E+J: Just Play Dumb Part 11

just_me
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J: Just Play Dumb Part 11

Unread post by just_me »

So last weekend all these Mormon vloggers went to CVX Live and basically ditched Easter (or at least part of it). This weekend they are glued to their tv's for their yearly 2 day conference. That just doesn't make sense to me.
Mammabear
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Mammabear »

just_me wrote:So last weekend all these Mormon vloggers went to CVX Live and basically ditched Easter (or at least part of it). This weekend they are glued to their tv's for their yearly 2 day conference. That just doesn't make sense to me.
Perhaps Mormons don't celebrate the resurrection? Can someone in the know please advise. Thank you.
MichaelScarn
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MichaelScarn »

Ex mormon here. They do celebrate it. In fact second most important holiday of the year in the church behind Christmas.
Soooo yeah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ashtonfrank76
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Ashtonfrank76 »

Mammabear wrote:
just_me wrote:So last weekend all these Mormon vloggers went to CVX Live and basically ditched Easter (or at least part of it). This weekend they are glued to their tv's for their yearly 2 day conference. That just doesn't make sense to me.
Perhaps Mormons don't celebrate the resurrection? Can someone in the know please advise. Thank you.
I'm Catholic (born and raised) and honestly we were just celebrate Easter on Sunday, maybe a mention of it on Friday... I don't know about the Mormon church but I doubt they spend all weekend around church.. And if they did everyone here would probably be talking about how they are shoving their religion down our throats... I don't know nobody can win here.. I think religion is so personal to the family that it's not really something we should shame them for
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Ashtonfrank76 wrote:
Mammabear wrote:
I'm Catholic (born and raised) and honestly we were just celebrate Easter on Sunday, maybe a mention of it on Friday... I don't know about the Mormon church but I doubt they spend all weekend around church.. And if they did everyone here would probably be talking about how they are shoving their religion down our throats... I don't know nobody can win here.. I think religion is so personal to the family that it's not really something we should shame them for
Have you seen the conference vlogs at all?

There's a big difference between an Easter vlog and a conference one.

Plus no one is shaming them for their religion. Questioning for sure! It seems like E&J at least are more about the procedure and policies of their religion, and less about the general spirit.

I'm 100% going to question it if you don't practice what you preach.
Ashtonfrank76
Amateur
Amateur

HelloSweetie wrote:
Ashtonfrank76 wrote:
Mammabear wrote: Perhaps Mormons don't celebrate the resurrection? Can someone in the know please advise. Thank you.
Have you seen the conference vlogs at all?

There's a big difference between an Easter vlog and a conference one.

Plus no one is shaming them for their religion. Questioning for sure! It seems like E&J at least are more about the procedure and policies of their religion, and less about the general spirit.

I'm 100% going to question it if you don't practice what you preach.
I enjoy their conference vlogs! I don't think they're too-preachy at all. Honestly they preach positivity often and it's obvious that they are positive people, yes they have there down days but so does everybody? No one is perfect, they aren't trying to be perfect and never claim to be and I'm sure whoever you are in your life is not perfect either. I just think there are so many better topics you can actually talk about here other than someone else's religion. There are thousands of others who pretend to be Christian and preach it and don't even practice it, E & J go to their 3 hour church service every week which is more than most Christians do. You can complain about their personality, parenting, boring vlogs, whatever but you don't see their religion well enough to judge.

Fixed quotes - Krypto
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Ashtonfrank76 wrote:I enjoy their conference vlogs! I don't think they're too-preachy at all. Honestly they preach positivity often and it's obvious that they are positive people, yes they have there down days but so does everybody? No one is perfect, they aren't trying to be perfect and never claim to be and I'm sure whoever you are in your life is not perfect either. I just think there are so many better topics you can actually talk about here other than someone else's religion. There are thousands of others who pretend to be Christian and preach it and don't even practice it, E & J go to their 3 hour church service every week which is more than most Christians do. You can complain about their personality, parenting, boring vlogs, whatever but you don't see their religion well enough to judge.
Well, you and I clearly watch very different vlogs if you don't think they preach or pretend to be perfect.

And lol at your assumption they go to church every week. We've seen many Sunday one takes where they've mentioned relaxing all day, and many more where they've vlogged and haven't gone to church. They've just been going more since they bought the house, and have likely switched to B&Js church.

But it's clear you and I will agree on nothing E&J related, so fair enough. Agree to disagree.

Fixed quotes - Krypto
Ashtonfrank76
Amateur
Amateur

HelloSweetie wrote:
Well, you and I clearly watch very different vlogs if you don't think they preach or pretend to be perfect.

And lol at your assumption they go to church every week. We've seen many Sunday one takes where they've mentioned relaxing all day, and many more where they've vlogged and haven't gone to church. They've just been going more since they bought the house, and have likely switched to B&Js church.

But it's clear you and I will agree on nothing E&J related, so fair enough. Agree to disagree.
Just last thing- I don't know if you know anything about the Mormon church or their beliefs, all my cousins are Mormon so I've been to the services before and I grew up around it. The reason they "relax" on Sunday is because of their church. You aren't supposed to work or do anything but relax and be with family on Sunday's. That's why they do the one-take. Because they aren't even supposed to be working. (I don't really get it or agree with it, but that's why)

Fixed quotes - Kryptonite
Green Jello
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Green Jello »

I will honestly say I dislike the conference vlogs, probably because I live in Utah and I am NOT Mormon. In the days leading up to and the weekend of that is all you hear about. I even try to avoid Facebook, I love all my friends including the LDS ones but when they start posting quotes and pictures I get annoyed at the mass quantities of it all.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
SBC1990
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by SBC1990 »

Green Jello wrote:I will honestly say I dislike the conference vlogs, probably because I live in Utah and I am NOT Mormon. In the days leading up to and the weekend of that is all you hear about. I even try to avoid Facebook, I love all my friends including the LDS ones but when they start posting quotes and pictures I get annoyed at the mass quantities of it all.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
It would be OK to see it once or twice but they get over bearing with it.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
You Got It Dude 8-)
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

As a Mormon I just have to say that conference is fun for us...like the Mormon super bowl, lol. A lot of families make it all about the tradition of yummy food, and a cozy weekend to spend together. If you're not Mormon I can see how it would be annoying sometimes I guess. Just like I get annoyed with my friends obsessed with the super bowl. ;)
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Also forgot to add that it does seem like Ellie is happier and her face is filling out more. My theory all along has been undiagnosed postpartum depression. I wonder if since she seems to have quit nursing, her hormones are getting back to normal.

Oh...and I literally almost barfed when she did the mouth to mouth thing on Jared. I can't unsee that. Barf.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

If her hormones are coming back and she isn't obsessively tracking fertile periods I'm gonna go ahead and say she'll be pregnant again before too long.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

actuallydear wrote:If her hormones are coming back and she isn't obsessively tracking fertile periods I'm gonna go ahead and say she'll be pregnant again before too long.
Because three children will just make things more perfect right?
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

actuallydear wrote:If her hormones are coming back and she isn't obsessively tracking fertile periods I'm gonna go ahead and say she'll be pregnant again before too long.
Oh I hope not!!! I do think maybe next winter or spring she'll be announcing a pregnancy though. And then the cycle will start all over.
Mammabear
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Mammabear »

MichaelScarn wrote:Ex mormon here. They do celebrate it. In fact second most important holiday of the year in the church behind Christmas.
Soooo yeah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you. I was curious. It is always good to learn about the subtle differences in religions and faiths. No shaming intended on my part by asking the question.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Just before CVX Live I noted that E&Js vlogs were failing to reach even 100K views after a day. Then one day, as if my magic, all the vlogs under 100K magically jumped up over it. We are talking a bunch of vlogs that were at 80/85k and somehow within hours jumped to around 105. CVX must have brought in a ton of new subs, or Jared has found a way to buy views.

I feel like he recognized there was a problem and they have been trying to appear more relatable. Letting Cal have spaghetti and become incredibly messy, or giving Jackson a Popsicle on the rug in a white onesie. Sorry, but I think is for show. Before they wouldn't let Jackson get a little dirty, and all of a sudden it's nbd for him to have Popsicle everywhere? Makes no sense other than they are trying to prove they aren't uptight. It just seems so far in the other direction to me.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Because three children will just make things more perfect right?
Sure! They'll just be a new addition to their house... an add on, like Ellie's custom vanity.
yarahcr
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by yarahcr »

With her pcos and all I doubt they'll conceive anytime soon.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

yarahcr wrote:
With her pcos and all I doubt they'll conceive anytime soon. (I hope they do, though Image )

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
She got pregnant with Calvin right away so you never know.

Why do you hope she does? She can't handle the two she has alone and things just started to look up. Plus they have the stress of the house build coming up.

I would think that would be a bad idea.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”