E+J: Petite, Pretty, Puerile | Part 38

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: E+J: Pettite, Pretty, Puerile ( Part #38)

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Playsinrain wrote:I don't think Ellie has the same desire to feel clean like normal people do. I think she would wallow in her own filth for weeks and be ok with it. I honestly think Jared probably has to remind her to take showers. And idk about you guys but soaking in a tub with a bath bomb doesn't count as bathing to me. Sometimes you need soap and a good scrub. LIKE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AFTER BIRTH... (all that skin to skin right after he was born? I know that's super important, but i was MESSY after skin to skin with my fresh out the oven baby. I was begging for a shower.)
After both my son's I was encouraged to hop in the shower after everything was cleaned up and we had all settled down. I was told the baby would be fine, and that it would be a good opportunity to bond with his daddy. Skin to skin is great, but also given too much weight, you can't properly bond with your child either if you don't feel like yourself. Getting cleaned up and moving is super important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ba1006 wrote:
AussieAl wrote:Wow has she seriously not showered since the baby was born? She commented that she can’t wait to finally shower that is so gross. After having my babies I couldn’t wait to get in the shower and feel clean again. She must be getting a little on the nose by now.
I had my youngest at approximately 8pm. Early the next morning, the nurse came into my room and told me it was time for a shower and that she would get everything ready for me. How could anybody wait several days after giving birth? Just gross. Everybody knows how messy childbirth is. Poor Jared.
Yes. And not just childbirth itself, but the lochia. Who would want to sit in that for a minute longer than necessary? *Shudder*.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by sheltiefan »

sheltiefan wrote:Okay I went to look at the comments on the vlogs. Their title had a bunch of them posting about how they thought something had happened to the baby. One person commented was they the only person that thought TJ had died and almost 100 people said yes. That was just one comment. One person commenting under a thread called it right-she said it was to get views! Another person tells her that the reason for the title was the discussion from Ellie's dad. They seem to have so many folks that can see through a lot of what they do-it's weird!
I'm not 100 percent sure they deleted the comments that I mentioned in the posts because I didn't go totally through them, but I didn't see them when I just checked. It was all these flowery posts praising them and all positive. I think the ole delete button may be in action if anything is negative!
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

Looks like those comments are still there but some have definitely been erased- lots of replies but can't see a lot of them

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

Screenshot_20180629-172758_Chrome.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chrimsi
Talker
Talker

Unread post by chrimsi »

131618 wrote:Holds up a new outfit

"TENDER!"

The new topic title should be something with Tender Tommy Image

Sendt fra min HUAWEI VNS-L21 med Tapatalk
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:I don't think Ellie has the same desire to feel clean like normal people do. I think she would wallow in her own filth for weeks and be ok with it. I honestly think Jared probably has to remind her to take showers. And idk about you guys but soaking in a tub with a bath bomb doesn't count as bathing to me. Sometimes you need soap and a good scrub. LIKE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AFTER BIRTH... (all that skin to skin right after he was born? I know that's super important, but i was MESSY after skin to skin with my fresh out the oven baby. I was begging for a shower.)
After both my son's I was encouraged to hop in the shower after everything was cleaned up and we had all settled down. I was told the baby would be fine, and that it would be a good opportunity to bond with his daddy. Skin to skin is great, but also given too much weight, you can't properly bond with your child either if you don't feel like yourself. Getting cleaned up and moving is super important.

That first shower after you give birth is so refreshing. Child birth is messy and gross. I had 2 showers a day for the first week or two after I had my kids because of the postpartum bleeding, I just felt gross all the time. Even a quick 5 min shower makes all the difference to how you feel for the rest of the day.

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Ewwwwwwwww no shower
Look at her birthing a baby like a young woman on the pioneer trail

#smellyellieforlife

That's why tj had that expression.. His mama stinks as bad on the outside as she does on the inside

I showered asap
Ill encourage my daughters and future daughter in laws too as well

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
crazy_in_canada
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by crazy_in_canada »

lmmomSD wrote:
ba1006 wrote:
AussieAl wrote:Wow has she seriously not showered since the baby was born? She commented that she can’t wait to finally shower that is so gross. After having my babies I couldn’t wait to get in the shower and feel clean again. She must be getting a little on the nose by now.
I had my youngest at approximately 8pm. Early the next morning, the nurse came into my room and told me it was time for a shower and that she would get everything ready for me. How could anybody wait several days after giving birth? Just gross. Everybody knows how messy childbirth is. Poor Jared.
Yes. And not just childbirth itself, but the lochia. Who would want to sit in that for a minute longer than necessary? *Shudder*.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
To be fair your kinda sitting in lochia for like 6 weeks pp, no matter how much you shower.

I didn’t shower at the hospital with either of my two births. It just didn’t sound good to me while I was there. To each their own!
Synglemama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Synglemama »

I felt so gross and wanted to shower and I did the next day. I had a c section though. Oh the pain. Glad I did it though. I don’t like hospital showers and if the nurse hadn’t have come in and said “let’s go take a shower” then I probably wouldn’t have
LittleRus
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LittleRus »

So I have been thinking about Ellie since the birth vlog- I snark on her constantly but watching her cry like someone who is going through some sort of mental turmoil while pushing made me genuinely feel bad for her. She is SO different from when she was pregnant with Jackson and watching her during pushing (which I watched a few times on HookTube) was just sad to watch - it didn't seem like nerves, it didn't seem like someone who was anxious of the unknown, it seemed like someone who is lost in life and on the edge of some sort of mental breakdown.

I started thinking why she would feel like this and it dawned on me that she literally has no identity. There are 2 parents home at most times and Jared is VERY involved. Most women who are SAHMs manage the kids and the house as "their thing". Yes, it can get mentally taxing being a SAHM but you have your "thing" you manage. Ellie doesnt have that. She doesnt have a job, she doesn't really manage the household on her own, she doesnt have hobbies- she seems lost. I think she is having an identity crisis and realizing she is flat out miserable in her life. A 3rd baby isnt going to change that or make it better- it is only going to complicate things.

I really really really hope she gets some mental health help. Their birth vlog was probably the first birth vlog I have ever watched where I didnt get emotional. I usually tear up and get sentimental but during this birth vlog I was just uncomfortable watching .
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

LittleRus wrote:So I have been thinking about Ellie since the birth vlog- I snark on her constantly but watching her cry like someone who is going through some sort of mental turmoil while pushing made me genuinely feel bad for her. She is SO different from when she was pregnant with Jackson and watching her during pushing (which I watched a few times on HookTube) was just sad to watch - it didn't seem like nerves, it didn't seem like someone who was anxious of the unknown, it seemed like someone who is lost in life and on the edge of some sort of mental breakdown.

I started thinking why she would feel like this and it dawned on me that she literally has no identity. There are 2 parents home at most times and Jared is VERY involved. Most women who are SAHMs manage the kids and the house as "their thing". Yes, it can get mentally taxing being a SAHM but you have your "thing" you manage. Ellie doesnt have that. She doesnt have a job, she doesn't really manage the household on her own, she doesnt have hobbies- she seems lost. I think she is having an identity crisis and realizing she is flat out miserable in her life. A 3rd baby isnt going to change that or make it better- it is only going to complicate things.

I really really really hope she gets some mental health help. Their birth vlog was probably the first birth vlog I have ever watched where I didnt get emotional. I usually tear up and get sentimental but during this birth vlog I was just uncomfortable watching .
Good point, makes more sense too with the sudden obsessions for hand writing, bullet journaling, gardening, etc... trying to find something she enjoys

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

She could actually work on Bollie? You know, the business she left for her sister and Jared to deal with?

I think it's unfair the way people are trying to attribute Ellie's poor life choices to Jared. He seems like he would do anything to make Ellie happy. I think everyone is jumping through hoops trying to please (help?) her. At some point, she needs to start moving and come up with something herself. Online shopping isn't going to fulfill her, and she should know that by now. I think it's too easy to just blame her family for not helping her. Can you imagine what would happen if Jared suggested she was anything but perfect?

megtanner35
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by megtanner35 »

What is with that stupid brown blanket. On Ellie's IG with the picture of the boys TJ looks like a brown long turd not trying to be offensive and to top it of with the stupid brown hat. Gosh he is cute but the hat and blanket are so so ugly!
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

I am still stuck on the name thing. From the conversation Ellie had with Grandma Mecham about 6 hours after Tommy was born, it sounds like they didn't 100% decide the name until after he was born (which I totally get). By 6 hours later they had decided and were sharing with family.

So the "wait" for the name was purely for YouTube as we suspected. I get that as well. YT is their income and a birth has a lot of potential for money. What I don't get is how Jared made it a tiny non-event in the vlog where the boys meet TJ. Why do something to try to build suspense and get views but then not actually follow through? He could have easily made a short but creative name reveal video (even had it ready to go beforehand) and then gotten 2 big videos out of it. tacking it on to another "big" vlog was just dumb.

Not to mention the hints to the name beforehand. I just don't get it. If he were clearly doing things that led to more views at least I could understand. But this...i just do not understand.
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

Also what is with BOTH grandmas getting TJ stuffed dogs??? Do they not know Calvin? Or do they just not think? Or care?

Anddd...we still haven't seen Grandma Griff hold TJ. She was offered him first and she let Chad hold him first. (I am not saying she didn't tale her turn but she just didn't seem that excited). when Grandpa M was going to hold him, Grandma M jumped in first. That's what I would have expected from Grandma G...especially since its a tiny baby of her tiny daughter!

It was endearing that both grandpas teared up. It gets me whenever men cry.
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

After being induced from Tuesday morning Until Friday afternoon and then scheduling me for a csection at 7pm I begged them to unhook me from everything and let me shower before. After my c section my nurse told me when to shower to soak my bandage off and get clean after they took my catheter out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
smellycat801
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by smellycat801 »

I'm glad I wasn't the only one bothered by the title. I didn't watched it because of that. I see that they changed it slightly now, but I'll watch on the hooktube link :)

I don't understand how she can not shower. The first after birth shower is the most refreshing shower ever. I have c sections and have to wait a little bit, and it's really painful, but I could never skip it. She is so gross.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
GetYouTubesTied
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by GetYouTubesTied »

Hell I want to shower multiple times a day on my PERIOD
cheesecakes
Talker
Talker

Unread post by cheesecakes »

ICantEven wrote:Also what is with BOTH grandmas getting TJ stuffed dogs??? Do they not know Calvin? Or do they just not think? Or care?

Anddd...we still haven't seen Grandma Griff hold TJ. She was offered him first and she let Chad hold him first. (I am not saying she didn't tale her turn but she just didn't seem that excited). when Grandpa M was going to hold him, Grandma M jumped in first. That's what I would have expected from Grandma G...especially since its a tiny baby of her tiny daughter!

It was endearing that both grandpas teared up. It gets me whenever men cry.
She did hold him... on the bed when the boys were there.
FF1B5881-C9CF-424E-87A3-D3855BC6F18C.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”