Aussiegal2017
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E&J: Tender Tommy and the Motherless siblings. Part #40

Unread post by Aussiegal2017 »

littlebaby wrote:
Aussiegal2017 wrote:Is it normal for preschool to be only 4 hours a week when your turning 5 . We have 3yo and 4yo preschool classes in Australia . Seems odd

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
There are different options/classes depending on age and need. When I was in preschool I had regular full eight hour days because that’s just what my parents needed since they both worked full time. In Ellie and Jared’s podcast today she mentioned that Jackson would just cry about being home and not being with/making friends and that was a primary reason for putting him in preschool, but since they’re both stay at home parents they don’t need to be gone the full day.

It’s also not uncommon for five year olds to be in preschool if they’re only turning five because you usually start kindergarten turning six. He’s not even five yet so he’ll start kindergarten next fall and turn six in January, which is standard for kindergarten. They may only keep him in half-day kindergarten at that point too which seems to be more common in Utah from what I can tell. I think that’s what Bonnie is doing with Boston. Some states don’t even require kindergarten still which I think is absurd (thinking of parents that don’t care to educate their kids in the meantime at least).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks makes sense then .
Our 4yo preschool is 6 hours and 5 days over a fortnight . Then full day kindergarten once they are turning 5 at school .
2 hours seems so short .

crowmtmom78
Informer
Informer

Unread post by crowmtmom78 »

Aussiegal2017 wrote:
littlebaby wrote:
Aussiegal2017 wrote:Is it normal for preschool to be only 4 hours a week when your turning 5 . We have 3yo and 4yo preschool classes in Australia . Seems odd

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
There are different options/classes depending on age and need. When I was in preschool I had regular full eight hour days because that’s just what my parents needed since they both worked full time. In Ellie and Jared’s podcast today she mentioned that Jackson would just cry about being home and not being with/making friends and that was a primary reason for putting him in preschool, but since they’re both stay at home parents they don’t need to be gone the full day.

It’s also not uncommon for five year olds to be in preschool if they’re only turning five because you usually start kindergarten turning six. He’s not even five yet so he’ll start kindergarten next fall and turn six in January, which is standard for kindergarten. They may only keep him in half-day kindergarten at that point too which seems to be more common in Utah from what I can tell. I think that’s what Bonnie is doing with Boston. Some states don’t even require kindergarten still which I think is absurd (thinking of parents that don’t care to educate their kids in the meantime at least).

Thanks makes sense then .
Our 4yo preschool is 6 hours and 5 days over a fortnight . Then full day kindergarten once they are turning 5 at school .
2 hours seems so short .

That is a very short time! They can't possibly be learning much 4 hours a week. I have never understood half day kindergarten either. I don't think any school in Alabama has it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
YTIUH
Informer
Informer

Unread post by YTIUH »

littlebaby wrote:So I’m rewatching their vlogs basically from the beginning on auto play while I clean out my closet and dressers and it just never fails to amaze me how different they are, and it only gets crazier as time goes on. I honestly don’t remember when I started watching but I have definitely skipped a lot of vlogs so I want to get the whole entire picture all at once with this “rewatch” of their vlogs lol. But it’ll take a while! I’m particularly interested in seeing again with more hindsight how she changed after Calvin was born.

I also always forget how ridiculously similar she looked to Natalie Portman in the beginning. I would never think to connect the two with the way she looks now.

I think she looks more like Natalie Portman now than ever before :)
grapesandbeans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by grapesandbeans »

I dont understand sending your kids to school for 4 hours a week? Unless you're working with them at home on math, reading, letters, shapes etc. Id rather send mine for a bit longer and have them be slghtly ahead in certain areas than the rest of their peers, dont want them lagging behind even if you need them at home for better content :D
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

littlebaby wrote:So I’m rewatching their vlogs basically from the beginning on auto play while I clean out my closet and dressers and it just never fails to amaze me how different they are, and it only gets crazier as time goes on. I honestly don’t remember when I started watching but I have definitely skipped a lot of vlogs so I want to get the whole entire picture all at once with this “rewatch” of their vlogs lol. But it’ll take a while! I’m particularly interested in seeing again with more hindsight how she changed after Calvin was born.

I also always forget how ridiculously similar she looked to Natalie Portman in the beginning. I would never think to connect the two with the way she looks now.

100% agree- when she was healthy I saw a lot of Natalie Portman in her face. I used to think Ellie was really pretty but idk I think the hair and the personality has colored my opinion lol

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Todays drama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Todays drama »

Why did Jared have to keep harping on how sometimes school can be a little scary? Calvin’s smile went instantly to a confused look. Jared should have given Calvin a positive and upbeat message, how much fun it will be, all the new friends he’ll meet and how helpful and nice teacher are. As far as Ellie’s Tommy time, she never lets that baby down. If she’s in bed or on the couch, so is he. She carries him around like he’s hers and only hers. Like a little girl that got a Christmas doll that no one was allowed to play with but her. Jared got the boys ready for school while she sat on the couch with Tommy. What would she do if Jared had to work outside the house and she was alone with the kids? Either poor Penny is in the garage, banned from the house or she’s in that dog school. They should let her be placed in a home where she’d be loved and included. Breaks my heart to know that Ellie is so passive with her. Just shows what a cold hearted person she is.
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

Do people really make it like going to preschool is going to actual school? Also, why do they need backpacks for 2 hours. I doubt they are going for 2 hours 2x a week. It's probably like 5 x for 4 hours.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Todays drama wrote:Why did Jared have to keep harping on how sometimes school can be a little scary? Calvin’s smile went instantly to a confused look. Jared should have given Calvin a positive and upbeat message, how much fun it will be, all the new friends he’ll meet and how helpful and nice teacher are. As far as Ellie’s Tommy time, she never lets that baby down. If she’s in bed or on the couch, so is he. She carries him around like he’s hers and only hers. Like a little girl that got a Christmas doll that no one was allowed to play with but her. Jared got the boys ready for school while she sat on the couch with Tommy. What would she do if Jared had to work outside the house and she was alone with the kids? Either poor Penny is in the garage, banned from the house or she’s in that dog school. They should let her be placed in a home where she’d be loved and included. Breaks my heart to know that Ellie is so passive with her. Just shows what a cold hearted person she is.
I'm terrible, but i often wish that Jared would have to take a job outside of the house just to watch Ellie struggle lol. Not that i wish REAL struggles on anyone, but taking care of your kids isn't something that should be such a hardship for Ellie. She would be unable to cope and would have to have someone come in and help her. She is overwhelmed on a daily basis by things that most mothers wouldn't bat an eye at. It's sad when i think Missy is better at taking care of her kids alone than Ellie is. At least Missy (so far) knows she needed to stop at 2, bc she wouldnt be able to handle 3.
Madsmom110
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Madsmom110 »

The boys are in more of a mother's morning out type program. And, surprisingly, they can teach a lot in that time. They have to follow a curriculum too. Most of these programs are from 9am to 11:45am twice a week.
Very common.
And book bags are fun a part of the experience of school. They probably keep their extra change of clothes and school papers in it.

Not WKing for them, but acting like a preschool like this doesn't exist is silly.
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

Wow, a few recent videos havent even hit 100k

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
grapesandbeans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by grapesandbeans »

iPhone call?Whats the difference between an iphone call and a normal call?
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

YTIUH wrote:

I think she looks more like Natalie Portman now than ever before :)
That’s interesting lol, I think her brown hair and the length really added to it.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201809 ... 815a39.jpg[/img]

(It’s hard to get similar angles/closeness for pictures but you get the idea lol)

chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

E&J: Tender Tommy and the Motherless siblings. Part #40

Unread post by chloe6124 »

It’s very normal to go to preschool only a few hours a week at their ages. My guess is they go to a church preschool. Where my niece and nephew went at 3 they would go twice a week for a few hours each day. At 4 they would go 3 days a week for a few hours. If their birthdays are late summer early fall and they miss the cutoff for kindergarten at 5 there were a couple options. They could go 4 days for a few hours each day or be in the pre-K program and they would go all five days all day. There are lots of options depending on where you want them to go.

Because my niece and nephew had August birthdays they didn’t go to kindergarten until 6. So they had 3 years of preschool. Both of them excel at reading and math and are ahead of their grade.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

People put too much emphasis on preschool. A child can excel in school and be ahead having never gone to a preschool program at all. Parental engagement has so much more to do with a child’s intelligence than preschool does.

Now we know that E&J suck at that, and we now know that the boys can’t even play freely upstairs where their parents are, so I’m glad that Calvin and Jackson are in something for their sakes. 4 hrs a week of attention, structure and learning are better than nothing.

YellowSweater1950
Informer
Informer

Unread post by YellowSweater1950 »

Aurielle wrote:iPhone call?Whats the difference between an iphone call and a normal call?
I came here to say the same thing. Then I heard today Apple is releasing new iPhone news or something? J think they’re trying to get more views by tricking YT’s algorithm.

On a similar note, it annoys me how YTers will blame YT’s subscription fees and/or notification Bell not working for lack of views. Like, if I want to watch someone I’ll search them out so REGARDLESS they shouldn’t be losing that many views if they had a consistent viewership. (I don’t subscribe to daily bloggers, and i don’t have my notifications on for YT at all. Yet all of my subscribers get views from me AND I remember the bloggers I occasionally check out.)

A small YouTube channel I followed started using clickbait titles and begged for likes, comments, subscribe, and notification bells. I understand certain people need to make money, but it was obnoxious and anyone who asked them to chill out or gave any advice contrary to wait they were doing were “haters”. Lo and behold, their viewership TANKED.

There’s something to be said for a loyal fan base and creating consistent viewership. When you toss your loyal fans to the side for cheap views you won’t last in the long run, or sell out and lose respect. Evidence can be seen in the likes of E&J and Daily Bumps.

All of these bloggers risk becoming has beens or completely selling out and become fake beyond recognition.
Kylielou
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Kylielou »

I just finished our final year of preschool for my last child in Utah. Most preschools in Utah run two hours a day, twice a week for ages 3/4 and anywhere from 2-3 hours for ages 4/5 either twice or three times a week. It was actually a bit difficult for me to find a preschool that was on the longer end of things (ie 3 hrs). Most preschools here last two hours a day. And kindergarten is half day which SUCKS... I'm jealous of all the hams with full day kindergarten! There are still lots of SAHM's in Utah and I think preschools have shorter times here to make them more affordable. I've spent $120-$150/month typically but there are some that are cheaper than that. The market here just won't support preschools that are costing the equivalent of a car payment. If you want preschool that is longer than three hours your only options I've found is daycare that has a preschool associated with it.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

YellowSweater1950 wrote:
Aurielle wrote:iPhone call?Whats the difference between an iphone call and a normal call?
I came here to say the same thing. Then I heard today Apple is releasing new iPhone news or something? J think they’re trying to get more views by tricking YT’s algorithm.

On a similar note, it annoys me how YTers will blame YT’s subscription fees and/or notification Bell not working for lack of views. Like, if I want to watch someone I’ll search them out so REGARDLESS they shouldn’t be losing that many views if they had a consistent viewership. (I don’t subscribe to daily bloggers, and i don’t have my notifications on for YT at all. Yet all of my subscribers get views from me AND I remember the bloggers I occasionally check out.)

A small YouTube channel I followed started using clickbait titles and begged for likes, comments, subscribe, and notification bells. I understand certain people need to make money, but it was obnoxious and anyone who asked them to chill out or gave any advice contrary to wait they were doing were “haters”. Lo and behold, their viewership TANKED.

There’s something to be said for a loyal fan base and creating consistent viewership. When you toss your loyal fans to the side for cheap views you won’t last in the long run, or sell out and lose respect. Evidence can be seen in the likes of E&J and Daily Bumps.

All of these bloggers risk becoming has beens or completely selling out and become fake beyond recognition.
Kitties Mama was a very successful channel for a while, and had money rolling in. They used to do vlogs and Monster High makeup tutorials. Then they got flaky, and didn't upload consistently or put out good content, while continuing to live an extravagant lifestyle. Now they are selling their house and complaining that YouTube is the reason they're broke.
No. _They're_ the reason they're broke. Because they thought the gravy train would never run out.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

People don’t like watching something that is already a week or more old. Holy crap..letting Calvin push on Tommy’s mouth was frightening. Then..the tiny toy that would have been IN his mouth from Jackson. I got the feeling something horrible is going to happen to that baby. I’m afraid for him.
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

Jared posted in the comments section thanking people for being there today, especially knowing that Apple is launching the new iPhone today. They need to get their title and description matching-one said iphone call and the other said facetime. I knew they had one coming out, but didn't know when. Knowing Jared, he's hinting for Apple to give him a new phone since he promoted Ellie's iphone is helping her with her Bollie clothes line!! :D

Big ole snoozefest today! Ellie's tired-that has to come up every day! She's not the only one that has lost sleep with a newborn! Oh and how dare Jared sleep through the night and not get up with Tommy! Since she breastfeeds, I haven't understood why he was having to get up every night too.

Podcast was super boring too. I couldn't listen to the whole thing in one sitting! There view on education was concerning. They were talking about experiences was just as important as actual time in a classroom That told me if they get a chance to do something like Joel and Bonnie's Hawaii trip, they will have no qualms about doing it. Guess Bonnie and Joel share the same philosophy on education.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

sheltiefan wrote:
Jared posted in the comments section thanking people for being there today, especially knowing that Apple is launching the new iPhone today. They need to get their title and description matching-one said iphone call and the other said facetime. I knew they had one coming out, but didn't know when. Knowing Jared, he's hinting for Apple to give him a new phone since he promoted Ellie's iphone is helping her with her Bollie clothes line!! :D

Big ole snoozefest today! Ellie's tired-that has to come up every day! She's not the only one that has lost sleep with a newborn! Oh and how dare Jared sleep through the night and not get up with Tommy! Since she breastfeeds, I haven't understood why he was having to get up every night too.

Podcast was super boring too. I couldn't listen to the whole thing in one sitting! There view on education was concerning. They were talking about experiences was just as important as actual time in a classroom That told me if they get a chance to do something like Joel and Bonnie's Hawaii trip, they will have no qualms about doing it. Guess Bonnie and Joel share the same philosophy on education.
I don’t have a problem with the overall argument that experiences are as important as classroom time. My son goes to private school, and most of the kids take a vacation at some point during the school year. Those kids are more worldly and empathetic than I could have been at that age having never gone anywhere. We prepare before my son leaves, and he never really needs to catch up when he returns. That said, if he were struggling in school at all, I wouldn’t do it.

The problem is, I don’t think the Griffiths are likely to actually teach their children much while they are away. Money doesn’t get spent on the children, so there likely wouldn’t be museum/historical tours, nature tours, marine biology lessons, etc. Nothing. Just the boring everyday routine in a new setting with more IG photo ops for Ellie and Jared.

Plus the “chance” they are talking about is if anyone paid for them to do it. Ellie spends $600 a pop on jewelry, flowers, and crap for herself, but they need to beg for vacations and a new hip for Jared.

How embarrassing.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”