E&J: Tender Tommy and the Motherless siblings. Part #40

Ckc717
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E&J: Tender Tommy and the Motherless siblings. Part #40

Unread post by Ckc717 »

Jackson asked Ellie what 10+8 is and she said “I don’t know that’s a hard one” then completely changes the subject. Poor Jackson. Did Ellie truly not know the answer or is she so self absorbed she doesn’t care to reply to him and teach him?
JVK19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by JVK19 »

I remember that! I remember being shocked that she would just brush Jackson off like that. Terrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

I remember that too. I believe she straight up didn’t know. Remember, she skipped a lot of school. I think she, along with her siblings needed special ed help for learning disorders and never got the help they needed. Mom and Dad were too dumb to realize the kids weren’t very bright and just let it all slide. Sad. Now Jackson, who is bright will suffer with the same idiot Mom and not be supported intellectually. Jared is too busy acting like a wanna be movie star clown to support and challenge his intellect either. I hope Grandpa Meacham offers guidance for the kid. He seems to be wise. Now Cal on the other hand...seems to take after his Mom. :|
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

It’s a stretch to say she ignored him or didn’t know what 10+8 was because the camera cut and she started talking to “us.” I’m continually shocked at Ellie’s lack of education but even I am pretty confident that she knows what ten plus eight is lol. She was excited to see that Jackson knew 2+2 and 5+5 so I doubt she just changed the subject at 10+8. I don’t love defending her but the “good morning guys” after the camera cut could have even been a minute or two after the math talk. Cuts in videos don’t mean cuts in real life.

gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

Catface2 wrote:I remember that too. I believe she straight up didn’t know. Remember, she skipped a lot of school. I think she, along with her siblings needed special ed help for learning disorders and never got the help they needed. Mom and Dad were too dumb to realize the kids weren’t very bright and just let it all slide. Sad. Now Jackson, who is bright will suffer with the same idiot Mom and not be supported intellectually. Jared is too busy acting like a wanna be movie star clown to support and challenge his intellect either. I hope Grandpa Meacham offers guidance for the kid. He seems to be wise. Now Cal on the other hand...seems to take after his Mom. :|

I didn’t mean to like this. I think Calvin is going to be the smartest one and be more independent. He won’t be as groomed and will rebel. I hope he does at least.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

"Working Mom Goes on Business Trip" oh my hell... Ellie, you don't even do "mom work" you arent a working mom. she is a slap to the face of real working mothers. Bitch rarely lifts a finger
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

A few things I’ve noticed rewatching their old videos from the beginning:

Jared sang EVERYTHING and was so obnoxious back then but was somehow still less “on” than he is now.

Ellie was so obliviously and innocently content and happy. Very little complaining and aware of spending and in love with her life.

Jackson was and still is the CUTEST baby!! Ellie insisted in today’s video that Tommy looks so much like Jackson that she feels like she cant even get to know Tommy. Kind of roundabout thinking but I think Tommy looks like Calvin if Calvin looked like Jackson. Like if he didn’t have his Calvinisms as a baby/toddler. Though he is much cuter at three years old now.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201809 ... 45cab3.jpg[/img]

These are all roughly the same age of almost three months.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

chrimsi wrote:Working mom? What the hell.

Sendt fra min HUAWEI VNS-L21 med Tapatalk
That was exactly my reaction.

She is NOT a "working mom". I personally think that SAHM's are "working moms" as well as those who work outside the home.
But Ellie isn't even really a SAHM in the true definition. She stays at home, to be sure, but she doesn't mother, except for treating Tommy like a living baby doll.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

littlebaby wrote:A few things I’ve noticed rewatching their old videos from the beginning:

Jared sang EVERYTHING and was so obnoxious back then but was somehow still less “on” than he is now.

Ellie was so obliviously and innocently content and happy. Very little complaining and aware of spending and in love with her life.

Jackson was and still is the CUTEST baby!! Ellie insisted in today’s video that Tommy looks so much like Jackson that she feels like she cant even get to know Tommy. Kind of roundabout thinking but I think Tommy looks like Calvin if Calvin looked like Jackson. Like if he didn’t have his Calvinisms as a baby/toddler. Though he is much cuter at three years old now.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201809 ... 45cab3.jpg[/img]

These are all roughly the same age of almost three months.

Definitely a mecham

He looks like himself .. Open the curtain in that bedroom, stinky

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I gotta say it is really, really weird and dissonant to be watching this innocent happy 23 year old mom and then coming on here to see the current state of affairs about them lol. It’s just so.. confusing to see how they used to be. I still don’t know if I’m one of the ones that believes Ellie was “always” the way she is now and YouTube success just exacerbated it, or if she was actually a nicer, happier person in the beginning and was completely changed by YouTube. I might have a more developed opinion the more videos I watch. It’s hard to see the whole picture watching over several years so maybe watching all of them in a short time will open my eyes more.

(Sorry if no one cares about my rewatch lol but it is SO interesting)

ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

Playsinrain wrote:"Working Mom Goes on Business Trip" oh my hell... Ellie, you don't even do "mom work" you arent a working mom. she is a slap to the face of real working mothers. Bitch rarely lifts a finger
I disagree. She lifts a finger to stuff her face with Oreos while laying in bed all day. It is a slap in the face to real working moms - those who work outside the house and those who stay at home. She's a bitch alright.
chrimsi
Talker
Talker

Unread post by chrimsi »

Tommy is just such a cutie

If just his mom........

Sendt fra min HUAWEI VNS-L21 med Tapatalk
grapesandbeans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by grapesandbeans »

Sometimes I really despise some religions for preaching that you should have so many children and society making it seem that having a girl and a boy = happy life. I know so many people with 3 boys who are super close in age rather wait a few years and hopefully you'll pop out a girl, seems like there is a better chance if you wait a bit. When you cannot and know you cannot mentally or financially deal with another child then dont have it for the sake of having a kid of the opposite gender.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Aurielle wrote:Sometimes I really despise some religions for preaching that you should have so many children and society making it seem that having a girl and a boy = happy life. I know so many people with 3 boys who are super close in age rather wait a few years and hopefully you'll pop out a girl, seems like there is a better chance if you wait a bit. When you cannot and know you cannot mentally or financially deal with another child then dont have it for the sake of having a kid of the opposite gender.
I agree. The gender thing as a whole really rubs me the wrong way though. If you let your kids be who they are, and like whatever they want to, you’ll be surprised how unclear the gender divide is. My oldest son is more “girly” than my friend’s daughter is. The pink vs blue thing, is just something parents put on their child. There isn’t some genetic predisposition for males to like blue and females to prefer pink. All kids are different regardless of gender. Those that think “one of each” is going to be different due to the stereotypical gender “norms” are usually the ones more likely to push those expectations onto their children.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Aurielle wrote:Sometimes I really despise some religions for preaching that you should have so many children and society making it seem that having a girl and a boy = happy life. I know so many people with 3 boys who are super close in age rather wait a few years and hopefully you'll pop out a girl, seems like there is a better chance if you wait a bit. When you cannot and know you cannot mentally or financially deal with another child then dont have it for the sake of having a kid of the opposite gender.
I agree. The gender thing as a whole really rubs me the wrong way though. If you let your kids be who they are, and like whatever they want to, you’ll be surprised how unclear the gender divide is. My oldest son is more “girly” than my friend’s daughter is. The pink vs blue thing, is just something parents put on their child. There isn’t some genetic predisposition for males to like blue and females to prefer pink. All kids are different regardless of gender. Those that think “one of each” is going to be different due to the stereotypical gender “norms” are usually the ones more likely to push those expectations onto their children.

I have a different relationship with my daughter than with my son, but it's more about them being different people than their gender.

js215
Talker
Talker

Unread post by js215 »

littlebaby wrote:It’s a stretch to say she ignored him or didn’t know what 10+8 was because the camera cut and she started talking to “us.” I’m continually shocked at Ellie’s lack of education but even I am pretty confident that she knows what ten plus eight is lol. She was excited to see that Jackson knew 2+2 and 5+5 so I doubt she just changed the subject at 10+8. I don’t love defending her but the “good morning guys” after the camera cut could have even been a minute or two after the math talk. Cuts in videos don’t mean cuts in real life.

I took it more as it's hard to demonstrate adding 8+10 using just your fingers, and that's why she stopped their little math lesson. I guess it's possible she doesn't know the answer but that's pretty unlikely even for her lol.
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

js215 wrote:
littlebaby wrote:It’s a stretch to say she ignored him or didn’t know what 10+8 was because the camera cut and she started talking to “us.” I’m continually shocked at Ellie’s lack of education but even I am pretty confident that she knows what ten plus eight is lol. She was excited to see that Jackson knew 2+2 and 5+5 so I doubt she just changed the subject at 10+8. I don’t love defending her but the “good morning guys” after the camera cut could have even been a minute or two after the math talk. Cuts in videos don’t mean cuts in real life.

I took it more as it's hard to demonstrate adding 8+10 using just your fingers, and that's why she stopped their little math lesson. I guess it's possible she doesn't know the answer but that's pretty unlikely even for her lol.
I agree with this. 18 would require a different approach so she changed the subject because she was driving and couldn’t quite try to explain the concept without a visual aid.
I am still not over the fact that they used the word iPhone on the title of the (previous) vlog to get more clicks. How pathetic.
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Update on my rewatch (I ended up switching to watching one video a week instead of every single vlog up to Calvin’s pregnancy announcement) and now I’m in November 2014. At this point in time Ellie is on cloud nine. They just moved to their new apartment, Calvin’s on the way and the pregnancy is healthy, she’s VERY interactive with the viewers and seems very happy to vlog. There is a bit more confidence in her compared to when they first started vlogging. So far that’s the biggest difference I’ve noticed in her (which is the main reason I’m watching... to see where exactly she changed besides just generalizing it to “after Calvin”). She’s still just very happy but much more aware of the fact that thousands of people watch her and she loves it. She talks about being thankful for the viewers A LOT and still writes handwritten thank you notes to those that send them things. She’s also very proud that she’s getting the hang of vlogging and editing including with her own channel. Also, up to this point there had only been one or two sponsored posts. I thought that was significant to mention.

Really no differences in Jared to be honest. And Jackson gets cuter every vlog!

ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

lmmomSD wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

I have a different relationship with my daughter than with my son, but it's more about them being different people than their gender.

It's funny because I have a daughter and a son. Everybody told me my daughter would be my best friend when she got older and my son would find a girl and I would hardly ever see him. It turned out to be the opposite. My daughter hardly ever calls never mind visits and my son is so caring and treats me so good. He stops by all the time to see if I need anything. So much for stereotyping.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”