John and Joan,The bold and the pregnant || Part 2 ||

TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

John and Joan,The bold and the pregnant || Part 2 ||

Unread post by TheOneWhoBlogs »

Name is IDK,Mods,Dont attack,If i'm not supposed to make a topic,Please,By all means,Correct me,However,I dont really know?
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: John and Joan,The bold and the pregnant || Part 2 ||

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Thanks! I really don't think anyone will be mad at you.
If I'm wrong, the mods can put me in time out as well, for encouraging you.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:Thanks! I really don't think anyone will be mad at you.
If I'm wrong, the mods can put me in time out as well, for encouraging you.

Eh,If anything they'll probably just delete the topic and make their own,Which makes SO much sense...Right?
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but Joan is 13 wks now? That's trimester one in the bag. Obviously there's the condition Maeve had that needs monitoring but it's looking possible she is getting a baby at the end of this pregnancy.

I do wonder though if there will ever be a time when she stops worrying and is able to to enjoy a live healthy baby. Newborns are exhausting and even the most stable mothers worry every day about a gamut of things and decisions to be made and if she's not mindful about her nerves she will become so neurotic that throw in the sleep deprivation it could be a bit of a mess for them all.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper

Scar2016 wrote:So, correct me if I'm wrong, but Joan is 13 wks now? That's trimester one in the bag. Obviously there's the condition Maeve had that needs monitoring but it's looking possible she is getting a baby at the end of this pregnancy.

I do wonder though if there will ever be a time when she stops worrying and is able to to enjoy a live healthy baby. Newborns are exhausting and even the most stable mothers worry every day about a gamut of things and decisions to be made and if she's not mindful about her nerves she will become so neurotic that throw in the sleep deprivation it could be a bit of a mess for them all.
I had similar thoughts honestly,I'm happy that she's doing well,However,I kind of see it on two separate platforms.

As a loss mom,I'm happy for her,And i hope she winds up having a live birth.

As someone who's a mere observer to this,I have that same thought,However,My mind factors in that if she's truely got PTSD,She's currently unmedicated (Or i'd hope,Most medications for PTSD arent pregnancy safe and i'm actually facing this issue right now) and by the time baby is born,That will put her at an incredible risk for PPD and Post Partum psychosis.Which are both AWFUL things (I honestly think she may have had the latter after Maeve's death.) I am genuinely worried.Because yes,This is a good thing,And i feel it'll be good for her,But at the same time,Her mental state scares me...She's one of the people who would wind up trying so hard to get pregnant,Hsave the baby,Develop postpartum psychosis,And commit infanticide and/Or suicide.It's kinda like i said...She just rubs me as someone who if i dont see a birth vlog/Bare bump shots,I'm gonna be checking the news because even though she seems....Okay.... Enough,I also cant help but feel like she's insanely crazy and was before maeves death.
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

TheOneWhoBlogs wrote:
Scar2016 wrote:So, correct me if I'm wrong, but Joan is 13 wks now? That's trimester one in the bag. Obviously there's the condition Maeve had that needs monitoring but it's looking possible she is getting a baby at the end of this pregnancy.

I had similar thoughts honestly,I'm happy that she's doing well,However,I kind of see it on two separate platforms.

As someone who's a mere observer to this,I have that same thought,However,My mind factors in that if she's truely got PTSD,She's currently unmedicated (Or i'd hope,Most medications for PTSD arent pregnancy safe and i'm actually facing this issue right now) and by the time baby is born,That will put her at an incredible risk for PPD and Post Partum psychosis.Which are both AWFUL things (I honestly think she may have had the latter after Maeve's death.) I am genuinely worried.Because yes,This is a good thing,And i feel it'll be good for her,But at the same time,Her mental state scares me...She's one of the people who would wind up trying so hard to get pregnant,Hsave the baby,Develop postpartum psychosis,And commit infanticide and/Or suicide.It's kinda like i said...She just rubs me as someone who if i dont see a birth vlog/Bare bump shots,I'm gonna be checking the news because even though she seems....Okay.... Enough,I also cant help but feel like she's insanely crazy and was before maeves death.
It feels weird to "like" a post like that, but it's not so much liking as agreeing.

Her identity is so caught up in her grief. Who is she going to be if she isn't the sad woman whose baby died? Because although it doesn't take away from the tragedy of what happened, it's human nature for people to say "Well, now she's got a baby. Shouldn't she at least be happy about that?"

One bit of good news is that she lets everyone know everything she is feeling the minute she feels it. She felt "bad" because her co-workers had a room for pumping breast milk, and she didn't have a baby to pump for. A placque got placed in the room. She tells her customers how she's feeling, and posts all over IG. So hopefully she'll continue to be so open, and people will see any warning signs.

Personal, so feel free to scroll by: one of my good friends had bad PPD, compounded by her husband leaving her not only pregnant but with a 2 year old in her 7th month of pregnancy. She was having thoughts about hurting herself and her baby, but she talked to us about it. So, we banded together and took shifts, and never left her alone until she was ok. Hopefully Joan has people around her who she can share that kind of thing with, and who will take it seriously and not judge, but just do what needs to be done to help.

amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

I hear what you guys are saying that her identity is now tied with her grief. Maybe that's how she copes, but more likely PTSD undiagnosed by her therapist, or maybe she does have it. I am a midwife myself and had plenty of losses that inspired me to get my degree in Midwifery. Despite my professional/educational experiences my personal loss experiences get to me in my own pregnancies. I have two living children and two stillbirths at different gestational ages, among my miscarriages. I feel extreme anxiety despite my education. I feel that way until I see my baby breathing. As a loss mum, I 100% can relate to most (not all!) of what she says about getting through the pregnancy. Babies can be 100% all the way and in the end 30% of stillbirths go medically unanswered, unfortunately. The blood test and autopsies can indicate perfect health same with their mother's blood work.
TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper

amyfalafal wrote:I hear what you guys are saying that her identity is now tied with her grief. Maybe that's how she copes, but more likely PTSD undiagnosed by her therapist, or maybe she does have it. I am a midwife myself and had plenty of losses that inspired me to get my degree in Midwifery. Despite my professional/educational experiences my personal loss experiences get to me in my own pregnancies. I have two living children and two stillbirths at different gestational ages, among my miscarriages. I feel extreme anxiety despite my education. I feel that way until I see my baby breathing. As a loss mum, I 100% can relate to most (not all!) of what she says about getting through the pregnancy. Babies can be 100% all the way and in the end 30% of stillbirths go medically unanswered, unfortunately. The blood test and autopsies can indicate perfect health same with their mother's blood work.

and honestly,As someone who's loss involved a very tragic thing that was someone else's fault,I feel like those moms have it so much harder than i do,Because what happened to My Little one was tragic,But i KNOW what happened.Some people never know,and the idea of that is absolutely awful.I Too,Can relate to some of what she says to a degree,However,She has honestly mentioned less of PTSD symtoms and more symptoms of psychosis,Which,Unfortunately,Awfully,And sadly,Can last for just as long as PPD.
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18
TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
TheOneWhoBlogs wrote:

It feels weird to "like" a post like that, but it's not so much liking as agreeing.

Her identity is so caught up in her grief. Who is she going to be if she isn't the sad woman whose baby died? Because although it doesn't take away from the tragedy of what happened, it's human nature for people to say "Well, now she's got a baby. Shouldn't she at least be happy about that?"

One bit of good news is that she lets everyone know everything she is feeling the minute she feels it. She felt "bad" because her co-workers had a room for pumping breast milk, and she didn't have a baby to pump for. A placque got placed in the room. She tells her customers how she's feeling, and posts all over IG. So hopefully she'll continue to be so open, and people will see any warning signs.

Personal, so feel free to scroll by: one of my good friends had bad PPD, compounded by her husband leaving her not only pregnant but with a 2 year old in her 7th month of pregnancy. She was having thoughts about hurting herself and her baby, but she talked to us about it. So, we banded together and took shifts, and never left her alone until she was ok. Hopefully Joan has people around her who she can share that kind of thing with, and who will take it seriously and not judge, but just do what needs to be done to help.

I feel like you're right,There,She's pretty open,And i honestly,While John seems very entitled,Feel like he loves Joan and Maeve and their new baby,and i dont think he'd let anything happen if he heard her say anything pointing to suicide/Infanticide/Hell,Even Adulticide and her killing him for "Causing this" (Its Kinda on the rare end,But some do feel this way)
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Personal, but with a point:

Today is the one year anniversary of the sudden death of my friend's 25 year old son. He was killed in a stupid, tragic accident, hit by a truck while riding a bicycle. She's holding a little memorial today, with friends and family. But it's not just for her and her family and friends. She is reaching out to others who have had losses, and inviting them to share as well. Ever since her son died, she has tried to help others who are grieving too. When people talk to her about their grief, she doesn't compare hers. She doesn't try to one-up them. If she shares about her grief in that situation, it's in an attempt at helping, not participating in the Grief Olympics.
She's just such an inspiration. And I just can't help but compare the way she is to how Joan always manages to make it about herself. Other people do grieve as much as she does. Someone else having a tragedy doesn't take away from her pain-- it's not a competition. There isn't a sympathy pie. She won't get a smaller portion if she acknowledges their grief too.

I do hope things continue to go well with this pregnancy!

TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper

John honestly would be a handsome guy if he shaved the pubic patch off of his face...
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18
emma101
Talker
Talker

Unread post by emma101 »

Joan’s voice is so odd, she always sounds like she’s going to burst into tears ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nikier
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nikier »

emma101 wrote:Joan’s voice is so odd, she always sounds like she’s going to burst into tears ...

Yes, and the fact that she’s always doing the fake forced laugh..
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

TheOneWhoBlogs wrote:John honestly would be a handsome guy if he shaved the pubic patch off of his face...

Joan is very pretty but I don't know about the husband. Does he have a job yet? How are they planning to pay for the baby?
TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper

seriously7 wrote:
TheOneWhoBlogs wrote:John honestly would be a handsome guy if he shaved the pubic patch off of his face...

Joan is very pretty but I don't know about the husband. Does he have a job yet? How are they planning to pay for the baby?
These are the questions we need answers to!
I think he does? She mentioned it a bit back,So unless he gets fired ALOT,He's working.
I Know she keeps mentioning completing the house before baby is born....They've had it for like two years and they think they can complete an entire floor in less than 8 months? Good luck.If it took this long for down stairs,Just...Good luck...
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18
Pineapples
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Pineapples »

To be fair to them it’s taken 2 years for the major structural work, like roofing, repairing and insulation, flooring and plastering. Now that is done it’s just mainly cosmetic work inside so it really shouldn’t take that long. The main part of house renovation is securing the structure.

TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper

Pineapples wrote:To be fair to them it’s taken 2 years for the major structural work, like roofing, repairing and insulation, flooring and plastering. Now that is done it’s just mainly cosmetic work inside so it really shouldn’t take that long. The main part of house renovation is securing the structure.

ut you still gotta think,If you dont have alot of money,That kinda thing takes TIME (From experience,I'm NEVER buying another fixer upper...NOPE...) and more effort than most would think. I dont think they can do the WHOLE up stairs,but probably a decent chunk of it depending on hiw much is up there (I dont think they;ve fully shown it,If they have ive missed it) If it's bigger,Maybe like..A fourth or even maybe a third? I Mean,John obviously enjoys working on it and everything,But realistically,Time and money are huge things in the situation.
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

TheOneWhoBlogs wrote:
Pineapples wrote:To be fair to them it’s taken 2 years for the major structural work, like roofing, repairing and insulation, flooring and plastering. Now that is done it’s just mainly cosmetic work inside so it really shouldn’t take that long. The main part of house renovation is securing the structure.

ut you still gotta think,If you dont have alot of money,That kinda thing takes TIME (From experience,I'm NEVER buying another fixer upper...NOPE...) and more effort than most would think. I dont think they can do the WHOLE up stairs,but probably a decent chunk of it depending on hiw much is up there (I dont think they;ve fully shown it,If they have ive missed it) If it's bigger,Maybe like..A fourth or even maybe a third? I Mean,John obviously enjoys working on it and everything,But realistically,Time and money are huge things in the situation.
Didn't he even quit a job because it "took away from working on the house"? I remember we talked about that when they first got the grant.
His priorities are skewed.

TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
TheOneWhoBlogs wrote:

Didn't he even quit a job because it "took away from working on the house"? I remember we talked about that when they first got the grant.
His priorities are skewed.

I think so,Honestly,But i'd genuinely hope that with a real Life child inside of his wife,He'd have more common sense than to quit this job if he still has the new one...
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

^^^^ nah. If he hates his job, she needs him home, or they need to finish the house I bet he'd still quit. There is always Go Fund Me to help pay the bills

Return to “Ellie and Jared”