John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

1000Words
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Unread post by 1000Words »

It’s so annoying watching these videos ....I really really really wish someone and her real life would tellher that her bottlefeeding and her nipple shield is detrimental to her nursing and if she’s pumping that she’s taking milk that she could literally just be nursing the baby with... she’s so into wanting to nurse she’s literally sabotaging herself not to mention when you bottlefeed it’s a whole different thing and you’re stretching the baby stomach and on top of that the baby wants the nipple because it’s not being placed fed like If it were nursing. And then the whole complaining about her nipples hurting wow wow wow That’s what happens but since you’re not nursing all the time you’re not getting used to it. Yes it hurts put some cream on keep nursing through it and eventually it’s fine. I feel like she’s literally doing these things on purpose to try to create more difficulty for herself.That’s what happens girlfriend but since you’re not nursing all the time you aren’t used to it... Also She probably just wants to suck on something after she’s a nurse and instead they’re shoving bottles in her mouth and then thinking she still not getting enough that’s beyond crazy give her a freaking pacifier
Missy1393
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Missy1393 »

1000Words wrote:It’s so annoying watching these videos ....I really really really wish someone and her real life would tellher that her bottlefeeding and her nipple shield is detrimental to her nursing and if she’s pumping that she’s taking milk that she could literally just be nursing the baby with... she’s so into wanting to nurse she’s literally sabotaging herself not to mention when you bottlefeed it’s a whole different thing and you’re stretching the baby stomach and on top of that the baby wants the nipple because it’s not being placed fed like If it were nursing. And then the whole complaining about her nipples hurting wow wow wow That’s what happens but since you’re not nursing all the time you’re not getting used to it. Yes it hurts put some cream on keep nursing through it and eventually it’s fine. I feel like she’s literally doing these things on purpose to try to create more difficulty for herself.That’s what happens girlfriend but since you’re not nursing all the time you aren’t used to it... Also She probably just wants to suck on something after she’s a nurse and instead they’re shoving bottles in her mouth and then thinking she still not getting enough that’s beyond crazy give her a freaking pacifier
Gosh. I realize this is a gossip site, I’m not new here but holy crap. Nursing is hard, it’s a huge learning curve. My kiddo was practically force fed formula by the Nicu staff his first 3 days and they were unsupportive of nursing because it was harder for them. I pumped and bottle fed a lot in the first weeks. But you know what? It was fine, we figured it out and are almost to our goal of 1 year of bf. It’s not ‘beyond crazy’ for a brand new mom to be worried about her not getting enough. I think that’s pretty common. Snark away but holy crap, none of us are perfect parents and we all had shit we had to figure out and probably a few things we’ve learned the hard way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

Has anyone seen Joan’s recent post?!?!?

I’m curious to what you all think!!!!! Quick!!!!!!!

Nikier
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nikier »

Amelia322 wrote:Has anyone seen Joan’s recent post?!?!?

It’s like she thinks she owns the word “Grief”, and if it’s not used to her liking you’re being too dramatic and have no clue what grief really is.
cheesecakes
Talker
Talker

Unread post by cheesecakes »

1000Words wrote:It’s so annoying watching these videos ....I really really really wish someone and her real life would tellher that her bottlefeeding and her nipple shield is detrimental to her nursing and if she’s pumping that she’s taking milk that she could literally just be nursing the baby with... she’s so into wanting to nurse she’s literally sabotaging herself not to mention when you bottlefeed it’s a whole different thing and you’re stretching the baby stomach and on top of that the baby wants the nipple because it’s not being placed fed like If it were nursing. And then the whole complaining about her nipples hurting wow wow wow That’s what happens but since you’re not nursing all the time you’re not getting used to it. Yes it hurts put some cream on keep nursing through it and eventually it’s fine. I feel like she’s literally doing these things on purpose to try to create more difficulty for herself.That’s what happens girlfriend but since you’re not nursing all the time you aren’t used to it... Also She probably just wants to suck on something after she’s a nurse and instead they’re shoving bottles in her mouth and then thinking she still not getting enough that’s beyond crazy give her a freaking pacifier
Have you actually nursed a baby??? Lol! You have no idea what you’re talking about. I have 2 kids and the first couple weeks of nursing is the worst. Tiny mouths make your nipples bleed and scab. Breastfeeding while my nipples were like that felt like their mouths were lined with sandpaper or shards of glass. I would use a shield and pump when the pain was too much. My babies didn’t have nipple confusion and easily went from breast to bottle and back to breast. They could use pacifiers without it interfering with nursing too. By the end of the first month it was smooth sailing, but those first weeks suck because their mouths are so small. Once their mouths are big enough, they are able to latch better and do less damage to your nipples. Joan’s only possible crime here is giving up too easily because she doesn’t want Vera to be upset. But it seems like the lactation consultant has given her some confidence and they will be free of the nipple shield soon enough.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Amelia322 wrote:Has anyone seen Joan’s recent post?!?!?

I hated the topless pic she took of Vera the other day. I just don’t think babies need to be naked for it to be cute. Makes me twitchy.

I don’t think this pic is cute at all. If she wanted to do it whatever, but there is no need to post it!

The whole skin to skin to bond thing gets taken way too far these days.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Also, just feed your baby. Bottle, formula, breastfeeding, etc. I don’t care.

I hate how these boards become the breastfeeding Olympics whenever a YTer has a baby. If you did it.... great. If you didn’t.... also great. Feeding your kid too often is better than not feeding them often enough which happens far too often as well.

No one can tell which child was breastfed and which one wasn’t when they play in the park or begin school.

Pineapples
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Pineapples »

I think it’s entirely inappropriate for Instagram! You can almost her entire pubic mound, and as gorgeous as newborn baby bottoms are, they should not be shared with anyone other than very immediate family! What is wrong with this woman!!

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

Yeah, what the actual HELL. That picture is definitely NSFW. You can see her entire mons pubis and Vera's butt. Not appropriate.

But don't get me started on the caption. She puts the 'me' in 'Maeve'... and the 'I' in 'grief'.

I was hoping she would use this new beginning to start a new beginning, but nope. Here comes Joan, pushing down every other competitor in the Pain Olympics so she can win the golden Grief medal.

She needs to move on. Grief and hardship don't need to be her identity anymore. If her followers want that because they're in a place that she was just before Vera was born, well, they can go back and read those old posts or unfollow and find some new loss mom's.

Joan needs to focus solely on Vera. Because she is alive and needs her mom's full attention.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

sooo. maybe i'm missing the point, but what does her (almost) vagina and her naked baby have to do with grief?????

I knew the pain olympics would not stop after Vera was born. Yo Joan... it's not up to you to decide who grieves what, and how they do so... get over yourself.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

Playsinrain wrote:sooo. maybe i'm missing the point, but what does her (almost) vagina and her naked baby have to do with grief?????

I knew the pain olympics would not stop after Vera was born. Yo Joan... it's not up to you to decide who grieves what, and how they do so... get over yourself.
it's to show her barely-there c-section scar.

because she went through the most pain. she had a stillborn. infertility. miscarriage. a baby that was breech, and then flipped, a painful labour because the baby was stuck, and then a c-section.

but she still walked out of that hospital!
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

Joan's last Instagram picture.Image
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

Exactly and I’m sure she shaved just for this pic lol like really girl just focus on your baby and recovery.

I don’t see why anyone would even want to keep this pic as a keepsake it’s too much. There are other ways girl.

Edenberry
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Edenberry »

That is unbelievably inappropriate. Yes, it's her own IG page, but she knows how many people follow her. Who in their right mind would want to see that?! Yikes. No, just no. Put it away, Joan.
rogi822
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by rogi822 »

HelloSweetie wrote:Also, just feed your baby. Bottle, formula, breastfeeding, etc. I don’t care.

I hate how these boards become the breastfeeding Olympics whenever a YTer has a baby. If you did it.... great. If you didn’t.... also great. Feeding your kid too often is better than not feeding them often enough which happens far too often as well.

No one can tell which child was breastfed and which one wasn’t when they play in the park or begin school.

I agree. This goes outside these boards as well. Everyone’s experiences are different. And as long as your baby is being fed that is all that matters. Nobody needs to be a martyr when it comes to feeding your baby. It’s just necessary.

Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

What gets me is the belittling of that mom's grief over birth plan going badly. I will admit I roll my eyes sometimes at women dramatically recalling their birth that didn't go according to plan but grief is relative. She doesn't own grief. She doesn't get to decide if you've experienced "real" grief or not.

...btw did I say "grief" enough times ;-P

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
ihateliars
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ihateliars »

boredmamaneedsdrama wrote:Joan's last Instagram picture.Image
So disturbing!!
notclever
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by notclever »

131618 wrote:What gets me is the belittling of that mom's grief over birth plan going badly. I will admit I roll my eyes sometimes at women dramatically recalling their birth that didn't go according to plan but grief is relative. She doesn't own grief. She doesn't get to decide if you've experienced "real" grief or not.

...btw did I say "grief" enough times ;-P

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Yes! I might get blocked but I had to comment on her post. That is so unkind. Everyone feels things differently. It's not fair to say someone's pain matters unless because you had it "worse." It's not a competition.

I wish she could just be happy now that Vera is here... I was really happy for her and hoping this could help her heal.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

On her story she has Vera at the dentist... maybe i'm old school, but doesn't a baby at least need teeth to be in need of a dental appt? I have never heard of taking a newborn to the dentist...
ETA: Lip/tongue tie issues?? Is that done by a dentist?
charmed596
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by charmed596 »

Damn you can almost see her V lips.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”