushed over with a mad bitch face lol. The announcement was actually that Bonnie's birthday present from Joel was Carrie Underwood tickets and the surprise was that he'd also bought tickets for all the Griffith sisters.

However, Ellie thought Julie had reneged on their *weird* pact to get preggers together in June 2017 (as discussed by Julie on her recent pregnancy announcement vlog) and that Julie had just gone ahead and gotten_with_child without Ellie. Such an odd family all round. The clip starts @ 2.26 mins and Ellie's ''SHUT UP! Are you pregnant?!'' to Julie @ 4:00 mins -
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Pency wrote:

Not from Utah and not Mormon but small town life it kinda the same in ways.. lol! we are friends with 2 of my husband's ex's. Both of them were high school flames. One we don't see much of bc she is married and living elsewhere but we get together to catch up when they come in town to visit family during the hoildays, they just had their second daughter, I'm excited to meet her in a few weeks. The other ex, her daughter and our daughter are close friends so they play sports and things together and we always hang out and talk during practices and stuff. These are girls he dated 20+ years ago, and are married with their own families so while yes it might be a little strange, its not something that i'm against. My daughter is also good friends with one of MY ex's daughters as well. Sometimes small town life is like the damn twilight zone. LOL
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I personally don't care if someone is friends with their spouses ex...but I am SHOCKED that Ellie is friends with anyone who isn't her sister...I still have doubts this is a true friendship on ellie's part and not just a friendly acquaintance like the other women she talks to in the neighbourhood/at church...
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:I personally don't care if someone is friends with their spouses ex...but I am SHOCKED that Ellie is friends with anyone who isn't her sister...I still have doubts this is a true friendship on ellie's part and not just a friendly acquaintance like the other women she talks to in the neighbourhood/at church...
Agreed, and i cant see her being friends with any of Jared's ex's. She is not mature enough for that. Ellie has the same issue M&B have, anyone they pay to do anything is suddenly their friend. Like the "friend" that painted their canvas in the living room. Or Ellie's friend who was her personal stylist. Missy's friend who does her hair and makeup... they don't understand what a "friend" really is.
strawberry_smoothie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by strawberry_smoothie »

I haven't been watching any of the crappy videos they've been posting while they're away, but I can't help but notice how horrible Ellie looks in every thumbnail. Her face is so sunken that her nose looks ginormous and her skin is sickly looking.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Thoughts on today's prom dress video:

• Ellie says, "I had to preference this dress," before explaining that it was Bonnie's and it doesn't quite fit her, etc. Did she mean..... "preface"...? Haha

• I'm dying at the red sparkly dress she tried on. I wore the same exact dress to my dad's office Christmas party....when I was like 11. Lollll

• Interesting that they rented their wedding dresses. I get that it seems silly to buy such an expensive dress to wear it once....but I don't know. I think I would definitely regret it if I didn't have it to pull out years down the line.
usernamessuck
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by usernamessuck »

I noticed in the Amazon video that she has these awful bags. They look like bruises they are so dark. Makes you genuinely worry for her.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

Gosh, the Griffiths are such pack rats aren't they? I mean, it's cool that they kept the dress that Jennifer's mother made her, but all those effing prom dresses that they keep in the closets at Jennifer's house? Why? But yet they all rent their wedding dresses and don't care that they don't have them anymore.

These people are total weirdos.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Ducklings4 wrote:Hong Kong was a part of the United Kingdom. It went back to China in the late 90’s I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

I understand wedding dresses are so expensive but really she could have sold her prom dresses and had a good chunk at least to be able to have purchased her wedding dress. No way I would have rented my wedding dress!
I guess then we wouldn't have gotten this video with all her old dresses and her showing off all the blur faced boys she dated.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I don't understand the hoarding of old prom dresses....I did purchase my wedding gown, and I suppose if I ever have a daughter I could use pieces to make her blessing and baptismal gowns but other then that possible use it's sat in a basement closet for years.
I honestly wish I had sold it when it was still in style. Renting isn't really a thing here or I probably would have done that.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:I don't understand the hoarding of old prom dresses....I did purchase my wedding gown, and I suppose if I ever have a daughter I could use pieces to make her blessing and baptismal gowns but other then that possible use it's sat in a basement closet for years.
I honestly wish I had sold it when it was still in style. Renting isn't really a thing here or I probably would have done that.
I ended up donating mine. My daughter would never fit in it, and I just don't have space, and I am not married to the guy anymore.
But I just don't understand renting a wedding dress while saving prom dresses for years. A wedding is a much bigger day than prom. I do get renting the dress, just because they can be crazy expensive, especially if they're made from nice material like silk. But the combination of renting a wedding gown _and_ hoarding prom dresses. That's odd.

Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

lmmomSD wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:I don't understand the hoarding of old prom dresses....I did purchase my wedding gown, and I suppose if I ever have a daughter I could use pieces to make her blessing and baptismal gowns but other then that possible use it's sat in a basement closet for years.
I ended up donating mine. My daughter would never fit in it, and I just don't have space, and I am not married to the guy anymore.
But I just don't understand renting a wedding dress while saving prom dresses for years. A wedding is a much bigger day than prom. I do get renting the dress, just because they can be crazy expensive, especially if they're made from nice material like silk. But the combination of renting a wedding gown _and_ hoarding prom dresses. That's odd.

Exactly! and also....all her sisters rented their wedding dresses except Bonnie? Is wedding dress rental a huge thing in Utah? Somehow that seems creepy to me, but the whole 'date like you're going to marry every guy when you're in high school so that you can get married the second you graduate' is also really really creepy to me soooooo
KayCeeee
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by KayCeeee »

[quote="Boredomatitsfinest"]Thoughts on today's prom dress video:

• Ellie says, "I had to preference this dress," before explaining that it was Bonnie's and it doesn't quite fit her, etc. Did she mean..... "preface"...? Haha

I picked up on that too. She definitely meant "preface" but that's kind of an advanced word for her so....

I think the renting of the wedding dresses speaks to the "gotta get married and push out babies ASAP!" mentality in the Griffiths culture. Of course nobody who's getting married at 18 can afford a wedding dress. They can be several thousands of dollars! I'm 28 and my mom was generous enough to buy mine (which I know is a privilege and I'm extremely grateful for that). But as a 28-year-old bride, I know much more of who I am at this age than I did when I was 18. It sounds like weddings aren't a huge deal for them. There's nothing wrong with having a modest wedding or renting a dress, but I think it speaks to their idea that they need to just get their weddings out of the way in order to procreate procreate procreate. The whole thing makes me a little sad for them honestly. If I think about the person I was at 18 and marrying the guy I was dating...GOOD LORD! That personally would have stunted my growth.
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:I personally don't care if someone is friends with their spouses ex...but I am SHOCKED that Ellie is friends with anyone who isn't her sister...I still have doubts this is a true friendship on ellie's part and not just a friendly acquaintance like the other women she talks to in the neighbourhood/at church...
I think it may be someone we know? Ellie doesnt seem to have real friends? Nothing genuine or long term. They mentioned a few times how often they hang out with that ex so we possibly know who Jared's ex is.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”