E+J: Petite, Pretty, Puerile | Part 38

Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: E+J: Petite, Pretty, Puerile | Part 38

Unread post by 131618 »

jp2010 wrote:
brandy424 wrote:
YellowSweater1950 wrote:Someone mentioned Ellie having a Tommy doll in one of the Christmas home videos. I would not be surprised if that’s what it came from. You know how sentimental she is with her childhood toys. Someone also said Jennifer thought it was a good name...the same woman who named all her girls with an y/ie ending and didn’t give them middle names. Lol
Not giving them middle names is a Mormon tradition I believe. In their religion the women don't have middle names and when they are married they take their husbands surname as a last name and their maiden name as their middle name. So they still have ties with their family.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
That’s not entirely true. I think it was more common in the older generations. For example my mom doesn’t have a middle name and she did use her maiden name as her new middle name. I have a middle name along with all my girl cousins/friends that I grew up with (I grew up mormon in Utah)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmm, interesting! I just added my maiden name so I've got 2 middle names lol I'm an only and have two Male cousins so I wanted some part of our name for myself haha

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

brandy424 wrote:
YellowSweater1950 wrote:Someone mentioned Ellie having a Tommy doll in one of the Christmas home videos. I would not be surprised if that’s what it came from. You know how sentimental she is with her childhood toys. Someone also said Jennifer thought it was a good name...the same woman who named all her girls with an y/ie ending and didn’t give them middle names. Lol
Not giving them middle names is a Mormon tradition I believe. In their religion the women don't have middle names and when they are married they take their husbands surname as a last name and their maiden name as their middle name. So they still have ties with their family.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Her brother Beau just had a daughter and her middle name is Jane.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

janemom1 wrote:So Emily and Beau just put up their birth vlog for their daughter, Claira Jane?? I think that was her name? Either way it was sooo sweet. Im shocked they did..figured for the next month or so they'd be afraid of the wrath of Ellie bc they just put up their birth vlog lol. But it was so different than E&J. Em and Beau went natural at a birthing center, in a tub. Not saying I would have went that way, I walked into Labor and Delivery at 5 cm and had my daughter 3 hours later with an epidural that I didn't feel worked, so I felt all of her come out haha. But just how close they seemed, the emotions etc. I'm still leaning towards if Tommy was the girl Ellie wanted everything would have been different. I'd love for Beaus video to get more views that Ellie but that won't happen sadly...
Notice how he waited until Princess Ellie posted hers first? Wasn't Beau's daughter born like a month ago?
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

actuallydear wrote:
Catface2 wrote:She herself said he and his family look like the grinch, with body shape, pot belly, big butts and weird long face folds. It’s not looking good.
what? she went into that much detail? where? what a bitch move! jared's family seem nothing but gracious towards her stank ass.
And not one mention of the Mecham's hugh teeth?
hnelson1443
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by hnelson1443 »

Do they seriously not have middle names?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

The no middle name thing is just presumptuous because it just assumes that 1. The daughter will get married and 2. That she will change her name. I know almost everyone does this in the Mormon culture, but it's not up to the parents to decide that. It should be a woman's own choice if she wants to get married at all, keep her own last name, add her maiden name to her own or not, etc. If parents don't want to give their kids middle names, fine, but to do it ONLY because they want their daughters to get married and take their husband's last name and then add their maiden name is just...ick. It is already boxing in a girl and giving her fewer choices in life than boys have, from the day she's born.

My parents and all the people I know their age have middle names, and they are around the same age as the Griffiths parents. I have never heard of it being uncommon to have middle names in ages past. I read a lot of older books and a lot of things from the nineteenth century and middle names are very common. Maybe they weren't that common in the 1700's and before, but they definitely have been for at least a few centuries!
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

E+J: Petite, Pretty, Puerile | Part 38

Unread post by GymChick »

Edit.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

My cousin is big into genealogy, and has traced our family back pretty far-- past passengers on the Mayflower. And more people have middle names than don't. It's not a "new" thing. It's a misogynistic thing to box women into the role chosen for them simply because they're women.
And maybe it's really not a big deal, but those little messages add up. All those "not a big deals" snowball.
Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

Now the combo of her short hair, clothing and extra weight make her look like a normal mom who’s style is still in 2006. Lol I like her with the healthy weight tho. These days are scary and I’m sure she’ll get back to it [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201807 ... 7b3769.png[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201807 ... ccd447.png[/img]

chs6213
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by chs6213 »

YellowSweater1950 wrote:What’s up with the Griffiths getting all the name sakes?
I know in Lincoln’s name reveal video, Joel explained his opinion on this. He said the kids all get his name (as in his last name) so he doesn’t mind if Bonnie chooses names that are meaningful to her or are Griffiths name sakes because each child has Hoellein in their name and even once Olivia marries, she will have Hoellein as her middle name. Something along those lines. I’m not sure if this is how Jared and Landon feel too?

I don’t like the name Tommy. Thomas is so much nicer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

GymChick wrote:Now the combo of her short hair, clothing and extra weight make her look like a normal mom who’s style is still in 2006. Lol I like her with the healthy weight tho. These days are scary and I’m sure she’ll get back to it [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201807 ... 7b3769.png[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201807 ... ccd447.png[/img]

But it will be the breastfeeding causing her to be so thin.... not her choice Image

Madsmom110
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Madsmom110 »

In regards to her picture caption from Lucy's dedication or whatever they call it... "feeling well enough to go. " Girl, you didn't have the flu! You had a baby 11 days ago. After each of my c/s it was back to business. Despite lack of sleep I always felt so much better postpartum. I don't get how going and sitting at church would require much energy.
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

Two things:

Calvin is growing into his looks from that picture! He is a cute kid these days, and he seems much more like a three year old than I thought he would based on what we saw a year ago or even six months ago. He is talking a lot more, but I hope we hear him speaking regular full sentences sooner than later.

And I’m pretty convinced Jennifer is offended that none of her grandchildren are named after her. Chad’s got his name everywhere in the family so he’s content lol. There’s a bunch of Julie’s, and Ruby was named after her grandmother, so using female family names is common... and still no baby Jennifer. I’m inclined to believe it’s been “reserved” for Ellie, plus it’s also Jared’s sister’s name and it could be “nice” combining the Mecham/Griffiths family names. Maybe that’s why Jennifer seemed so off put by Tommy. Yet another boy, and Ellie’s the only daughter that hasn’t had any daughters herself. She’s got 20 grandchildren, she’s running out of time to have a baby named after her! Ruby and Bonnie are done having kids, and the other three just had babies, so it’ll be at least another year (but probably two?) until another baby girl could possibly come into the family.

Also, can y’all believe it’s been A YEAR AND THREE MONTHS since the positive ovulation test at Disney? What a freakin ride. We made it to the other side.. for now.

chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by chloe6124 »

Madsmom110 wrote:In regards to her picture caption from Lucy's dedication or whatever they call it... "feeling well enough to go. " Girl, you didn't have the flu! You had a baby 11 days ago. After each of my c/s it was back to business. Despite lack of sleep I always felt so much better postpartum. I don't get how going and sitting at church would require much energy.
My mom took a 8 and 5 yo to the grocery store with a newborn a few days after coming home. I agree that was so dramatic.

monstermonkey
Informer
Informer

Unread post by monstermonkey »

janemom1 wrote:So Emily and Beau just put up their birth vlog for their daughter, Claira Jane?? I think that was her name? Either way it was sooo sweet. Im shocked they did..figured for the next month or so they'd be afraid of the wrath of Ellie bc they just put up their birth vlog lol. But it was so different than E&J. Em and Beau went natural at a birthing center, in a tub. Not saying I would have went that way, I walked into Labor and Delivery at 5 cm and had my daughter 3 hours later with an epidural that I didn't feel worked, so I felt all of her come out haha. But just how close they seemed, the emotions etc. I'm still leaning towards if Tommy was the girl Ellie wanted everything would have been different. I'd love for Beaus video to get more views that Ellie but that won't happen sadly...
Wow the difference between Beau & Emily and the rest of Griffith clan is crazy. It's so refreshing!
NMiller2017
Talker
Talker

Unread post by NMiller2017 »

Oh please Ellie, we ALL know the only reason you hauled your self out of bed and that ugly Bollie robe was to steal Julie’s thunder today.
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

kaylnoel wrote:
YellowSweater1950 wrote:What’s up with the Griffiths getting all the name sakes?
I know in Lincoln’s name reveal video, Joel explained his opinion on this. He said the kids all get his name (as in his last name) so he doesn’t mind if Bonnie chooses names that are meaningful to her or are Griffiths name sakes because each child has Hoellein in their name and even once Olivia marries, she will have Hoellein as her middle name. Something along those lines. I’m not sure if this is how Jared and Landon feel too?

I don’t like the name Tommy. Thomas is so much nicer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Eh, sounds to me like the names were going to be after the Griffiths side because that's what the Griffiths do. Joel didn't have a choice and his little explanation is how he convinced himself it's not worth arguing about with Bonnie. I think we know enough to say that if both Jennifer and one of her daughters wants something or think it's the "proper" thing to do, none of the husbands are going to stand up to it.
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

ba1006 wrote:
Notice how he waited until Princess Ellie posted hers first? Wasn't Beau's daughter born like a month ago?
I'm really hoping it's not that because i like Beau and Emily. Maybe since they got it professionally done it took a month?
GetYouTubesTied
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by GetYouTubesTied »

formerctfxcer wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201807 ... 52a45e.png[/img]

Everyone actually looks healthy and genuinely happy (for a posed photo). Ellie is seriously so pretty when her face is filled out and she has some meat on her bones.

Jared legit looks like a missionary as soon as he puts on anything formal. It would not phase me if he whipped out a Book of Mormon at any given moment!
justkidding
Talker
Talker

Unread post by justkidding »

littlebaby wrote:Two things:

Calvin is growing into his looks from that picture! He is a cute kid these days, and he seems much more like a three year old than I thought he would based on what we saw a year ago or even six months ago. He is talking a lot more, but I hope we hear him speaking regular full sentences sooner than later.

And I’m pretty convinced Jennifer is offended that none of her grandchildren are named after her. Chad’s got his name everywhere in the family so he’s content lol. There’s a bunch of Julie’s, and Ruby was named after her grandmother, so using female family names is common... and still no baby Jennifer. I’m inclined to believe it’s been “reserved” for Ellie, plus it’s also Jared’s sister’s name and it could be “nice” combining the Mecham/Griffiths family names. Maybe that’s why Jennifer seemed so off put by Tommy. Yet another boy, and Ellie’s the only daughter that hasn’t had any daughters herself. She’s got 20 grandchildren, she’s running out of time to have a baby named after her! Ruby and Bonnie are done having kids, and the other three just had babies, so it’ll be at least another year (but probably two?) until another baby girl could possibly come into the family.

Also, can y’all believe it’s been A YEAR AND THREE MONTHS since the positive ovulation test at Disney? What a freakin ride. We made it to the other side.. for now.

I’ve been convinced for quite a while that Ellie’s special girl name is Jenelle. It would combine Jennifer and Ellie.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”