Ellie + Jared Part 1

lalila
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ellieandjared Part 1

Unread post by lalila »

HelloSweetie1 wrote:I think everyone is being a little hard on Ellie. I mean, she hasn't just layed around in bed. She has made healthy snacks for the family, cooked them meals (have we seen then eat out?) and looking after both boys while Jared gets his work done. She's also still been thinking of new video ideas for her channel! I mean, it's not like she's sat back and done NOTHING while her mom and husband look after everything. Image.

I think she would do just fine if Jared weren't there. She's be overwhelmed, but would adjust, as most moms do. She has parents and siblings that would support and guide her, but not step in and do everything for her.

Look, I have a husband that travels for work as well. He stayed home to help the first few days to help with everything. I told him to, because he just isn't as sensitive to my needs as Jared is to Ellie. Most men aren't.

I think we should give Ellie at least a few days before we start debating whether she's becoming distant or uninterested in Jackson or spoiled. I think she's lost her footing... she'll get it back Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think exactly the same. She had a baby not even a week ago and honestly, she is doing sooo well! Such a trooper! I was actually impressed by the attention both her and Jared gave to Jackson considering they have to adjust themselves to a newborn.

My husband is travelling a lot all over the world (left home early this morning for 7 days) and I know this is going to be difficult for me when our first baby will be there, on top of it I am living in a foreign country since one year, so despite my working colleagues, I have literally nobody. But this doesn't bother me, I am confident I can make it and that's all that matter to me ;) .
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

I'm on vacation so I'm catching up on reading here on the forums and haven't seen any vlogs lately. I'm especially excited to watch the E&J vlogs I'm missing. So much cute baby Calvin footage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
momto6
Talker
Talker

Unread post by momto6 »

Oh my goodness, I can't believe some of the comments here, LOL! Ellie just had a baby. She may have had tearing during delivery, plus normal post partum pain, sleep deprivation, plus a busy toddler. Cut them some slack. She is very blessed to have Jared home with her every day to help get in there and get things done with Jackson and Calvin. :) I would kill to have the help she has right now. That's the way it should be. In most cultures, the new mom isn't expected to do anything for the first several weeks or even months in some places. In the USA we have awful cultural expectations of new moms to just "bounce back" and not bat an eye. That is also why our post partum depression rates are so stinkin' high here. So, I say good for Ellie! She will be feeling less zombie-like in a few weeks and life will get back to a new "normal". :)
usmellllikesnow
BANNED
BANNED

Unread post by usmellllikesnow »

I was so glad her mom brought them food so she doesn't have to cook for a day or two. LOL it's like I know these people.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

So...do we need a creative thread title for part 2?
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
cursive
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cursive »

I just recently started watching E + J so I don't "know" her mom or her personality, but am I the only one who thought she seemed annoyed with Jackson in a few different parts of that video? The part about Jackson carrying the baby's blanket was one, and then she seemed to make an awful big deal about those pretzels. If that was my MIL or my mom they would've insisted that my kids have them if they wanted them. The way she said "Hey he's getting into my treats!" and then the comment about missing one was annoying.
usmellllikesnow
BANNED
BANNED

I love Ellie's mom. I've never gotten a bad feeling from anything she said. I think Ellie's family jokes around a lot. Her dad took some getting used to for me, but I think it's just their sense of humor.
nzmum512
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by nzmum512 »

cursive wrote:I just recently started watching E + J so I don't "know" her mom or her personality, but am I the only one who thought she seemed annoyed with Jackson in a few different parts of that video? The part about Jackson carrying the baby's blanket was one, and then she seemed to make an awful big deal about those pretzels. If that was my MIL or my mom they would've insisted that my kids have them if they wanted them. The way she said "Hey he's getting into my treats!" and then the comment about missing one was annoying.
That was definitely a sense of humour thing. To me it came across as a joke loud and clear.
phie20
Informer
Informer

Unread post by phie20 »

Seems like some of you really want to find something negative about them ^^
I've been watching them for a year or so and I ensure you, Jackson is one of the most loved and appreciated kids I've ever seen, there's no way Ellie/Jared could be pissed off by him. Maybe there just a little overwhelmed, but thats all.

The only thing I don't like about them (as mentioned above) is the promotion that's been going on... but seriously Ellie is a great mother.
cursive
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cursive »

If you are referring to me, I definitely am not trying to find something negative about them. I think they are amazing parents and think that the large majority of other vloggers and bloggers can learn a thing or two from them about how to treat your children. It's very obvious that they are head over heels for their boys. My comment about Ellie's mom was simply something I noticed, and as I stated I wasn't sure if she was just coming off differently to me because I'm a new viewer and don't "know" her. Never have I thought for one second that their children aren't loved and I'm pretty sure no one else here has said that either. Everyone is allowed to have their own opinions and I think E + J are definitely the most loved ones here and rarely receive any truly negative feedback.
PrettyLittleLiar
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PrettyLittleLiar »

Jacksons been facing forward a lot lately in his car seat. I don't why I'm just always surprised when people don't choose to rear face as long as possible.
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

PrettyLittleLiar wrote:Jacksons been facing forward a lot lately in his car seat. I don't why I'm just always surprised when people don't choose to rear face as long as possible.
When? I saw the picture of him in (I assume) Bonnie's car but has there been other times? Seems I've heard E
+ J say they'll keep him rear facing.
Deadhead_kay
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Deadhead_kay »

In Ellie's moms car he forward faced. But I'm assuming it's just because that was the car seat already installed in her car for other grandchildren? I don't know what his looks like so I can't say if it's the same or not lol
Just the opinion of an internet stranger. Don't take anything personally, for your own sake as well as mine.
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

Deadhead_kay wrote:In Ellie's moms car he forward faced. But I'm assuming it's just because that was the car seat already installed in her car for other grandchildren? I don't know what his looks like so I can't say if it's the same or not lol
ok. I'm definitely still a few days behind (3 jobs are killing me.) agree that's it's probably just the way that car seat was already installed in the car.
Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Refrigerator_Light »

No, I think he is definitely forward facing now because that was Ellie and Jareds car in the garage that Ellie's mom was taking to run errands. When she left to go home she went out the front car to walk to the visitors parking lot (I assume).
Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Refrigerator_Light »

Sorry for the double post, but you can also see calvins car seat base in the car next to Jackson.
hi_bye
Talker
Talker

Unread post by hi_bye »

PrettyLittleLiar wrote:Jacksons been facing forward a lot lately in his car seat. I don't why I'm just always surprised when people don't choose to rear face as long as possible.
Everyone I know forward faces at 1 year old. Its just what people do around here. It's not until YouTube that I realized RF for so long was a thing. I don't have kids so never researched it myself. Glad I have learned something.

Ellie+Jared+Jackson'sRocks
Ellie+Jared:Parenting101
Ellie+Jared:Babycakesishere

Ideas for titles. Hard when they are not snarky lol! Definitely not needed :P
Arieya
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Arieya »

I should go check out Bonnie's channel, for some reason I can't recall. Is Boston already FF too? I think it's strange they have so many small children in their family and not one of the parents knows the benefits of ERF? I can't believe I'm saying this...but you would think they would have at least questioned B+M about why Ollie is still RF, as well as tons of other YT kids.

I love the title with Jackson's rocks lol.
usmellllikesnow
BANNED
BANNED

From the Utah car seat site, "click it Utah"

"The American Academy of Pediatrics recommend that parents keep their toddler rear-facing until age two. At a minimum, children should ride rear-facing until at least age one and 20 pounds."

So he's within the laws to sit forward facing. It's the same in my state, 1 year and 20 lbs and they can face forward. Jackson is definitely over 20 pounds!
PrettyLittleLiar
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PrettyLittleLiar »

Extended rear facing is a choice. Legally you can forward face when they turn one, but it's so much safer to rear face as long as possible so I don't know why everyone wouldn't do it. It could potentially safe their life in a serious accident.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”