Ellie + Jared: Part 4

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ellie + Jared: Part 4

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lalila wrote:Just seen a tweet from Ellie from the 22nd of October (sorry if already been discussed).... once again about breastfeeding to increase her milk supply......

MY GOD THIS KIDDO IS 5MONTHS OLD! if she has been able to breastfeed since then and not using formula ever since.... then she is doing brilliantly.

She has to freaking stop with this! The recommendation is 6 months anyway, so only one month to go and she can start weaning.
Plus I think she's carried on about it so much, that I really do think she feels it makes her a better mom. Instead of researching supplements she admits she doesn't need yet, she could have been playing with Jackson.

My guess is she'll BF until he's at least one though. I don't even see her introducing purées at 6 months. I think she'll keep Calvin feeling like a baby as long as possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
usmellllikesnow
BANNED
BANNED

Unread post by usmellllikesnow »

lalila wrote:Just seen a tweet from Ellie from the 22nd of October (sorry if already been discussed).... once again about breastfeeding to increase her milk supply......

MY GOD THIS KIDDO IS 5MONTHS OLD! if she has been able to breastfeed since then and not using formula ever since.... then she is doing brilliantly.

She has to freaking stop with this! The recommendation is 6 months anyway, so only one month to go and she can start weaning.

Maybe she freaked out because someone she knows is now having to supplement with formula?

Laila, I think you are in a different country, so I am interested to hear what babies do at six months where you live.

I think she should breastfeed him as long as she can since he has stomach issues. If she stops at six months, he would have to switch to formula, which might be a disaster with his stomach issues. In the US, babies generally start cow's milk at 1 year, some old school docs start at 9 months. We start cereal here at four months, but I know some doctors do it later. The introduction of cereal helps some babies with their reflux, so that might actually help him.
lalila
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by lalila »

usmelllikesnow wrote:

Maybe she freaked out because someone she knows is now having to supplement with formula?

Laila, I think you are in a different country, so I am interested to hear what babies do at six months where you live.

I think she should breastfeed him as long as she can since he has stomach issues. If she stops at six months, he would have to switch to formula, which might be a disaster with his stomach issues. In the US, babies generally start cow's milk at 1 year, some old school docs start at 9 months. We start cereal here at four months, but I know some doctors do it later. The introduction of cereal helps some babies with their reflux, so that might actually help him.
You do have a point on this one but Lincoln drop in terms of percentile and I don't think Calvin did? So as long as Calvin is taking weight, I would say she is doing fine.

I am originally from somewhere else but here in the UK they do recommend breastfeeding exclusively until 6months and then starting progressively with weaning. What I wrote is wrong sorry for that, I meant to say that starting 6months you don't only breastfeed solely but also introduce vegetables/fruits therefore, she will have less stress on her shoulders.

My husband's country of origin, they give also teas to babies and will slowly start weaning at 5months.

Edit: forgot my own country of origin as I don't have a clue what they do, will tend to say same as the US :D :D
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

I don't think Ellie is a bad mother, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I don't think she is a particularly good mother. Granted, she loves her kids, but that's about all I'm willing to give her credit for at this point.
sunshinean
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sunshinean »

Do you guys think they are still friends with samika? I don't think they said anything about Jen's pregnancy and don't mention them at all..n
usmellllikesnow
BANNED
BANNED

Unread post by usmellllikesnow »

lalila wrote:
usmelllikesnow wrote:

You do have a point on this one but Lincoln drop in terms of percentile and I don't think Calvin did? So as long as Calvin is taking weight, I would say she is doing fine.

I am originally from somewhere else but here in the UK they do recommend breastfeeding exclusively until 6months and then starting progressively with weaning. What I wrote is wrong sorry for that, I meant to say that starting 6months you don't only breastfeed solely but also introduce vegetables/fruits therefore, she will have less stress on her shoulders.

My husband's country of origin, they give also teas to babies and will slowly start weaning at 5months.

Edit: forgot my own country of origin as I don't have a clue what they do, will tend to say same as the US :D :D
Got it! Always interesting to hear what people do in other countries. I also agree, Calvin has done fantastic with his weight, so she shouldn't be worried. :D
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

sunshinean wrote:Do you guys think they are still friends with samika? I don't think they said anything about Jen's pregnancy and don't mention them at all..n
Maybe they were hoping to get included in the Trixin "family" by being friends with Samika, and when it didn't pan out, dropped them. Jenn and Sam seem to have a pretty full life- they're always with their friends, and I think they might be too "young" for E& J. Plus, Ellie seems to be content with just her sisters as friends. So many of these family vloggers seem to have so few friends outside of family. Shay, E&J, B&M, they all seem to mostly hang out with family. Even Samika only hang with other vloggers (Trixin ones) except for their neighbors.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

Jared is on twitter trying to make motivational toddler happen again. :roll:

Has anyone else noticed how when Jared smiles for a picture, he opens his mouth wide and raises his eyebrows like a big surprised face? I don't get this. It's obviously very intentional and I don't understand it. Is he trying to be a cartoon character? Weird.
karmarosee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by karmarosee »

Whatshesaid_2015 wrote:Ellie treats Calvin like one treats a newborn, leaving him alone on the bed, the chair, the kitchen counter. It's not safe. I am rather surprised to learn he's 5 months old. Until today, I've never seen him reach for anything. I never see him at play, like on an activity mat or surrounded by toys to encourage him to get moving. He seems to sleep much of the time and is very often worn which restricts his movements and encourages him to nap. She's not a good candidate for another baby anytime soon.
Thank you, someone agrees with me! I mentioned this a while back and so many ppl disagreed with me. Every child is different and I hate to comparebut i have a 4 month old and hes always grabbing at things, chewing his blanket, wiggling around. He likes to stand while i hold him up & i see calvin and he just lays there not active at all. I used to love Ellie but shes getting to be so annoying and whiny imo.
Acbsktbll
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Acbsktbll »

sunshinean wrote:Do you guys think they are still friends with samika? I don't think they said anything about Jen's pregnancy and don't mention them at all..n
I think they are. That friendship doesn't seem forced like others. I mean Ellie left her kid with them. That says a lot.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

It dawned on me when it came up that he was 5 months old! Lol, it's crazy, huh? She nurses him, she wears him, she smooches on him, and it ends there. I've never heard him coo or have I heard her actively engage with him. It's really rather sad. I see him grinning with his bright inviting eyes and I want to play with him! He's old enough to play peek-a-boo, to talk to in rhymes, etc. He needs toys and time to play. He really is such a cute baby....
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

ohmygoshyouguys wrote:Jared is on twitter trying to make motivational toddler happen again. :roll:

Has anyone else noticed how when Jared smiles for a picture, he opens his mouth wide and raises his eyebrows like a big surprised face? I don't get this. It's obviously very intentional and I don't understand it. Is he trying to be a cartoon character? Weird.

It makes me wonder who he's targeting, pre-schoolers? Maybe he wants to be a clown? I find it to be a huge turn-off.
rodgerdodger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rodgerdodger »

Return to “Ellie and Jared”