HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Ellie and Jared: Views as low as Ellie's Iron PART 42

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Ohnonotme wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
Ohnonotme wrote: You make it sound like the boys got lumps of coal for Christmas, and get around dressed like street urchins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That’s not at all what she said and you know it. She said Ellie doesn’t give much thought into the gifts she gives. Not everyone wants or needs a Yeti cup. Using it as a gift for a woman in her twenties, and a woman in her 60s is quite lazy and impersonal.

While the boys did get gifts, they arguably got things she wanted them to have and more what would suit her or make her life easier.... like an outside basketball hoop (weird gift for a 5 year old) so the boys can play outside, or a marble run that doesn’t come apart so there is less mess and clutter than say LEGO. I’ve said it before and stand by it, Ellie’s gifts always seem impersonal and like they were purchased for a distant relative, rather than someone she actually knows well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I never mentioned the shitty Yeti cups as gifts for her in-laws and other people she chose to give out as a job lot. But it is completely wrong to say she denies them “good toys”, and particularly “good clothes”. Doesn’t matter if they don’t meet your approval, or mine, but it is completely wrong to make it sound like they get around in crap clothing and are denied decent toys. Jackson seemed delighted with the basketball game.

She has admitted to only buying them a few pairs of clothes so they can dress themselves and to limit laundry. She also neglected to buy Calvin a pair of shoes all last summer, and just let him wear his gum boots to run around in. The winter before that Jackson wore shoes and puddle boots part of the winter because she couldn’t (wouldn’t) buy him winter boots. We’ve already seen the boys out plenty of times without coats when it’s cold enough to have them on.

But they are denied decent toys. We don’t say they have NO toys. While I’m sure Jackson will love his basketball hoop, it isn’t a toy he’s going to be able to use all the time. It’s just a fact that Ellie limits their messy toys. By all means, prove me wrong. I’ve been watching a long time, and Ellie’s minimalist style goes all the way back to when Calvin was a baby. We noticed it back then, and most of us were fans! They absolutely live minimalist lives compared to most kids, and even their own parents. This is definitely influenced by how they were raised, and all the Griffiths are guilty of carrying it on into the next generation.

littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ellie and Jared: Views as low as Ellie's Iron PART 42

Unread post by littlebaby »

I don’t know why but the “rewind” part of the vlog during the new year’s countdown seemed really poorly done. Jared has shown talent before in setting up nice theatrical type vlogs like the birth and birthday vlogs, but this was bad. I think it was the almost sad sounding flashbacks juxtaposed with the energized new year’s countdown. He should have had a minute countdown on the screen to start showing flashbacks with more upbeat music and then have their audio of the 10-1 countdown over the really important flashbacks, then the shot of all of them saying Happy New Year at the end. But what do I know

littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

I don’t know why but the “rewind” part of the vlog during the new year’s countdown seemed really poorly done. Jared has shown talent before in setting up nice theatrical type vlogs like the birth and birthday vlogs, but this was bad. I think it was the almost sad sounding flashbacks juxtaposed with the energized new year’s countdown. He should have had a minute countdown on the screen to start showing flashbacks with more upbeat music and then have their audio of the 10-1 countdown over the really important flashbacks, then the shot of all of them saying Happy New Year at the end. But what do I know

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Ohnonotme wrote: You make it sound like the boys got lumps of coal for Christmas, and get around dressed like street urchins.

That’s not at all what she said and you know it. She said Ellie doesn’t give much thought into the gifts she gives. Not everyone wants or needs a Yeti cup. Using it as a gift for a woman in her twenties, and a woman in her 60s is quite lazy and impersonal.

While the boys did get gifts, they arguably got things she wanted them to have and more what would suit her or make her life easier.... like an outside basketball hoop (weird gift for a 5 year old) so the boys can play outside, or a marble run that doesn’t come apart so there is less mess and clutter than say LEGO. I’ve said it before and stand by it, Ellie’s gifts always seem impersonal and like they were purchased for a distant relative, rather than someone she actually knows well.

NOT defending bc Ellie sucks at gift giving, but that basketball thing Jackson got isn't for outside. It's one of those small arcade style basketball games where 2 people shoot against each other. They have it set up in the garage, so he can play with it whenever, bc we know Ellie loves shoving them in some room alone to play, like when the trampolines were in there. It's not a real, outside, regulation size hoop.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Playsinrain wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

NOT defending bc Ellie sucks at gift giving, but that basketball thing Jackson got isn't for outside. It's one of those small arcade style basketball games where 2 people shoot against each other. They have it set up in the garage, so he can play with it whenever, bc we know Ellie loves shoving them in some room alone to play, like when the trampolines were in there. It's not a real, outside, regulation size hoop.
My bad about the hoop, I commented before I finished watching. My opinion stands though. It was a very impersonal gift for him. I have an 11 year old and a 4 year old. I don’t see where that’s a gift that will actually hold his attention past Christmas. What little kid wants to play alone in the garage? My little guy likes to play where I am. Just seems like a miss personality wise.

I also think it’s a hidden sponsorship. I hated the tramps in the garage, but those are less of a novelty item, and at least were an item directed at a younger child.

awinedengar
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by awinedengar »

Has anyone noticed her post about her weight on insta? She stopped breastfeeding Tommy at 102lbs because she didnt want to lose anymore weight.....

I'm flabbergasted. So you denied your child and yourself that wonderful bond, as well as a boost in his immunity because you were worried about your weight? This girl really does only think about herself. Even if I lost 100 lbs, I wouldn't just stop breastfeeding my baby. I have dealt with thyroid issues most of my life, but I'm the opposite and I gain weight uncontrollably if I dont stick to a gluten free vegan diet, and my thyroid supplements. But I would NEVER deny my child breastmilk.

I may just be me, but i was really annoyed with the post. I'd kill to weigh 102 lbs. And she is complaining about weighing 99 lbs...
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Ellie and Jared: Views as low as Ellie's Iron PART 42

I don’t blame any mom for not breastfeeding her child. That is 100% a personal choice, and not one I side eye a mother putting herself first over.

It is completely possible to bond with your child without breastfeeding. Ellie breastfed Calvin and Tommy. Is she more bonded to them than Jackson? Not exactly.

I criticize Ellie for a ton of things, but not this one. She’s allowed to be selfish when it comes to her body and mental health. I do believe quitting had a lot more to do with wanting to TTC again, than it did not wanting to lose more weight though. Her argument about losing made no sense given that she said her wedding rings still didn’t fit yet, and she still looked bigger than she had before she got pregnant. More than 3 pounds bigger.

Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

awinedengar wrote:Has anyone noticed her post about her weight on insta? She stopped breastfeeding Tommy at 102lbs because she didnt want to lose anymore weight.....

I'm flabbergasted. So you denied your child and yourself that wonderful bond, as well as a boost in his immunity because you were worried about your weight? This girl really does only think about herself. Even if I lost 100 lbs, I wouldn't just stop breastfeeding my baby. I have dealt with thyroid issues most of my life, but I'm the opposite and I gain weight uncontrollably if I dont stick to a gluten free vegan diet, and my thyroid supplements. But I would NEVER deny my child breastmilk.

I may just be me, but i was really annoyed with the post. I'd kill to weigh 102 lbs. And she is complaining about weighing 99 lbs...
She's a selfish woman 100% but if she was really losing weight that fast, she absolutely made the right call. 99lbs is so unhealthy- she's looked skeletal before and doesn't need that again. It would have been best to go to her primary doctor for tips on gaining/ maintaining weight while breastfeeding but we all know that's not something she'd do so...Image

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
chatty
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chatty »

In the new year montage there was a clip that looked like Ellie and Jared were doing a podcast with a doctor (there were microphones). What video is this from? Are they interviewing Ellie’s doctor about her issues? I don’t watch them regularly.

SunnySide0
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SunnySide0 »

Calvin sleepwalking to the front door and then falling back asleep was hilarious.

Sykosammatic

Unread post by Sykosammatic »

Wow is she really trying to push her friends mlm on her followers? Monat is so terrible for your hair.
Bundy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bundy »

Sykosammatic wrote:Wow is she really trying to push her friends mlm on her followers? Monat is so terrible for your hair.
I didn’t listen, I tuned out after she praised it for her postpartum hair regrowth. No Ellie, your hair is growing back naturally because that’s what happens after it falls out when you have a baby. It’s not some miracle product.

Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

Sykosammatic wrote:Wow is she really trying to push her friends mlm on her followers? Monat is so terrible for your hair.
Lol and the pictures were hilarious! Like, oh yeah, congrats your hair is starting to grow in again...you know, how it naturally does lol no miracle product there

katewiththegoodhair
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by katewiththegoodhair »

awinedengar wrote:Has anyone noticed her post about her weight on insta? She stopped breastfeeding Tommy at 102lbs because she didnt want to lose anymore weight.....

She's probably just bragging about how small she is. Or she's just fishing for compliments.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:I don’t blame any mom for not breastfeeding her child. That is 100% a personal choice, and not one I side eye a mother putting herself first over.

It is completely possible to bond with your child without breastfeeding. Ellie breastfed Calvin and Tommy. Is she more bonded to them than Jackson? Not exactly.

I criticize Ellie for a ton of things, but not this one. She’s allowed to be selfish when it comes to her body and mental health. I do believe quitting had a lot more to do with wanting to TTC again, than it did not wanting to lose more weight though. Her argument about losing made no sense given that she said her wedding rings still didn’t fit yet, and she still looked bigger than she had before she got pregnant. More than 3 pounds bigger.

I liked the wrong post! I wish there was a way to take it back...
Considering how cachectic she got trying to keep breastfeeding Calvin, it's actually a good thing that she stopped. Some women can't breastfeed for one reason or another. I had to stop breastfeeding my son, and we bonded just fine. We actually bonded better when he was on soy formula and not screaming constantly and having nasty diarrhea and tummy aches.
That whole post of Ellie's was weird, especially the bit about how many pounds she weighs. She is so obsessed with appearances and being tiny, and she is totally self absorbed and spoiled, but the one thing I can't judge her for is stopping breastfeeding after a few months because she was losing too much weight. Tommy got the important antibodies, and honestly, she is going to have issues bonding with any child once he develops a mind of his own.
She would be better off with Reborn dolls. She can dress them up and cuddle them, and they'll never grow up to sass her.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
purple_rain_82
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by purple_rain_82 »

131618 wrote:

She's a selfish woman 100% but if she was really losing weight that fast, she absolutely made the right call. 99lbs is so unhealthy- she's looked skeletal before and doesn't need that again. It would have been best to go to her primary doctor for tips on gaining/ maintaining weight while breastfeeding but we all know that's not something she'd do so...Image

It would probably have been enough if she had eaten more and healthier.... and get her thyroid checked out earlier. (From an endocrinologist and not her "hormone doctor".)
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

What were the kids sick with at the xmas party? Bc now Joel has strep and Bonnie and Ellie are both sick too.... WONDER WHY????

The problems with the rushed Ice Palace are beginning. Two vlogs now they are complaining of electrical issues.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Playsinrain wrote:What were the kids sick with at the xmas party? Bc now Joel has strep and Bonnie and Ellie are both sick too.... WONDER WHY????

The problems with the rushed Ice Palace are beginning. Two vlogs now they are complaining of electrical issues.
Jared also keeps tweeting about hearing “scratching noises” from within the walls. Shocking they are having electrical issues Image

I predict a move in the future.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:What were the kids sick with at the xmas party? Bc now Joel has strep and Bonnie and Ellie are both sick too.... WONDER WHY????

Jared also keeps tweeting about hearing “scratching noises” from within the walls. Shocking they are having electrical issues Image

It's freaking mice probably!!! We are currently trying to figure out how to get squirrels out of our attic. Can't figure out how the hell to get them out and we have searched the entire exterior of the house trying to find where they got in, but nothing!!! It's frustrating as hell bc they just party all damn night long and it's driving us all insane.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

HelloSweetie wrote:

Are they even having issues? Or just saying it to gear up for why they had to sell and build the ice palace 2.0?
Although they built with the same builder her mom used 20 years ago, and we all know anything queen Jennifer does is the absolute best so I’m not sure who they would build with this time around?

Return to “Ellie and Jared”