Hannah
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0

Re: E&J: Take Ellie Away and She's Happy All Day | Part #126

Unread post by Hannah »

amyfalafalagain wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:50 pm
Hannah wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:18 pm
Bundy wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:22 pm I don’t think anyone was saying he shouldn’t be in a sleep sack? They were saying his hands are covered in the sleep sack! He has no use of his hands overnight, he could barely hold his wubanub (well 3 of them, which are meant for babies with no teeth by the way). I remember Ellie saying they had to cover his hands when he was putting them in his mouth... at what, 3-4 months old? He’s almost 18 months and she is also still giving him a baby bottle?

I mean, I wouldn’t judge somebody for stretching out the use of baby items but at some point it starts to hinder the child’s development which is clearly what we’re seeing here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, that is what I meant. I didn't mean that sleep sacks aren't useful or shouldn't be used, but it really struck me in a recent video where they were getting the kids ready for bed. Tommy was in his sack - with his hands covered - and given, I think, three of those little wubanubs and I felt sorry for him having to manage holding them all with what amounts to basically socks on his hands. It limits his dexterity. I can also imagine it is hard for him to grab onto the crib rail with his hands covered by fabric. I think they would slip and his grip would be affected. I could always be wrong, but there IS a reason he is not walking and it could be something else, like just not being given the opportunity to explore his own environment with having adequate and supportive furniture to pull up on, or not having access to it, at least. There are no little child-sized chairs, tables, coffee tables, etc. for him to cruise along. Whatever there is for him to use is in the basement and even that is limited, as far as I can see. Didn't she even recently decide to put away most of those toys downstairs? There is a little kitchen down there that would be perfect for him to explore, but it's stuck behind a door under the stairs. I know she got a water table. Where is it? Dry it out, put some toys in the middle of it and bring it inside. He'll be walking in no time! It makes me a little sad that there is no evidence that a baby even lives in that house other than a high chair. No basket of toys or a toy box in the living room for him to explore and barely anything downstairs, anymore. I just don't get why she feels the need to withhold toys from her children or give them toys that SHE wants them to like. There is a very strange vibe with her related to toys. She has quite some attachments to her own childhood toys, I notice. Makes me wonder if toys were withheld in her home growing up.
I knew what you meant about the sleep sacks. I think majority of people use them with good intent. Im assuming, only based on my sister in law doing this, uses sleep sacks on her 2 year old because she doesnt want her son getting out of his cot/crib. With a sack/suit it's almost impossible for a kid to climb out of the crib with a sack. If they do it's incredibly unsafe. It's safer for a kid to climb out using their arms and legs. Usually this is a sign babies are ready for a bigger bed. Im assuming if my sister in law thinks she can keep her son (who is a tad older than Tommy) in the crib so she can get some extra snooze, I dont think it's that far fetched to assume that Ellie may feel the same way: to keep Tommy "caged" as I like to jokingly call it with my own kids. When my kids get a bigger bed from the cot/crib, I joke they are now free range. ;)
Yes, I can see them being useful for that reason. We didn't use them when my babies were born, but I always thought the ones that Ellie is using would be useful to discourage thumb/finger-sucking. I think someone mentioned that in another post about Tommy. I think he was a thumb-sucker in the beginning if I remember correctly. It's much easier to break a pacifier habit than a thumb/finger habit. Ellie could get a lot more time to work or read on her phone (or whatever it is she feels like she is being deprived of with regard to her time) if she would allow her kids to play. She praises the older boys so much when they occupy themselves, so it seems to be important to her that they do so. She should give them things to do on their own and give them toys to play with. Kudos to them for figuring out how to play in their rooms with nothing but books, a piggy bank, a clock, and a bed! I would be soooo bored if I was a child in that house! Give the kids some toys and trust me...they will occupy themselves for hours! Give Tommy a pushcart, a rocking horse, or a ride-on of some kind and he will be walking and occupying himself, too.
PirateWench8
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PirateWench8 »

amyfalafalagain wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:50 pm
Hannah wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:18 pm
Bundy wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:22 pm I don’t think anyone was saying he shouldn’t be in a sleep sack? They were saying his hands are covered in the sleep sack! He has no use of his hands overnight, he could barely hold his wubanub (well 3 of them, which are meant for babies with no teeth by the way). I remember Ellie saying they had to cover his hands when he was putting them in his mouth... at what, 3-4 months old? He’s almost 18 months and she is also still giving him a baby bottle?

I mean, I wouldn’t judge somebody for stretching out the use of baby items but at some point it starts to hinder the child’s development which is clearly what we’re seeing here.

Yes, that is what I meant. I didn't mean that sleep sacks aren't useful or shouldn't be used, but it really struck me in a recent video where they were getting the kids ready for bed. Tommy was in his sack - with his hands covered - and given, I think, three of those little wubanubs and I felt sorry for him having to manage holding them all with what amounts to basically socks on his hands. It limits his dexterity. I can also imagine it is hard for him to grab onto the crib rail with his hands covered by fabric. I think they would slip and his grip would be affected. I could always be wrong, but there IS a reason he is not walking and it could be something else, like just not being given the opportunity to explore his own environment with having adequate and supportive furniture to pull up on, or not having access to it, at least. There are no little child-sized chairs, tables, coffee tables, etc. for him to cruise along. Whatever there is for him to use is in the basement and even that is limited, as far as I can see. Didn't she even recently decide to put away most of those toys downstairs? There is a little kitchen down there that would be perfect for him to explore, but it's stuck behind a door under the stairs. I know she got a water table. Where is it? Dry it out, put some toys in the middle of it and bring it inside. He'll be walking in no time! It makes me a little sad that there is no evidence that a baby even lives in that house other than a high chair. No basket of toys or a toy box in the living room for him to explore and barely anything downstairs, anymore. I just don't get why she feels the need to withhold toys from her children or give them toys that SHE wants them to like. There is a very strange vibe with her related to toys. She has quite some attachments to her own childhood toys, I notice. Makes me wonder if toys were withheld in her home growing up.
I knew what you meant about the sleep sacks. I think majority of people use them with good intent. Im assuming, only based on my sister in law doing this, uses sleep sacks on her 2 year old because she doesnt want her son getting out of his cot/crib. With a sack/suit it's almost impossible for a kid to climb out of the crib with a sack. If they do it's incredibly unsafe. It's safer for a kid to climb out using their arms and legs. Usually this is a sign babies are ready for a bigger bed. Im assuming if my sister in law thinks she can keep her son (who is a tad older than Tommy) in the crib so she can get some extra snooze, I dont think it's that far fetched to assume that Ellie may feel the same way: to keep Tommy "caged" as I like to jokingly call it with my own kids. When my kids get a bigger bed from the cot/crib, I joke they are now free range. ;)
My now almost 9-year-old learned to climb out of his crib shortly after his first birthday. Thankfully he was and still is a naturally good child, but I'm going to tell you what there was nothing quite like hearing this little voice yelling "HI MOMMY" at 5 AM. I think he took 10 years off my life! At first I thought one of my older boys let him out. Nope they were both still sound asleep at the time. What can I tell you I gave birth to a monkey. You should see that boy climb trees! He's going to be the death of us!
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by alym0326 »

Bundy wrote:I don’t think anyone was saying he shouldn’t be in a sleep sack? They were saying his hands are covered in the sleep sack! He has no use of his hands overnight, he could barely hold his wubanub (well 3 of them, which are meant for babies with no teeth by the way). I remember Ellie saying they had to cover his hands when he was putting them in his mouth... at what, 3-4 months old? He’s almost 18 months and she is also still giving him a baby bottle?

Oh!! I didn’t realize he’s still in that zipadee thing or whatever it’s called. That’s incredibly unsafe at his age to not have his hands/arms free. My apologies, I don’t watch the videos anymore and barely check in here. But saw Ellie’s Instagram story and was worried about Tommy’s lack of walking and saw the sleep sack convo!

YTIUH
Informer
Informer

E&J: Take Ellie Away and She's Happy All Day | Part #126

Unread post by YTIUH »

Zipadee zip sleep sacks don’t limit the use of hands for pulling up and allow to walk normally. They are designed for toddlers as well. Both my kiddos were in them until 2 years old and it didn’t impact their gross motor skills. Both were walkers by 12 months.

On another note, I think Ellie makes her house spotless and presentable each time before they vlog. That’s why we don’t see baby toys in the main living area. This is also why Ellie is stressed about vlogging- she has to clean clean clean the house. So the less she vlogs the less she cleans and picks up the house.

You’ll ask: Why does she need to pretend her house is perfect?!?!? I’ll answer: because Jennifer the goddess Griffith is watching and judging. And all the ward members and neighbors as well. So you need to put on a show.

Ellie is legitimately tired as a mom of three kids so she cuts back on vlogging to cut back on cleaning. Does this make sense?
just_me
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by just_me »

Hey everyone. I rarely come to the E&J threads anymore because I stopped watching them, following them on IG, etc, but had to come and ask if anyone else had heard that Bravo is coming out with "The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City" https://kutv.com/news/local/the-real-ho ... hIZRfuI71k and what are the chances that Ellie (or Bonnie) will attempt to get on the show? I know neither of them lives in SLC, but if whoever ends up on it is anything like those 2, the show will be a hot mess of a hit. :lol:
Hannah
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Hannah »

YTIUH wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:55 pm Zipadee zip sleep sacks don’t limit the use of hands for pulling up and allow to walk normally. They are designed for toddlers as well. Both my kiddos were in them until 2 years old and it didn’t impact their gross motor skills. Both were walkers by 12 months.

On another note, I think Ellie makes her house spotless and presentable each time before they vlog. That’s why we don’t see baby toys in the main living area. This is also why Ellie is stressed about vlogging- she has to clean clean clean the house. So the less she vlogs the less she cleans and picks up the house.

You’ll ask: Why does she need to pretend her house is perfect?!?!? I’ll answer: because Jennifer the goddess Griffith is watching and judging. And all the ward members and neighbors as well. So you need to put on a show.

Ellie is legitimately tired as a mom of three kids so she cuts back on vlogging to cut back on cleaning. Does this make sense?
Yes, that makes sense. I don't watch the Deru Crew much, but on one of the only videos I've ever seen, Jennifer was at their house keeping the kids and she filmed herself going through Julie's cabinets and fridge to show how clean and organized they are for her (Jennifer's) own vlog! lol These girls know that their mom is keeping watch over how clean they keep their homes.
Parktown
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Parktown »

Grabbing every last ad buck before youtube pulls the rug!
The last few days I have read numerous blogs of how creators are scrambling to argue how their channel is not kid content or directed to kids! There are arguments basically everything under the sun on how their content isn’t directed to kids! Who are they kidding, they are like roaches scrambling to run in all directions after lifting a dirty deserted carpet! Everything basically is targeted towards children because they are the highest percentage of viewers! And I mean everything !

Creators saw themselves as these higher powers ,savvy business people who collected free money, blocked any criticism and elevated their own narcissistic importance while basically living off children views mostly!
Karma however has now finally made an appearance and it is time to pay the piper finally! Way to go Coppa!!!!
Screeching Ellie and Jared and your whole little dysfunctional clan 👋🏻 !
amyfalafalagain
Informer
Informer

Unread post by amyfalafalagain »

Hannah wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:14 pm
YTIUH wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:55 pm Zipadee zip sleep sacks don’t limit the use of hands for pulling up and allow to walk normally. They are designed for toddlers as well. Both my kiddos were in them until 2 years old and it didn’t impact their gross motor skills. Both were walkers by 12 months.

Yes, that makes sense. I don't watch the Deru Crew much, but on one of the only videos I've ever seen, Jennifer was at their house keeping the kids and she filmed herself going through Julie's cabinets and fridge to show how clean and organized they are for her (Jennifer's) own vlog! lol These girls know that their mom is keeping watch over how clean they keep their homes.
I noticed those comments from Jennifer at Julies house too. Interesting theory @YTIUH it makes perfect sense
amyfalafalagain
Informer
Informer

Unread post by amyfalafalagain »

I’m not too sure about the real housewives franchise hiring Bonnie but it would be the perfect opportunity for her as YT goes down. 15 seconds of fame, BOLLIE and cookbook plug ins, the reason she went for all the recent surgeries..
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

She did that once in Rubys kitchen when she was watching the Franke children. Ruby was missing some equipment according to mother Griffith. Didn't think much of it back then, seemed innocent but I understand the reason why know. She groomed them for life.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

amyfalafalagain wrote:I’m not too sure about the real housewives franchise hiring Bonnie but it would be the perfect opportunity for her as YT goes down. 15 seconds of fame, BOLLIE and cookbook plug ins, the reason she went for all the recent surgeries..
None of them can handle the scrutiny of being a real housewife on bravo. They would never be able to delete all the negative comments on all the different forums

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I'd imagine Andy wouldn't let Jared rub his close shaved face on his son's naked butt.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Namm wrote:

She did that once in Rubys kitchen when she was watching the Franke children. Ruby was missing some equipment according to mother Griffith. Didn't think much of it back then, seemed innocent but I understand the reason why know. She groomed them for life.
She was poking around Bonnie's kitchen after one of her surgeries. Bonnie was lying in bed gone on opiates, and Jennifer was looking around her kitchen trying to find fault. Joel looked annoyed, but as I recall, said nothing.
And Bonnie is nowhere near wealthy enough for Real Housewives. Although she is nouveau riche, which is what they seem to gravitate towards.
Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

Ellie is seriously on instagram bitching about how difficult buying a flocked wreath is for her. This is up there with most ridiculous, tone-deaf things I’ve ever seen from her.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

E&J: Take Ellie Away and She's Happy All Day | Part #126

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Tiger27 wrote:Ellie is seriously on instagram bitching about how difficult buying a flocked wreath is for her. This is up there with most ridiculous, tone-deaf things I’ve ever seen from her.

But she had to FORCE CLOSE apps!!!

Seriously though, sounds like the stress was because she was having trouble finding what she wanted within her budget.

Sickandtired
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sickandtired »

Tiger27 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:05 pm Ellie is seriously on instagram bitching about how difficult buying a flocked wreath is for her. This is up there with most ridiculous, tone-deaf things I’ve ever seen from her.

Holy first world problems Batman! Jeez does she think she comes off relatable when she goes on these stupid rants about stupid things? And Jared just feeds her ignorance instead of telling her to knock that shit off!
just_me
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by just_me »

Sickandtired wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:17 pm
Tiger27 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:05 pm Ellie is seriously on instagram bitching about how difficult buying a flocked wreath is for her. This is up there with most ridiculous, tone-deaf things I’ve ever seen from her.
Holy first world problems Batman! Jeez does she think she comes off relatable when she goes on these stupid rants about stupid things? And Jared just feeds her ignorance instead of telling her to knock that shit off!

I wish my worst problem was finding the exact wreath I wanted. Geez. :roll: :roll: :roll:
silverrain
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by silverrain »

HelloSweetie wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:10 pm
Tiger27 wrote:Ellie is seriously on instagram bitching about how difficult buying a flocked wreath is for her. This is up there with most ridiculous, tone-deaf things I’ve ever seen from her.

But she had to FORCE CLOSE apps!!!

Seriously though, sounds like the stress was because she was having trouble finding what she wanted within her budget.

I found it interesting she was talking about them being on a budget. It looks like they are starting to stress about money. Since when has Ellie ever not bought something because it was too expensive? Their Christmas tree a couple years ago was over $1,000. Now they're down to buying $29 wreaths. Oh how the mighty have fallen.
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

Of all days, today is the day Tommy is outgrowing his sleep sack and she can't wait to buy a new "tank top" one from minky couture... You're welcome Ellie. Thanks for reading here and taking our advice. 😘
Parktown
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Parktown »

Oh the mind blowing stress of not being able to find a wreath!!!
Oh help her someone anyone!
She went to Pottery Barn then Target with her credit card the poor girl, and in this horrendous world of no wreaths for poor Ellie how can the girl even survive?!
How are we to even advance as a species if a mormon Utah housewife cannot find the wreath she so would like?
The need to go on insta and spread her stress and pain of no wreath,I am crying!
Hey Lady, why don’t you go over to the sister you don’t like much! I heard she has a few weeks experience on how to work with mental issues maybe she could help!
Meantime the rest of us will keep an alert eye for the elusive flocked wreath!!!!
Oh the shame😩!!!

Return to “Ellie and Jared”