E+J: Calvin the 6-month-old newborn Part 7

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J: Calvin the 6-month-old newborn Part 7

Unread post by GymChick »

Another example of Ellie acting like her childish self. In many vlogs she does anything just so she can be comfy- she takes off her pants in long drives, no seat belt, Jared 98% of the time drives ect. Can she not stand a 2 hour drive wearing pants and seatbelt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

gymchick43 wrote:Another example of Ellie acting like her childish self. In many vlogs she does anything just so she can be comfy- she takes off her pants in long drives, no seat belt, Jared 98% of the time drives ect. Can she not stand a 2 hour drive wearing pants and seatbelt

I think she thinks it's cute to be child-like.

That's also why I think she's losing patience with Jackson as he gets older. He's competition now that he's growing a personality independent of her. Much like Missy, she likes the attention that babies bring, but once they are weaned and independent they are annoying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

Who the hell takes off their pants in the car? If you hate it that much wear sweats or yoga pants!

ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

Ellie is a total baby. She's in search of baby pajamas for herself. :?
lalila
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lalila »

Does Ellie really take off her pants while in the car??? oO That's super weird.

Yep for the car seatbelt... :/ this family has ZERO safety conscious.

Too boring vlog today, I just FF.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Did anyone else watch April and Davey's vlog?

Ellie and Jared wouldn't have left until later, so the pancakes they had were actually lunch. Also, they made it look like they didn't get much sleep, but April said they all slept until 9 so she felt like she'd slept in.

April and Davey are to E&J as E&J are to Aspyn and Parker. Despite similarities, they seem to be at very different points in their lives.

Did anyone else find it odd that Ruby stopped by AFTER E&J left?
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

HelloSweetie1 wrote:
So we're E and J close to Rubys house? I find it incredibly odd they didn't stop by and see them.

How does Ruby know April and Davey?

ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

nutbagmcgee wrote:
HelloSweetie1 wrote:
So we're E and J close to Rubys house? I find it incredibly odd they didn't stop by and see them.

Yes, they would have had to pass Springville (where Ruby lives) to get to Lehi (where I believe April and Davey live). I'm not sure how Ruby knows April but I do remember them at some event together months ago. Joking about how they look like sisters.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

ohmygoshyouguys wrote:
nutbagmcgee wrote:
HelloSweetie1 wrote:

Yes, they would have had to pass Springville (where Ruby lives) to get to Lehi (where I believe April and Davey live). I'm not sure how Ruby knows April but I do remember them at some event together months ago. Joking about how they look like sisters.
That is just odd. I'm not surprised Ruby is making more YT friends though, she is all about the YT life all of a sudden.

sarah

Unread post by sarah »

actuallydear wrote:
minmouse wrote:I am curious how she is going to relate to Jackson as he gets older. He will begin to express himself, have an opinion, throw temper tantrums and tell her no. This is all normal behavior but I foresee E having an extra hard time with it. The terrible twos are called terrible for a reason!!
LMAO. I see the convo going like this:

Jared: Ellie, do you know what?
Ellie: What?
Jared: You know the terrible twos?
Ellie: Yeah?
Jared: WELL WE'RE GOING TO TURN THEM INTO THE TERRIFIC TWOS!
Ellie: 'Kay.
Also Ellie: Now can we have some treats?!
Sweet456
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Sweet456 »

Does everybody and their dog YouTube in Utah or what
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

I'll be completely honest, my family drives to Nova Scotia from the Toronto area every summer (Canada) and it's a 24 hour drive and if I'm going to sleep 9/10 times I end up taking my seat belt off because it's so uncomfortable. I know that it's unsafe, but during a 24 hour drive, it seems worth it lol. So I can KIND OF understand, but think it's incredibly unsafe and unnecessary during a 2 hour drive... The pants thing I think is bizarre though? Why would you take your pants off... if she were changing into other pants I could understand, but she wasn't?
Alisays
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Alisays »

Sweet456 wrote:Does everybody and their dog YouTube in Utah or what
I think 3/4 of the families I watch on YT are Mormon. Hubby asked me why that was, and I just couldn't find an answer for him. Why am I attracted to watching Mormon vloggers? LOL.
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

I read somewhere that so many Mormons vlog is because the religion wants families to document or journal their lives. I have to go back and find the source to double check though!

ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

zipadeedodah wrote:I read somewhere that so many Mormons vlog is because the religion wants families to document or journal their lives. I have to go back and find the source to double check though!

Resident Mormon here. ;) We definitely aren't encouraged to vlog or necessarily share lives online. But there have been a few statements made about sharing uplifting things online. Mormons are also big into family history. SO I guess with those two things combined a few families have discovered vlogging. I for one would NEVER vlog. I could never sell my kids out and have random strangers knowing so much about my kids and my life. It does bother me that the few Mormon families on YouTube make everyone think we are all like that. We're not. :)
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I had _heard_ (so totally feel free to correct me) that the LDS church liked vloggers like Shay who portray happy Mormon families because it might encourage people to check out the church and possibly convert. It's been mentioned on Shay's thread on GG.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
sunflower928
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sunflower928 »

alym0326 wrote:I'll be completely honest, my family drives to Nova Scotia from the Toronto area every summer (Canada) and it's a 24 hour drive and if I'm going to sleep 9/10 times I end up taking my seat belt off because it's so uncomfortable. I know that it's unsafe, but during a 24 hour drive, it seems worth it lol. So I can KIND OF understand, but think it's incredibly unsafe and unnecessary during a 2 hour drive... The pants thing I think is bizarre though? Why would you take your pants off... if she were changing into other pants I could understand, but she wasn't?
I'm sorry but that's stupid. You're willing to risk death because you're uncomfortable? And how does it being a longer drive make it ok? All you're saying is that it's ok for you but not Ellie.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

sunflower928 wrote:
alym0326 wrote:I'll be completely honest, my family drives to Nova Scotia from the Toronto area every summer (Canada) and it's a 24 hour drive and if I'm going to sleep 9/10 times I end up taking my seat belt off because it's so uncomfortable. I know that it's unsafe, but during a 24 hour drive, it seems worth it lol. So I can KIND OF understand, but think it's incredibly unsafe and unnecessary during a 2 hour drive... The pants thing I think is bizarre though? Why would you take your pants off... if she were changing into other pants I could understand, but she wasn't?
I'm sorry but that's stupid. You're willing to risk death because you're uncomfortable? And how does it being a longer drive make it ok? All you're saying is that it's ok for you but not Ellie.

Never once did I say it was okay for anyone, just that I can't hound on her for it because I myself have done it. When I said I understand I was talking about it being uncomfortable sleeping with one on... not her taking off her seat belt. Also never said that because it was a longer drive that it was okay, just that during that long of a drive safety isn't the first thing on my mind because it can get very irritating being in a car that long. Never once did I say it was okay for anyone - I literally said "I know it's incredibly unsafe"...

ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:I had _heard_ (so totally feel free to correct me) that the LDS church liked vloggers like Shay who portray happy Mormon families because it might encourage people to check out the church and possibly convert. It's been mentioned on Shay's thread on GG.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
I'm about as active as a Mormon can be and have never heard that. I don't think anyone I know even knows what vlogging is, to be honest. The only reason I got into this whole world was when I was going through infertility treatments.
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

alym0326 wrote:
sunflower928 wrote:

Never once did I say it was okay for anyone, just that I can't hound on her for it because I myself have done it. When I said I understand I was talking about it being uncomfortable sleeping with one on... not her taking off her seat belt. Also never said that because it was a longer drive that it was okay, just that during that long of a drive safety isn't the first thing on my mind because it can get very irritating being in a car that long. Never once did I say it was okay for anyone - I literally said "I know it's incredibly unsafe"...

Ooooh, wear your seatbelt. :( It's literally the difference between life and death.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”