Unread post by js215 »

zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ellie + Jared: Part 6

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

I will admit that the Panty Hose tug of war video on Jared's channel had me cracking up!
elifino1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by elifino1 »

Me too but oh my, Bryan looked way gross. He looked like a pig with a big toe head.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

zipadeedodah wrote:I will admit that the Panty Hose tug of war video on Jared's channel had me cracking up!
The ending lol omg I laughed too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alexandriablue
Talker
Talker

Unread post by alexandriablue »

I didn't watch the pantyhose video but Grace Helbig and Colleen Evans JUST did the same video. Where did they get the idea?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

alexandriablue wrote:I didn't watch the pantyhose video but Grace Helbig and Colleen Evans JUST did the same video. Where did they get the idea?
Colleen Ballinger did it and Missy tweeted to say it inspired Bryan.... of course.
PhoenixFeathers
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PhoenixFeathers »

alexandriablue wrote:I didn't watch the pantyhose video but Grace Helbig and Colleen Evans JUST did the same video. Where did they get the idea?
They mention in their video that they had seen Grace and Colleen's and thought it was funny and wanted to try it themselves. So they did give credit where credit is due.

I thought it was hilarious, a but terrifying, but I did laugh.
OnAPlaydate
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OnAPlaydate »

That video was hilarious. I loved it. I love challenge videos like that that aren't a bunch of question and answer things. I just want it to be funny and simple.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Am I the only one that thought the Mom's View video seemed overly preachy and sanctimonious? It never occurred to me before that the show was so Mormon based. Is it always like that?

I found it really hard to watch the whole thing. I will say though, Kayli actually is very happy and positive. She acknowledged her struggles (like babying Winston) which I like. I wonder if that's the image Jared is trying to create for Ellie?
CanYouJustNot
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CanYouJustNot »

While watching the Mom's View I just kept thinking, I wonder what the consequences of having a daily vlog of your entire life, starting from birth, would be. Especially as an adult. One that your parents monetized and showed to the entire world. Can't wait for the "children of Youtube" specials in 15 years.
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

HelloSweetie1 wrote:Am I the only one that thought the Mom's View video seemed overly preachy and sanctimonious? It never occurred to me before that the show was so Mormon based. Is it always like that?

I found it really hard to watch the whole thing. I will say though, Kayli actually is very happy and positive. She acknowledged her struggles (like babying Winston) which I like. I wonder if that's the image Jared is trying to create for Ellie?
The Moms View is always heavy on Mormon cast. The only person who gave it diversity when speaking about religion was Sharzad. Angel is very religious, too. Just not Mormon.

And I agree... If they could say "positivity" a few more times I'd get that the video was about positivity. Ha. I felt the content was lacking... There was only so much they all could say lol.

OnAPlaydate
Informer
Informer

lurkymclurkerston wrote:
HelloSweetie1 wrote:Am I the only one that thought the Mom's View video seemed overly preachy and sanctimonious? It never occurred to me before that the show was so Mormon based. Is it always like that?

The Moms View is always heavy on Mormon cast. The only person who gave it diversity when speaking about religion was Sharzad. Angel is very religious, too. Just not Mormon.

And I agree... If they could say "positivity" a few more times I'd get that the video was about positivity. Ha. I felt the content was lacking... There was only so much they all could say lol.

I missed the episodes at Kayli's house, just the girls on her couch chatting. It was much better back then.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

I only watched about half of it, it was kind of boring to me. Which one is Kayli? Do we know why Jared was on the panel? I couldn't figure out why during the first half.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

DistantLines wrote:
lurkymclurkerston wrote:

I missed the episodes at Kayli's house, just the girls on her couch chatting. It was much better back then.
I never saw it back then. I've seen a few episodes before and they were a little more energetic and fun. I felt like this one was a whole lot of patting themselves on the back for being positive when really, it's not like any of them have a truly difficult life. A little diversity, wouldn't have hurt.
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

That whole Mom's View episode was boring and awkward. I've never watched the Mom's View, is it always so boring? It was like a wanna-be actual show. It was hilarious actually, seeing the hosts and Ellie and Jared acting like they're all on TV and so well known, lol. YouTube fame is an interesting thing.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Whatshesaid_2015 wrote:

I only watched about half of it, it was kind of boring to me. Which one is Kayli? Do we know why Jared was on the panel? I couldn't figure out why during the first half.
Kayli is Shay's sister in law. She is soft spoken, naturally beautiful and has 3 kids. Go to the Casey Lavere channel to see her. I think it's a video from a week or so ago where she talks about having babies Winston and how she has a hard time letting go. It was very open and I felt for her. The video I'm talking about is "Winston Goes To Daycare".
KimKardashian
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by KimKardashian »

was Ellie 18 when she got married ?
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

KimKardashian wrote:was Ellie 18 when she got married ?
Yep. She was 18 in April and married that November.
FJ_Lanning
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by FJ_Lanning »

ohmygoshyouguys wrote:
I was 17 then. (And started dated my BF exactly a month after their wedding) I couldn't imagine by Nov 2010 at 18 getting married! I guess because Jared was older and had an education and job??
OnAPlaydate
Informer
Informer

FJ_Lanning wrote:
ohmygoshyouguys wrote:
I was 17 then. (And started dated my BF exactly a month after their wedding) I couldn't imagine by Nov 2010 at 18 getting married! I guess because Jared was older and had an education and job??
Was Jared finished with college yet when they got married? I feel like they've talked about him being in college for a couple years after they got married. I just can't believe they got married so young. I wish Ellie's parents would have pushed her to pursue college for at least a little bit. I really do like Ellie, but by them essentially marrying her off right out of high school, they've let her essentially be really stunted as an adult, I feel. She needs more knowledge badly.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”