John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Unread post by 131618 »

lmmomSD wrote:
rogi822 wrote:
Edenberry wrote: Seriously. We ALL have birth battle stories, and they're unique for us, not WORSE THAN ANYONE ELSE'S BIRTH IN HISTORY!!
I wound up with a 4th degree perineal tear with my first (big ole noggin, lol). 42 crotch stitches that stung and itched like a MFer for weeks, pooping was a horror show, but I was all caught up in baby bliss and honestly never thought for one second that my birth was the birth to compare all other's to. I just gave birth...like all mothers do. Jeez.
I was talking to my OB after my second about a “normal uncomplicated birth”. He said in his 30 years of practicing he has yet to see one. Everyone’s got something but I think most forget because they are enjoying their little babes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hate to say it, but I think my second was a "normal, uncomplicated birth". Epidural worked, I pushed for a couple of contractions, and his APGARS were 8 and 10.
Before he was born, I threw up so much that my total weight gain was 12 pounds. Afterwards, I was miserable from my endometriosis, but the actual labor and delivery? Smooth.
I think we're all rock stars.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I've been spoiled. I had intense back labor and stitches with my first but next two went smoothly, no complications...5 mins pushing...I feel certain if we have more my luck will run out somehow lol

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Gossipgirlygirl333
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Gossipgirlygirl333 »

Joan's labor story just keeps getting muddier. First it was "pushing for 11 hours!" and her latest vlog it sounds like she pushed for a little while then they gave up and waited hours for Vera's head to descend naturally. Such bogus. 11 hours from 10cm to delivery via c section is NOT the same as actively pushing for 11 hours.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

from 1:40-2:30 Vera is busy side-eyeing Joan. If she could talk... it sees like she'd probably be telling Joan to stop exaggerating. Too funny!

madi_b_123
Informer
Informer

Unread post by madi_b_123 »

Literally that fact that a woman can grow an actual human being inside of her and nurture it for 9+ months is pretty damn amazing! Regardless of how the baby gets out or what the woman goes through...the female body is pretty awesome and definitely worthy of the rockstar title!

lwilson1081
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lwilson1081 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201807 ... 83d9d3.png[/img]

This isn’t going to help at all.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

madi_b_123 wrote:Literally that fact that a woman can grow an actual human being inside of her and nurture it for 9+ months is pretty damn amazing! Regardless of how the baby gets out or what the woman goes through...the female body is pretty awesome and definitely worthy of the rockstar title!

Exactly. My ex, for all his flaws, appreciated that. He would say that all he did was go to work, while I was making a person. And working.
Like I said, we're all rock stars. No competition. Even the women who haven't been able to have a baby are-- going through infertility treatments, loss, disappointment, and still going on. Respect.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

actuallydear wrote:from 1:40-2:30 Vera is busy side-eyeing Joan. If she could talk... it sees like she'd probably be telling Joan to stop exaggerating. Too funny!

The side eye on that baby has been hilarious to watch. If only we could insert speech bubbles into their vlogs above Vera's head :lol:
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Y’all, I cannot stand watching this woman because of her voice. It is awful and like nails on a chalkboard to me.
Nikier
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nikier »

I wonder now if the tables were turned and heaven forbid anything happen to Vera and another loss mom said “well at least you got 5 weeks with her” if Joan would see things differently. Her words offend and hurt people and now that she has a living child she can’t play the pain Olympics with every loss mom with a living child(ren). There are so many people out there that would give anything to have a baby. I really hope Joan realizes how blessed she is and copes withs Maeve’s death so she can move forward with her life with Vera as her main focus.
webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

Aren’t babies veras age still supposed to be froggy feet in the wrap that can’t be good for her little hips!
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201807 ... c7d46e.png[/img]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

nutbagmcgee wrote:Y’all, I cannot stand watching this woman because of her voice. It is awful and like nails on a chalkboard to me.
Her voice is the weirdest thing ever for a thirty something woman.
sugarpea
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sugarpea »

Does anyone else get the sense that Vera is "Joan's baby"? Between her "that's MY wakey baby," "that's MY beauty," her ALWAYS holding the baby, her always talking about what she and Vera do together, etc. It seems like John needs to ask to hold her or be with her. Joan seems very possessive of the baby.
flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

sugarpea wrote:Does anyone else get the sense that Vera is "Joan's baby"? Between her "that's MY wakey baby," "that's MY beauty," her ALWAYS holding the baby, her always talking about what she and Vera do together, etc. It seems like John needs to ask to hold her or be with her. Joan seems very possessive of the baby.
she literally called her “my baby” in the birth vlog. something like “we’re taking my baby home now”. it was a red flag to me
SassySassenach
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by SassySassenach »

This struck me as such an accurate representation of their life... John bonding with Vera, and Joan stuck in her grief.
I sincerely hope she can stop holding so tightly to the past & start living in the present with Vera.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201807 ... 3f6ebf.png[/img]

here4thepopcorn
Informer
Informer

Unread post by here4thepopcorn »

SassySassenach wrote:This struck me as such an accurate representation of their life... John bonding with Vera, and Joan stuck in her grief.
I sincerely hope she can stop holding so tightly to the past & start living in the present with Vera.

That is so disturbing and sad. Is Joan making this or are fans? If it is fans, they are doing Joan no favors by creating images like that.

If a healthy, living child isn't enough to wake Joan up from her grief, I don't see how anything will. I had high hopes. However, I am realizing that her grief has become her identity, and to move on would mean finding a new identity. But removing the grief identity would probably bring Joan a lot less sympathy and attention, which she has grown to love and thrive off of. In her mind, nothing anyone else goes through compares to how hard her life has been. It doesn't matter when people talk about their own loss stories, Joan finds a way to make her story "worse". The way she described her birth experience was so over the top. Nothing about it was nearly as awful as she tried to make it seem. Every woman in the hospital gets an IV. It is in case of emergencies (like a postpartum hemorrhage), there is already access for medications/fluids/blood. I feel at this point that there is no point in watching Joan. My hope that she would change is gone and it is depressing to think about this newborn growing up in the shadow of her stillborn sister.
YellowSweater1950
Informer
Informer

Unread post by YellowSweater1950 »

I never post here, but I read.

At this rate, Vera is going to be a daddy’s girl. Do you think Joan will resent Vera for being a daddy’s girl, and hold up Maeve as being a mommy’s girl?
webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

YellowSweater1950 wrote:I never post here, but I read.

At this rate, Vera is going to be a daddy’s girl. Do you think Joan will resent Vera for being a daddy’s girl, and hold up Maeve as being a mommy’s girl?
I agree and I hope she is a daddy’s girl because all she will ever be to Joan is Maeve’s sister!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

Scar2016 wrote:
nutbagmcgee wrote:Y’all, I cannot stand watching this woman because of her voice. It is awful and like nails on a chalkboard to me.
I think she should totally consult a voice coach. I think she is straining her voice by speaking that way. It might be learnt habit or something like that. She might end up losing her voice early on. It sounds like she is not using her midriff at all when speaking. (Sounds weird, i'm not native speaker. What I mean is that usually when people speak, they don't use only their ''upper-throat-voice'' like it seems that Joan is doing. It is weak and high and will damage her throat in a long run, if that is not already her damaged voice, it certainly sounds like that.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

Gossipgirlygirl333 wrote:Joan's labor story just keeps getting muddier. First it was "pushing for 11 hours!" and her latest vlog it sounds like she pushed for a little while then they gave up and waited hours for Vera's head to descend naturally. Such bogus. 11 hours from 10cm to delivery via c section is NOT the same as actively pushing for 11 hours.
Either she thinks that from 10cm forward, everything is counted ''pushing'' OR she thinks that active contractions mean ''pushing''. I cannot explain her weird statement any other way.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Kataja wrote:
Scar2016 wrote:
I think she should totally consult a voice coach. I think she is straining her voice by speaking that way. It might be learnt habit or something like that. She might end up losing her voice early on. It sounds like she is not using her midriff at all when speaking. (Sounds weird, i'm not native speaker. What I mean is that usually when people speak, they don't use only their ''upper-throat-voice'' like it seems that Joan is doing. It is weak and high and will damage her throat in a long run, if that is not already her damaged voice, it certainly sounds like that.
Your comment makes sense imo. It seems as though she doesn't fully engage her diaphragm and is only using, as you say, more of her higher up throat voice. Speaking without fully engaging the diaphragm reduces breath support to one's voice which is exactly what her voice sounds like - weak and like a frail elderly person.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”