Ellie & Jared - Views Are Stale - Tesla For Sale | Part 41

ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Ellie & Jared - Views Are Stale - Tesla For Sale | Part

Unread post by ba1006 »

Maybe Bree was watching all the boys and the baby would have been too much for her. I wonder why Ellie or Bonnie couldn't drive themselves to the hotel. Seems kind of strange to have Joel drive them there if he wasn't staying.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Ducklings4 wrote:
Catface2 wrote:Could she have brought him because one of the Sisters in law..I think Emily was there and she doesn’t get to see him very often?
That would mean Ellie was thinking of someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This. Not sure what the deal is with this board lately, but people try to attribute logic and behaviours to Ellie we’ve just never seen before. She has a pattern, and we’ve been watching long enough to know how she operates.

And even if Ellie did have the ability to think about others, Emily wouldn’t be on the list.

Ohnonotme
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Ohnonotme »

HelloSweetie wrote:
KayCeeee wrote:
xx+YTfan+xx wrote:It REALLY bothers me that Ellie totes Tommy along with her everywhere, even now that she's not nursing. I'm a nursing mom and even I don't bring my baby places where babies shouldn't be.
Also, why did she bring him to the tea party? It was literally a *girls* day. She's not nursing him.. did she just feel bad being left out since she's the only one without a daughter?
While I agree that she totes him around like an accessory ALL the time, personally I liked that she brought Tommy to the tea party. This discussion board brings up how the Griffiths are so gender-oriented pretty frequently, so I saw this as a win. And let's be honest, she would have been criticized for not bringing him.
No, she wouldn’t have been criticized for not bringing him to an event where he would only be an unnecessary distraction. Bringing an older boy like Calvin and Jackson is an example of defying gender roles, not bringing an infant that is still more or less gender neutral. Ellie brings Tommy as a way to keep the attention on herself because she then needs help. He could have stayed home.

If she had come with Jackson or Calvin, this board would have gone crazy. She would have been called an attention seeker, special snowflake, didn’t she get the memo about it being a girls tea party, wearing her “mum of boys” badge like the martyr she is. Should she have left Tommy at home - yes, but let’s not pretend she would have been praised for giving the finger to gender stereotypes. Plus, what’s wrong with still having only boy/girl activities? Everything is too PC these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

My question is, if the party was for the girl cousins only, why is Ellie even there? maybe that's harsh but i'm sure someone here gets what i'm saying.... (i haven't watched the vlog, so maybe she explains, but if Ellie has no daughters then she should just wait for the boy's only activities, stop inserting herself and making things about her.)
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Ohnonotme wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
KayCeeee wrote: While I agree that she totes him around like an accessory ALL the time, personally I liked that she brought Tommy to the tea party. This discussion board brings up how the Griffiths are so gender-oriented pretty frequently, so I saw this as a win. And let's be honest, she would have been criticized for not bringing him.
No, she wouldn’t have been criticized for not bringing him to an event where he would only be an unnecessary distraction. Bringing an older boy like Calvin and Jackson is an example of defying gender roles, not bringing an infant that is still more or less gender neutral. Ellie brings Tommy as a way to keep the attention on herself because she then needs help. He could have stayed home.

If she had come with Jackson or Calvin, this board would have gone crazy. She would have been called an attention seeker, special snowflake, didn’t she get the memo about it being a girls tea party, wearing her “mum of boys” badge like the martyr she is. Should she have left Tommy at home - yes, but let’s not pretend she would have been praised for giving the finger to gender stereotypes. Plus, what’s wrong with still having only boy/girl activities? Everything is too PC these days.

No she wouldn’t. We would have been glad the BOYS were invited. The ladies of this board aren’t the ones that think boys shouldn’t be included in things like that, but nice try.

And Ellie was praised for letting Calvin have a doll.... until it became wall about baby training so....

And about the boy/girl activities, it’s almost 2019. It isn’t about being PC, it’s about being intelligent enough to realize that gender and interests go far beyond a person’s genitalia.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Playsinrain wrote:My question is, if the party was for the girl cousins only, why is Ellie even there? maybe that's harsh but i'm sure someone here gets what i'm saying.... (i haven't watched the vlog, so maybe she explains, but if Ellie has no daughters then she should just wait for the boy's only activities, stop inserting herself and making things about her.)
I can see not excluding Ellie, but the Griffith girls do activists that exclude many of the other sisters all the time. She didn’t need to go if she couldn’t get a sitter and help make the day solely about her nieces.

gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

Playsinrain wrote:My question is, if the party was for the girl cousins only, why is Ellie even there? maybe that's harsh but i'm sure someone here gets what i'm saying.... (i haven't watched the vlog, so maybe she explains, but if Ellie has no daughters then she should just wait for the boy's only activities, stop inserting herself and making things about her.)
I think it makes sense to invite Ellie. Like you wouldn't exclude a sibling because they don't have children, therefore just because she has boys she should be invited. Adults like to attend afternoon teas as well. I think though that this would have been something Jackson would have enjoyed.
Ohnonotme
Gossiper
Gossiper

I think the tea was a mother/daughter occasion. As Jennifer was there, and Ellie is her daughter, that’s why she came.

Ohnonotme
Gossiper
Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
Ohnonotme wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: No, she wouldn’t have been criticized for not bringing him to an event where he would only be an unnecessary distraction. Bringing an older boy like Calvin and Jackson is an example of defying gender roles, not bringing an infant that is still more or less gender neutral. Ellie brings Tommy as a way to keep the attention on herself because she then needs help. He could have stayed home.

No she wouldn’t. We would have been glad the BOYS were invited. The ladies of this board aren’t the ones that think boys shouldn’t be included in things like that, but nice try.

And Ellie was praised for letting Calvin have a doll.... until it became wall about baby training so....

And about the boy/girl activities, it’s almost 2019. It isn’t about being PC, it’s about being intelligent enough to realize that gender and interests go far beyond a person’s genitalia.

Thank you for your response, but I still don’t think too many of you would have cheered her on for bringing her sons. Of course gender interests go beyond what’s between a persons legs, but everybody goes into a meltdown if there are specific boy/girl activities, but for Gods sake it was a high tea for the girls, not a life changing decision making workshop.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Ohnonotme wrote:
Thank you for your response, but I still don’t think too many of you would have cheered her on for bringing her sons. Of course gender interests go beyond what’s between a persons legs, but everybody goes into a meltdown if there are specific boy/girl activities, but for Gods sake it was a high tea for the girls, not a life changing decision making workshop.

If she had come with the boys, we would have assumed they were invited. No, we wouldn’t argue that it should be “girls only.” Not a chance. You’re on the Bonnie board, and no one has ever questioned the few times Olivia has been included in fishing or camping. It’s been praised.

And you said it yourself, it was a high tea for THE GIRLS.... not an event that someone needs to bring a (non-bf’ing) baby to, when they can easily make other arrangements. There are other people to think about.

But this is Ellie, she brings infants to movie premieres as well, so being courteous to others just isn’t her priority.

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

I personally feel that it was fine for Ellie to be there and also fine that she brought Tommy. I don't think the boys' vs girls' orientated activities really have much to do with this discussion as Tommy is an infant. But I have to say that I really find it hard when people complain that the world is "too PC" these days. It's encouraging to move forward in my opinion.
Toodles123
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Toodles123 »

New Thread :

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Return to “Ellie and Jared”