• Advertisement

E + J: Half Portions Only Part 10

Re: E + J: Half Portions Only Part 10

Postby lmmomSD » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:50 am

Nini12 wrote:OT: I went and watched the vlog where they found out they were expecting Jackson... yeah, Ellie has "always been this way" being that skinny. I hope that they get their priorities straight. Ellie go eat something and Jared don't waste all your day playing games, go get a job and stop making money out of tagging "CPR" in your vlogs when your baby that's not even an year old stops breathing.

Now I see how much they were acting even in their old vlogs and that's just sad.

She looks like a different person! No, she definitely hasn't "always been like this". Thin, yes. But not scary skinny.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby HashtagBlessed » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:52 am

Urine_Bandant12 wrote:
start-the-fire wrote:Perhaps the real reason behind Jareds parents moving close by is because Calvin is sick. They may just know more than they say. Although I agree, they do not have to share their childs medical condition with us, but if they want to keep it private they should NOT leave in these incidents that sound like emergencies. It makes them look negligent at best. I sure Calvin doesn't have a serious health issue, but if he does I worry about what kind of care he will receive. Chronic medical care is expensive and they have shown they don't like to spend their money on their kids. As well as the precident thats been set with caring for his neck, they dont seem like they'd follow through with special needs care that required many visits or medicine. There is, to my understanding, medications that can help inhibit seizures (if thats what it is, which Ellie is NOT qualified to diagnose). If she feels "mothers intuition" about him then she is even more despicable for not seeking care.

I'm wondering this too.

It would all kind of fit into a time line. Of when Jared was so sad and stressed and down, to where Ellie started to lose weight, to his parents moving closer. It would also explain why Ellie never wants to be alone with both boys... if something did happen to Calvin no one would be there to look after Jackson. Didn't her 'monthly updates' on Calvin stop happening around the same time too. October ish? Wasn't that also around the time they started co-sleeping? Because if I remember right he didn't start off as co sleeping and they later brought him into bed to help with 'sleeping issues'.

I'm guessing there's something else going on. I couldn't say what, but it feels like we're getting half truths on a lot of things. And it doesn't fully make sense.

It's entirely possible that Calvin just happens to have torticollis and some type of childhood seizure issue, and Ellie and Jared just so happen to be going through marital and health problems that they're unsuccessfully trying to sidestep on the vlogs. But I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is interconnected in some way. It's hard to say which came first, but perhaps Ellie's health issues, Calvin's health issues, and their marital problems are all feeding off of each other.

I can understand not wanting to discuss some things publically, but if this is the way they choose to live their lives and make their living, I would think that it would actually feel better to be more honest and just level with people, rather than hiding things every day and trying to present this front of the perfect family. It sounds exhausting, and it's incredibly transparent.
HashtagBlessed
Gossiper

Postby gwsb » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:01 am

The vlogging model most family vloggers adopt is unhealthy. They all push positivity to the point they are charactures of real people. Positivity is great but unrealistic every single day. This sets up the need to fake happiness and bottle emotions. Add in quitting jobs and it's isolating. If they only do activities that are vloggable they are limiting things like mom and me groups, museums, etc.

I think all the issues we've seen lately are unrelated. If Jared's parents are moving for Calvin tben he's even more insensitive to be calling their stuff junk.
gwsb
Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:19 am

I can vouch for a child's health issues putting a strain on a marriage. Not just from personal experience, but what I saw working in PICU as well.
And as much of a control freak as Ellie is, feeling out of control of Calvin's health and marital strain could really mess with her head. I could see her controlling her food intake and working out because it's all she _can_ control. Just speculation. No idea what is really going on, any more than anyone else here.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby SBC1990 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:28 am

Do anyone think they've talked about divorce and the reasoning for the house build is to try and keep their marriage together.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
You Got It Dude 8-)
SBC1990
Gossiper

Postby hking224 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:30 am

lmmomSD wrote:
Nini12 wrote:OT: I went and watched the vlog where they found out they were expecting Jackson... yeah, Ellie has "always been this way" being that skinny. I hope that they get their priorities straight. Ellie go eat something and Jared don't waste all your day playing games, go get a job and stop making money out of tagging "CPR" in your vlogs when your baby that's not even an year old stops breathing.

Now I see how much they were acting even in their old vlogs and that's just sad.

She looks like a different person! No, she definitely hasn't "always been like this". Thin, yes. But not scary skinny.

This was the first vlog I ever watched of theirs and I remember thinking that she was so pretty. It's crazy how much she's changed since then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hking224
Amateur

Postby HelloSweetie » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:31 am

SBC1990 wrote:Do anyone think they've talked about divorce and the reasoning for the house build is to try and keep their marriage together.

Lol, that would make no sense whatsoever.

But nothing they do makes sense, so who knows?

I do believe E put pressure on J to start the house process much sooner than originally planned.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby SBC1990 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:32 am

HelloSweetie1 wrote:
SBC1990 wrote:Do anyone think they've talked about divorce and the reasoning for the house build is to try and keep their marriage together.

Lol, that would make no sense whatsoever.

But nothing they do makes sense, so who knows?

I do believe E put pressure on J to start the house process much sooner than originally planned.

She was out looking for places to build with out Jared at times and her mom consulted her more with out Jared too.

You Got It Dude 8-)
SBC1990
Gossiper

Postby ohmygoshyouguys » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:34 am

Nah,I don't think so.
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper

Postby sprinter1722 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:52 am

Dont they have an appt scheduled today?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
sprinter1722
Amateur

Postby Nini12 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:05 am

There's no way that E&J would even say outloud that they would divorce or distance a bit, both of them have been raised thinking that "families are forever" and if Ellie thinks like Ruby, "mothers are essential" could be a reason why she gives her alleged mother's intuition .

IMO a huge problem that they have is that they don't really know each other and never talk about their feelings, Jared had just came back from his mission and Ellie was finishing high school, that's how they everything finished with them getting married after 11 months or 1 year of knowing each other. To make it worst, with youtube they became more materialistic and got bigger egos.
I feel like these vlogger families that suddenly get so much attention they need that at least one of them to keep them grounded or at least don't change completely, i.e in C&K's case I can see Katie being the one who does that.
^^^ Sorry if there are any mistakes guys, english is not my first language
Nini12
Informer

Postby sprinter1722 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:11 am

Wow.....vlog just happened in the kids bedroom,entire 10min of reading a book,hand stands and Jared mentions he ordered owlet for Calvin.how about going to Dr instead? Like nothing happened...worst parent award goes to....

sprinter1722
Amateur

Postby dailycomplaining » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:13 am

Not surprised they only vlogged 10min in Jackson's room and them reading books. I knew they weren't gonna film during the day probably because of the negative comments they got on yesterday's video.
dailycomplaining
Amateur

Postby Shineondiamondeyes » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:17 am

sprinter1722 wrote:Wow.....vlog just happened in the kids bedroom,entire 10min of reading a book,hand stands and Jared mentions he ordered owlet for Calvin.how about going to Dr instead? Like nothing happened...worst parent award goes to....

I haven't watched yet. But I'm so confused about this owlet thing. Are they going to use the owlet on him until he's 20??? Wouldn't they just get testing done to determine the actual issue, rather than using a device to monitor breathing?? I just don't understand. God forbid Calvin does stop breathing and the monitor senses it and alarms them, well it isn't going to make him breath again - do you guys get what I'm saying? Obviously I don't want anything to happen to Calvin or Jackson for that matter. I just feel like they are being negligent parents , get to the root of the issue here

Shineondiamondeyes
Amateur

Postby HelloSweetie » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:23 am

So what are they going to do until the Owlet arrives? Also, what good will that really do? The episodes aren't when he is sleeping. They don't watch him 24/7 when they are at home and he's moving around.

Like I said.... no urgency.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby ohmygoshyouguys » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:27 am

Ellie seemed pissed and definitely not wanting to vlog. Why not just skip the day instead of doing THE lamest vlog/one take ever!?
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper

Postby start-the-fire » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:28 am

The Owelet device won't help. Both times that we know about, it happened in the middle of the day while he was awake and out of bed. And it wont resuscitate him either,if god forbid he should need to be. They need to find out whats wrong with him. Because bottom line, SOMETHING is wrong with him. It is NOT normal for babies to do that. Healthy children do not have this type of issue. This is not sids etc.
start-the-fire
Amateur

Postby littlebaby » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:30 am

Calvin "I'm Cuter Than Jackson" Mecham?
littlebaby
Gossiper

Postby zipadeedodah » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:33 am

And no update today. I hope they really see someone soon.

zipadeedodah
Extreme Gossiper

Postby sprinter1722 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:42 am

littlebaby wrote:Calvin "I'm Cuter Than Jackson" Mecham?

I know..threw me off there for a second,and no...I don't think he's cuter,Calvin in my opinion is just awkward looking.

sprinter1722
Amateur

Postby gymchick43 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:44 am

[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160310/661ad865407e63e59606f7fa36acd363.jpg[/img]

Look at the stupid description, one of the reasons they took the day was to get the kids ready for bed? Lol whag
gymchick43
Extreme Gossiper

Postby Playsinrain » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:45 am

Wasn't there a Dr's appt yesterday?? I'm i mis remembering her saying that they were getting seen first thing yesterday morning? But yet nothing on the vlog about it? They get everyone worked up and get all #PrayFOrCalvin but yet ZERO follow up??????? Whats the point????
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:47 am

HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby Playsinrain » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:05 pm

Ellie's legs in those leggings while they were doing handstands were shocking... wow..

So are they just going to by and Owlet and be done with it? Like this monitor is just going to solve the issue?

Also, and i meant to bring this up yesterday but i forgot...The title of the vlog yesterday was in normal font, no caps, which draws even more attention to the video, it makes me sick that they can use this episode as a money grab but cant take it seriously enough to get their child to the dr.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby ohmymy » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:08 pm

I understand a little better about the situation yesterday after re-watching the end of the vlog. People on here were really skewing what she said.

She was in no way talking about Calvin's situation being fatal. She was saying that she's grateful that she babies him a little more than Jackson because he obviously needed that extra attention and would have regretted not giving him the extra things that he needed after the upcoming diagnosis.

Also, in the comments she says that it isn't right what people are saying because they went about everything the way their doctor told them to.

It's unfortunate for them that they haven't told us more because that's why some people are freaking out. They're a bit lost in the story because so
I much is missing. But, that's E+Js choice.

ohmymy
Amateur

PreviousNext

Return to Ellie and Jared