Ellie + Jared: Part 4

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: Ellie + Jared: Part 4

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I tried to post earlier, and it just kept going and going, and never actually posted, so I will just say that I give her major props for buying that lady's groceries. That was totally awesome and I am sure saved that woman's day big time.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
smellycat801
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by smellycat801 »

rdt1004 wrote:
lurkymclurkerston wrote:
HelloSweetie1 wrote:About the religion....

I can totally see why the Mormon church would encourage their members to vlog. For many it's a side job for extra money. They take 9% right?

Plus it spreads the word in a very subtle way. I don't know about anywhere else, but the LDS here aren't very well received when they go door to door. YT is a good way to get into people's homes so to speak Image
It's scary how Mormon heavy YouTube is! But I do enjoy them. Not the religious aspect of it, of course. I remember when YouTube ads were full of Mormonism. A lot of like ads filled with minorities, showing you could be black or Hispanic and be Mormon lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would love if their were some black Mormon vloggers. Mostly just because I'm a black woman myself and I would want to observe them and try to understand the mind warp you would have to go through to follow a religion that excluded and discriminated against you only until very recently. Black men couldn't hold the priesthood until 1978. They just weren't allowed to be Mormon. That wasn't so long ago. It's 2015 and women still can't, white or not. I read in the exmormon subreddit that interracial couples used to not be able to marry in the temple. It's all very kooky. We should start a Mormonism thread on here for further discusssion lol.

They were allowed to be Mormon, but you are right that they couldn't hold the priesthood.

The Mormon church does have a pretty shady past. Just another reason why I left and am never going back. :-)

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
karunohana
Informer
Informer

Unread post by karunohana »

I loved Jacksons reaction to the blanked. And I'm happy for them to have it back!
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

I think they appear to be good with their money too. We have no clue how much they make and they are not big spenders. They've said they are saving for a house (and probably a car too) and don't seem to make impulse buys. Does anyone know if they have medical insurance? I can't imagine they do. The medical bills from the pregnancy & deliver will be significant. Fingers crossed no one gets hurt or needs on-going care. Medical care is super expensive, especially with no insurance!
MichaelScarn
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MichaelScarn »

OT: I'd love a mormonism topic. I'm an ex mormon and am really struggling with it. I was just saying the other day that I miss the "home" feeling (to me at least) of the church so much that I almost want to go to church and be a phony mormon even though I no longer believe any of it.
It's definitely an odd feeling.
On topic: I thought her buying groceries for that woman was very nice, yes. That doesn't cancel out her bratty tantrum at WalMart in my eyes though. Seeing them post about it everywhere like "you won't believe what happened to Ellie at the store today!" Really changed my opinion of them. You want to cry at home bc you're frustrated and tired? Okay. But you wanna stamp your foot in public and take it out on someone when it has the possibility of affecting someone else's job? Yeah, no.

westwuff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by westwuff »

^^^Yup. This. one good deed doesn't erase a childish tantrum in Walmart. If they had addressed it, I would feel differently, but don't act all high and mighty like you did the right thing for tattling on some poor minimum wage worker for not making you feel like the queen of sheba.
js215
Talker
Talker

Unread post by js215 »

minmouse wrote:I think they appear to be good with their money too. We have no clue how much they make and they are not big spenders. They've said they are saving for a house (and probably a car too) and don't seem to make impulse buys. Does anyone know if they have medical insurance? I can't imagine they do. The medical bills from the pregnancy & deliver will be significant. Fingers crossed no one gets hurt or needs on-going care. Medical care is super expensive, especially with no insurance!
There's no way they don't have insurance...that's just irresponsible with two little ones. I'm sure they have private insurance. Or does Maker offer insurance plans lol?
usmellllikesnow
BANNED
BANNED

Unread post by usmellllikesnow »

js215 wrote:
minmouse wrote:I think they appear to be good with their money too. We have no clue how much they make and they are not big spenders. They've said they are saving for a house (and probably a car too) and don't seem to make impulse buys. Does anyone know if they have medical insurance? I can't imagine they do. The medical bills from the pregnancy & deliver will be significant. Fingers crossed no one gets hurt or needs on-going care. Medical care is super expensive, especially with no insurance!
There's no way they don't have insurance...that's just irresponsible with two little ones. I'm sure they have private insurance. Or does Maker offer insurance plans lol?
As with most states, kids under 18 would be covered under Medicaid if they can't afford private insurance. Honestly, I don't see Jared being irresponsible about health insurance. He's probably in a plan, and yes! Religious groups DO have insurance plans. No joke!
js215
Talker
Talker

Unread post by js215 »

usmelllikesnow wrote:
js215 wrote:
As with most states, kids under 18 would be covered under Medicaid if they can't afford private insurance. Honestly, I don't see Jared being irresponsible about health insurance. He's probably in a plan, and yes! Religious groups DO have insurance plans. No joke!
I meant Maker Studios, which Ellie and Jared are "employed" by (I think). But I didn't know that about religious groups...very interesting! Would you have to work for them or just be a member?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Looks like Jared is working hard trying to preserve Ellie's image. There were a couple snarky replies from her to comments yesterday. One of them was from someone asking why she never mentions her bro/sister's vlogs. She replied something like "you only see 10 minutes of our lives"... which didn't really make sense to what the person was saying. Regardless, when I went to screencap this morning I couldn't find it so I'm thinking Jared removed it.

I wish she wouldn't comment at all because that just proves she's reading comments. There were a few people yesterday that posted about their struggles and those had no response. I'd rather see them respond to those posts like they used to since they so rarely respond to people at all anymore.
usmellllikesnow
BANNED
BANNED

Unread post by usmellllikesnow »

js215 wrote:
usmelllikesnow wrote:
js215 wrote: There's no way they don't have insurance...that's just irresponsible with two little ones. I'm sure they have private insurance. Or does Maker offer insurance plans lol?
I meant Maker Studios, which Ellie and Jared are "employed" by (I think). But I didn't know that about religious groups...very interesting! Would you have to work for them or just be a member?
Bahahahahahaha! I thought "maker" was some Mormon term for God. I completely forgot about the Maker Studio thing. I can't keep up with all their business ventures anymore.

There are some group type plans where you can share insurance as a group, and it's based on being a Christian. You don't have to work for the church, but you have to be a Christian and abide by some rules like not smoking or drinking etc. I know there are Christian and Catholic versions. I would not be shocked to know there is a Mormon version.

I'm sure I screwed up the quotes, I always do.
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

I think E&J are still signed with Fullscreen. They just had a meeting with them when they went to California.

staceyeileen
Informer
Informer

Unread post by staceyeileen »

minmouse wrote: Does anyone know if they have medical insurance? I can't imagine they do. The medical bills from the pregnancy & deliver will be significant. Fingers crossed no one gets hurt or needs on-going care. Medical care is super expensive, especially with no insurance!
umm... yes, they have to have insurance! Theyd pay an ACA fine if they didnt.
staceyeileen
Informer
Informer

Unread post by staceyeileen »

double post
MKitty
Talker
Talker

Unread post by MKitty »

HelloSweetie1 wrote:Looks like Jared is working hard trying to preserve Ellie's image. There were a couple snarky replies from her to comments yesterday. One of them was from someone asking why she never mentions her bro/sister's vlogs. She replied something like "you only see 10 minutes of our lives"... which didn't really make sense to what the person was saying. Regardless, when I went to screencap this morning I couldn't find it so I'm thinking Jared removed it.

I wish she wouldn't comment at all because that just proves she's reading comments. There were a few people yesterday that posted about their struggles and those had no response. I'd rather see them respond to those posts like they used to since they so rarely respond to people at all anymore.
I feel like they keep becoming more and more like Daily Bumps. Deleting comments and what not. They used to be great, but now I'm so close to considering not watching them anymore.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Obama care would get them covered. They have to have it or they're going to have a tax fine.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

Why wouldn't they have medical insurance? I'm willing to bet they do indeed have insurance.

smellycat801
Gossiper
Gossiper

MissVeronicaaa wrote:OT: I'd love a mormonism topic. I'm an ex mormon and am really struggling with it. I was just saying the other day that I miss the "home" feeling (to me at least) of the church so much that I almost want to go to church and be a phony mormon even though I no longer believe any of it.
On topic: I thought her buying groceries for that woman was very nice, yes. That doesn't cancel out her bratty tantrum at WalMart in my eyes though. Seeing them post about it everywhere like "you won't believe what happened to Ellie at the store today!" Really changed my opinion of them. You want to cry at home bc you're frustrated and tired? Okay. But you wanna stamp your foot in public and take it out on someone when it has the possibility of affecting someone else's job? Yeah, no.

I know how you feel. It was hard leaving the church. Thankfully I'm past that stage now. There are some groups on Facebook that helped me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
smellycat801
Gossiper
Gossiper

usmelllikesnow wrote:
js215 wrote:
usmelllikesnow wrote: As with most states, kids under 18 would be covered under Medicaid if they can't afford private insurance. Honestly, I don't see Jared being irresponsible about health insurance. He's probably in a plan, and yes! Religious groups DO have insurance plans. No joke!
Bahahahahahaha! I thought "maker" was some Mormon term for God. I completely forgot about the Maker Studio thing. I can't keep up with all their business ventures anymore.

There are some group type plans where you can share insurance as a group, and it's based on being a Christian. You don't have to work for the church, but you have to be a Christian and abide by some rules like not smoking or drinking etc. I know there are Christian and Catholic versions. I would not be shocked to know there is a Mormon version.

I'm sure I screwed up the quotes, I always do.
There isn't anything like that for Mormons.

I'm guessing they buy private insurance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
bam
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bam »

MissVeronicaaa wrote:OT: I'd love a mormonism topic. I'm an ex mormon and am really struggling with it. I was just saying the other day that I miss the "home" feeling (to me at least) of the church so much that I almost want to go to church and be a phony mormon even though I no longer believe any of it.
same. i've been having the same feelings recently even though i've been inactive for 3 years.
HelloSweetie1 wrote:Looks like Jared is working hard trying to preserve Ellie's image. There were a couple snarky replies from her to comments yesterday. One of them was from someone asking why she never mentions her bro/sister's vlogs. She replied something like "you only see 10 minutes of our lives"... which didn't really make sense to what the person was saying. Regardless, when I went to screencap this morning I couldn't find it so I'm thinking Jared removed it.

i've been wondering about this too. in a recent 8passengers vlog, ruby was thinking of changing their channel's name to have more traffic. people were commenting about e+j not helping when they did for bonnie. the next vlog, ruby talked about how she had a phone call with jared and that he gave her advice to add tags. that was nice but is it that hard to give their siblings a shout out? e+j went to beau's bday dinner, it wouldn't be too much to link his channel. they promoted matt's channel and he has quite a number of subs and views when imo ellie's siblings are more entertaining.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”