Part 17: E&J, Ellie the princess of Utah

liz749
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Part 17: E&J, Ellie the princess of Utah

Unread post by liz749 »

Bonnie cracked me up in her vlog when Matt surprised her at the store and she said she just saw teeth and assumed it was Jared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
just_me
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by just_me »

Scar2016 wrote:This is a collection of 35 videos from the Griffith kids's childhood for those that haven't seen/would like to see them. Might be some clues/observations on how they were parented -
I'm a few pages behind but wanted to comment on the Griffith's childhood videos that were linked. I could only deal with watching one of the videos and with the sound off though. lol The one titled "girl pushes toddler off bike". I can't believe one of the parents just stood there filming their kids while one shoved another off their bike and face first into the concrete. Then continues filming while the pushed toddler lays there crying and the other kid gets onto the bike and goes to ride it.

Oh wait... after about what seems like forever, Jennifer comes casually walking up and picks up the toddler. And it looks like he has blood on his face. Not a word (that I could tell with the sound off) to the kid that did the pushing. What the heck.

Note: I can't remember the brother's name and I can't tell which of the girl's that is.
perctpiper
Talker
Talker

Unread post by perctpiper »

just_me wrote:
Scar2016 wrote:This is a collection of 35 videos from the Griffith kids's childhood for those that haven't seen/would like to see them. Might be some clues/observations on how they were parented -
I'm a few pages behind but wanted to comment on the Griffith's childhood videos that were linked. I could only deal with watching one of the videos and with the sound off though. lol The one titled "girl pushes toddler off bike". I can't believe one of the parents just stood there filming their kids while one shoved another off their bike and face first into the concrete. Then continues filming while the pushed toddler lays there crying and the other kid gets onto the bike and goes to ride it.

Oh wait... after about what seems like forever, Jennifer comes casually walking up and picks up the toddler. And it looks like he has blood on his face. Not a word (that I could tell with the sound off) to the kid that did the pushing. What the heck.

Note: I can't remember the brother's name and I can't tell which of the girl's that is.
That's Ruby and Beau.
Ceirsten8676
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ceirsten8676 »

perctpiper wrote:
just_me wrote:

That's Ruby and Beau.
Ruby was a devil child. Karma is getting her back now with Eve who is just like she was when she was a child.

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

HelloSweetie wrote:Ellie could have done her mom's nails after the appointment. They don't have jobs to get back home to! The fact that she continues to remove herself from Calvin's appointments, while maintaining strict control over everything else is very telling. I mean, isn't this the sort of thing a mother should want to be on top of? By staying out of it she's dismissing the entire thing and failing to support the PT and the treatment. I have no respect for Jared if his answer is to work around Ellie, instead of expecting her to step it up. He needs to take his balls back for the sake of his children.
I reckon they've been fermenting in a jar in cold store for too long now. He'd be better buying some new fresher ones off Ebay. 8-)
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

KitKat 01 wrote:
liz749 wrote:Most people are assuming that Matt may have quit his job for YouTube. There's a better chance that he was fired if he suddenly has all this free time. That makes more sense consider his small subscriber base. Maybe that was the unexpected thing that happened that allowed the whole family to come visit Utah. I have no idea.. but it seems more plausible he was fired.

I'm assuming he quit because if my husband was fired from his job, he would immediately buckle down and start looking for a new job. Instead, they are driving around the country visiting family, making vlogs and trying to gain viewers from their proximity to Ellie and Jared. As others have said, he seems to have been employed when he flew out to see Jared with Ethan, but immediately following that he had all of this time off. It makes me think he saw their new house and all of their wealth and decided it was time to leave his job with the hope of gaining viewers from hanging out with Ellie and Jared.

I figure since Jared has done very little to promote Matt's channel on his vlog's Matt thought he'd bring the mountain to Mohammad and voila, Matt's in Utah. It's a bit like a game of Where's Wally with Matt atm coz he even crept up on Bonnie in the grocery store to get an appearance in her more popular vlogs. ;) These cotton pickin' vloggers, they can smell money like a shark smells blood. Ruthless I tell ya, ruthless. :?
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
ellay
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ellay »

Matt and Em's vlogs are really depressing to watch. Their life looks so miserable and dull. Drake is a sweetheart but Carter's a brat and very rude to his mom and Emily has absolutely no authority and just laughs it off when Carter insults her. Probably doesn't help that she's homeschooling. I'm pretty sure they will announce that they are moving to Utah to do YouTube full time before Thanksgiving.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

liz749 wrote:Bonnie cracked me up in her vlog when Matt surprised her at the store and she said she just saw teeth and assumed it was Jared.

I just laughed so hard at that, I snorted.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Why do all these YT'ers act so tired and exhausted all of the time especially when they don't do anything extraordinary. It's called life. Either they need to get a good physical or a nutritionists. There is no reason why 20 something people should be this exhausted every day. Sorry for the rant.

Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

Ducklings4 wrote:Why do all these YT'ers act so tired and exhausted all of the time especially when they don't do anything extraordinary. It's called life. Either they need to get a good physical or a nutritionists. There is no reason why 20 something people should be this exhausted every day. Sorry for the rant.

It's tiring to stay all day with the arm up to film yourself.
Probably they have insured their arms because they are so precious.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

Ducklings4 wrote:Why do all these YT'ers act so tired and exhausted all of the time especially when they don't do anything extraordinary. It's called life. Either they need to get a good physical or a nutritionists. There is no reason why 20 something people should be this exhausted every day. Sorry for the rant.

I often wonder this too. These twenty year olds have no stamina or just lazy. I can't image how they would do if they had to work a forty hour week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I wonder if some of it is boredom. They are always trying to find "fun" things for the vlogs, but they really don't do anything to stimulate their brains. Boredom can make you feel tired.

fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

lmmomSD wrote:

I wonder if some of it is boredom. They are always trying to find "fun" things for the vlogs, but they really don't do anything to stimulate their brains. Boredom can make you feel tired.

Yep, if you don't get out and stimulate yourself every day with something that's meaningful to you, your physical and mental health suffers. Just taking a walk around the block with their family, going to the gym on a regular schedule, or doing some kind of social activity (and they could take advantage of their church for that) would probably do wonders.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I really think the ONLY reason Bonnie and Ellie get along so well is because Bonnie is incredibly easy going and chooses to see Ellie's poor behavior and little digs as amusing rather than taking offense. I really do wonder how Bonnie and Joel talk about Ellie and Jared in private. I can't believe Ellie contradicted Bonnie's parenting decision and said, "Well, Aunt Ellie says you can have the treat" like her authority trumps her sister's authority, when Bonnie is the parent. Most people would find that inappropriate, and that kind of attitude is probably why Ellie doesn't appear to have any real friends outside of her sister. No old friends from high school or their BYU days, no one from church. It's very telling that they don't have any friends that aren't either family or paid contractors of some kind.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ellay wrote:Matt and Em's vlogs are really depressing to watch. Their life looks so miserable and dull. Drake is a sweetheart but Carter's a brat and very rude to his mom and Emily has absolutely no authority and just laughs it off when Carter insults her. Probably doesn't help that she's homeschooling. I'm pretty sure they will announce that they are moving to Utah to do YouTube full time before Thanksgiving.
I think even Matt's mom is trying to help Matt out being part of his vlogs. Interesting, Jared dropped off Jackson to go with Matt and his family to a movie, but Jared didn't go with them (Matt said why don't you come to this movie to Jared.) Jared was going with Joel and his father-in-law doing something...no invite for Matt to go with Jared which would likely help his channel if he vlogged this outing. Anything Matt does with Jared increases his numbers.

When does Emily homeschool the older ones....they have to be school age or should be doing school work.

E+J are down to hanging pictures and not much more house revealing vlogs. They are seeing less new subscribers too.

I feel like Matt is a bit jealous of Jared's success him being the older brother and all as he refer to himself when he borrowed Jared's tools in Matt and Emily's vlog. Jared almost seems to gloat talking to Matt in his office. My guess is Matt can't see why he isn't doing as well with YouTube. This to me is sad he wouldn't value an ordinary job and look to advance his career instead of the easy YouTube new money. At his age, I would go home to Texas, stop investing my time into vlogs. I would want to move up the job ladder and this would require hard work and/or education. Emily, with her college education, at some point could look at her career and job prospects. This is by far a better way to live a stable life instead of looking at some YouTube subscriber count...especially after two years and you are in the thirty thousand range and only a thousand or so daily views. But instead they are going to Vlogger Fair....

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HashtagBlessed wrote:I really think the ONLY reason Bonnie and Ellie get along so well is because Bonnie is incredibly easy going and chooses to see Ellie's poor behavior and little digs as amusing rather than taking offense. I really do wonder how Bonnie and Joel talk about Ellie and Jared in private. I can't believe Ellie contradicted Bonnie's parenting decision and said, "Well, Aunt Ellie says you can have the treat" like her authority trumps her sister's authority, when Bonnie is the parent. Most people would find that inappropriate, and that kind of attitude is probably why Ellie doesn't appear to have any real friends outside of her sister. No old friends from high school or their BYU days, no one from church. It's very telling that they don't have any friends that aren't either family or paid contractors of some kind.
If you watched Ellie on YouTube, would you seek out her friendship. For me, it would be a resounding no.

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Drake was so annoying interrupting Jared over and over and Emily just laughed and didn't correct him. I would have made him stop if he were my son, once is funny but not 10 times. Jared made fun of Jackson's lisp in Matt and Ems vlog today.
Denlillehavfrue
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Denlillehavfrue »

The whole youtubers being tired all the time reminds me of myself in summer. When you had nothing to do, you somehow become more tired. The brain needs stimulation and change. Even going to the office doing the same thing everyday has some change. Youtubers do nothing.

They're at the point in their lives where they have access to everything, yet they're at home. I know we would give them crap for it, but ellie and jared could easily score a free cruise, or discounted one, but they don't want to. They don't want to do anything. Their lives are repetitive. And let's be real, I can't imagine them at home having deep conversations.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

What is with the harvest theme for the mirror?
And of course books are made for decoration and to stack things on top. Duh...

Ellie: "All superheroes listen to their mom"
I laughed because almost all the superheroes are orphans.
Still better parenting than EJ.

PS: Thinking about the book statement. I realised they have no books/bookshelves in the house.
If I will ever have my custom house I want a full wall bookshelf.
Maybe they should just have screens with subscribers count.
kates_crush
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kates_crush »

Vincere wrote:What is with the harvest theme for the mirror?
And of course books are made for decoration and to stack things on top. Duh...

Ellie: "All superheroes listen to their mom"
I laughed because almost all the superheroes are orphans.
Still better parenting than EJ.

PS: Thinking about the book statement. I realised they have no books/bookshelves in the house.
If I will ever have my custom house I want a full wall bookshelf.
Maybe they should just have screens with subscribers count.
You know what, now that you mention it, had it ever been shown that Ellie and Jared read to the boys? Do the boys own books?
I have been a nanny for several families over the years and every household had a crap tonne of kids books,some days it felt like all the kids wanted to do was sit in my lap and read.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”