John and Joan,The bold and the pregnant || Part 2 ||

fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: John and Joan,The bold and the pregnant || Part 2 ||

Unread post by fossilfinger »

aggieyorkie wrote: It’s very sad. I work an average of 45 hrs a week, I am the most senior employee of my company and I still had to beg my boss for SIX WEEKS PAID when my daughter was born.
It is sad that even if you legally have the right, many workplaces will pressure you not to take the time off. I have witnessed a few coworkers being pressured to come back ASAP from maternity leave, and one who needed physical therapy but couldn't get the time off to do it. Workplaces can be really unfair. However, this is not what's happening in Joan's case. Her work is bending over backwards for her. She's lucky she is even allowed to take six months off unpaid and still have a job when she gets back, when I'm sure they could easily replace her.
1000Words
Talker
Talker

Unread post by 1000Words »

fossilfinger wrote:
aggieyorkie wrote: It’s very sad. I work an average of 45 hrs a week, I am the most senior employee of my company and I still had to beg my boss for SIX WEEKS PAID when my daughter was born.
It is sad that even if you legally have the right, many workplaces will pressure you not to take the time off. I have witnessed a few coworkers being pressured to come back ASAP from maternity leave, and one who needed physical therapy but couldn't get the time off to do it. Workplaces can be really unfair. However, this is not what's happening in Joan's case. Her work is bending over backwards for her. She's lucky she is even allowed to take six months off unpaid and still have a job when she gets back, when I'm sure they could easily replace her.
If she’s taking 6 mo off I doubt She’s staying there.
SassySassenach
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by SassySassenach »

1000Words wrote:
fossilfinger wrote:
If she’s taking 6 mo off I doubt She’s staying there.
I agree, I really don’t see her going back to work. She isn’t going to want to leave her baby with someone else & she would also probably have a ridiculous list of demands for care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sdmorgan12
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sdmorgan12 »

did anyone see her last post about maeves birthday? there was a comment on how lucille (their dog) was named after maeve’s middle name. kind of odd to name your dog after your dead child if you ask me, but maybe i’m just insensitive.

flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

sdmorgan12 wrote:did anyone see her last post about maeves birthday? there was a comment on how lucille (their dog) was named after maeve’s middle name. kind of odd to name your dog after your dead child if you ask me, but maybe i’m just insensitive.

their dog’s name is louise. that comment was left by somebody who mistakenly thought the dog’s name is lucille, and joan replied saying she got the name lucille from her grandma’s middle name.
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

So let me get this straight, according to Joan's instagram she stopped working last week. She cries poverty and how unfair it is she'll be unpaid during her leave... how she's doing etsy to help her afford to be home for SIX months... yet she stops working before 37 weeks?? Any other woman on her situation would work up until the end. She really does think she is a special snowflake, doesn't she?!?
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

So they have their csection date. I wonder when it is. Hope everything goes well for them this time.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

minmouse wrote:So let me get this straight, according to Joan's instagram she stopped working last week. She cries poverty and how unfair it is she'll be unpaid during her leave... how she's doing etsy to help her afford to be home for SIX months... yet she stops working before 37 weeks?? Any other woman on her situation would work up until the end. She really does think she is a special snowflake, doesn't she?!?
She had cut back her hours prior to this as well. She started bitching more, and working far less.

ButterflyB
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ButterflyB »

I bet her csection won’t be until she is 39 weeks. There is no medical reason to do it before then as baby Vera has shown to have no problems.

minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

If there is no medical reason they won't schedule it before 39 weeks. Her due date 6/30 is a Saturday so my guess is she's scheduled for Monday 6/25.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I do hope all goes well. I don't think she could handle another tragedy. They both get on my nerves, but I don't wish them.any harm.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

I didnt follow Jun and Keshia, Joan says their bub was born alive, at 21 weeks. What happened?
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

amyfalafal wrote:I didnt follow Jun and Keshia, Joan says their bub was born alive, at 21 weeks. What happened?
She didn't make it. So very sad.

amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

lmmomSD wrote:
amyfalafal wrote:I didnt follow Jun and Keshia, Joan says their bub was born alive, at 21 weeks. What happened?
She didn't make it. So very sad.
Thats heartbreaking :(

Nice to see Joan acknowledging them, unlike Ellie's poorly timed message about how hard it is to be pregnant after a loss. :? bloody Ellie.
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

Vera flipped! Scheduled C-Section is now a scheduled induction.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

John displayed some very striking behaviour in the video about Vera flipping. He looks completely over it, and came off like he resents having to do so many things because Joan is so pregnant and the baby is due to arrive soon. Maybe he was *just* exhausted, but it seemed like more...
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

actuallydear wrote:John displayed some very striking behaviour in the video about Vera flipping. He looks completely over it, and came off like he resents having to do so many things because Joan is so pregnant and the baby is due to arrive soon. Maybe he was *just* exhausted, but it seemed like more...
They always look like they live in two different worlds and so awkward together. Joan telling a story about how her blood pressure is usually low and John goes “that’s good!” And joan says “no listen to the story...” and goes on to say this appt her blood presssurs went up higher so they will monitor it. John had no idea. It’s so weird

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

Oh and him listing off his long hours, multiple side jobs, and added in having to also cook for Joan

Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

boredmamaneedsdrama wrote:Vera flipped! Scheduled C-Section is now a scheduled induction.
I didn't watch their vlog because I think they are rambling on an on. Why would they want to induce instead of going on labor naturally? (If Vera shows no signs of any distress) Isn't more safe to have it as natural and intervention-free as possible?
NellieNovember
Talker
Talker

Unread post by NellieNovember »

Kataja wrote:
boredmamaneedsdrama wrote:Vera flipped! Scheduled C-Section is now a scheduled induction.
I didn't watch their vlog because I think they are rambling on an on. Why would they want to induce instead of going on labor naturally? (If Vera shows no signs of any distress) Isn't more safe to have it as natural and intervention-free as possible?
It’s very common to be induced early after loss (specifically stillbirth). The level of anxiety the mother typically is having outweighs the benefits of waiting for natural labor.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”