Ellie + Jared: Part 4

WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ellie + Jared: Part 4

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

Ellie treats Calvin like one treats a newborn, leaving him alone on the bed, the chair, the kitchen counter. It's not safe. I am rather surprised to learn he's 5 months old. Until today, I've never seen him reach for anything. I never see him at play, like on an activity mat or surrounded by toys to encourage him to get moving. He seems to sleep much of the time and is very often worn which restricts his movements and encourages him to nap. She's not a good candidate for another baby anytime soon.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I was waiting for Calvin to be launched forward and onto the floor when Jackson climbed onto the recliner.

Does Calvin not have a floor gym or anything? I don't remember seeing anything of the sort and that kid needs something!
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

OT, their video today was sponsored and it was disclosed in writing in the description. It's been a pet peeve of mine when they are unclear in the video, so I'm happy to see they are following the law.
marshamarshamarsha
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by marshamarshamarsha »

I know Ellie's all for minimalism but that is not good when it comes to stimulating a baby. You never see Calvin with a play gym or anything like that! You KNOW they have the money to purchase a few developmentally stimulating toys for him-she needs to get over the clutter thing and provide toys for her children.
usmellllikesnow
BANNED
BANNED

Unread post by usmellllikesnow »

ohmygoshyouguys wrote:
minmouse wrote:I know we've touched on safety issues and I'm about to bring it back up so skip this post if you feel the need.... It drives me bonkers when Ellie leaves the baby unattended on the bed or in the chair. Sometimes she even leaves the room! It is so easy for him to fall and, now that he is older, he is able to wiggle more or try to roll over and topple himself. Today E was filming while Calvin was propped on the recliner and Jackson ran over to him - he could easily have fallen down. Then she had him alone on the bed. I know it isn't a big fall but he could still get hurt. When my son was 9 months be climbed up and fell off a toddler bed. He fell only about one foot but knocked himself out and needed to get an CTscan to rule out any fractures. Oh, and I was literally just out of arms reach at the time with my daughter. Yes, the odds are nothing will happen but there is a chance so why do it?? Accidents happen. She could put him on the floor.
I was just going to say the same thing.

Also, I can't believe Calvin is 5 months old. He doesn't seem that old at all. Is he behind developmentally? I wonder if his neck has thrown him off a little. Some of my babies were sitting up at 5 months old.
Sitting up alone and rolling both directions by six months is the official CDC stance, but of course all babies are different and some may do it later or earlier. Cognitively, he is on par with where he should be. The only thing I haven't seen, or I can't remember, is if they have held him up to standing position to see if he will support himself on a solid surface. That's a 4 month milestone.

I wasn't worried about him being on the bed alone since he can't even roll over yet.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

It was the crappiest Blue Apron sponsored video ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Even in his 5 month picture his poor neck still isn't looking comfortable.
I wonder if having him in the wrap is making things worse, he's in there often and is usually scrunched up pretty good.
Poor Calvin.
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

Both kids need more toys. Calvin should be in an activity saucer or on a play mat. He needs to be stimulated and also work on muscle strength. E treats him like a newborn!Jackson needs more stimulation - toys, playdoh, crayons, finger paints, etc. He has minimal toys. No wonder he collects rocks!! (Joking, most toddlers like rocks. but he has not much else to play with)
marshamarshamarsha
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by marshamarshamarsha »

Yes come to think of it we never saw Jackson in an excersaucer type of toy. Calvin really needs it. I just do not understand why she refuses to have toys showing in her house.. Poor Calvin. His neck is looking better, but you can tell it's still not quite right.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

marshamarshamarsha wrote:Yes come to think of it we never saw Jackson in an excersaucer type of toy. Calvin really needs it. I just do not understand why she refuses to have toys showing in her house.. Poor Calvin. His neck is looking better, but you can tell it's still not quite right.
Honestly, i think the no toys thing is only going to get worse when they have a big and beautiful new home. She's going to have a new home to show off and will suddenly let her kids clutter it up with toys? Not likely. I see Ellie as the fancy living room type of person.
Deadhead_kay
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Deadhead_kay »

Hopefully they get a house big enough to have a designated play area. That way the kids can have all the toys they want and it won't be a complete bother to Ellie lol
Just the opinion of an internet stranger. Don't take anything personally, for your own sake as well as mine.
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

Were they invited to that young couple Aspyn and Parker's wedding? It's today and I just started watching a few of their videos and checked out Aspyn's thread on GG and she's so annoying. I know a lot of you think Ellie is spoiled, but omg Aspyn is on another level. I can't believe they're getting married and building their own house and she's only 19 and I think Parker just turned 20. He's mormon, she's not. His mom seems to hate her. All very entertaining. They're like obsessed with Ellie and Jared though so I'm betting they were invited to the wedding.
FJ_Lanning
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by FJ_Lanning »

rdt1004 wrote:Were they invited to that young couple Aspyn and Parker's wedding? It's today and I just started watching a few of their videos and checked out Aspyn's thread on GG and she's so annoying. I know a lot of you think Ellie is spoiled, but omg Aspyn is on another level. I can't believe they're getting married and building their own house and she's only 19 and I think Parker just turned 20. He's mormon, she's not. His mom seems to hate her. All very entertaining. They're like obsessed with Ellie and Jared though so I'm betting they were invited to the wedding.
What's their channel name??? Sounds redic.
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

FJ_Lanning wrote:
rdt1004 wrote:Were they invited to that young couple Aspyn and Parker's wedding? It's today and I just started watching a few of their videos and checked out Aspyn's thread on GG and she's so annoying. I know a lot of you think Ellie is spoiled, but omg Aspyn is on another level. I can't believe they're getting married and building their own house and she's only 19 and I think Parker just turned 20. He's mormon, she's not. His mom seems to hate her. All very entertaining. They're like obsessed with Ellie and Jared though so I'm betting they were invited to the wedding.
Aspyn + Parker. They're very immature. Like I know they're young, I'm only 21 but they act like 16 year olds.
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

rdt1004 wrote:
FJ_Lanning wrote:
Aspyn + Parker. They're very immature. Like I know they're young, I'm only 21 but they act like 16 year olds. Idk how old Aspyn's mom is but she seems like the type who wants to be more of a best friend to her daughter than an actual mother.
FJ_Lanning
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by FJ_Lanning »

rdt1004 wrote:
rdt1004 wrote:
FJ_Lanning wrote: What's their channel name??? Sounds redic.
Aspyn + Parker. They're very immature. Like I know they're young, I'm only 21 but they act like 16 year olds. Idk how old Aspyn's mom is but she seems like the type who wants to be more of a best friend to her daughter than an actual mother.
HOLY SHIT. Both of their channels have SO many followers. I don't get it. They sent out the invites THREE weeks ago and had engagement photos a month ago. Is this some shotgun wedding?? I'll have to watch a video or two. I'm slightly scared. Haha
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

FJ_Lanning wrote:
rdt1004 wrote:
rdt1004 wrote: Aspyn + Parker. They're very immature. Like I know they're young, I'm only 21 but they act like 16 year olds. Idk how old Aspyn's mom is but she seems like the type who wants to be more of a best friend to her daughter than an actual mother.
HOLY SHIT. Both of their channels have SO many followers. I don't get it. They sent out the invites THREE weeks ago and had engagement photos a month ago. Is this some shotgun wedding?? I'll have to watch a video or two. I'm slightly scared. Haha
From what I read on GG, Aspyn is obsessed with Parker and the idea of marriage and being a housewife. When he proposed to her (with a huge ring she obviously bought cause he has no job and his parents don't seem to like her) she said "finally" like they're 30s year olds who have been dating for years and not teenagers. I think that's why they like Ellie and Jared so much. They want their life and to be like them, but are so far from it. They have nothing in common except for getting married young and Parker being Mormon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

minmouse wrote:Both kids need more toys. Calvin should be in an activity saucer or on a play mat. He needs to be stimulated and also work on muscle strength. E treats him like a newborn!Jackson needs more stimulation - toys, playdoh, crayons, finger paints, etc. He has minimal toys. No wonder he collects rocks!! (Joking, most toddlers like rocks. but he has not much else to play with)
Come to think of it, I've never even seen Calvin with so much as a rattle! And yes, Jackson does need some toys too! Jackson should have stacking/nesting toys, blocks, shape sorters, a farms set with animals and a tractor, a xylophone, the list goes on and on. It really is kind of sad. I enjoyed buying toys for my children, I thought everyone did. And, since learning takes place everywhere, I don't think a designated toy room is the answer.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

What's their channel name??? Sounds redic.[/quote]
Aspyn + Parker. They're very immature. Like I know they're young, I'm only 21 but they act like 16 year olds. Idk how old Aspyn's mom is but she seems like the type who wants to be more of a best friend to her daughter than an actual mother. [/quote][/quote]

HOLY SHIT. Both of their channels have SO many followers. I don't get it. They sent out the invites THREE weeks ago and had engagement photos a month ago. Is this some shotgun wedding?? I'll have to watch a video or two. I'm slightly scared. Haha[/quote]

I watched their house tour and I'm pretty sure I've lost some brain cells. Still, I'm curious. How did they get all those subscribers? What is it that they do? They seem nice enough, do they have a purpose?
usmellllikesnow
BANNED
BANNED

Unread post by usmellllikesnow »

Whatshesaid_2015 wrote:What's their channel name??? Sounds redic.
Aspyn + Parker. They're very immature. Like I know they're young, I'm only 21 but they act like 16 year olds. Idk how old Aspyn's mom is but she seems like the type who wants to be more of a best friend to her daughter than an actual mother. [/quote][/quote]

HOLY SHIT. Both of their channels have SO many followers. I don't get it. They sent out the invites THREE weeks ago and had engagement photos a month ago. Is this some shotgun wedding?? I'll have to watch a video or two. I'm slightly scared. Haha[/quote]

I watched their house tour and I'm pretty sure I've lost some brain cells. Still, I'm curious. How did they get all those subscribers? What is it that they do? They seem nice enough, do they have a purpose?[/quote]

I'm so curious, I have to see this now. LOL

Return to “Ellie and Jared”