• Advertisement

Ellie + Jared: Part 6

Re: Ellie + Jared: Part 6

Postby lmmomSD » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:06 pm

sweetpea77 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
HelloSweetie1 wrote:[quote="gymchick43"]It's very interesting for me to watch this video. I know everyone does things differently and I am lucky to own a house. But where I am from and watching all of my friends; we have bought a house, got the dog and/or cat and THEN have the kids. So it's strange seeing this different perspective with them stating "start of our lives" getting so emotional about signing papers. Lol idk guess me and my hubby were just very anti climatic when we bought our house and got our cat lol. It was having a baby that was more of the OMG START OF OUR LIVES IM CRYING moment for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having a baby IS the start of your lives. A house is just where you live. Yes, it's a joke, but that can be anywhere if it has to be.

This ideology speaks to Ellie's immaturity IMO. She has all these built up hopes and dreams about what life will be like in their new home. That's ok, and totally understandable, but from what we've seen of her she definitely is unable to take things in stride. If that picture doesn't turn out EXACTLY as she thought it would, I think she'll be disappointed.

You _can't_ go through life thinking you're only going to be happy when you get X, and then once you get that, wanting Y, etc. And the most obnoxious thing about this, (and I know it's been said) is that Ellie is always yammering about being in the moment and appreciating what you've got _now_. But she doesn't practice what she preaches at all.
Was she seriously crying over signing the papers for the land? Yes, it's a big deal. I won't say it's not. But I agree. A house is just where you live. The people in it make it a home.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

i think every one needs to keep in mind everyone does things at there own pace and theres no right way to do them. some get married rent a home have a family buy a house some buy a house get married buy a dog have kids. theres no right or wrong way in this day and age so i don't think people should judge. live your life let others live theres. Ellie and Jared seem to be a very grateful loving family. and yes a house is where you live , but some people are sensitive. and how is ellie being a hypocrite " living in the moment" ?? you don't make a valid point at all. yes they are grateful for having a place to live rent or whatever.... but theres no harm in wanting more and a house and something better for you and your family. i know if i just bought a house with my hubby i would cry to.. thats a big step this is a place you are going to make memories for years and potentially be your forever home, plus its a big accomplishment to some people.im sure its just cries of happiness. granted they just make youtube videos for a living, but they do so call " live within there means" and have been saving to get to where they are.... and if you don't think they do .... just go watch daily bumps.... those people just waste money and don't try to better themselves or there family... they are vain and think things will make there child happy.... not.... just a spoiled brat![/quote]
I do think they are hypocritical. And more like Bryan and Missy than not.
The reason I think they're hypocritical is that they talk a _lot_ about being in the moment, and being happy with what you have now, and grateful, but they don't act that way. I can't remember the particular vlog, but there's one when I distinctly remember Ellie standing in the kitchen yammering on about gratitude, and appreciating your life the way it is. And Jared's car talks go on about the same things. But she doesn't seem happy. She has a husband who stays home all day with her, and two beautiful boys. But now she has to have her house. She got a plot of land, and Jared gave her a nice pair of diamond earrings for their anniversary, and a couple of days later, she had a tantrum because her sister got some new clothes and a pair of cute boots. She says you should smile and be friendly, and then gets really angry because one Wal-Mart worker didn't respond quickly enough. (The other person did respond, but she was made because _both_ didn't?)
And it's fine to have the kids and then get the house, or do it in whatever order you please. That's not what I think is odd. A house _is_ a big deal. But saying that "now our life is starting" is what I think is weird. That's the opposite of living in the moment.
There's so much scripted now, I can't tell if they really are grateful or happy or not. I'm responding because you quoted me. It's ok to disagree. I'm just explaining _why_ I think the way I do. Not trying to argue or convince you.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby lmmomSD » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:12 pm

Wow, sorry it was such a novel! Didn't realize how long that post was...

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby WhatSheSaid » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:42 pm

sweetpea77 wrote:
Whatshesaid_2015 wrote:
ohmygoshyouguys wrote:People who let their kid run around naked in someone else's house bug me. I have a sister in law who does this at my house. She'll change her child's diaper and then let him run around my house naked for a while. She acts so helpless like "Oh wow he got away from me". I have 4 kids and this doesn't just happen. Even at home, we undress them IN THE BATHROOM before their bath. And then get them out with their pajamas on the bathroom counter waiting to put them on in the bathroom. I think it's disgusting and not even funny at all that she showed Jackson's poop on the floor. I'm sure her mother in law was thrilled.

Maybe I'm uptight, but I never let my children run around naked in my house, never mind some one else's home. In fact, I never allowed my kids to run around in only a diaper or underwear. And none of my kids ever pooped on the floor. I'd be interested to know if Ellie finds it cute or clever when the kids shit on the floors in her new house. It's disgusting and highly disturbing, not something to vlog.

yeah your just uptight ! sorry. if you say your child isn't a little wiggle worm and don't try and get away from you when you are undressing or dressing them... then your lying. my son is a challenge unless i get something to distract him with, sometimes he's so fast he gets away quick. Letting a child run around naked in your own home is no harm. to vlog it thats another, and in someone else's home thats strange too. but in your own home, why not who cares. its a baby. they are in diapers 24.7 a nice little air doesn't kill anyone lol. y then again everyone is different so whatever.

I've had 3 children and none of them tried to wiggle free from diapering or dressing. One tried to avoid getting his ears cleaned by trying to wiggle free, so that was a two person job. I'm not lying and I freely admit to being uptight when it comes to certain things,
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper

Postby WhatSheSaid » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:52 pm

gymchick43 wrote:I feel bad for Jared parents. He keeps calling the stuff they are getting rid of "junk" and ya it may be junk to him and us but his parents originally started collecting it for a reason. And it was obviously hard for them to get rid of- in previous vlogs they were joking around about Jared being mean and rude. And honestly he did seem very pushy in the video, and then he seemed very braggy about doing it as if his parents would have been helpless without him. Which they may have been, but I felt sad for them that Jared was filming it, I would be kinda embarrassed about it if I were them. Ellie was more sensitive then Jared, complimenting the hard work of her MIL. Idk I guess I'm sensitive to these issues (collecting/hoarding) and I can read people pretty well being a psychiatric nurse.

I thought it was a bit brutal. Why get rid of the kennal? I would think that they'd like to have another dog in the future.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:57 pm

Whatshesaid_2015 wrote:
gymchick43 wrote:I feel bad for Jared parents. He keeps calling the stuff they are getting rid of "junk" and ya it may be junk to him and us but his parents originally started collecting it for a reason. And it was obviously hard for them to get rid of- in previous vlogs they were joking around about Jared being mean and rude. And honestly he did seem very pushy in the video, and then he seemed very braggy about doing it as if his parents would have been helpless without him. Which they may have been, but I felt sad for them that Jared was filming it, I would be kinda embarrassed about it if I were them. Ellie was more sensitive then Jared, complimenting the hard work of her MIL. Idk I guess I'm sensitive to these issues (collecting/hoarding) and I can read people pretty well being a psychiatric nurse.

I thought it was a bit brutal. Why get rid of the kennal? I would think that they'd like to have another dog in the future.

It felt very patronizing. Like they were cleaning out their parent's stuff things before putting them in a home. They are able minded adults FFS! There was no need to treat them like they were old and confused.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby westwuff » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:46 am

That's exactly what I thought, they were acting like they were shipping them off to a home. It also annoyed me that Jared said "junk" rather than clutter or a more neutral term
westwuff
Gossiper

Postby phie20 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:46 am

Ellie has posted a picture of Jackson sleeping with all his toys ^.^
phie20
Informer

Postby WhatSheSaid » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:21 am

phie20 wrote:Ellie has posted a picture of Jackson sleeping with all his toys ^.^

That picture with Jackson asleep amongst all his toys makes me so happy! And the video of Calvin actually on the move to get that toy does my heart good. It goes to show how much toys are needed to help little ones develop and feel happy. This trip to see Jared's parents really did the kids good beyond measure.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:25 am

phie20 wrote:Ellie has posted a picture of Jackson sleeping with all his toys ^.^

That's the nativity she bought the other day.

Interesting that she takes a pic. Trying to prove he has toys? Or is she insecure about all the fun he had, so she's trying to make it look like he's just relieved to be home?
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby GymChick » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:55 am

Ya that is his nativity scene that he JUST got. Poor boy should have had something similar long time ago. I'm so glad he finally has something age appropriate to play with. Let's hope that's Ellie doesn't take it away after Christmas since it's a Christmas themed toy

GymChick
Guru Gossiper

Postby zipadeedodah » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:02 am

HelloSweetie1 wrote:

Interesting that she takes a pic. Trying to prove he has toys? Or is she insecure about all the fun he had, so she's trying to make it look like he's just relieved to be home?
I think it was to prove he had toys. I was going to mention the same thing but yall beat me to it ;-)

zipadeedodah
Extreme Gossiper

Postby maesemd » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:56 am

zipadeedodah wrote:
HelloSweetie1 wrote:

I think it was to prove he had toys. I was going to mention the same thing but yall beat me to it ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote

The picture is totally to prove that he has toys. Look at it. You can tell the toys were arranged around him after he fell asleep!
maesemd
Talker

Postby HelloSweetie » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:13 am

maesemd wrote:
zipadeedodah wrote:
HelloSweetie1 wrote:[quote="phie20"]Ellie has posted a picture of Jackson sleeping with all his toys ^.^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote

The picture is totally to prove that he has toys. Look at it. You can tell the toys were arranged around him after he fell asleep![/quote]

They totally were!

Plus do we really think Ellie would let him take his toys to bed with him? He rarely ha toys during the day, but he's allowed to have them at bedtime? No.

The two palm tree pieces are actually the sides of the nativity. Either he tore those off while playing with it, or Ellie took them off to make it appear like he had more (or different) toys there.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby WhatSheSaid » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:40 am

You all are absolutely right, that picture of Jackson was totally staged. I can't believe I fell for it, but to be fair it was really late and my first reaction was just to be happy for him. What a controlling little so and so, stooping so low as to stage instagram pictures! She has surely shown her true colors and it ain't pretty.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper

Postby ohmygoshyouguys » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:28 am

Guys, I'm pretty firmly in the anti-Ellie camp. But I don't think she would stage a picture. I just don't think there's enough evidence of that. I can see her taking the picture to prove he had toys, but I really don't think it was staged.
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:55 am

ohmygoshyouguys wrote:Guys, I'm pretty firmly in the anti-Ellie camp. But I don't think she would stage a picture. I just don't think there's enough evidence of that. I can see her taking the picture to prove he had toys, but I really don't think it was staged.

Maybe, but it doesn't make logical sense to me that she'd even let him take toys to bed, let alone that many... and including the nativity sides. It also doesn't make sense that he hasn't rolled or moved onto at least one. It looks too perfect to me. But yes, we have no definitive proof.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby Kryptonite » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:55 am

#StayPuffy

Kryptonite
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Previous

• Advertisement

Return to Ellie and Jared