E+J: Treating Our Anxiety With Self Care & Destination Travel | Part 124

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: E+J: Treating Our Anxiety With Self Care & Destination Travel | Part 124

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

ba1006 wrote:I wonder if all this talk about Ellie and Jared wanting to move somewhere warm is why Bonnie seems upset. They were so excited about that land they bought and probably had high hopes of building a mega-mansion on it and now maybe that's not going to happen. To be honest, if I was Bonnie I would be stressed too. Their channel failing, Bollie problems and Ellie not pulling her weight would drive me to drink.
Bollie too. No way E&J could afford a $600k mortgage without getting their invested money out of Bollie and/or the property. Could be that Ellie told Bonnie she wanted a buy out.

This is why you don’t invest with impulsive and fickle people.... or family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Do you think they've even made 600k from Bollie brand

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk

ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

HelloSweetie wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 4:39 pm
ba1006 wrote:I wonder if all this talk about Ellie and Jared wanting to move somewhere warm is why Bonnie seems upset. They were so excited about that land they bought and probably had high hopes of building a mega-mansion on it and now maybe that's not going to happen. To be honest, if I was Bonnie I would be stressed too. Their channel failing, Bollie problems and Ellie not pulling her weight would drive me to drink.
Bollie too. No way E&J could afford a $600k mortgage without getting their invested money out of Bollie and/or the property. Could be that Ellie told Bonnie she wanted a buy out.

They would have to sell their current house to buy the new one. I don't know how much they would get for it but their mortgage wouldn't be $600K. I would guess they could get at least $400 for it but I'm just guessing. When they bought their ice palace, they were making big bucks so maybe there's no mortgage on it?
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

HelloSweetie wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 4:39 pm

I would be so frustrated if I was Bonnie listening to this vlog. It appears to me Bonnie was the main worker in their business and worries more about it's outcome.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ba1006 wrote:
Catface2 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 12:03 pm That house they put in their thumbnail is 665,000. Why would they advertise that? It is actually for sale. Seems fishy to me.
I wonder how much they would get for their house in Utah? I'm sure their yard would turn prospective buyers away.
Plus all the upgrades priced it out of the neighborhood.
Nobody is going to want that awful yard and giant hot tub and weird laundry room with a toilet. Oh, and don't forget the "appliance bar" in the pantry. So many things _Ellie_ wanted.
She would HATE Florida in the summer. Utah summers are warm but not crazy hot or humid. I've never been to Florida, (except flight layovers in Miami) but I have been to New Orleans in July and lived in Virginia Beach, which isn't as humid as NOLA or Florida. And I was miserable. But my best friend loves it. She hates Southern California because it's too dry. Maybe Ellie would surprise us, but I doubt it. She would go back to lying in bed in the a/c.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

ewokfan11 wrote:
Ducklings4 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:50 pm As others have said, Ellie is depressed and bored. Because she is uneducated and has no desire to go back to school or take a business class to better herself. She is out of her league in all areas of her life. Rather than try to catch up or ask questions, she retreats and claims anxiety. She is immature and relies on Jared to do everything. Her mother did her no favors by letting her slide through life just being satisfied by being mama’s favorite. If Jared were to pass away, she would not be able to take care of herself and her three sons.
You mean to get her GED or high school diploma? I am 100% convinced her parents let her drop out of high school once she met Jared. That girl has an IQ of 2.
Didn’t she mention once they weren’t sure she was going to graduate?

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

They took out a mortgage on the place when they were making $80k a month. Pretty sure they still have a mortgage.

Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Cgl33 »

It’s completely bizarre that they wanted to pay someone to take their picture. Talk about insulting if they asked someone and offered money. But Ellie really wanted to throw $100 at some random person to take a picture or two? That just shows how comfortable she is spending money. $100 is nothing. My husband and I have a nice lifestyle. Trust me, we are not throwing away $100 like that. That’s an immature person who experienced a windfall. That’s not someone who worked for her money. I 100% believe they have debt that goes beyond their mortgage and car.
Bundy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bundy »

ba1006 wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:43 am Well, this is obviously a FREE trip because I highly doubt Ellie had heard of Sanibel before someone offered them a trip there. Sanibel is known for shelling. They are just repeating what they are being told to say....

The tourism board here has A LOT of $$$$$. This is also off-season, so it makes sense they get a free trip when the rooms are available. They couldn't get a sponsored trip like this in January. The tourism board is also trying to improve the "beach" image after all the red tide last year...which really hurt tourism—especially on Sanibel.

To the people who were worried about leaving the kids alone: LOL! Sanibel is probably the safest place on the planet. (It's a $6 toll just to cross the 3-mile causeway—yes, a 3-mile bridge just to get there.) It's basically a gated community full of super-wealthy WHITE people—our very own VP Mike Pence comes here every freaking year and makes traffic even worse than normal with his massive motorcade. It's basically breaking news on Sanibel if a cat gets lost! People who work on Sanibel can't even afford to live there. Plus, they were just steps away from their cottage. It wasn't that far at all. It's like taking a walk around the block at your own home.

I'm surprised I didn't run into them. It's a very small island! But it seems like they barely left Island Inn...they haven't really shown any other parts of Sanibel/Captiva.

But, yeah, this was totally a PR trip and they were probably even paid to even go there—it's a LONG way from Logan, Utah!
Well, maybe living in a large city makes me more cautious. I'm sure Sanibel is safe but there are other things that could go wrong. I'm sure even super-wealthy white people have fires or children that can wander off. I personally don't think it's ever wise to leave young children alone - even to walk around the block but that's just me.
[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201905 ... 3be444.jpg[/IMG]

justkidding
Talker
Talker

Unread post by justkidding »

HelloSweetie wrote:They took out a mortgage on the place when they were making $80k a month. Pretty sure they still have a mortgage.

I know they took out a loan back in the day to buy the land. They most likely did a construction loan during the building process, are you sure they actually had a mortgage? I assumed they probably paid off the construction loan with cash once they took possession. It just never made sense to me for them to carry a mortgage when they were bringing in that kind of money monthly.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

justkidding wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:They took out a mortgage on the place when they were making $80k a month. Pretty sure they still have a mortgage.

I know they took out a loan back in the day to buy the land. They most likely did a construction loan during the building process, are you sure they actually had a mortgage? I assumed they probably paid off the construction loan with cash once they took possession. It just never made sense to me for them to carry a mortgage when they were bringing in that kind of money monthly.

Yes. They specifically said they had a mortgage in response to a question on IG. We talked about it here at the time. It was after the build.

justkidding
Talker
Talker

Unread post by justkidding »

HelloSweetie wrote:
justkidding wrote:

Yes. They specifically said they had a mortgage in response to a question on IG. We talked about it here at the time. It was after the build.

Thanks for clarifying. I don’t follow them on IG. I just assumed the earlier conversation on here was conjecture. However, you said it with such certainty, I wondered why you were so confident.

Z3phyr
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Z3phyr »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:24 pm Alright so, narc theory just for shits. Here we go.

I don’t think it’s necessary to go in depth about Ellie’s possible narcissism and all of the supporting ‘evidence’, as that’s pretty much already been discussed to death here. So, without discounting that possibility, I want to offer an alternate perspective.

I’ve picked up on a lot of instances where Ellie seems very....meek? in the way she communicates with Jared. Sometimes it’s like she’s scared to assert herself, say how she really feels or as if she’s being careful not to make him mad. Now, obviously she knows she’s being filmed so the behavior could just be because she doesn’t want to be seen in a negative light. But, it has made me think twice.

I began to question if, maybe the narc in the relationship is Jared. Because, when you’re in a long term relationship with a narc, you can start to display a lotttt of the same behaviors/mannerisms as Ellie. Clearly Ellie is an insecure woman. And when you put together her insecurity and naive/uneducated disposition, it would make her easy to manipulate, aka the ideal target for a narc. Especially someone coming from a family who would allow them to date a 20 something year old man, at only 17 years old - a 17 year old with no real sense of self, at that. If you think about it:

• Not only was it Jared who wanted to start vlogging in the first place (meanwhile, Ellie has expressed several times that she doesn’t really like vlogging), he is also the one who edits. Meaning he has full control over how each of them are portrayed.

• He’s pretty dang full of himself, LOVES attention and goes out of his way to be the center of it on an absurdly regular basis.

• Yes, he does seem to dote on Ellie and ‘spoil’ her often. But, if you notice, it’s often when Ellie seems to be in a pissy mood. We don’t know what goes on between them off camera, but it would make sense if that’s a form of his manipulation. And/or, he just does it to support his ‘good husband’ image.

• It’s hard to spot, but I’ve noticed more than several instances of him either being passive aggressive (the time he got his hair cut by someone else and rubbed it in Ellie’s face was an obvious one), or condescending (he’s pretty good about masking it with his words, but you can often tell by his body language).

• Honestly, every time he turns on the water works, it has always felt like a forced act to me. Like, when he would go out of his way to film himself crying and being all preachy. Seems like nothing but character support, and attention seeking imo.

• This is a really gross one...but, narcs and incest is a big thing. We’ve always talked about how creepy Jared gets with the whole Ellie/Jennifer look alike situation. And Jennifer has always struck me as uncomfortable with Jared. (But it could just be that she’s uncomfortable on camera, of course.)

• Could Ellie’s highs and lows have anything to do with whichever point in the narc abuse cycle their relationship is in? (Personally, my N relationship did that to me and I had no idea before I became aware I was being abused and emotionally manipulated.) I wonder if her highs and lows can be traced back to any correlation with how they were doing with views. Aka, upsetting Jared.

There’s probably more that I’m forgetting, and this post is more than long enough as is...lol. Obviously nothing I mentioned is conclusive. And, hell, for all we know, both of them could be narcs (Jared being the smarter, more covert one), OR, maybe they really are the ‘nice’ people they present themselves to be and neither of them are. I just think it’s interesting to speculate/discuss.
This was pretty interesting.

I notice they both express the typical behaviors of both being the youngest child in a family and belonging to a family in which there are multiple siblings to compete with for attention and resources.

Often times the youngest child can be bratty because they were either favored by a parent or neglected by a parent who is just done with parenting. They might learn to manipulate in the face of being mistreated by overworked or ignored older siblings. There are some good moms of many children out there but I’ve known plenty that are pretty awful to the kids or even neglectful.
princesseggbert
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by princesseggbert »

Funny, there's talk of moving, now that Matt and Em have moved back.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

Z3phyr wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:24 pm Alright so, narc theory just for shits. Here we go.

I don’t think it’s necessary to go in depth about Ellie’s possible narcissism and all of the supporting ‘evidence’, as that’s pretty much already been discussed to death here. So, without discounting that possibility, I want to offer an alternate perspective.

I’ve picked up on a lot of instances where Ellie seems very....meek? in the way she communicates with Jared. Sometimes it’s like she’s scared to assert herself, say how she really feels or as if she’s being careful not to make him mad. Now, obviously she knows she’s being filmed so the behavior could just be because she doesn’t want to be seen in a negative light. But, it has made me think twice.

I began to question if, maybe the narc in the relationship is Jared. Because, when you’re in a long term relationship with a narc, you can start to display a lotttt of the same behaviors/mannerisms as Ellie. Clearly Ellie is an insecure woman. And when you put together her insecurity and naive/uneducated disposition, it would make her easy to manipulate, aka the ideal target for a narc. Especially someone coming from a family who would allow them to date a 20 something year old man, at only 17 years old - a 17 year old with no real sense of self, at that. If you think about it:

• Not only was it Jared who wanted to start vlogging in the first place (meanwhile, Ellie has expressed several times that she doesn’t really like vlogging), he is also the one who edits. Meaning he has full control over how each of them are portrayed.

• He’s pretty dang full of himself, LOVES attention and goes out of his way to be the center of it on an absurdly regular basis.

• Yes, he does seem to dote on Ellie and ‘spoil’ her often. But, if you notice, it’s often when Ellie seems to be in a pissy mood. We don’t know what goes on between them off camera, but it would make sense if that’s a form of his manipulation. And/or, he just does it to support his ‘good husband’ image.

• It’s hard to spot, but I’ve noticed more than several instances of him either being passive aggressive (the time he got his hair cut by someone else and rubbed it in Ellie’s face was an obvious one), or condescending (he’s pretty good about masking it with his words, but you can often tell by his body language).

• Honestly, every time he turns on the water works, it has always felt like a forced act to me. Like, when he would go out of his way to film himself crying and being all preachy. Seems like nothing but character support, and attention seeking imo.

• This is a really gross one...but, narcs and incest is a big thing. We’ve always talked about how creepy Jared gets with the whole Ellie/Jennifer look alike situation. And Jennifer has always struck me as uncomfortable with Jared. (But it could just be that she’s uncomfortable on camera, of course.)

• Could Ellie’s highs and lows have anything to do with whichever point in the narc abuse cycle their relationship is in? (Personally, my N relationship did that to me and I had no idea before I became aware I was being abused and emotionally manipulated.) I wonder if her highs and lows can be traced back to any correlation with how they were doing with views. Aka, upsetting Jared.

There’s probably more that I’m forgetting, and this post is more than long enough as is...lol. Obviously nothing I mentioned is conclusive. And, hell, for all we know, both of them could be narcs (Jared being the smarter, more covert one), OR, maybe they really are the ‘nice’ people they present themselves to be and neither of them are. I just think it’s interesting to speculate/discuss.
This was pretty interesting.

I notice they both express the typical behaviors of both being the youngest child in a family and belonging to a family in which there are multiple siblings to compete with for attention and resources.

Often times the youngest child can be bratty because they were either favored by a parent or neglected by a parent who is just done with parenting. They might learn to manipulate in the face of being mistreated by overworked or ignored older siblings. There are some good moms of many children out there but I’ve known plenty that are pretty awful to the kids or even neglectful.
Jared isn’t the youngest. He is second youngest tho. Jen is the baby in the Mecham family, though from what we’ve seen of her, she seems less immature/quieter than Jared.

Ellie, on the other hand, is most definitely the favored baby of the family.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

I'm the youngest in a large family. My siblings always told me that our parents favored me and let me get away with things they couldn't. I think there's 2 reasons for this. First, they are now older parents and just plain tired and second, they had time to give me more attention because there wasn't a younger child to take care of. Now that I have several kids, it kind of makes sense. I want to treasure every milestone with my youngest knowing he will be the last. All my kids know they're loved and well-taken cared of though. There's just something about the 'baby'.
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

ewokfan11 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:38 am
ewokfan11 wrote:Ohhhhhhhhh, now I get it! They want to move to a state with no state income tax (we don't have state income tax in FL)! That's basically the same reason why JHouse family moved to Puerto Rico.

These YTers are shady about paying taxes!
That makes zero sense financially given the lower cost of living in Logan, the free childcare they get from family, and the amount they have invested in that current home (that is now depreciated).

There are better investments to make that can save on taxes, and also result in a long term SAVINGS. Nothing wrong with wanting to live by the beach, but that will become normal day to day life for Ellie too, and she’ll ultimately hate it and say she misses her family.
Well, then why do so many wealthy people (and YTers) choose to have residency in tax-free states like Florida, Texas and Washington? I know a lot of people who "fudge" their residency to NOT pay state taxes. And lots of people are moving to PR just to avoid paying taxes at all!

State taxes aren't CHEAP! Especially for YTers who have to pay everything themselves. Living in Florida is actually not as expensive as many other places (like California or Hawaii) and we have the beach and SUNSHINE!
I'm just up the coast from you but living expenses here are pretty high. No state tax IS nice though and yes there are a TON of people that say they live in FL 6months and 1 day out of the year to get away with no state taxes lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

131618 wrote:[I'm just up the coast from you but living expenses here are pretty high. No state tax IS nice though and yes there are a TON of people that say they live in FL 6months and 1 day out of the year to get away with no state taxes lol

This is a different financial scenario. I assume these people are snowbirds who either are retired or able to work on the road.
E&J are still very much in the child rearing phase of life. If they want to move for the beach that’s one thing, but to make the decision to move to an area with a higher cost of living (and to a comparable home) doesn’t make sense financially even given no state tax.

Especially since she won’t be happy anyway. She’s telling Jared they need to travel more because she can’t handle “too hot” or “too cold.” Basically, she’s so sick, it’s hard to keep her comfortable. FL is definitely “too hot” a lot of the time. They should just purchase a lake house if they really need to get away. If they bought it with Joel, he’d probably even maintain it so they didn’t have to.

Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
131618 wrote:[I'm just up the coast from you but living expenses here are pretty high. No state tax IS nice though and yes there are a TON of people that say they live in FL 6months and 1 day out of the year to get away with no state taxes lol

This is a different financial scenario. I assume these people are snowbirds who either are retired or able to work on the road.
E&J are still very much in the child rearing phase of life. If they want to move for the beach that’s one thing, but to make the decision to move to an area with a higher cost of living (and to a comparable home) doesn’t make sense financially even given no state tax.

Especially since she won’t be happy anyway. She’s telling Jared they need to travel more because she can’t handle “too hot” or “too cold.” Basically, she’s so sick, it’s hard to keep her comfortable. FL is definitely “too hot” a lot of the time. They should just purchase a lake house if they really need to get away. If they bought it with Joel, he’d probably even maintain it so they didn’t have to.

100%. She likes the ocean, great. It's only comfortable here for like a few months lol she'll be melting in no time

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

It took two years for her to feel what we feel when we see the ice palace.

It's not a loving home it looks sterile but it's full of germs.

Probably smells that's why we don't see the Mecham grandparents

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk

Return to “Ellie and Jared”