HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

E+J: Treating Our Anxiety With Self Care & Destination Travel | Part 124

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lmmomSD wrote:
crowmtmom78 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:Ellie’s doctor hopping and constant need to act like her hypothyroidism is debilitating (and repeated tagging of it in random IG posts) has me wondering.... would she qualify for disability benefits if she finds a doctor willing to sign off for her?

Logically I know most people take their meds and then continue on with their normal life, but most people don’t have the entitlement that Ellie does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, she would not qualify for disability benefits on hypothyroidism (however, I don't think any doctor has ever diagnosed her with any actual medical condition).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
And even if she did, disability in the US is based on your income before you became disabled. I doubt that SSDI would use her YouTube income as the basis. If they based it on her income as a hairdresser, it wouldn't be much.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Oh I know that, but it would be money she’d be bringing in to help support the home without actually working, and a piece of paper to justify her not doing more to Jared.

I heard a story about someone else who recently qualified for disability with Fibromyalgia, and it just got me wondering if that was Ellie’s agenda. Tagging a beach post on IG with “Hypothyroid” seems so desperate to me.

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: E+J: Treating Our Anxiety With Self Care & Destination Travel | Part 124

Unread post by onbreak »

Living on a dime is on disability. And she's going to Europe for 7 weeks soon. AdSense and her cookbook sales must not be factored in.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

onbreak wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 3:36 pm Living on a dime is on disability. And she's going to Europe for 7 weeks soon. AdSense and her cookbook sales must not be factored in.
I hadn't heard about a Europe trip. With their level of travel expectations, that's minimum a $25,000 trip (just travel and lodging and food)!!! Are all the Griffiths going? Ruby mentioned they put their dog down (killed it) because they would be gone all summer.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Living on a Dime is headed to Europe. Planning on crashing with YouTube subscribers.. shitshow coming summer 2019

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

onbreak wrote:Living on a Dime is headed to Europe. Planning on crashing with YouTube subscribers.. shitshow coming summer 2019

I’m not familiar with them so I just checked out a few minutes of their video about being 100% debt free. They seem annoying as people, and a bit sanctimonious and preachy, but they aren’t wrong. I completely understand why she gets so annoyed by people that spend money on stupid things. This is exactly what I’ve been saying about E&J and their future. People always come here and argue they must have money because they spend money, and say they can’t possibly be in a bad financial spot.... only they can. Saving for retirement takes time, and they had $80k a month at one point (when they were young even!) to put into retirement savings for security later on. They took the opposite approach and purchased a new house and vehicles and went crazy with furnishings and landscaping. Even if the house is paid off (which I sincerely doubt), their lifestyle will have to adjust as they now make less and STILL have to save for their eventual retirement. Jared doesn’t seem like he plans on getting a job with a pension, so retirement saving will always be an issue. A home isn’t a good retirement investment in itself because most people don’t want to sell their home and downgrade their lifestyle at retirement. The key is to save enough to sustain it and enjoy life.

I’m interested in this couple now. If a shit show is about to go down I’m in Image

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 5:02 pm
onbreak wrote:Living on a Dime is headed to Europe. Planning on crashing with YouTube subscribers.. shitshow coming summer 2019

I’m not familiar with them so I just checked out a few minutes of their video about being 100% debt free. They seem annoying as people, and a bit sanctimonious and preachy, but they aren’t wrong. I completely understand why she gets so annoyed by people that spend money on stupid things. This is exactly what I’ve been saying about E&J and their future. People always come here and argue they must have money because they spend money, and say they can’t possibly be in a bad financial spot.... only they can. Saving for retirement takes time, and they had $80k a month at one point (when they were young even!) to put into retirement savings for security later on. They took the opposite approach and purchased a new house and vehicles and went crazy with furnishings and landscaping. Even if the house is paid off (which I sincerely doubt), their lifestyle will have to adjust as they now make less and STILL have to save for their eventual retirement. Jared doesn’t seem like he plans on getting a job with a pension, so retirement saving will always be an issue. A home isn’t a good retirement investment in itself because most people don’t want to sell their home and downgrade their lifestyle at retirement. The key is to save enough to sustain it and enjoy life.
There are jobs that still offer pensions? I've worked since even before college and NEVER been in a situation where I was offered a pension. These days people are lucky to get anything matched for a 401K—and that's IF the employer even offers one. All of my retirement savings has been on my own.

Maybe some government jobs offer pensions, but MOST regular jobs don't. Pensions were more common for Baby Boomers...certainly no one around my age has one.
Bundy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bundy »

ewokfan11 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 5:02 pm

There are jobs that still offer pensions? I've worked since even before college and NEVER been in a situation where I was offered a pension. These days people are lucky to get anything matched for a 401K—and that's IF the employer even offers one. All of my retirement savings has been on my own.

Maybe some government jobs offer pensions, but MOST regular jobs don't. Pensions were more common for Baby Boomers...certainly no one around my age has one.
I always wonder with Youtubers and also anyone from the US (I’m Australian) whether your employers pay into Superannuation like they do here in Aus? We can also contribute to our own Super and once retirement age is reached we can access our money as a Pension because the government Pension won’t be around for our generation. I don’t hear much about this kind of thing from any youtubers and I seriously worry about their future.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Bundy wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 5:39 pm I always wonder with Youtubers and also anyone from the US (I’m Australian) whether your employers pay into Superannuation like they do here in Aus? We can also contribute to our own Super and once retirement age is reached we can access our money as a Pension because the government Pension won’t be around for our generation. I don’t hear much about this kind of thing from any youtubers and I seriously worry about their future.
That sounds like what's called Social Security in the U.S. In the U.S., you pay into it via your job or paying taxes (including YTers) and get benefits once you hit the government-regulated retirement age (66-67 and it will certainly go up way before I can retire).

Otherwise, most people in the U.S. are on their own to save for retirement. Social Security isn't much and there is always a threat it will dry up.
Bundy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bundy »

ewokfan11 wrote:
Bundy wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 5:39 pm I always wonder with Youtubers and also anyone from the US (I’m Australian) whether your employers pay into Superannuation like they do here in Aus? We can also contribute to our own Super and once retirement age is reached we can access our money as a Pension because the government Pension won’t be around for our generation. I don’t hear much about this kind of thing from any youtubers and I seriously worry about their future.
That sounds like what's called Social Security in the U.S. In the U.S., you pay into it via your job or paying taxes (including YTers) and get benefits once you hit the government-regulated retirement age (66-67 and it will certainly go up way before I can retire).

Otherwise, most people in the U.S. are on their own to save for retirement. Social Security isn't much and there is always a threat it will dry up.
That is a little scary. In Australia we should be worried about retirement even though it’s compulsory for employers to pay a minimum of 9.5% of each person’s salary to Superannuation and for most people that is not nearly enough to retire at 65ish years old. I bet hardly any youtubers are putting money away for this kind of thing.

Todays drama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Todays drama »

I agree Jared seemed excited at the thought of a Florida move. But honestly, I think it is just business for Jared. He knows a move on Youtube would bring in viewers, sponsors and MONEY. Or he might have just pulled into that houses driveway to test Ellie and see what her reaction was and if she was serious about a move. Then she said they would be traveling and staying at places longer to see if they actually liked the places. I don't know how they are going to do that with Jackson starting Kindergarten. They will have to "travel" over the summer or Holidays. When it comes down to it, I can't see Ellie going to far from her family (mom & Bonnie).
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I really don't see Ellie moving away from mama Griffith. Who would babysit when they take trips? She relies on her family far too much to actually move across the country.
And the property?
Do they ever think through their decisions? Let's build, even though we were just looking. Who cares if it's a horribly expensive lot to build on because of the slope. Ellie wants it.
Let's put in a bunch of boulders nobody else will like.
Let's put a toilet in the laundry room! Ellie wants it. And an "appliance bar". That will never be used.
Let's get the biggest hot tub we can find! Ellie wants it.
Even though we have a perfectly good SUV that seats 8, let's get an even bigger, more expensive one. Because (you guessed it!) Ellie wants it.
Instead of investing in a business that might not be glamorous, let's start a clothing line. Even though we don't know anything about running a business like that. And let's treat our customers like shit and block them when they ask simple questions.
Let's buy more property that doesn't have sewage or electricity lines. When our channel is starting to tank. And cut back our vlogging. And get mad at viewers when they complain. And then talk about moving to Florida, even though Ellie doesn't like extremes in temperature, and we've never been there in the summer. Because, shells.
They make decisions like children.

Todays drama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Todays drama »

A 5 year old girl is missing from Logan. Parents said she was put to bed and when they woke up she was missing. I pray for this young girl and her family! I hope she will be found safe. I really hope Ellie and Bonnie learn from this. If your young kids are outside, be out there with them. There is no place that is completely safe! It's so sad, my thoughts are with with little girl.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

How awful! I hope she is ok, and that Ellie and Bonnie learn something from it.

Rileysmomma
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Rileysmomma »

lmmomSD wrote:How awful! I hope she is ok, and that Ellie and Bonnie learn something from it.

Oh boy, the little girl's 21-year-old uncle is in custody and being uncooperative. Doesn't sound good.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Todays drama wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:00 pm I agree Jared seemed excited at the thought of a Florida move. But honestly, I think it is just business for Jared. He knows a move on Youtube would bring in viewers, sponsors and MONEY. Or he might have just pulled into that houses driveway to test Ellie and see what her reaction was and if she was serious about a move. Then she said they would be traveling and staying at places longer to see if they actually liked the places. I don't know how they are going to do that with Jackson starting Kindergarten. They will have to "travel" over the summer or Holidays. When it comes down to it, I can't see Ellie going to far from her family (mom & Bonnie).

I wonder if Jared hopes moving Ellie from her mom and Bonnie might force her to grow up? Ellie couldn’t even take a pregnancy test without being on the phone with her mom and Bonnie and clan almost live there most days. Jared might figure some space would do Ellie and his relationship some good.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Todays drama wrote:A 5 year old girl is missing from Logan. Parents said she was put to bed and when they woke up she was missing. I pray for this young girl and her family! I hope she will be found safe. I really hope Ellie and Bonnie learn from this. If your young kids are outside, be out there with them. There is no place that is completely safe! It's so sad, my thoughts are with with little girl.
The prime suspect is her Uncle.

ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

Has Jared even mentioned his brother Matt since he moved back to Utah? I wonder if he has even visited him. Isn't it funny how you seldom see Jared's parents anymore either. They used to always be in the vlogs. Could there be tension in the Mecham family?
Sickandtired
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sickandtired »

ba1006 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:23 pm Has Jared even mentioned his brother Matt since he moved back to Utah? I wonder if he has even visited him. Isn't it funny how you seldom see Jared's parents anymore either. They used to always be in the vlogs. Could there be tension in the Mecham family?
I honestly think it has something to do with Ellie disliking Jared’s family. She also seems so controlling over what goes into the vlogs. All we hear about is how her health is horrible and how bad her anxiety is and how much she wants another baby.

Wasn’t it brought up in a vlog a while back that Ellie and Jared were in counseling? If not, Jared needs to drag Ellie to a therapist/ marriage counselor. I hate to say it, but I can see Jared getting fed up and threatening a divorce and threaten to take the kids by pleading Ellie is incompetent. 🤷🏻‍♀️
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

Sickandtired wrote:
ba1006 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:23 pm Has Jared even mentioned his brother Matt since he moved back to Utah? I wonder if he has even visited him. Isn't it funny how you seldom see Jared's parents anymore either. They used to always be in the vlogs. Could there be tension in the Mecham family?
I honestly think it has something to do with Ellie disliking Jared’s family. She also seems so controlling over what goes into the vlogs. All we hear about is how her health is horrible and how bad her anxiety is and how much she wants another baby.

Wasn’t it brought up in a vlog a while back that Ellie and Jared were in counseling? If not, Jared needs to drag Ellie to a therapist/ marriage counselor. I hate to say it, but I can see Jared getting fed up and threatening a divorce and threaten to take the kids by pleading Ellie is incompetent. Image

I feel like that is what he needs to do or if he is adamant to stay together then he needs to send Ellie away for a month or so like Hellosweetie mentioned last week.

When Ellie is away you see his family in the vlogs, it’s most definitely because he caters to Ellie that he doesn’t see them more.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

E+J: Treating Our Anxiety With Self Care & Destination Travel | Part 124

Jared will move to Florida, let his boys fall behind in school, and let Ellie spend them into bankruptcy long before he EVER divorces Ellie. I think it’s far more likely that she could meet someone with money one day and leave Jared and the kids to start all over.

I agree with Kryptonite, Ellie manipulates Jared and isolates him so she can have complete control and influence over him. I think she uses her anxiety (and other illnesses) to control and manipulate him 100%. He is a big part of their channel’s success. He knew what to do to make it successful, but Ellie hated all that work and forced Jared to back off more and more. This hurt the channel and is losing them money by the day. Yet she still puts pressure on him to bring money in to travel more and buy more nice things.

Who knows if Ellie is abusive or not, but one thing is for sure, she doesn’t pull her weight to make sure it’s a fair and equitable relationship.

To be fair though, I don’t think Jared’s family likes her either. They just fake it far better. Some of them at least.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”