• Advertisement

Ellie + Jared Part 1

Re: Ellieandjared Part 1

Postby actuallydear » Mon May 25, 2015 3:31 am

CamilaCabello wrote:These people are so happy and full of love it makes me want to become Mormon. Them and the shaytards man.

that's how people fall into religions haha... look at the duggars. michelle was a normal, popular cheerleader and then she met jim bob.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby hi_bye » Mon May 25, 2015 5:19 am

Honestly Jared could have done no editing and I still would have cried like a baby! He opened the video with Calvin's cry and I was a mess. With the miscarriage flashback, I cried just as much if not more than I did the first time. And when he was wiping her tears during the epidural! Feels! What a beautiful birth video to have, I would be so grateful to have that! Sorry for my novel but these are two people that I am happy for when good things happen to, they are so humble and grateful.

This and my nephew turning 3 with my SIL posting a bunch of throwbacks is doing nothing good to my baby fever lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hi_bye
Talker

Postby lalila » Mon May 25, 2015 5:31 am

How wonderful was this video??? <3 <3 <3

I was crying while watching, great job Jared! What a nice memory for them!

The part with the "miscarriage" was the beginning of my tears! I totally forgot about that!

Calvin is reaaaalllyyy cute! It gives me such a baby fever... thanks god not that long to wait anymore :D
lalila
Gossiper

Postby babyspice » Mon May 25, 2015 5:50 am

I haven't watched it because I'm on vacation, but after reading what everyone is saying I know I'm going to cry like a baby
babyspice
Gossiper

Postby Kryptonite » Mon May 25, 2015 7:19 am

I love how a gossip forum has so much love for them! Lol.
#StayPuffy

Kryptonite
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Postby Deadhead_kay » Mon May 25, 2015 8:10 am

Kryptonite wrote:I love how a gossip forum has so much love for them! Lol.

Gossip can be good sometimes right? Lol I think they're the type of people that it's hard to hate, unless you're jealous haha
Just the opinion of an internet stranger. Don't take anything personally, for your own sake as well as mine.
Deadhead_kay
Gossiper

Postby angelfire89 » Mon May 25, 2015 10:54 am

Worst idea ever. Watched the Birth Vlog right after doing my makeup.
angelfire89
Gossiper

Postby PrettyLittleLiar » Mon May 25, 2015 11:47 am

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432579526.797453.jpg

I loved the birth vlog. I saw this on Jared's Twitter and instantly thought to much time with Bryan and Missy. Hoping to get on the local news for giving birth.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PrettyLittleLiar
Talker

Postby phie20 » Mon May 25, 2015 12:24 pm

I really liked the vlog, made me tear up a little :)

What I dislike: Jareds Twitter post to local news studios, idk why, but it just feels wrong to me. It's nothing special, yes, beautiful and emotional, great video, but why texting to TV? They obviously wanna get a lot out of this videos, wether it's money or fame, I'd love to see them relax and not go this much public. Birth's a very intimate moment (at least for me), not only for the parents, but the baby too, Calvin is barely a day old and his parents try to promote his birth?!
phie20
Informer

Postby HelloSweetie » Mon May 25, 2015 12:46 pm

phie20 wrote:I really liked the vlog, made me tear up a little :)

What I dislike: Jareds Twitter post to local news studios, idk why, but it just feels wrong to me. It's nothing special, yes, beautiful and emotional, great video, but why texting to TV? They obviously wanna get a lot out of this videos, wether it's money or fame, I'd love to see them relax and not go this much public. Birth's a very intimate moment (at least for me), not only for the parents, but the baby too, Calvin is barely a day old and his parents try to promote his birth?!

I had this initial reaction as well, but then I thought about all the work Jared put into it. It's possible he isn't thinking about the money, but about how proud he is of the little birth "documentary" he put together.

Yes it seems like a very Bryan-like Twitter post, but I think it's actually coming from a very different place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby Deadhead_kay » Mon May 25, 2015 1:27 pm

HelloSweetie1 wrote:
phie20 wrote:I really liked the vlog, made me tear up a little :)

I had this initial reaction as well, but then I thought about all the work Jared put into it. It's possible he isn't thinking about the money, but about how proud he is of the little birth "documentary" he put together.

Yes it seems like a very Bryan-like Twitter post, but I think it's actually coming from a very different place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree it's odd but if you think about who they are and what they do, they're really the only ones on YouTube that actually document their journey of being a family and struggling with infertility. The way Jared put together the video really captures all that they are. Which is a simple sweet couple that fully love their children.
Just the opinion of an internet stranger. Don't take anything personally, for your own sake as well as mine.
Deadhead_kay
Gossiper

Postby Deadhead_kay » Mon May 25, 2015 1:32 pm

Sorry for double post but I just wanna add that watching that video makes we wanna get an epi whenever I give birth lmao. I was always so pro natural birth and following my body and shit, but she looks so serene and relaxed. Idk they were talking about it over on b&m's side and I decided to bring it here lol
Deadhead_kay
Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Mon May 25, 2015 1:44 pm

Deadhead_kay wrote:Sorry for double post but I just wanna add that watching that video makes we wanna get an epi whenever I give birth lmao. I was always so pro natural birth and following my body and shit, but she looks so serene and relaxed. Idk they were talking about it over on b&m's side and I decided to bring it here lol

As a mom that had 2 epidurals, I fully encourage you to do it!

With my first son I had crazy back labour at home for 24 hours before finally getting my epidural. I had done the whole pain thing (minus the ring of fire) and was just done. The epidural was heaven and I swore I'd have one again next time... preferably sooner so I wasn't so exhausted.

With my second son, I was admitted into the hospital sooner, so my contractions hadn't really picked up yet. By the time the back labour really hit, I requested an epidural, and really only waited an hour or so. Unfortunately, he had trouble numbing my right side for some reason, so I ended up getting poked 3 times, and dosed with twice as much anesthetic as they'd normally give. I was so numb that I couldn't really tell if I was having a contraction anymore to push. When I was fully dilated they turned the pump off so the feeling would come back and I could feel my contractions enough to know when to push. Well that anesthetic wore off fast because I felt that entire ring of fire this time! Between the 2 pregnancies, I feel like I have a pretty damn good understanding of what a whole natural childbirth would be like, and I encourage anyone to just get the spinal. Don't be a hero. It was wonderful to not be exhausted this time after delivery. Minutes afterward I was stitched up, showering and then free to enjoy the whole night with my little man. I wasn't "out of it" or anything. It was beautiful, and really like the experience Ellie and Jared had. Be kind to yourself and just get the epidural. You won't get those first few moments back, so do everything you can to experience them fully and enjoy them :)
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby PrettyLittleLiar » Mon May 25, 2015 2:28 pm

What would a news station even do with a birth video? Just show it and be like here's someone giving birth. Everyone's birth is special so I don't know why they think there's deserves to be on tv. That Twitter posts made me think a little different about them and I really hope they don't change as their channel and income grows.
PrettyLittleLiar
Talker

Postby rodgerdodger » Mon May 25, 2015 2:34 pm

Anyone else notice the "Mama Bear" side of Ellie when she said "tell them to stop moving you" when the nurses and doctors were cleaning him up and doing measurements? I loved that!
rodgerdodger
Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Mon May 25, 2015 2:36 pm

PrettyLittleLiar wrote:What would a news station even do with a birth video? Just show it and be like here's someone giving birth. Everyone's birth is special so I don't know why they think there's deserves to be on tv. That Twitter posts made me think a little different about them and I really hope they don't change as their channel and income grows.

It looks like that news station does "feel good" local news stories. My guess is he was submitting it for that, and the fact that the video has gotten almost 200k views in less than 24 hours. Like I said before, I think he's proud of all they've done.... both with heir vlogging and their family.

HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby MichaelScarn » Mon May 25, 2015 3:42 pm

rodgerdodger wrote:Anyone else notice the "Mama Bear" side of Ellie when she said "tell them to stop moving you" when the nurses and doctors were cleaning him up and doing measurements? I loved that!

I noticed that too. I also saw a expression on her face that looked... Maybe annoyed or confused or something I'd never seen on her before when she was holding him close to when she said that. I wonder what she was thinking about. It was neat to see her mama bear side haha

MichaelScarn
Informer

Postby WheresMyCoffee » Mon May 25, 2015 4:04 pm

Deadhead_kay wrote:Sorry for double post but I just wanna add that watching that video makes we wanna get an epi whenever I give birth lmao. I was always so pro natural birth and following my body and shit, but she looks so serene and relaxed. Idk they were talking about it over on b&m's side and I decided to bring it here lol

I dont know where you live or what special shit they put in American epis, but I had one with my son and all it did was "take the edge off" definitely still felt everything, including the dreaded "burning ring of fire".
Anyway, loved the birth vlog. Edited beautifully!
Hate that Jackson was drinking pop... my son is 3.5 and has never had any, probably wont until he is like 10 lol
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Mon May 25, 2015 4:23 pm

WheresMyCoffee wrote:

I dont know where you live or what special shit they put in American epis, but I had one with my son and all it did was "take the edge off" definitely still felt everything, including the dreaded "burning ring of fire".
Hate that Jackson was drinking pop... my son is 3.5 and has never had any, probably wont until he is like 10 lol

It sounds like your epidural want positioned or dosed right. That sucks.

HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby WheresMyCoffee » Mon May 25, 2015 6:45 pm

HelloSweetie1 wrote:
WheresMyCoffee wrote:

It sounds like your epidural want positioned or dosed right. That sucks.

Damn. My sister always jokes I didnt get my moneys worth.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper

Postby momto6 » Mon May 25, 2015 8:22 pm

It sounds like you may have had an interthecal epidural and not the full blown epidural. :( I have had six babies. First one I had an epidural after 34 hours of labor. Second baby I progressed too fast for anything but nubain. Third baby I had an epidural that was amazing. Fourth baby I had an epidural that didn't work at all. I ended up with a spinal headache. Yuck. :( Fifth baby, another epidural that didn't work. Sixth baby I went natural because, well, idk why. I wanted to try it and succeeded. Pregnant again and this time I'm praying for an epidural that actually works! I've had my fill of natural births. :) to each their own.
momto6
Talker

Postby imsobored » Mon May 25, 2015 9:12 pm

Excuse my lack of knowledge - I've never had a baby nor do I plan to until my partner and I are at least out of college. But doesn't an epidural increase the risk of vaginal tearing? I feel like hypothetical future me would prefer to go through a few hours of crazy birth pain than a month of healing a tear.
imsobored
Amateur

Postby HelloSweetie » Mon May 25, 2015 9:27 pm

imsobored wrote:Excuse my lack of knowledge - I've never had a baby nor do I plan to until my partner and I are at least out of college. But doesn't an epidural increase the risk of vaginal tearing? I feel like hypothetical future me would prefer to go through a few hours of crazy birth pain than a month of healing a tear.

A tear hurts much less than hours and hours of intense contractions. Yes, they are that bad.

I don't think it increased the risk though. You are pushing a person out, and HARD. I don't think you push any more gently or stop if you can feel the tearing without an epidural. You do all you can to get the job done

HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby Arieya » Tue May 26, 2015 2:02 am

HelloSweetie1 wrote:
imsobored wrote:Excuse my lack of knowledge - I've never had a baby nor do I plan to until my partner and I are at least out of college. But doesn't an epidural increase the risk of vaginal tearing? I feel like hypothetical future me would prefer to go through a few hours of crazy birth pain than a month of healing a tear.

A tear hurts much less than hours and hours of intense contractions. Yes, they are that bad.

I don't think it increased the risk though. You are pushing a person out, and HARD. I don't think you push any more gently or stop if you can feel the tearing without an epidural. You do all you can to get the job done

I had an epidural with my first. I didn't actually get the epidural until very late (9 cm dilated) because it was new years eve and the majority of people were on call...in a snow storm -.- But the epidural made for a pleasant experience. However, I was pushing for 6 hours straight and they almost considered a c-section, but since his heart rate was fine they let me do my thing. I felt NOTHING. Not even pressure during the contractions. They had to tell me when to push and it was kind of awkward without that 'bear down' feeling. I had 6 stitches but with the epidural I didn't feel them putting them in!

With my 2nd I did completely natural, no meds. My labor and delivery was 20 minutes and also a very pleasant experience. I had no tearing and recovery was nothing.

Overall, i think I would go natural again for future children. But I would recommend epidural for FTM's just because it kinda prepares you for everything lol. Some people have really awful experiences with them though, so who knows. Some people get back pain for life and that didn't happen to me.

ETA: The reason getting an epidural increases risk of tearing is because they can increase labor and increase strain while pushing baby out. But really recovery wasn't that much worse with tearing for me. TMI: Maybe a little itchier because of the stitches, but otherwise...haha.
Arieya
Talker

Postby ohgoodness » Tue May 26, 2015 2:53 am

PrettyLittleLiar wrote:What would a news station even do with a birth video? Just show it and be like here's someone giving birth. Everyone's birth is special so I don't know why they think there's deserves to be on tv. That Twitter posts made me think a little different about them and I really hope they don't change as their channel and income grows.

Because the fact is, they have the same intentions as every other Youtuber out there. Hoping to make it big.
ohgoodness
Gossiper

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to Ellie and Jared