John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Locked
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1117
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:12 pm
Has thanked: 566 times
Been thanked: 383 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Post by eab424 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:34 am

minmouse wrote:So John volunteered for the furlough and is only working odd jobs right now? These two are the worst. They beg for money yet do not do everything possible to make $$ when they can. I've never seen anyone act more entitled than them. It is absolutely crazy! John should have been first in line begging to not be put on furlough.

It bothers me how often they go out to eat. In fairness, there was more before Vera was born but they sure did take every opportunity to go out. I'm not saying they shouldn't have the occasional treat or date but don't beg for money then go out to lunch or for milkshakes several times a week. All that adds up fast. Also saw once on John's insta that he was looking to buy a new kitchen knife. Likes to use chef quality ones. Seems these two feel they deserve the best. If you beg for money don't spend $100 on a kitchen knife. Just saying.
Anyone notice that seems to be the MO of most youtube vloggers who've had babies/been pregnant this year? What really irritated me was how they set up registries as if they didn't have the exact things they registered for already at home. Maeve never used any of those things, They already had a shower for Maeve and were ready. None of those things were used I get some they have and they did change their registry a while later. But to put a $300 item on their registry for their viewers to buy them was nuts.

They could've paid it forward in so many ways.
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 7373
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 867 times
Been thanked: 1874 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Post by Playsinrain » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:47 pm

eab424 wrote:
minmouse wrote:So John volunteered for the furlough and is only working odd jobs right now? These two are the worst. They beg for money yet do not do everything possible to make $$ when they can. I've never seen anyone act more entitled than them. It is absolutely crazy! John should have been first in line begging to not be put on furlough.

It bothers me how often they go out to eat. In fairness, there was more before Vera was born but they sure did take every opportunity to go out. I'm not saying they shouldn't have the occasional treat or date but don't beg for money then go out to lunch or for milkshakes several times a week. All that adds up fast. Also saw once on John's insta that he was looking to buy a new kitchen knife. Likes to use chef quality ones. Seems these two feel they deserve the best. If you beg for money don't spend $100 on a kitchen knife. Just saying.
Anyone notice that seems to be the MO of most youtube vloggers who've had babies/been pregnant this year? What really irritated me was how they set up registries as if they didn't have the exact things they registered for already at home. Maeve never used any of those things, They already had a shower for Maeve and were ready. None of those things were used I get some they have and they did change their registry a while later. But to put a $300 item on their registry for their viewers to buy them was nuts.

They could've paid it forward in so many ways.
But.. Maeve's things are far too special for any other living baby to ever use! If Vera isn't good enough, i know some stranger baby in need wouldn't be! Didn't they say at one point that they had tons of her stuff but would NOT be using it for Vera? Like including her crib or something crazy like that? I wonder if when they get this house finally finished if they are going to set up a nursery for Maeve with all her things in it, to leave untouched?
madi_b_123
Informer
Informer
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:45 am
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Post by madi_b_123 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:23 pm

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201807 ... 114c14.png[/img] I’m really shocked they didn’t include Maeve at all. I would have thought it would be Love from, Joan, John and Maeve


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 19838
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 19159 times
Been thanked: 13087 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Post by lmmomSD » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:39 pm

madi_b_123 wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201807 ... 114c14.png[/img] I’m really shocked they didn’t include Maeve at all. I would have thought it would be Love from, Joan, John and Maeve


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, but they have the picture with the stuffed fox... She's there.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 670
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:16 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 90 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Post by minmouse » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:24 pm

Better the stuffed Fox than an actual picture of Maeve. And I was happily surprised they signed it Joan and John.
1000Words
Talker
Talker
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:47 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 58 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Post by 1000Words » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:23 pm

GymChick wrote:Which video did John say he was taking furlough? I know he was taking an extended vacation with it 4th and he asked his boss for an extra day. Is he officially on a longer leave now?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That wasn’t extended vacation. He used the words furlough. And said some guy was going to use it for surgery... then he said he wanted an extra day and his boss said to call the day before he was to go back and they could discuss.... I was Rather shocked since they are always in need of money...
But from today’s video it sounds like people even send them diapers so maybe they are all set!
User avatar
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 3503
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:53 am
Has thanked: 370 times
Been thanked: 484 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Post by actuallydear » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:24 pm

If he's taken time off I would not be at all shocked it's because he's anxious about leaving them alone. I would be.
ihateliars
Talker
Talker
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:54 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Post by ihateliars » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:11 am

actuallydear wrote:If he's taken time off I would not be at all shocked it's because he's anxious about leaving them alone. I would be.
My thoughts exactly...this way he can watch for any Andrea Yate signs (no joke, I’m genuinely scared for Vera)
ButterflyB
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 568
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:04 pm
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 271 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Post by ButterflyB » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:04 pm

Joan in her newest video talking about Vera’s birth...

“I don’t know how long I was pushing but it felt like hours!!” Then she explained that they had her try to rest throughout the night (not pushing) and let the contractions work Vera down themselves. Then morning rolled around and they decided on a csection. So no she wasn’t pushing for 11 or even 9 hours like she was saying right after V was born. It sounds like she pushed for maybe 2-3 hours then they had her rest for the night.

And those “machines that pump all the water out of my legs” are called scds and all moms that have a csection have those on until they are able to get up and walk. They are so you don’t get blood clots in your legs as you are immobile for a good while after surgery. She makes it sound like she is a special snowflake!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Toodles123
Support Moddie
Support Moddie
Posts: 483
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:00 am
Has thanked: 2811 times
Been thanked: 383 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Post by Toodles123 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:12 pm

ButterflyB wrote:Joan in her newest video talking about Vera’s birth...

“I don’t know how long I was pushing but it felt like hours!!” Then she explained that they had her try to rest throughout the night (not pushing) and let the contractions work Vera down themselves. Then morning rolled around and they decided on a csection. So no she wasn’t pushing for 11 or even 9 hours like she was saying right after V was born. It sounds like she pushed for maybe 2-3 hours then they had her rest for the night.

And those “machines that pump all the water out of my legs” are called scds and all moms that have a csection have those on until they are able to get up and walk. They are so you don’t get blood clots in your legs as you are immobile for a good while after surgery. She makes it sound like she is a special snowflake!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had a section and had nothing on my legs. Now, I am in Canada so they may do things differently. Also after my section the nurse had me up at 4:00 AM and I walked to the bathroom with her help to get my catheter out and walk back to the bed.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
1000Words
Talker
Talker
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:47 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 58 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Post by 1000Words » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:09 pm

Toodles123 wrote:
ButterflyB wrote:Joan in her newest video talking about Vera’s birth...

“I don’t know how long I was pushing but it felt like hours!!” Then she explained that they had her try to rest throughout the night (not pushing) and let the contractions work Vera down themselves. Then morning rolled around and they decided on a csection. So no she wasn’t pushing for 11 or even 9 hours like she was saying right after V was born. It sounds like she pushed for maybe 2-3 hours then they had her rest for the night.

And those “machines that pump all the water out of my legs” are called scds and all moms that have a csection have those on until they are able to get up and walk. They are so you don’t get blood clots in your legs as you are immobile for a good while after surgery. She makes it sound like she is a special snowflake!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had a section and had nothing on my legs. Now, I am in Canada so they may do things differently. Also after my section the nurse had me up at 4:00 AM and I walked to the bathroom with her help to get my catheter out and walk back to the bed.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
They are very common after any surgery here. So you do not get blood clots while you’re not adequately up and about. Also in the new video she acts like she went through true hell on earth with post partum and emotions and pain... honey it’s ALL NORMAL. You don’t get to win the pain Olympics this time. Welcome to birth and being a mother.
And when she goes on and on about her nipples... yes. That’s what happens when you breastfeed the first time... you push through and it heals and toughens and works.... I hate the pain Olympics.
ihateliars
Talker
Talker
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:54 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Post by ihateliars » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:11 pm

Of course she’s getting a poshmark...Ching Ching!!
HelloSweetie
Support Moddie
Support Moddie
Posts: 14247
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:33 am
Has thanked: 1235 times
Been thanked: 7296 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Post by HelloSweetie » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:03 pm

1000Words wrote:
Toodles123 wrote:
ButterflyB wrote:Joan in her newest video talking about Vera’s birth...

“I don’t know how long I was pushing but it felt like hours!!” Then she explained that they had her try to rest throughout the night (not pushing) and let the contractions work Vera down themselves. Then morning rolled around and they decided on a csection. So no she wasn’t pushing for 11 or even 9 hours like she was saying right after V was born. It sounds like she pushed for maybe 2-3 hours then they had her rest for the night.

And those “machines that pump all the water out of my legs” are called scds and all moms that have a csection have those on until they are able to get up and walk. They are so you don’t get blood clots in your legs as you are immobile for a good while after surgery. She makes it sound like she is a special snowflake!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had a section and had nothing on my legs. Now, I am in Canada so they may do things differently. Also after my section the nurse had me up at 4:00 AM and I walked to the bathroom with her help to get my catheter out and walk back to the bed.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
They are very common after any surgery here. So you do not get blood clots while you’re not adequately up and about. s.
Exactly. I schedule surgeries (in Canada) and doctors will order them for a lot of their major cases. Joan isn’t special. They are common in c-sections and other cases over an hour.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 3863
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:49 pm
Has thanked: 387 times
Been thanked: 1374 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Post by Amelia322 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:35 pm

Bitches worship me, my spinal didn’t work during my csection and I felt everything. This is the first time it’s ever happened and my doctor has been practicing for over a year in the medical field.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 670
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:16 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 90 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Post by minmouse » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:12 am

I tried to watch her latest vlog but had to turn it off. She is just too much and thinks everything she goes through is the worst. It isn't. She experienced birth which is hard no matter what happens. They almost hit her bladder? Well, in my true emergency C-section they did clip my bladder and I had a repair and thus was discharged with a catheter for TEN days while it healed. Do I win that Joan since I had a catheter for over a week with a newborn and toddler at home?? IT IS NOT A COMPETITION!! Almost everything she mentioned in the few minutes I watched was typical birth stuff. Nothing crazy. Nothing traumatic. Just birth. Get over yourself Joan!!
Edenberry
Informer
Informer
Posts: 413
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:17 am
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 262 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Post by Edenberry » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:52 am

minmouse wrote:I tried to watch her latest vlog but had to turn it off. She is just too much and thinks everything she goes through is the worst. It isn't. She experienced birth which is hard no matter what happens. They almost hit her bladder? Well, in my true emergency C-section they did clip my bladder and I had a repair and thus was discharged with a catheter for TEN days while it healed. Do I win that Joan since I had a catheter for over a week with a newborn and toddler at home?? IT IS NOT A COMPETITION!! Almost everything she mentioned in the few minutes I watched was typical birth stuff. Nothing crazy. Nothing traumatic. Just birth. Get over yourself Joan!!
There are no pain Olympics, but from one mother to another, you're a rock star. :)
Edenberry
Informer
Informer
Posts: 413
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:17 am
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 262 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Post by Edenberry » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:57 am

ButterflyB wrote:Joan in her newest video talking about Vera’s birth...

“I don’t know how long I was pushing but it felt like hours!!” Then she explained that they had her try to rest throughout the night (not pushing) and let the contractions work Vera down themselves. Then morning rolled around and they decided on a csection. So no she wasn’t pushing for 11 or even 9 hours like she was saying right after V was born. It sounds like she pushed for maybe 2-3 hours then they had her rest for the night.

And those “machines that pump all the water out of my legs” are called scds and all moms that have a csection have those on until they are able to get up and walk. They are so you don’t get blood clots in your legs as you are immobile for a good while after surgery. She makes it sound like she is a special snowflake!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seriously. We ALL have birth battle stories, and they're unique for us, not WORSE THAN ANYONE ELSE'S BIRTH IN HISTORY!!
I wound up with a 4th degree perineal tear with my first (big ole noggin, lol). 42 crotch stitches that stung and itched like a MFer for weeks, pooping was a horror show, but I was all caught up in baby bliss and honestly never thought for one second that my birth was the birth to compare all other's to. I just gave birth...like all mothers do. Jeez.
User avatar
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 3863
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:49 pm
Has thanked: 387 times
Been thanked: 1374 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Post by Amelia322 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:52 am

I had a bunch of iv’s in me I was bed bound I had a catheter in me...bitch that sounds like a normal c section to me!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 3863
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:49 pm
Has thanked: 387 times
Been thanked: 1374 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Post by Amelia322 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:53 am

I had a bunch of iv’s in me I was bed bound I had a catheter in me...bitch that sounds like a normal c section to me!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nikier
Informer
Informer
Posts: 371
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:56 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Post by Nikier » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:37 am

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201807 ... 4254f1.png[/img]
Oh, Joan.... this almost comes off like she wishes they were in heaven with Maeve.
User avatar
SassySassenach
Support Moddie
Support Moddie
Posts: 845
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:20 pm
Has thanked: 2409 times
Been thanked: 3678 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Post by SassySassenach » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:20 am

Nikier wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201807 ... 4254f1.png[/img]
Oh, Joan.... this almost comes off like she wishes they were in heaven with Maeve.
This comes off as Maeve Worship.... she really needs help. I’m very sorry she lost a child, but this obsessive focus is unhealthy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1117
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:12 pm
Has thanked: 566 times
Been thanked: 383 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Post by eab424 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:01 am

[/quote]

They are very common after any surgery here. So you do not get blood clots while you’re not adequately up and about. Also in the new video she acts like she went through true hell on earth with post partum and emotions and pain... honey it’s ALL NORMAL. You don’t get to win the pain Olympics this time. Welcome to birth and being a mother.
And when she goes on and on about her nipples... yes. That’s what happens when you breastfeed the first time... you push through and it heals and toughens and works.... I hate the pain Olympics.[/quote]

Yeah they put them on if your having a lot of different surgeries. With C sections in the us while they do use the sds, they still get you up within 24 hours to further prevent them. It is important even when going home to get up and walk because you are still at great risk. Back when my cousin and I were pregnant together her delivery went smoothly and she went home but developed blood clots. So her mom took her to the hospital (same one that I had bad experience with) and it's famous for having an empty er but the waiting room is always full and wait time is far too long. Well her mom decided to take her to the other hospital in our county and they said if she'd waited just a few minutes longer my cousin's baby wouldn't have a mom. So it is important to keep an eye on that not only in the hospital but also at home.
1000Words
Talker
Talker
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:47 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 58 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Post by 1000Words » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:11 am

ihateliars wrote:
actuallydear wrote:If he's taken time off I would not be at all shocked it's because he's anxious about leaving them alone. I would be.
My thoughts exactly...this way he can watch for any Andrea Yate signs (no joke, I’m genuinely scared for Vera)
He’s leaving her alone - he’s doing odd jobs on his on hours
1000Words
Talker
Talker
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:47 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 58 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Post by 1000Words » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:14 am

Amelia322 wrote:I had a bunch of iv’s in me I was bed bound I had a catheter in me...bitch that sounds like a normal c section to me!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does she not realize catheter and multiple iv s are standard????
rogi822
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:58 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Post by rogi822 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:18 pm

Edenberry wrote:
ButterflyB wrote:Joan in her newest video talking about Vera’s birth...

“I don’t know how long I was pushing but it felt like hours!!” Then she explained that they had her try to rest throughout the night (not pushing) and let the contractions work Vera down themselves. Then morning rolled around and they decided on a csection. So no she wasn’t pushing for 11 or even 9 hours like she was saying right after V was born. It sounds like she pushed for maybe 2-3 hours then they had her rest for the night.

And those “machines that pump all the water out of my legs” are called scds and all moms that have a csection have those on until they are able to get up and walk. They are so you don’t get blood clots in your legs as you are immobile for a good while after surgery. She makes it sound like she is a special snowflake!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seriously. We ALL have birth battle stories, and they're unique for us, not WORSE THAN ANYONE ELSE'S BIRTH IN HISTORY!!
I wound up with a 4th degree perineal tear with my first (big ole noggin, lol). 42 crotch stitches that stung and itched like a MFer for weeks, pooping was a horror show, but I was all caught up in baby bliss and honestly never thought for one second that my birth was the birth to compare all other's to. I just gave birth...like all mothers do. Jeez.
I was talking to my OB after my second about a “normal uncomplicated birth”. He said in his 30 years of practicing he has yet to see one. Everyone’s got something but I think most forget because they are enjoying their little babes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Locked

Return to “Ellie and Jared”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests