Ellie + Jared Part 1

Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ellieandjared Part 1

Unread post by Refrigerator_Light »

Sorry for the double post, but you can also see calvins car seat base in the car next to Jackson.
hi_bye
Talker
Talker

Unread post by hi_bye »

PrettyLittleLiar wrote:Jacksons been facing forward a lot lately in his car seat. I don't why I'm just always surprised when people don't choose to rear face as long as possible.
Everyone I know forward faces at 1 year old. Its just what people do around here. It's not until YouTube that I realized RF for so long was a thing. I don't have kids so never researched it myself. Glad I have learned something.

Ellie+Jared+Jackson'sRocks
Ellie+Jared:Parenting101
Ellie+Jared:Babycakesishere

Ideas for titles. Hard when they are not snarky lol! Definitely not needed :P
Arieya
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Arieya »

I should go check out Bonnie's channel, for some reason I can't recall. Is Boston already FF too? I think it's strange they have so many small children in their family and not one of the parents knows the benefits of ERF? I can't believe I'm saying this...but you would think they would have at least questioned B+M about why Ollie is still RF, as well as tons of other YT kids.

I love the title with Jackson's rocks lol.
usmellllikesnow
BANNED
BANNED

Unread post by usmellllikesnow »

From the Utah car seat site, "click it Utah"

"The American Academy of Pediatrics recommend that parents keep their toddler rear-facing until age two. At a minimum, children should ride rear-facing until at least age one and 20 pounds."

So he's within the laws to sit forward facing. It's the same in my state, 1 year and 20 lbs and they can face forward. Jackson is definitely over 20 pounds!
PrettyLittleLiar
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PrettyLittleLiar »

Extended rear facing is a choice. Legally you can forward face when they turn one, but it's so much safer to rear face as long as possible so I don't know why everyone wouldn't do it. It could potentially safe their life in a serious accident.
bunnysalad
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by bunnysalad »

The way she is acting is normal, heck even better than other brand new mommas. As a postpartum doula, i see she is in a good space with a great amount of support which is what every mother deserves. She is acting like every other mother i have ever worked with.
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

Jackson and his rock obsession is the cutest little thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

I vote for a new title. Doesn't have to be snarky, and it may sound dumb but in other topics (mainly faster moving ones though) I find it easier to find things I may go back to search for when the titles are different. They're usually relevant to what is going on at the time so a title relevant to Calvin's recent arrival will make it easier for new and old posters to find something that happened before or after that.

Whichever mod starts the new thread - it would be AMAZING if you went back a few pages and figured out on what page Calvin was born and put it in the first post of the next thread so it would be easy to find before/after!! I'll do it if it's me but I am about to sleep til my littles wake up and they sleep late and this thread probably won't fill before I fall asleep.

So that's why I love the title changes on threads. Makes it interesting and easier to find things. :)
#FreeBen
Metalheadmama666
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Metalheadmama666 »

this family is amazing. I love their videos with the new baby.
Ellie is doing amazing. I'm jealous how much help she has Sure. I don't think she's doing anything wrong.
foreversoulmates
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by foreversoulmates »

angelfire89 wrote:
Deadhead_kay wrote:In Ellie's moms car he forward faced. But I'm assuming it's just because that was the car seat already installed in her car for other grandchildren? I don't know what his looks like so I can't say if it's the same or not lol
ok. I'm definitely still a few days behind (3 jobs are killing me.) agree that's it's probably just the way that car seat was already installed i
n the car.

It is E&J's car. The seat has been forward for 2 weeks. They just stop recording in the car. I noticed it and have been watching to see if they say anything. My son is a month older and still rearfacing. The only state that has passed the 2 yr law is New Jersey. Michigan passed a bill but was turn down.
usmellllikesnow
BANNED
BANNED

Unread post by usmellllikesnow »

Adorable vlog today <3
Deadhead_kay
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Deadhead_kay »

Oh wait I can actually be proud of my state for something?! Lmao. I wonder why they switched, he doesn't seem like the kid that throws those tantrums in the car and wanna forward face.
Just the opinion of an internet stranger. Don't take anything personally, for your own sake as well as mine.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I really wish they had kept Jackson rear facing. It is so much safer for him. I was always impressed that they did more than the minimum to keep him safe. :(

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

nutbagmcgee wrote:I really wish they had kept Jackson rear facing. It is so much safer for him. I was always impressed that they did more than the minimum to keep him safe. :(

I bet if we wait they will mention it the next time they are in the car with him.

Overall they are pretty damn good parents. I think is pretty shitty that they are being held to such high standard because of it, that they've been judged and scrutinized the last few days.

No parents are perfect and do things 100% correctly. Not Ellie and Jared, and not even those of us that are mommies Image The car seat decision is theirs, and I'm sure they have a good reason. They are not breaking a rule! They love Jackson and do what's best for him the rest of the time, at least from what we've seen. That counts for a lot in my book.

I mean, there are some crappy YT parents that rear face, but neglect their kids emotional and physical development, or who exploit their kids for fame and money. Not to mention, some who would even sabotage medical tests and deny something might be wrong with their child to ensure their perfect family image is maintained.

foreversoulmates
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by foreversoulmates »

Oh I agree it is their decision on forward facing. they at least waited until after 1. unlike the Shaytards who had Daxton forward facing some times before 1.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”