Ellie + Jared Part 1

ohgoodness
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ellieandjared Part 1

Unread post by ohgoodness »

PrettyLittleLiar wrote:What would a news station even do with a birth video? Just show it and be like here's someone giving birth. Everyone's birth is special so I don't know why they think there's deserves to be on tv. That Twitter posts made me think a little different about them and I really hope they don't change as their channel and income grows.
Because the fact is, they have the same intentions as every other Youtuber out there. Hoping to make it big.
PrettyLittleLiar
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PrettyLittleLiar »

ohgoodness wrote:
PrettyLittleLiar wrote:What would a news station even do with a birth video? Just show it and be like here's someone giving birth. Everyone's birth is special so I don't know why they think there's deserves to be on tv. That Twitter posts made me think a little different about them and I really hope they don't change as their channel and income grows.
Because the fact is, they have the same intentions as every other Youtuber out there. Hoping to make it big.
I guess you're right. I just can't imagine having no privacy in my life, but I guess the more viewers, less privacy, and more money.
MKitty
Talker
Talker

Unread post by MKitty »

Is it just me or is the miscarriage comment from the doctor a little... well, harsh. Poor Ellie got worked up over the idea that she may miscarry because her doctor "thought" she was going to? Shouldn't the doctor have waited for more information to go on before he told Ellie that she would probably miscarry?
ohgoodness
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ohgoodness »

MKitty wrote:Is it just me or is the miscarriage comment from the doctor a little... well, harsh. Poor Ellie got worked up over the idea that she may miscarry because her doctor "thought" she was going to? Shouldn't the doctor have waited for more information to go on before he told Ellie that she would probably miscarry?
A doctor told me the same thing when I was pregnant with my son. I now have a 2 year old standing next to me. I was so heartbroken but I'm so grateful that it didn't turn out the way he thought. I think I would've been even more upset to miscarry and not know it was coming rather than being told that I'm going to miscarry but didn't.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

ohgoodness wrote:
MKitty wrote:Is it just me or is the miscarriage comment from the doctor a little... well, harsh. Poor Ellie got worked up over the idea that she may miscarry because her doctor "thought" she was going to? Shouldn't the doctor have waited for more information to go on before he told Ellie that she would probably miscarry?
A doctor told me the same thing when I was pregnant with my son. I now have a 2 year old standing next to me. I was so heartbroken but I'm so grateful that it didn't turn out the way he thought. I think I would've been even more upset to miscarry and not know it was coming rather than being told that I'm going to miscarry but didn't.
This. I had 3 losses trying for my 2nd child. Optimism never helped. Knowing things didn't look good did. Being guarded hurts much less than being blindsided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Arieya
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Arieya »

HelloSweetie1 wrote:
ohgoodness wrote:
This. I had 3 losses trying for my 2nd child. Optimism never helped. Knowing things didn't look good did. Being guarded hurts much less than being blindsided.

What bothered me around that time was he was essentially making assumptions based off zero evidence. Ellie mentioned having blood on toilet paper. That is 100% normal! Usually if you are going to miscarry you are bleeding heavily and have cramping, usually severe.

He also thought her "uterus seemed small" but he had no idea how far along she was yet. She didn't even have a due date at the time!

I realized she is the one who asked...but it still bothered me.
momto6
Talker
Talker

Unread post by momto6 »

Did anyone else notice how amazing Ellie looks for just being two days post partum? Her stomach is so much flatter already. :) I feel bad that she is in so much pain. But the more kids you have, the worse the after-birth pains. A heating pad and ibuprofen do wonders for those pains. :)
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Ellieandjared Part 1

Arieya wrote:
HelloSweetie1 wrote:
ohgoodness wrote: A doctor told me the same thing when I was pregnant with my son. I now have a 2 year old standing next to me. I was so heartbroken but I'm so grateful that it didn't turn out the way he thought. I think I would've been even more upset to miscarry and not know it was coming rather than being told that I'm going to miscarry but didn't.

What bothered me around that time was he was essentially making assumptions based off zero evidence. Ellie mentioned having blood on toilet paper. That is 100% normal! Usually if you are going to miscarry you are bleeding heavily and have cramping, usually severe.

He also thought her "uterus seemed small" but he had no idea how far along she was yet. She didn't even have a due date at the time!

I realized she is the one who asked...but it still bothered me.
No, this is a misconception that light spotting is normal. A very sad, unfortunate, misconception Image

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

momto6 wrote:Did anyone else notice how amazing Ellie looks for just being two days post partum? Her stomach is so much flatter already. :) I feel bad that she is in so much pain. But the more kids you have, the worse the after-birth pains. A heating pad and ibuprofen do wonders for those pains. :)
I really wish she wouldn't put so much pressure on herself to breastfeed. It didn't work with Jackson, and he is fine. She seems a little defeated and that's unfortunate if it causes her any less enjoyment in these first few days with Calvin. She didn't fail Jackson, and no matter what she won't fail Calvin. I get wanting to try, and taking it seriously, but I hate to see how down and pressured she seems.

Arieya
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Arieya »

During the first trimester it is common. That's a fact. It's still a reason to get checked out, but not a reason to suddenly scream "miscarriage."
momto6
Talker
Talker

Unread post by momto6 »

I think it sounds like breastfeeding is going well for her. It is painful the first couple of weeks, even with a good latch. That coupled with engorgement makes for lots of potential pain. I'm glad she has set a goal for herself and hopefully she is able to continue. I think she is very unsure since nursing was so tough with Jackson. I can see Jared being very supportive no matter how she ends up feeding Calvin, and that is soooo important. :) I hope she knows that she is an amazing mom, no matter what.
momto6
Talker
Talker

Unread post by momto6 »

Arieya wrote:During the first trimester it is common. That's a fact. It's still a reason to get checked out, but not a reason to suddenly scream "miscarriage."
Sorry for double post but I totally agree.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Jackson taking Calvins binky right away and popping it in his mouth made me laugh!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Arieya wrote:During the first trimester it is common. That's a fact. It's still a reason to get checked out, but not a reason to suddenly scream "miscarriage."
He also measured her and thought she felt small. She said in the video she felt he should have a good idea of what size her uterus should be. Her first set of betas came back quite low. She must have gotten lucky and caught the pregnancy VERY early. They were going off her dates from when she had that one period. She obviously had a long cycle. Given the info a doctor had, I can see why he said a miscarriage was likely.

KimKardashian
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by KimKardashian »

[img]//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/26 ... 18dc26.jpg[/img]

My heart just melted into a big puddle
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

Jackson looks so big in that picture! They're both very adorable.

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

rdt1004 wrote:Jackson looks so big in that picture! They're both very adorable.

You really don't realise how big your oldest child is until you have your second! My first was 21 months old when his sister was born and I thought he was so little until I put him up against her and he looked like a giant!

Ellie and jared really make beautiful kids!
gwsb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by gwsb »

Even after her numbers doubled that doctor was discouraging. She demanded an ultrasound & progesterone and he said something like "if there's even a baby in there." After her betas doubled! He didn't even bother calling her with the results. I think she switched doctors when they moved and I'm glad!
dmariee
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by dmariee »

Haven't finished catching up so idk if someone said it but Ellie WAS asking what his opinion on where the pregnancy was going.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

dmariee wrote:
Haven't finished catching up so idk if someone said it but Ellie WAS asking what his opinion on where the pregnancy was going.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. He called her with her bloodworm results and she pushed him for his opinion. As a loss mom, I get wanting to prepare yourself. You don't want false hope. That hurts more. Doctors would rather tell you it looks bad and give happy news later, than say it's all good when they aren't sure and have to take it back.

She seems fine with her doctor, and I don't think she changed when she moved. I like that she trusts and respects her doctor's experience.... she's definitely not a Missy!

Return to “Ellie and Jared”