Ellie + Jared: Part 6

meganshay
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ellie + Jared: Part 6

Unread post by meganshay »

I got lost in the time suck of YouTube and watching their older videos is almost depressing - they had such ... Better personalities? Ellie used to hold the camera more, it wasn't "perfect," they seemed to appreciate what they were doing!

Anyways, I don't know if this was posted but here's a news article on the caroling Jared did with the Shaytards: http://www.ksl.com/?sid=37505572&nid=14 ... id=queue-2

The actual video isn't out yet but other people have made videos about being in it:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
parryhotter
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by parryhotter »

Randomly random thought: Has anyone ever brought up the fact that the title of their channel and even brand has Ellie's name first (EJ/Ellie and Jared)? Most other couple vloggers have the guy's name first. I wonder if this was an Ellie controlling thing, or it just happened that way. Things that make you go hmmmmm...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

parryhotter wrote:Randomly random thought: Has anyone ever brought up the fact that the title of their channel and even brand has Ellie's name first (EJ/Ellie and Jared)? Most other couple vloggers have the guy's name first. I wonder if this was an Ellie controlling thing, or it just happened that way. Things that make you go hmmmmm...

I think it's more a habit of Jared's. While I do think he has a tendency to promote and cater to Ellie, I don't think that played into decision. If it did, then it's possible it's because they used Ellie's channel. It used to be titled "Style By Ellie".

Either way I don't think the name matters much. I think Katie and Cullen has a better flow, and always forget it's actually C&K Image
CanYouJustNot
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CanYouJustNot »

I always thought it was E&J, B&M, C&K because of alphabetical order, not because the men were first? It sounds better those ways too. That's just what I thought made sense. Lol.
pirateayy07
Informer
Informer

Unread post by pirateayy07 »

Also, Gabe&Babe tv is titled the same, wife first. I think it's just coincidence.
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

Holy crap, I can't believe how Ellie's cheekbones are sticking out. When she turns to the side you can see it even more. I know she possibly can't control it, but WOW. She should cut some bangs or something, with her hair up like that she just looks so boney and gaunt.
parryhotter
Informer
Informer

Unread post by parryhotter »

Thanks for the input y'all lol. I figured maybe it was just a coincidence or something. Just wondered if anyone else noticed. I've never watched Gabe and Babe. From that title, I totally would have thought that Gabe was the guy's name.

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

Was nice to see Jackson have fun in today's vlog and grandma getting a ball for him :). Also would like to know why Ellie continues to spoon feed Jackson regularly. Are two year olds still super messy with a spoon? Lol idk I only have 6 month old.

minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

What's up with the spongebob bit (like Samika), the fast forward talking (like Cullen does) and the end slate talk over??? I feel like Jared is trying to be edgy or more interesting but he's just ripping off others stuff. JUST BE YOURSELVES!

So happy Jackson finally got a ball. Did you see how happy he was??? The poor kid! Get him a few fun toys for goodness sake!!
formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

Didn't someone on here mention the other day that Jackson doesn't have any sweatpants? Then in today's blog they go shopping for sweatpants lol
summerdreams
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by summerdreams »

In regards to Jackson's development, I think his speech is fine. By two they are meant to have at least 50 words and be beginning to be putting two words together. Comparing him to other kids on YT doesn't mean much, they're all so different some are talking in 3/4 word sentences by 20 months and others are only saying 10 words then, and it's not always about how much time and effort is put into teaching them. I know many kids that say less than Jackson does at the same age. To the walking strangely I think his trousers might be too tight, I don't think it's because he was a 'late' walker- he was 14/15 months..that's not even late! Late is 16 months +
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

parryhotter wrote:Randomly random thought: Has anyone ever brought up the fact that the title of their channel and even brand has Ellie's name first (EJ/Ellie and Jared)? Most other couple vloggers have the guy's name first. I wonder if this was an Ellie controlling thing, or it just happened that way. Things that make you go hmmmmm...

Ellie herself has said before in their older videos that she prefers Jared+Ellie, but Jared prefers Ellie+Jared, so they went with what Jared wanted.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

minmouse wrote:What's up with the spongebob bit (like Samika), the fast forward talking (like Cullen does) and the end slate talk over??? I feel like Jared is trying to be edgy or more interesting but he's just ripping off others stuff. JUST BE YOURSELVES!

So happy Jackson finally got a ball. Did you see how happy he was??? The poor kid! Get him a few fun toys for goodness sake!!
His style is very Casey Neistat lately too.

It really feels like he's desperate to reinvent things and have the channel grow.... something. He works harder than we see from other YTers, I'll give him that, but it almost seems to be backfiring.

I liked how simple and genuine their channel was in the beginning, and the last year had been anything but. I admire his efforts to take classes and learn more about the inner workings of YT, but I just don't see the channel growing as long as they continue to appeal to the tween fanbase.

Love the new outfit Image

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

alym0326 wrote:

Ellie herself has said before in their older videos that she prefers Jared+Ellie, but Jared prefers Ellie+Jared, so they went with what Jared wanted.

I also remember a vlog when they were talking about the reasoning but the only part I remember is Jared saying that his family thought Jared and Ellie sounded better and her family thinks Ellie and Jared. Which makes sense because you usually say the person you know better first.

alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

gymchick43 wrote:
alym0326 wrote:

I also remember a vlog when they were talking about the reasoning but the only part I remember is Jared saying that his family thought Jared and Ellie sounded better and her family thinks Ellie and Jared. Which makes sense because you usually say the person you know better first.

That's the vlog I think I'm thinking of, but I'm fairly certain Ellie says she likes Jareds name better

WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

HelloSweetie1 wrote:
minmouse wrote:What's up with the spongebob bit (like Samika), the fast forward talking (like Cullen does) and the end slate talk over??? I feel like Jared is trying to be edgy or more interesting but he's just ripping off others stuff. JUST BE YOURSELVES!

His style is very Casey Neistat lately too.

It really feels like he's desperate to reinvent things and have the channel grow.... something. He works harder than we see from other YTers, I'll give him that, but it almost seems to be backfiring.

I liked how simple and genuine their channel was in the beginning, and the last year had been anything but. I admire his efforts to take classes and learn more about the inner workings of YT, but I just don't see the channel growing as long as they continue to appeal to the tween fanbase.

Love the new outfit Image

After the vlog in LA where he did the Q&A with sunglasses and was vlogging himself in the elevater with sunglasses, it was brought to our attention that he was trying to copy Casy Neistat. If he's still trying to copy him, I don't see it at all. He can't hold a candle to Casey Neistat. I wouldn't say he works harder than other youtubers, I'd say he tries harder and it shows-- to his detriment. These days I'm happy as ever with Cullen and don't mind Bryan nearly as much as I used to. And it's all because Jared tries too hard, and when other family vloggers simple cruise, they look a lot better next to him and his antics.

Why is he trying so very hard? I think 500k subs is great, why isn't he pleased? What exactly does he want? He claims to only film 15-20 minutes per day, editing can't take that long. What does he do with his time? Write outlines/scripts? Rehearse? Practice his smile in the mirror? Make faces at himself? He's got way too much time on his hands. If he were smart he'd go back to school and get a graduate degree in his field so he has something to fall back on in the future.
liveyourlife22
Talker
Talker

Unread post by liveyourlife22 »

I thought it was strange that the whole theater was empty, considering The Good Dinosaur just came out (I think that was the movie they were watching, they never mentioned what they saw). Maybe it was the time of day or a small theater, but maybe they rented it out?

Also the ball they got changed from green to pink (green at 8:05, pink at 9:04). Did they get multiple balls?
formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

liveyourlife22 wrote:I thought it was strange that the whole theater was empty, considering The Good Dinosaur just came out (I think that was the movie they were watching, they never mentioned what they saw). Maybe it was the time of day or a small theater, but maybe they rented it out?

Also the ball they got changed from green to pink (green at 8:05, pink at 9:04). Did they get multiple balls?
I doubt they rented out the theatre. I just saw a new movie at a theatre in a populated area and was completely alone, due to the fact that it was late afternoon.
KatB11182014
Talker
Talker

Unread post by KatB11182014 »

Anyone catch the shade is c&ks blog at the end when Austin said at least we aren't fake or something like that and they all laughed.
twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by twomommies »

HelloSweetie1 wrote:

I think it's more a habit of Jared's. While I do think he has a tendency to promote and cater to Ellie, I don't think that played into decision. If it did, then it's possible it's because they used Ellie's channel. It used to be titled "Style By Ellie".

Either way I don't think the name matters much. I think Katie and Cullen has a better flow, and always forget it's actually C&K Image
I say it's whoever created it has their name first, like my girlfriend and I. I changed it to saraandsarah (which it isn't currently...yes we have the same name)

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Return to “Ellie and Jared”