E + J: Half Portions Only Part 10

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E + J: Half Portions Only Part 10

Unread post by GymChick »

Okay this is me being a crazy conspiracy theorist so just humour me lol. Also all by memory so I probably have some facts wrong.

Ellie and Bonnie's OB in my opinion, both seemed to have old school thinking and were quick to induce labour. Bonnie never went past her due dates and was induced, Ellie was induced on her due date for Jackson. I remember her saying that it was some blood count condition? But really- what is the harm of waiting another week? I really don't think it was that serious. Same thing with Calvin- when Ellie was approaching 36 weeks her doctor mentioned to them that they needing to "think" about things regarding induction but Ellie didn't want to discuss it much on the vlogs. I believe they wanted to get an ultrasound to see if his size would be in issue and if they should induce base off of that because she is a small girl (that is very old school thinking- I know women just as small as Ellie who delivered 10lb babies lol). Anyways- the way calvins birth was edited- it seemed like it was natural labour (at 37/38 weeks?) but my conspiracy and vibe I got was that she was given something to induce, cervix softener or w/e. Ellie had reservations about discussing induction on the vlog prior so I believe they would have hidden that fact. Once she got to the hospital they could have also further induced her with pitocin (sp?). They were getting her to walk the halls and shit, usually they encourage that mainly when someone is being induced before the due date- as they really want to speed things along so a c-section doesn't happen. Anyways, Calvin ended up being very small- after bloating went down he was below 6lbs.
Anyways my conspiracy is that maybe they induced to early- 38 weeks could have actually been 34 weeks, 35 weeks, 36 weeks. All before full term. And a preterm baby is more susceptible to congenital torticollis and seizures.

I'm not against inductions based of sound medical advice and a week-10 days after due date. Where I'm from they wait 10 days after due date to induce. (I went into labour naturally 8 days after due date).

Just a theory so please don't rip me a new one :P
QueenBooBoo1216
Informer
Informer

Unread post by QueenBooBoo1216 »

My son was in the ER when he had his first seizure. Not one test was done they gave him ibuprofen and said to make an appointment with his pediatrician. The second one 911 was called and once in the ER another dose of ibuprofen and told to follow up with his pediatrician. No tests were done and the pedestrian told us to make an appointment with the neurology department. Unless neurologist was in the ER it is likely they would've been told to follow up with his doctor who has more knowledge of his medical history.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

E + J: Half Portions Only Part 10

QueenBooBoo1216 wrote:My son was in the ER when he had his first seizure. Not one test was done they gave him ibuprofen and said to make an appointment with his pediatrician. The second one 911 was called and once in the ER another dose of ibuprofen and told to follow up with his pediatrician. No tests were done and the pedestrian told us to make an appointment with the neurology department. Unless neurologist was in the ER it is likely they would've been told to follow up with his doctor who has more knowledge of his medical history.

That's insane, in Canada if you go in with possible seizure, vitals are monitored, especially blood pressure and oxygen saturation since calvin loss consciousness, blood work up which can determine of their was a seizure, if there is an elevation of certain blood chemistry an EEG is ordered to monitor brain activity. And they usually keep you over night.

ETA: did he have a febrile seizure? That would be reason for no tests. Also kudos to you for being a good parent and still going to the ER
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

Friend of mine's son just had a seizure (grand mal?) And she took him in about 3 hours later, once she was informed by someone that it sounded like he had a seizure. She wasnt sure what was going on. They ran tests and he was diagnosed with epilepsy. All within 24 hours.

Also Canada, so maybe it's different. But seizures shouldnt be taken lightly.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
QueenBooBoo1216
Informer
Informer

Unread post by QueenBooBoo1216 »

gymchick43 wrote:
QueenBooBoo1216 wrote:My son was in the ER when he had his first seizure. Not one test was done they gave him ibuprofen and said to make an appointment with his pediatrician. The second one 911 was called and once in the ER another dose of ibuprofen and told to follow up with his pediatrician. No tests were done and the pedestrian told us to make an appointment with the neurology department. Unless neurologist was in the ER it is likely they would've been told to follow up with his doctor who has more knowledge of his medical history.

That's insane, in Canada if you go in with possible seizure, vitals are monitored, especially blood pressure and oxygen saturation since calvin loss consciousness, blood work up which can determine of their was a seizure, if there is an elevation of certain blood chemistry an EEG is ordered to monitor brain activity. And they usually keep you over night.

ETA: did he have a febrile seizure? That would be reason for no tests. Also kudos to you for being a good parent and still going to the ER
We had gone to the ER because the babysitter said he didn't want to do anything but lay and cuddle and the urgent care was closed. The nurse calls his name to go back and he started having a seizure. That one they said was febrile seizure because they had taken his temperature at check in. He went from 98 to 103 in under 15 minutes. The second time we were on vacation and nobody knows why he didn't have a fever in the ambulance or the hospital. They gave him ibuprofen because of his previous seizure. When his pediatrician saw him 2 days later he said it would be faster to just go to neurology and have him checked to rule out any other factors and it was probably febrile seizures but to be safe. Here unless you have really good insurance (and especially now when they hesitate to do a lot for financial reasons) they kind of just do the minimum. This was almost 20 years ago and we had great insurance the first time and medical through the military the second I don't want to imagine how difficult it would be now.

Bethypooh51
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bethypooh51 »

In true Ellie and Jared fashion ... No updates on Calvin, no updates on Ellie's Drs appt. and her health issues, no update on the visit with the nutritionist. I think what is so frustrating is that it is like a story with no ending ... No closure for the viewers to experience. I honestly think that if they are going to put personal stuff on the vlog then they need to follow through and let the viewers know everything is ok. In my opinion they just look like a couple of very incompetent parents. So sad!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

A febrile seizure is no big deal compared to a seizure caused by a neurological problem. Calvin didn't have a fever as far as we know. So obviously he would have been treated differently in the er than the pp's son.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Plus, they keep using the term "resuscitate".

Either they are too quick to jump to that and are performing CPR unnecessarily, or he isn't just having a "typical" seizure.

We don't even know that it was a seizure, just that Ellie thinks it was. What to typically do in the event of a seizure shouldn't even matter yet. More like "what to do after your child stops breathing and needs CPR".
Alisays
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Alisays »

Bethypooh51 wrote:In true Ellie and Jared fashion ... No updates on Calvin, no updates on Ellie's Drs appt. and her health issues, no update on the visit with the nutritionist. I think what is so frustrating is that it is like a story with no ending ... No closure for the viewers to experience. I honestly think that if they are going to put personal stuff on the vlog then they need to follow through and let the viewers know everything is ok. In my opinion they just look like a couple of very incompetent parents. So sad!

I think they secretly like this. They like giving out some info, watching their viewers beg and plead for updates, then stringing them along. I mean, it's just another form of flattery for them. They thrive on it, even the negative comments, they like watching their minions attack others in the comments. I just feel it's true for E & J (and B & M).
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

HelloSweetie1 wrote:Plus, they keep using the term "resuscitate".

Either they are too quick to jump to that and are performing CPR unnecessarily, or he isn't just having a "typical" seizure.

We don't even know that it was a seizure, just that Ellie thinks it was. What to typically do in the event of a seizure shouldn't even matter yet. More like "what to do after your child stops breathing and needs CPR".
This.

Also, if I try really hard, I can ALMOST believe that their ped really did tell them to just go to a neuro doc instead of their regular doctor.
What I don't understand or believe is that no one called 911.
And I'm not even just talking Ellie or her family.
As a passerby, if I saw a panicking mother, screaming for help and someone performing CPR on an infant, my first move is to dial 911.
Someone in that store called an ambulance, and Ellie or family either said "no no, just your standard infant, passed out and not breathing situation. No need to bother the paramedics", or Ellie downplayed the situation to first responders as a bystander overreaction.

I simply can't believe that no one who witnessed this called 911. It's unfathomable.

:roll:
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I agree. It's weird that no one else called 911. Were they inside a store when it happened? Most places would have called 911 because they don't want to be liable for any damages because the incident happened on their property.
amazing_ayah
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by amazing_ayah »

In my opinion i think they are making this up. I mean look how much attention B&M got when ollie had to get a stitch for his lip. They just want attention and views and probably got jelly because the attention shifted on the bums. I don't believe a word they say. It's all scripted and fake. They are disgusting though for using the boys just to make them money. That just sad.
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

I don't think they're making the whole thing up. But I do think something is missing from the puzzle.
momof2princes24
Talker
Talker

Unread post by momof2princes24 »

gymchick43 wrote:Okay this is me being a crazy conspiracy theorist so just humour me lol. Also all by memory so I probably have some facts wrong.

Ellie and Bonnie's OB in my opinion, both seemed to have old school thinking and were quick to induce labour. Bonnie never went past her due dates and was induced, Ellie was induced on her due date for Jackson. I remember her saying that it was some blood count condition? But really- what is the harm of waiting another week? I really don't think it was that serious. Same thing with Calvin- when Ellie was approaching 36 weeks her doctor mentioned to them that they needing to "think" about things regarding induction but Ellie didn't want to discuss it much on the vlogs. I believe they wanted to get an ultrasound to see if his size would be in issue and if they should induce base off of that because she is a small girl (that is very old school thinking- I know women just as small as Ellie who delivered 10lb babies lol). Anyways- the way calvins birth was edited- it seemed like it was natural labour (at 37/38 weeks?) but my conspiracy and vibe I got was that she was given something to induce, cervix softener or w/e. Ellie had reservations about discussing induction on the vlog prior so I believe they would have hidden that fact. Once she got to the hospital they could have also further induced her with pitocin (sp?). They were getting her to walk the halls and shit, usually they encourage that mainly when someone is being induced before the due date- as they really want to speed things along so a c-section doesn't happen. Anyways, Calvin ended up being very small- after bloating went down he was below 6lbs.
Anyways my conspiracy is that maybe they induced to early- 38 weeks could have actually been 34 weeks, 35 weeks, 36 weeks. All before full term. And a preterm baby is more susceptible to congenital torticollis and seizures.

I'm not against inductions based of sound medical advice and a week-10 days after due date. Where I'm from they wait 10 days after due date to induce. (I went into labour naturally 8 days after due date).

Just a theory so please don't rip me a new one :P

They had me walk and I wasn't induced or given any medication! So not always true! His torticollis was from the position he was in the womb.. And I think that what he is having is linked to that.. They only took him to the chiropractor and Ellie didn't want to ever take him to physical therapy.. I don't think they ever got it taken care of! It can affect his swallowing.. I think got choked.. Or he could have had a seizure too.. It's all linked to his neck I think personally!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Maybe someone offered to call and Ellie declined and said she will call their family doctor
pllfan5
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by pllfan5 »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Jackson stop breathing once too during the past few months? I'm pretty sure it was around Thanksgiving and it was at Ellie's parents house and they didn't get medical attention for him either since Landon was there. Also, they didn't get him medical attention when he hit his head the same day that Calvin stopped breathing for the first time. I think it's safe to say that they are just neglectful parents :?
#FreeFinleyandJackson
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

OT: It drives me bonkers that they don't model correct speech for Jackson. When they ask a question and he answers yes it sounds like yeeo. He can make an s sound, he does it when he says hi guys. They should help him say yes properly. Also Jared loves when he says yeah instead of yes. I wish they would teach him to be polite. Answering yeah is not proper often times. When my kids answer yeah to a question they know to correct to yes please.

And one more quick nitpick peeve... Jackson playing in the rack of clothes (not an issue) but while eating a sticky lollipop! I'd be ticked if I waned to buy clothes a toddler got sticky because his mom let him eat a lollipop in the racks. Just rude imho.
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

^ The yeeo thing drives me INSANE!
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

pllfan5 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Jackson stop breathing once too during the past few months? I'm pretty sure it was around Thanksgiving and it was at Ellie's parents house and they didn't get medical attention for him either since Landon was there. Also, they didn't get him medical attention when he hit his head the same day that Calvin stopped breathing for the first time. I think it's safe to say that they are just neglectful parents :?
They really don't seemed too concerned when the kids get injured. I wonder if the whole family is like this? Would explain why bonnie didn't insist they go to the ER. Their kids safety is not their strong point.
pllfan5
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by pllfan5 »

I found the video- Jackson fainted. Here is the video if anyone is interested:
#FreeFinleyandJackson

Return to “Ellie and Jared”